As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Every. Single. Prime

2»

• Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    Sadly my 7 and 1/2 year stint really broke my streak for attending PAX. Still managed to make it in 2010 with my wife when we deployed to Iraq (we went on our R&R leave). Prior to that I was at 2004, 2005, and an enforcer for 2006 (still have the shirt in my closet, would break it out for PAX but not sure that would go over well). Hoping now that I am back home I can resume attending PAX yearly.

• Options
    mdjenkinsmdjenkins Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Timepants wrote: »
    Sadly, I've never been to East or Aus, but I've been to every Prime since '05. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hangs on to all my badges as a keepsake. I could only get a set of 1-day passes for this year's show and I'm seriously considering trying to find a scalper for a 4-day pass so I can have that in my collection instead of a bunch of single days.

g3g6x0aku4nj.jpg

Don't support scalpers, good sir or madam.
    If it wasn't for scalpers, I wouldn't have been able to attend 2013.

• Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    That's an impressive badge collection, The Geek! It was very difficult not to read your original post in Zapp Brannigan's voice, however.

I've only been able to attend PAX Prime 2008-onward, while missing 2011 entirely. I acquired Four-Day badges from '08 to 2012, but now my collection has just as many One-day badges all from 2013.

For those who display their badges, do you have a clever way of displaying the One Day badges without having so much clutter? I guess placing them behind each other works well enough.

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I just wear the single day badge and switch them out each day , keeping the other badges in the hotel room safe.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I just wear the single day badge and switch them out each day , keeping the other badges in the hotel room safe.
    I meant for display on your wall (post PAX), although the thought of rocking every day badge around your neck each day of PAX is quite amusing. :)

Zombicus on
    Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    JulieLJulieL Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    My husband has been to every PAX Prime and talked me into going in 2005. So this will be his 11th PAX Prime and my 10th. We started taking our daughter in 2007 when she was 7 so this will be her 8th year attending!

• Options
    deflatermau5deflatermau5 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Zombicus wrote: »
    I meant for display on your wall (post PAX), although the thought of rocking every day badge around your neck each day of PAX is quite amusing. :)
    I just use wall tacs and hang them using miscellaneous lanyards i get from each year of attending pax. I usually display then in chronological order (first to last) one behind the other. Makes it easy without any effort each year :)

• Options
    And the streak continues!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    This will be my first Prime, but I've been to every East. I've kept all my badges (and some useless swag at my husband's request). Some of them are signed by Mike and Jerry. This year I got all the members of Protomen to sign it. I should gather them all and do something cool with them. Or something.

• Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    This is my second PAX. The only other PAX before this current West one, was the 2015 Prime.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    This is my second PAX. The only other PAX before this current West one, was the 2015 Prime.

Me too. I'm almost sad I missed out on so many awesome PAX years just because I didn't know about it before then, but ah well. I'll just enjoy every year to come.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    And the streak continues!

Yo,

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    we get it. you vape got to go to every pax prime and every pax west

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    pax-vaporizer-handheld.jpg

???

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I wasn't in the PA community during those early PAXes and couldn't have gone anyway due to lack of funds but once I did start going?
    FvAvbUK.jpg

I look forward to adding another year to the pile (and it's my first one as a Washington resident!)

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    Wow I've been going off and on since 2010. Been to South twice and once to East. Pretty impressed with some of the records you guys have!

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2016
    Nope. The heavy botting and indifference to solving it prevented it from happening - been prevented multiple years due to it. And refuse to support the scalper industry.

Those badge collections are p cool though

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    @TOGSolid I forgot for some reason you were an Omeganaut in '10. But, hey, I was super drunk that whole time so I'm not surprised. Also, not good at being super drunk.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    vespachica wrote: »
    @TOGSolid I forgot for some reason you were an Omeganaut in '10. But, hey, I was super drunk that whole time so I'm not surprised. Also, not good at being super drunk.

Drunken Omeganauting is proper Omeganauting!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Well I can't say I've been to every Prime but this will be my 19th PAX. Been to every prime since 07, every East since 11, and the 2015 South.

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Ive somehow managed every year since 08, Leaned about it in 07, right after PAX... A friend of mine didnt think to tell me about it...
    It only started selling out fast within the last 3 years though

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    DeimirDeimir Registered User regular
    While I wasn't aware of PAX in its early days, I also haven't missed a Seattle PAX since 2007, making this year my 10th Seattle PAX in a row. 12th PAX overall, I went to South and East as well in 2015.

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    With the exception of last year, I've been going to PAX Prime/West since 2004! :biggrin:

• Options
    KarambytKarambyt Registered User new member
    Hi guys, I just heard of PAX for the first time and I want to go to one, I would love to go all days but I understand that might not work out since I am so late to the game here.

What can I do to find some passes that won't cost me my arms and legs?

More importantly, could I sub in other people's arms and legs instead of my own?

Similarly, what is the exchange rate of human limbs to PAX West badges? Do skin color or muscle tone get taken into consideration?

Thank you.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Karambyt wrote: »
    Hi guys, I just heard of PAX for the first time and I want to go to one, I would love to go all days but I understand that might not work out since I am so late to the game here.

More importantly, could I sub in other people's arms and legs instead of my own?

Similarly, what is the exchange rate of human limbs to PAX West badges? Do skin color or muscle tone get taken into consideration?

Thank you.

1) There is a hard rule of no badge buying or selling on this forum. Your post should be fine. The rule comes from past cases where people got scammed.
    2) Reddit has a PAXPassExchange board. They limit the markup to $10/day. This means all 4 days would be at most $220/person this year. Of course way more people are buying than selling.
    3) Closer to the show it's much easier to get them. A lot of people overbuy or just change their plans. Supply goes up and price comes down. You should be able to find badges fairly close to list price. Especially Monday, it's easily the least popular day. Saturday is the most popular, but Friday and Sunday are not significantly less desirable.
    4) Nobody has badge now. They don't ship out until a couple weeks before the show. This means that any current eBay listing is in violation of their terms of service (you can't sell something you won't be able to ship soon).
    5) If you can, collect them at the convention center and use the badge verification station. PAX badges have multiple forms of copy protection (including a hologram and UV ink).
    7) Don't buy from a scalper (the guys with a stack of badges on the corner by the convention center) unless you really have no choice.
    8) If you don't get badges, there is still lots of cool stuff going on around PAX. Like a pub crawl, multiple fan dinners, parties, developer meetups, etc... Pretty much all of those are open to anyone who wants to go.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    KarambytKarambyt Registered User new member
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Karambyt wrote: »

Thank you.

1) There is a hard rule of no badge buying or selling on this forum. Your post should be fine. The rule comes from past cases where people got scammed.
    2) Reddit has a PAXPassExchange board. They limit the markup to $10/day. This means all 4 days would be at most $220/person this year. Of course way more people are buying than selling.
    3) Closer to the show it's much easier to get them. A lot of people overbuy or just change their plans. Supply goes up and price comes down. You should be able to find badges fairly close to list price. Especially Monday, it's easily the least popular day. Saturday is the most popular, but Friday and Sunday are not significantly less desirable.
    4) Nobody has badge now. They don't ship out until a couple weeks before the show. This means that any current eBay listing is in violation of their terms of service (you can't sell something you won't be able to ship soon).
    5) If you can, collect them at the convention center and use the badge verification station. PAX badges have multiple forms of copy protection (including a hologram and UV ink).
    7) Don't buy from a scalper (the guys with a stack of badges on the corner by the convention center) unless you really have no choice.
    8) If you don't get badges, there is still lots of cool stuff going on around PAX. Like a pub crawl, multiple fan dinners, parties, developer meetups, etc... Pretty much all of those are open to anyone who wants to go.

Hey, thanks man, I appreciate the info. I actually posted to that sub earlier today on the recommendation of my buddy, so I hope I get a reply. I'll check again when we're a month out.

$220 for four days sounds pretty good.

Not sure what to do with these miscellaneous limbs though. I feel awkward.

Tacos, maybe?

• Options
    Well let's see now, I've got standard attendee, media, and exhibitor badges in my collection.

And now I get to add a new kind!

Start with an O and ends with megathon.

I'm on my way to collecting them all!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SpicyMeatsSpicyMeats Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    Well let's see now, I've got standard attendee, media, and exhibitor badges in my collection.

And now I get to add a new kind!

I'm on my way to collecting them all!

This is my 10th Pax and i finally get to add one of those to my collection as well.

qEGfoNG.png

• Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    Congratulations.