As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Eve Online Special Edition] Expansions, Mac/Linux Clients, and newbie drive

• DJDeeJayDJDeeJay Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm probably going to end up regretting it in some way, but I'm downloading the client now. I first saw / heard about EVE 2 years ago or so, and narrowly avoided it, being certain it would destroy me. Plus, I only had access to dial up at the time, which would have definitely destroyed me. Good thing I decided to start playing WoW instead... :roll:

See ye starside.

DJDeeJay on
    FrozenMonk.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    deadtear wrote: »
    Sup I'm a GF director just posting in support of my merch brosefs. I did my damndest to bring them into the fold, and I *think* they can't be happier, but screw them I'm happy with the arrangement and that's all that matters right?
    Tell ARSED we're coming after AZN.

Also, the trick to playing around DT on a daily basis is to go hunting for faction spawns.

EDIT: But not Angel faction spawns.

electricitylikesme on
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    badjujuman wrote: »
    Can someone help me? I have gone to two docks and I haven't been able to see the Merch Corp in the Offices tab.
    Woops, looks like we closed a few of the offices I listed. I've gone back and updated it with new ones.

Uh yeah Imma make an internal forum post about this

This is kind of important

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Applied at the offices today. Hash VonSmashism.
    I didnt knwo what to put in the app so I just said: "I hear you guys are like rockstars" or something like that.
    See you all in game. Thanks for the help Drake.

Smashism on
  • runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Smashism wrote: »
    Applied at the offices today. Hash VonSmashism.
    I didnt knwo what to put in the app so I just said: "I hear you guys are like rockstars" or something like that.
    See you all in game. Thanks for the help Drake.
    That's fine. For future reference though:

NEWBIES: PLEASE PUT YOUR PA NAME ON THE IN-GAME APP.

runaway_pancake on
    edited November 2007

This should probably be in the OP. It helps a lot to have PA names in the apps.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
    edited November 2007
    SpaceDrake wrote: »

This should probably be in the OP. It helps a lot to have PA names in the apps.
    It is, but apparently it needs reiteration.

runaway_pancake on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Becoming wrote: »
    Does anyone else love the name of our system?

Not until we get to name it New Hoshoun.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Becoming wrote: »
    Does anyone else love the name of our system?

Not until we get to name it New Hoshoun.

FYI you suck.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sup I'm a GF director just posting in support of my merch brosefs. I did my damndest to bring them into the fold, and I *think* they can't be happier, but screw them I'm happy with the arrangement and that's all that matters right?

As long as BattleStars are around to be the bitch of GS, we are happy.

Ethea on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait, I just read Mono post saying his account was purged. CCP have been deleting accounts now? Or am I just reading too much into that..

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wait, I just read Mono post saying his account was purged. CCP have been deleting accounts now? Or am I just reading too much into that..

I think he means his account on the Goonfleet forum. When your account lapses from not paying the bills or you just don't log in for long enough, most corps like MerchI or Goonfleet will kick you from the corp back to your noobie corp as a matter of housecleaning (no point having lots of inactive members cluttering up your corporation). When you get kicked from a corp in Goonswarm, your forum account gets deleted as a matter of opsec.

CCP aren't going to start deleting inactive accounts any time soon, because appart from anything else they use those numbers to artificially inflate their statistics.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited November 2007
    Ahh, fair enough. I was just afraid CCP had started to abandon their dormant account policy, and had started nuking idle accounts.

edit: When I stopped playing, I was in IRON. I strongly doubt I'll still be there, but I'll be parked up in a station down south somewhere. Joy.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • deadteardeadtear Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ahh, fair enough. I was just afraid CCP had started to abandon their dormant account policy, and had started nuking idle accounts.

edit: When I stopped playing, I was in IRON. I strongly doubt I'll still be there, but I'll be parked up in a station down south somewhere. Joy.

Down south? You're in luck...sort of. We control the south. All of it.

deadtear on
  • OptimusWangOptimusWang Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ethea wrote: »

As long as BattleStars are around to be the bitch of GS, we are happy.

But what will we do now that Apple Boy and Angelonico are gone? D:

Also, sup new guys. Come play internet spaceships with us and learn new and exciting ways to grief people 8-)

OptimusWang on
    edited November 2007

When I say 'south', I basically mean 'below Jita', since I never used to go down that way anyway. I think I'm somewhere down around Querious, but it's been more than a few months since I played. When I do start up again, I'll either hook up with Merch, or with the corp my brother's in which is also down in your area, I believe.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • activesevenactiveseven Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    I've been playing Eve on and off since retail. I stopped for a long time because I had my first daughter. Now that my life is more stable I've returned to Eve a few months back. However I've been in Empire space just running missions and I know that I am missing a large portion of this game.

This thread has gotten me very excited. Even though I'm at work I am logged in an flying my Abaddon over to Amarr VII to fill out an application.

Thank you for this opportunity. :)

activeseven on
  • GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hello PA. Come play EvE.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I still love this game, but when i played a month or two ago, I kinda jumped in with you guys at Merch way too fast. I got my teeth handed to me in my only pvp sortie, mostly due to my own mistakes as a rookie. That, combined with a lack of a mic (something that's keeping me from playing most online games), kinda killed my interest for the time being.

I dunno. It just feels awkward without knowing people.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited November 2007

When I say 'south', I basically mean 'below Jita', since I never used to go down that way anyway. I think I'm somewhere down around Querious, but it's been more than a few months since I played. When I do start up again, I'll either hook up with Merch, or with the corp my brother's in which is also down in your area, I believe.

Oh ewww querious, yeah that's the only part we dont control, outside of bob space proper. v:|v

deadtear on
  • CodeCode Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Athenor wrote: »
    I still love this game, but when i played a month or two ago, I kinda jumped in with you guys at Merch way too fast. I got my teeth handed to me in my only pvp sortie, mostly due to my own mistakes as a rookie. That, combined with a lack of a mic (something that's keeping me from playing most online games), kinda killed my interest for the time being.

See, that is part of the joy, the entire point is to go out, in a cheap ship and Alluah Ackbar the enemy sometimes. Hell we do it in expensive ships on occasion just because it is fun (I reference the "useless ship" op that I was on recently, go blaster cormorant) once you can relax, and learn to enjoy blowing up, the game gets to be a whole lot more fun.
    Also, since I got Mario Galaxy, I havn't logged in to the game in days, hooray for offline skill training though, for when I return, I will be interdictor ready.

Code on
    edited November 2007

I use the shitty usb headset that came for the original SOCOM for PS2. Trust me, you don't need anything fancy/expensive, and being able to shoot the shit with people makes a huge difference.

OptimusWang on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

I use the shitty usb headset that came for the original SOCOM for PS2. Trust me, you don't need anything fancy/expensive, and being able to shoot the shit with people makes a huge difference.

Yeah, but I'm really broke, and I'm debating between a headset mic and a stand mic. There are times I don't want to put on my headphones to talk.

Plus.. I dunno. The atmosphere seemed.. off from what I like in a group. I'm not a natural born griefer.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • littwentythreelittwentythree Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow, that new skin sure makes the Osprey look like a pretty ship. Yep.

Also, play EVE.

littwentythree on
    newsig.png
    edited November 2007

Yeah, but I'm really broke, and I'm debating between a headset mic and a stand mic. There are times I don't want to put on my headphones to talk.

Plus.. I dunno. The atmosphere seemed.. off from what I like in a group. I'm not a natural born griefer.

Not all of us are - the ratio of carebear to pvp'er is much more balanced in MRCHI than most of Goonswarm, and out of those pvp'ers maybe half are actually griefing. Hell, I don't think Rhonyn has undocked in anything other than an industrial or freighter in the last 6 months :lol:

OptimusWang on
    edited November 2007

Not all of us are - the ratio of carebear to pvp'er is much more balanced in MRCHI than most of Goonswarm, and out of those pvp'ers maybe half are actually griefing. Hell, I don't think Rhonyn has undocked in anything other than an industrial or freighter in the last 6 months :lol:

Yeah. That's the type of game I want to play, where I can manufacture shit, go out and beat up on pirates, protect mining gigs...

But I can't tell if 0.0 space is like that. And.. I still haven't made up my mind about how I feel about SA as a whole.

Athenor on
  • LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My in-game name is Librarian Thorne. Yes, I'm quite creative with my usernames. >.>

I've only gotten about an hour in, but I'm logging back in so I can get mroe stuffs.

LibrarianThorne on
    edited November 2007

Yeah. That's the type of game I want to play, where I can manufacture shit, go out and beat up on pirates, protect mining gigs...

But I can't tell if 0.0 space is like that. And.. I still haven't made up my mind about how I feel about SA as a whole.

You pretty much described what life in our station system is like. As far as SA goes, just close the alliance and shared channels (except for the one for spotting hostiles) and you'll never have to interact with them if you don't want to. That said, the goons get a bad rap; a lot of people who started off as "fuck goons" end up really liking them.

OptimusWang on
    edited November 2007
    Goonswarm is fueled by unrestrained humor, drama, hazing, and mocking pubbies. It turns some people off, but if you can roll with it, the goons are more fun than any other two alliances combined.

runaway_pancake on
  • StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Holy crap an EVE thread in G&T, wonders never cease.

But yeah come join us, the major problem with EVE right now is that if you're American there aren't enough people to shoot, but hopefully in a month or two half of our allies (KOS, SMASH, etc) will be told they're no longer our allies and the shooting can commence.

StormyWaters on
  • GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

If you're really broke, don't pay for eve for one month, and use that money to buy a headset. Then when the next month rolls around, you will have more skillpoints and also a reason to use them.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Hey fuck you goons are awesome...well as long as you stay the hell out of most of the forums on SA.

deadtear on
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Let me translate this, we should have changed our ticker to ASCN.

Ethea on
  • LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, I just went to the Ishisomo VIII center to put in an application, but I didn't see the corp there. Is there a better place I should go to?

Tangentially related, is there some way to jump between systems without me having to sit down and do it manually?

LibrarianThorne on
    edited November 2007
    So, I just went to the Ishisomo VIII center to put in an application, but I didn't see the corp there. Is there a better place I should go to?

Tangentially related, is there some way to jump between systems without me having to sit down and do it manually?
    I just checked in-game and that office is still up. Make sure you're in the right station: Ishisomo VIII - Propel Dynamics Factory.

Also, autopilot.

runaway_pancake on
  • muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just downloaded the mac client and god... it barely works....

muninn on
    edited November 2007
    muninn wrote: »
    Just downloaded the mac client and god... it barely works....

You're certain that your system meets the specifications to run the client?

Also Thorne you CAN use autopilot but because it drops you 15km away from the gate, it's slow as hell and it leaves you vulnerable.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I got denied, but I kinda wrote a crazy thing on my app. Trying again with my PA name and what not. Someone accept me :(

Smashism on
  • Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

For you second question, there is your autopilot but the catch is it warps you 30km off the gate so you have 30 seconds to 2 minutes of using sublight engines to 'slowboat' to the gate's jump range. During this time you are extremely vulnerable should a hostile be near by.

So it's cool for you to do it until the moment you get accepted into the corp since other corps/allainces have declared war on Goonswarm. Meaning a handful of people can attack you anywhere. I was just in empire and every few systems there were a couple of war targets.

In short: never ever use the fucking auto pilot.

Bryse Eayo on
    edited November 2007
    15km, actually. Which is still terrible for anything slower than, like, a Vagabond.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.