As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel] - Introducing Marvel LATER!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    They're giving Odinson the Ultimate Hammer it looks like.

And as I posted above, he is worthy.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I always figured that
    It wasn't Thor himself who had changed fundamentally at all, but the living enchantment on Mjolnir had altered itself so that only Jane was worthy to wield it, because Mjolnir somehow sensed she would need the power of Thor for some task in the future. The magic of Asgard is a little bit alive - Mjolnir might 'know' something we don't, and foresees something only Jane-as-Thor can do. Hence, disqualifying everyone else from having the hammer.

Thor actually becoming unworthy enough to hold Thorr's hammer was just him falling into a funk, sez I.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I always figured that
    It wasn't Thor himself who had changed fundamentally at all, but the living enchantment on Mjolnir had altered itself so that only Jane was worthy to wield it, because Mjolnir somehow sensed she would need the power of Thor for some task in the future. The magic of Asgard is a little bit alive - Mjolnir might 'know' something we don't, and foresees something only Jane-as-Thor can do. Hence, disqualifying everyone else from having the hammer.

Thor actually becoming unworthy enough to hold Thorr's hammer was just him falling into a funk, sez I.
    Thorr's Hammer can only be wielded by the Unworthy.

If he can't lift it, it means he's Worthy.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Marvel got the rights to the name "Champions" back. It'll be a title spinning out of Waid's Avengers book post-Civil War 2. Also Humberto Ramos. The lineup:
    CHAMPIONS001-Cover-e97bf.jpg

Honestly, it never even occurred to me that we'd get the chance to see any of the Vision clan outside of their current title; I'm excited at that prospect. Ditto Scott Summers sans-X-Men.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »
    Honestly, it never even occurred to me that we'd get the chance to see any of the Vision clan outside of their current title; I'm excited at that prospect. Ditto Scott Summers sans-X-Men.

Yeah, that series is presented as if something really horrible is going to happen by the end of it, but I like this idea. Also yey, Ramos.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I saw in the September solicit that in Falcap's book USAgent is going to show up, which is interesting because Sam and John never really had much interaction, but this being Nick Spencer I'm super wary of how he'll write USAgent especially with how ham fisted he seems to have gotten in recent years. At best I can hope it's probably along the lines of Wolverine in Ennis' Punisher run.

Champions book looks pretty good with the lineup, although I have no idea what's been going on with kidCyclops in the past two years.

• Options
    DistractionDistraction Registered User regular
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    USAgent is a jingoistic asshole and a bully and a jerk.

• Options
    Asshole and jerk yes, that's why he's so great, he doesn't hide it. Bully nah, he beats up bullies with his super sweet skills.

Along with Iron Doom and the new Iron Man series with notNataha Irons (Bendis better send some of his paycheck to Louise Simonson and Mark Schultz), Captain Marvel is also being relaunched again to which I just smile and shake my head, along with a prequel mini for an upcoming X-Men vs. Inhumans story that's going to lay out what happened in the 8 month gap along with Emma and Cyclops being gone and the terrigan poisoning (didn't know Emma was also gone).

IMO right now seeing how bad Civil War II has been and all these growing gimmick changes, Marvel feels like what DC did two or three years ago, just throwing anything out there and trying to hide it behind this seasonal thing they've been doing, when it ultimately just feels confusing. If DC Rebirth didn't have the Superman and WW books being both refreshing and a callback to the old days, I'd likely be out of the big two publishers completely now.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Marvel has always (well, at least since I got back into comics in '05) thrown stuff at the wall. The difference between Marvel and DC is that when something doesn't stick with Marvel, they kill it within six months and pretend it never happened. Meanwhile, DC lets their bad stuff linger like a dead skunk under the porch.

EDIT: And while I'm one of the people who likes Bendis, I would much rather have Jonathan Maberry on the title. The Doom he wrote in Doomwar was phenomenal, and the scene between Doom and the god of Wakanda in it is one of my favorite Doom moments ever.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    the scene between Doom and the god of Wakanda in it is one of my favorite Doom moments ever.
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

• Options
    Maberry writing a title again would be great to see.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    So, fun fact; when you get physical subcription on Marvel's website, and books get canceled while you still have issues on your subscription, they get rolled over to another comic. If you're already subscribed to that comic, they get added to your subscription.

Because of Secret Wars, there was a goofy thing where comics were becoming other comics and etc. etc. I e-mailed Marvel about to see if a particular comic (Korvac Saga) was going to become Guardians of Infinity. (It had the same writer and same kind of thematic space). I was told no, and so I got a subscription, but it ended up transferring anyway. Guardians Team-Up also got added to the sub, which had auto-renewed.

So between my manual subscription, the Korvac Saga auto-sub, the Guardians Team-Up auto-sub and the 2 issues I had left on Team-Up, I had a 38 issue subscription to Guardians of Infinity.

Now, Guardians of Infinity is being canceled after 8 issues and that subscription, along with Star-Lord, are being rolled into Guardians of the Galaxy, which I already have a sub to. So I now have a 41 issue subscription to Guardians of the Galaxy.

I kinda just want to see how deep this rabbit hole winds up going.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    interesting little bits about USAvengers here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/assembling-americas-mightiest-heroes-for-the-usavengers-with-al-ewing
    POD has gone through some changes. I'm not at liberty to say what those changes are -- spoilers, everybody -- but she's got a new codename, Enigma, and some freaky new powers. It's still the same Aikku Jokinen in the suit, though.

Danielle Cage comes back to the past on a mission to recapture a criminal from her own time. But this past is new territory to her -- thanks to Ulysses' predictions during "Civil War II," a crucial element of her history never happened. Marvel readers are used to alternate futures, especially as the sliding timeline means that no future will ever happen, but it makes for something of an existential crisis for Dani herself. Will her future be waiting for her when she returns from the present? Is her Earth the "true" Earth, or is this one? Should she try to preserve her own future legacy, in the knowledge of what she's achieved, or let her toddler-self in this world have a life free of the burden of being Captain America? It's a complex question. Oh, and Danielle fighting alongside her old baby-sitter is going to be a definite thing.

[The Golden Skull]'s actually pretty dangerous! He's kind of goofy, but then so was Boris Johnson. He's got future technology that's better than anything in the present, and he's using it to make sure the future of this "alternate past" belongs entirely to him -- a global kleptocracy, with him behind the scenes, manipulating all aspects of life to serve the end goal of funneling more cash into his vaults. The Golden Skull is fun to watch and fun to be around, but he won't rest until the entire universe is just one big Scrooge McDuck money-bin, an engine solely devoted to making the rich richer, with him richest of all. And he might do it.

We're going to be a little more serious sometimes -- it's a serious world -- but hopefully it'll still be a fun book. We're tacking hard towards the super-spy element of the original '60s S.H.I.E.L.D., and readers who've been wondering about that giant lizard foot in the "Divided We Stand" promo should watch for the return of a fan-favorite character in the nearness of future -- there's a particular tie-in down the road that I've earmarked that guy for, and I suspect the readers will have an extraordinary amount of fun with that.

YES AMERICAN KAIJU!

• Options
    No USAgent on a team called USAvengers I mean what the hell this purely to spite me....

Jessica Jones is also getting a new series with Bendis and Gaydos on the book. And Thanos is getting an ongoing by Lemire and Deodato.

But Bleeding Cool is plastering a lot of new title launches for Marvel Now volume 88, which includes
    a Renew Your Vows series
    Ultimates being relaunched with Carol and Black Panther apparently a couple
    a Kate Bishop Hawkeye book
    Iron Fist book with his little kid protege from the recent series
    A Wasp comic
    A new Kingpin comic
    a new Rocket Raccoon series
    An Occupy Avengers series which seems five years too late but seems to tie into Civil War II #3

• Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    Nova news
    Looks like Richard Rider is coming back. I hope they keep the costume he's had since Annihilation, it's the best.

I think that's the only thing that interests me about this most recent relaunch? I collect through trades anyway and I'm still getting books in the era between Infinity and Secret Wars. It's becoming difficult to know which trades in which series comes next since there are a million volume 1 trades for each series now...

• Options
    lunchbox12682lunchbox12682 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Rans wrote: »
    Nova news
    Looks like Richard Rider is coming back. I hope they keep the costume he's had since Annihilation, it's the best.

I think that's the only thing that interests me about this most recent relaunch? I collect through trades anyway and I'm still getting books in the era between Infinity and Secret Wars. It's becoming difficult to know which trades in which series comes next since there are a million volume 1 trades for each series now...

Yeah, I have Unlimited and I am so confused where to look at any given moment if I want to follow the more main line stuff in Marvel, i.e. Avengers or Xmen. So many Avengers books that restart every couple of years.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So, Marvel Unlimited sounds like a thing that is cool. Does it work on Kindle Fire devices?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Marvel Unlimited is pretty great, yeah. I have no idea if it works on Kindle, though. Check the Amazon app store. If it's not there, you might be able to sideload it.

• Options
    Rans wrote: »
    Nova news

Yeah, I have Unlimited and I am so confused where to look at any given moment if I want to follow the more main line stuff in Marvel, i.e. Avengers or Xmen. So many Avengers books that restart every couple of years.

Avengers (1963-1996)
    Avengers (1998-2004)
    New Avengers (2005-2010)
    Avengers (2010-2012)
    Avengers (2012-2015)
    All-New All-Different Avengers (2015-present)

Uncanny X-Men (1963-2011)
    Uncanny X-Men (2011-2012)
    Uncanny X-Men (2013-2015)
    Extraordinary X-Men (2015-present)

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Didn't read Civil War II #3 but it was spoiled in the news because it's never done before stuff here lol not really, but this is the synopsis of the story outside of the big spoiled pages:

All the hero people are outside Bruce's hidden place, saying he's going to go crazy and kill people, but he hasn't been Hulk in a year. They just yell at him for something he didn't do, and Tony's there too trying to tell the guy who freaks out and turns green not to freak out and turn green. He hasn't been Hulk because he's been injecting himself with dead gamma cells. This is discovered by Beast who hacked Bruce's files, who then allows everyone to get indigent at Bruce for trying to cure the Hulk problem. This is the same Beast who screwed up the timeline and abducted kids and worked with the Illuminati but yeah whatever yo, cast your judgment because you're a tough guy.

Bruce yells about how he hasn't done anything wrong and then from a tree Hawkeye killed Bruce, and surrenders. But it's weird because the art looks like he shot Bruce in the head in most of them but some panels show he was hit in the side or the chest. Apparently Bruce gave Hawkeye a special Hulk-killer arrow tip a few months back and said to kill him if he ever turned into the Hulk again, because we're now with the idea this Hulk is Ultimate Hulk or something with regards to damaging anything in sight.

This is all going on in a flashback at a courthouse where Clint is on trial for murder and Matt Murdock's a prosecutor now? and Tony's mad at Carol for pushing this to happen by being Minority Report lady and the younger heroes seem to side with Tony but she keeps using Ulysses to stop things as seen in more flashbacks and tried to say the reason Bruce died was accountability (????) and how Bruce told Clint to kill him and that's what he did so no harm no foul. They don't reveal the verdict on Clint but I guess he'll be acquitted because he was being a hero, and then the reveal is Friday figured out Ulysses power but of course that's going to be shown next issue.

It's just all whatever at this point.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Didn't read Civil War II #3 but it was spoiled in the news because it's never done before stuff here lol not really, but this is the synopsis of the story outside of the big spoiled pages:

All the hero people are outside Bruce's hidden place, saying he's going to go crazy and kill people, but he hasn't been Hulk in a year. They just yell at him for something he didn't do, and Tony's there too trying to tell the guy who freaks out and turns green not to freak out and turn green. He hasn't been Hulk because he's been injecting himself with dead gamma cells. This is discovered by Beast who hacked Bruce's files, who then allows everyone to get indigent at Bruce for trying to cure the Hulk problem. This is the same Beast who screwed up the timeline and abducted kids and worked with the Illuminati but yeah whatever yo, cast your judgment because you're a tough guy.

Bruce yells about how he hasn't done anything wrong and then from a tree Hawkeye killed Bruce, and surrenders. But it's weird because the art looks like he shot Bruce in the head in most of them but some panels show he was hit in the side or the chest. Apparently Bruce gave Hawkeye a special Hulk-killer arrow tip a few months back and said to kill him if he ever turned into the Hulk again, because we're now with the idea this Hulk is Ultimate Hulk or something with regards to damaging anything in sight.

This is all going on in a flashback at a courthouse where Clint is on trial for murder and Matt Murdock's a prosecutor now? and Tony's mad at Carol for pushing this to happen by being Minority Report lady and the younger heroes seem to side with Tony but she keeps using Ulysses to stop things as seen in more flashbacks and tried to say the reason Bruce died was accountability (????) and how Bruce told Clint to kill him and that's what he did so no harm no foul. They don't reveal the verdict on Clint but I guess he'll be acquitted because he was being a hero, and then the reveal is Friday figured out Ulysses power but of course that's going to be shown next issue.

I think, at this point, comics have finally killed the concept of killing superheroes.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

I think, at this point, comics have finally killed the concept of killing superheroes.

It's been true for awhile that if you want your book to have any stakes, death does absolutely nothing. For example, Secret Wars, all of the universes died, but that wasn't the stakes. It had heft because how it was written. Whereas in Uncanny Avengers, the planet died, but no on cares because it's all retconned basically before that even happens.

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Fencingsax wrote: »

It's been true for awhile that if you want your book to have any stakes, death does absolutely nothing. For example, Secret Wars, all of the universes died, but that wasn't the stakes. It had heft because how it was written. Whereas in Uncanny Avengers, the planet died, but no on cares because it's all retconned basically before that even happens.

I think Bendis knows that comic book deaths aren't fooling anyone. The fact that [REDACTED] is dead (that is, the "what") isn't the point of the issue. The real headline is "Law Enforcement Superheroes Can't Agree on Whether Area Man is Armed; Kill Him Anyway" (that is, the "how" and the "why"). I've been enjoying this story so far. I think what we've seen of the event so far certainly a better read than Millar's Civil War ever was.

Sneaks on
  • Options
    Bobby DerieBobby Derie Registered User regular
    The first Civil Wars involved reducing genius-level characters to the intellectual and emotional maturity of grade-schoolers. This one at least aspires to mild teenage-level nerdrage over points hashed out in Phillip K. Dick novels. I don't consider it a vast improvement. At a time when Marvel has produced so many intriguing and interesting characters - new and old - the metaplot on their big event books is still a pile of warmed-over gamma-irradiated goat poo.

The Unpublishable - Original fiction blog, updates Fridays
    Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    The first Civil Wars involved reducing genius-level characters to the intellectual and emotional maturity of grade-schoolers. This one at least aspires to mild teenage-level nerdrage over points hashed out in Phillip K. Dick novels. I don't consider it a vast improvement. At a time when Marvel has produced so many intriguing and interesting characters - new and old - the metaplot on their big event books is still a pile of warmed-over gamma-irradiated goat poo.

Agreed. Events that boil down to 'people make bad collective decisions' don't spin out into good stories.

• Options
    I think - and this might get into the continuity thread again - the problem is that Infinity Gauntlet kind of set the limit for existential threats. I mean, when you basically start off the book wiping out about half of the universe - including a bunch of the heroes - and that's really just the warm up, it's hard to top. As evidenced by Infinity War and Infinity Crusade, which while entertaining never really hit the emotional heights (granted: this could be young me talking filled with nostalgia).

For a good meta-event, you need a threat that you can't just punch out - and not just because the threat is arbitrarily immune to punching. You need characters to have legitimate motivations and challenges. And preferably it should emerge naturally out of the characters and events of other books, rather than being arbitrary "We need a summer blockbuster event" that spills over into and disrupts other ongoing books. If nothing else, it's tapped me out as far as event fatigue.

Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I think - and this might get into the continuity thread again - the problem is that Infinity Gauntlet kind of set the limit for existential threats. I mean, when you basically start off the book wiping out about half of the universe - including a bunch of the heroes - and that's really just the warm up, it's hard to top. As evidenced by Infinity War and Infinity Crusade, which while entertaining never really hit the emotional heights (granted: this could be young me talking filled with nostalgia).

For a good meta-event, you need a threat that you can't just punch out - and not just because the threat is arbitrarily immune to punching. You need characters to have legitimate motivations and challenges. And preferably it should emerge naturally out of the characters and events of other books, rather than being arbitrary "We need a summer blockbuster event" that spills over into and disrupts other ongoing books. If nothing else, it's tapped me out as far as event fatigue.

And that was fulfilled (in my opinion of course) by Annihilation. Great story, lots of depth, the tie-ins mostly made sense. Even with all the cosmic stuff, there was always a pretty balanced sense of danger vs hope.
    *edit* To be clear, I completely agree with you.

lunchbox12682 on
  • Options
    I'll agree. I liked most of Annihilation. I think it was one of the better events of recent years. I could nitpick a few things, but I can nitpick anything. And it gave me my favorite Ronan the Accuser moment of all time.

Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Options
    Annihilation is an unsual event, because it's super self contained. All of the tie-ins are miniseries for characters that didn't even have ongoings at the time.

Conquest tied into the Nova ongoing, and by then Secret Wars started eating pages. By the time War of Kings rolled around there was a zillion one-shots and miniseries and tie-ins. Ironically, it eventually all collapsed in onto itself with Thanos Imperative. Didn't even have any tie-ins, just an 8 issue event series to conclude the ongoing saga.

• Options
    I wish they'd followed through on one of the major threads they'd set up during War of Kings/Realm of Kings, which was Darkhawk being upgraded to a cosmic hero in the same vein that Nova had during Annihilation. Darkhawk had discovered that his amulet was drawing on some unknown cosmic threat, possibly eldritch abominations from beyond the universe, and that other amulets were leaking into reality through the cracks that had been made as a result of Annihilus (the same breaches that eventually led to Realm of Kings/Thanos Imperative). These 'Raptors' framed Darkhawk and used him to kill Lilandra, which led to Gladiator becoming leader of the Shi'ar. There was this whole thing where Darkhawk was basically public enemy number 1 in the universe, with the Shi'ar Imperial Guard and other factions hunting him, more Raptors popping up everywhere (including a couple that infiltrated the Imperial Guard), no one believes him except for Nova (who goes missing)... it'd was the perfect set up for another cosmic series, with Darkhawk roaming around the universe trying to expose the Raptors while basically being the galaxy's most wanted fugitive, all the while trying to use his powers without whatever dark techno-lovecraftian entity is behind them getting the better of him.

And I'd have ate that shit up.

But it all petered out and Darkhawk just wound up mooching off back to Earth to dick around with those Avengers Academy spin-offs that killed fourteen-year-olds every other issue.

It's all still there though - at any time they could launch this thing. The big changes from War of Kings are still in place - Gladiator still leads the Imperial Guard, the raptors are still skulking around in the shadows. It's rich loam. I wish someone would try something with it.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    That was kind of bizarre from a continuity standpoint, but I only say that because I remember the issue dedicated to the origin of Darkhawk's amulet (and, of course, "Evilhawk" - no point for whomever was on name-duty that week).

Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Okay Marvel, that's actually a pretty good response to the criticisms you got about the changes with Iron Man.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    I don't understand the new Iron Man whining. We've had an African American Iron Man (Rhodey), we've had a female Iron Man (Pepper Potts), we've had a teen Iron Man (Teen Tony). So having a female teenage African-American isn't a stretch.

Sex & the Cthulhu Mythos
  • Options
    AH,
    Do you have a link? I'm only seeing the older news stories.

• Options
    I don't understand the new Iron Man whining. We've had an African American Iron Man (Rhodey), we've had a female Iron Man (Pepper Potts), we've had a teen Iron Man (Teen Tony). So having a female teenage African-American isn't a stretch.

It's too much, the traditionalists say. They won't have any white men left headlining books at this rate!

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular

It's too much, the traditionalists say. They won't have any white men left headlining books at this rate!

They still have Hydra Cap. That should be right up their alley. Or is it just too on the nose?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

They still have Hydra Cap. That should be right up their alley. Or is it just too on the nose?

...You can see why that's a problem, can't you?

Replacing heroes people already liked with new ones is already a bit of a thing. It can be a thing worth doing, to be clear, but it does lead to some resentment even aside from racial issues. (I mean, remember how pissed people got about Kyle Rayner?)

Then Marvel keeps doing it. Which again, can be worth doing, but it's easy to feel targeted with that kind of thing. It can be irrational, usually is, but "I like characters who are like me. There used to be many characters who are like me. Now there are fewer characters who are like me. Soon, there will be no characters like me?" is a chain of thought you want to head off at the pass, not encourage.

And the Cap thing definitely encouraged it. You have a character who, thanks to your movies being excellent and DC being idiots, had taken the role of The Iconic Hero. The guy whose moral compass points true north. And now you had a bunch of eyes on his new series, which people had been looking forward to since, well, we've only had about two years of Rogers as Cap in the last decade, and most of that was in dimension X. You pitch it as a rip-roaring adventure, a counterpart to the more political Sam-Cap stories, and people are interested.

Then it turns out he's Hydra, and some of the same people feel like the fact they like Cap Classic is being attacked, basically using it as an excuse to call them Trump supporters. It's not the kind of thing to make them charitably inclined towards your future decisions.

As for Iron Man, I have... okay, I have many issues with this, but only three hit the highlight reel.

1) I'm not a big Bendis guy. Just the opposite, in fact. It's personal taste, but it is what it is. His writing doesn't do it for me.
    2) It's spinning out of Civil War II. Civil War II licks goats.
    3) This one's a big one, and it's part of why Rhodey and Pepper and Sam and Jane (and Bucky and Wally) work for me, and Teen Tony and Riri don't. She hasn't paid her dues. Rhodey and Pepper and Sam were all long time supporting characters. They were built up to be suitable for the position and to give the reader an idea why they'd be interesting in the role. It wasn't "We're getting rid of a beloved character!", it was "We're moving another beloved character into the spotlight." Here, it's "Look! New character is EVEN BETTER than the one you actually like! Like New Character instead!" Which, again, doesn't do it for me.

So, yeah. My thoughts on the matter.

• Options
    The past dues thing is big here, and everything I've seen about Riri Williams's's announcement is people just being tired of the new character gimmick, on top of her not looking like a 15 year old. You need some existing heroes around to make it work with their introductions, this is why Jaime worked so well as a new Blue Beetle, him being with the bwa-ha-ha gang.

And that's something that's getting played out too, the young teen hero. Nothing wrong with a Rhodey or John Walker or Eric Masterson popping up. But Nova, X-23, Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Miles, teen X-Men, Daredevil is training a teen right?, this time traveling Captain America who is Jessica and Luke's daughter on top of Wiccan and Hulkling and Power Fist, Ghost Rider, let's dial it back a bit.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Last I heard, Daredevil's trainee was an adult. (A scientist who makes a cloaking suit)

And I'm positive the Danielle Cage Captain America is an adult too.

Wiccan, Hulking and Robbie Reyes are in their 20's I'm pretty sure.

Also I find it laughable that the idea is "played out" given there's still a zillion adult heroes around.

Undead Scottsman on