As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

American Democracy: Presidential Edition - Vote Your Conscience!

• htmhtm Registered User regular

@EWErickson: "This is the part of the speech where he convinces Hispanic voters to vote for him."

When Erick, Son of Erick, thinks you're a racist, you're beyond the pale of civil society.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Our airports are third world condition? What?

And don't we want to put even more people on food stamps because they work awesome?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    He doesn't have secret service bodyguards yet, right?! Those people on stage are just stand-ins, right?

pretty sure he has Secret Service protection. Bernie did.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    How many of those 14 million "leaving the workforce" are like my parents who both just retired after 35 years of teaching?

Don't concern yourself with Democrat technicalities!

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    oh god benghazi

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That red line in Syria almost got my brother killed, thank you. :(

Also, I would say working with Iran is gonna be a good deal in the long run.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    And there's the chants of "lock her up" again.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Trump's handlers convinced him that was a bridge too far. What is going on?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This is one of Trump's best teleprompter performances. He's usually very flat when he reads; he still sounds a bit unnatural, and is forcing it a little, but it's still much better than his usual job.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    My God, he's not going pants-on-head crazy tonight!

...or at least so far

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Well hopefully Obama and Bernie have responses tonight

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    Bernie name drop. Ain't gonna work, Donnie.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    How many of those 14 million "leaving the workforce" are like my parents who both just retired after 35 years of teaching?
    If a doctor retired early during the recession at the age of 62, he is unlikely to come back once the recession is over a few years later because why bother.
    Trump says that “14 million people have left the workforce entirely” since Obama took office in 2009. It’s not clear where exactly that figure comes from; the labor force is in fact 4.7 million people larger today than when Obama took office in 2009. But it’s certainly true that as a share of the population, fewer Americans are working today than when Obama took office. Despite a bit of a rebound in recent months, the so-called labor force participation rate is near a three-decade low.

Much of that decline is due to the aging of the baby-boom generation, which would have happened regardless of the state of the economy. But the recession accelerated the process
    , pushing millions of Americans out of the job market; many of them have never returned. Earlier this year, I estimated that if all those people were counted as “unemployed” rather than “out of the labor force,” the unemployment rate would be nearly a point higher than it is.

• RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    For a brief moment there, Pence had a Christie look on his face

!
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that AQAP existed before Obama was elected.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Benghazi!

/chugs

• MuddypawsMuddypaws Lactodorum, UKRegistered User regular
    Basic "Did not shit his pants" competence will be "He looks presidential" catnip to the press.

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    This toad makes me physically ill.

Because all of this can be linked back to Hillary Clinton, Mr. Donald Trump.

Tepid applause. He's not going big enough for this crowd.

"...Trillions of dollars wasted in the Middle East"

Yes. On conflicts started by the Republicans.

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    This is one of Trump's best teleprompter performances. He's usually very flat when he reads; he still sounds a bit unnatural, and is forcing it a little, but it's still much better than his usual job.

He's had four day of underlings and fanatics stoking his ego. Probably the happiest he's ever been.

steam_sig.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    It's a low bar, but this is the best speech that Trump has given.

Spoiler: there's no plan.

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    His plan? Are we going to hear policy!?

(fake) EDIT: Nope.

m!ttens on
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    oh here we go

let's hear the plan

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Well hopefully Obama and Bernie have responses tonight

I think Warren has something lined up for Colbert tonight.

steam_sig.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

He's had four decades of underlings and fanatics stoking his ego. Probably the happiest he's ever been.

• RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    The crowd is not really responding as much to this new, on-book Trump

They want the crazed lion

RhalloTonny on
    !
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Imagine if you could actually directly either begin or end literally every single problem you're dealing with?

Imagine if it was only our own mistakes that ever led to issues

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    The plan is... JOBS! AMERICA! JOBS! AMERICA!

ztrEPtD.gif
    His plan? Are we going to hear policy!?

(fake) EDIT: Nope.

Dickslaps for all!

That was an incredibly awkward double negative/sentence

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    "Americanism not globalism"

This discussion has been closed.