As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]: The portal's always greener on the fel side.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    So it looks like they removed the water from Black Morass? I figure it's a bug since it's an odd thing to remove so long after it was put in.

I noticed this too.

Probably too many gnome and goblin deaths.

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I enjoy PVP servers because you never know when guild vs guild strife wars will begin.

Of course there are a few times where an a hole camps your body when you're trying to quest, but that's few and far between.

PVP servers are also the most populated servers available so world PVP might happen anywhere, adding some interesting moments when leveling.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    So the new Titanforging system is pretty nuts in HFC.

I got an item level 745 shield from Mythic Hellfire Assault. It's base item level is 720.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Got a rogue that I've been leveling on and off for a bit, mid 90's but since the patch assassination seems pretty boring. How's outlaw for general questing, seems like a bunch of fun abilities.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How much is it to move 6-7 characters?

$60 each so $360 to $420

Character transfers are 25. Boosts are 60

Way back when I thought about leaving Windrunner I added it up but I see they lowered a bunch of the services since then
    I don't go to the site that often because I really found it unhelpful since Cata

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    How much is it to move 6-7 characters?

$60 each so $360 to $420

Character transfers are 25. Boosts are 60

Way back when I thought about leaving Windrunner I added it up but I see they lowered a bunch of the services since then
    I don't go to the site that often because I really found it unhelpful since Cata

transfers have always been $25, you might be thinking of faction transfers.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @38thDoe there's a cross realm add-on (cross realm helper?). That will probably help you find a middle ground. Keep hopping servers while you play until you've found a PvE, or low pop PvP.

I ended up biting the bullet back in MoP and slowly moved chars over the course of a year. It was more expensive for me because I was using guilds and gbanks to move large sums of gold. Looking back, it was a worthwhile investment.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I can't see myself spending $60 on leveling a char to 100. That's basically paying for the game again.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    $60 is just way too much. I have pretty much all the classes i want at a high level now anyway. Only reason to level any more is for a different server or faction. If they ever had a 50-60% off sale on boosting im pretty sure they would make a killing on it.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have killed Imp-Master Valessa several times for the toy yet she doesn't have loot for me at all
    A few of those times it was just me attacking and killing her
    I have nothing in the mailbox either so I don't get it

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    @38thDoe there's a cross realm add-on (cross realm helper?). That will probably help you find a middle ground. Keep hopping servers while you play until you've found a PvE, or low pop PvP.

I ended up biting the bullet back in MoP and slowly moved chars over the course of a year. It was more expensive for me because I was using guilds and gbanks to move large sums of gold. Looking back, it was a worthwhile investment.

They actually sort of broke cross realm assist with 7.0, it now can only move you if there's someone in the group/raid you join in the same zone as you, otherwise it doesn't move you to a different realm.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

They actually sort of broke cross realm assist with 7.0, it now can only move you if there's someone in the group/raid you join in the same zone as you, otherwise it doesn't move you to a different realm.

I wonder if that was intentional?

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Finally decided to check this patch out.

OH MY GOD WINDFURY TOTEM.

pvp only.

Blizzard plz

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    I'm definitely still adjusting to the changes to the mage's arcane spec. I haven't really done any current content with it, but I've actually died a few times in old Cataclysm raids, which was a surprise. One of the bosses in the Tol Barad raid beat the crap out of me a few times because of her impale ability, and I died in the Dragon Soul airship encounter when the airship got blown up.

SteevL wrote: »

Probably, yes. Farming rares without ever actually interacting is hardly likely to be their design goal for cross realm. It was only ever meant to enable people from different realms to group for content, which implies being in the same zone.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Got a rogue that I've been leveling on and off for a bit, mid 90's but since the patch assassination seems pretty boring. How's outlaw for general questing, seems like a bunch of fun abilities.

The 50% increased damage in stealth snapshots Rupture.

That alone should make leveling assassination hilarious. Stealth, rupture, hemo, let it die.

• WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Kai_San wrote: »

That alone should make leveling assassination hilarious. Stealth, rupture, hemo, let it die.

Is Hemo really the way to go for assassination? Still struggling on figuring out whether im going to keep my Retadin as my main or go back to my roots and switch back to Rogue. Played around quite a bit with assassination but always skipped over the hemo talent.

(I have been taking the master poisoner talent )

Wavechaser on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

When you could be teleporting all over the place or shooting things in the face with a pistol, that sounds like a boring alternative.

• WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

When you could be teleporting all over the place or shooting things in the face with a pistol, that sounds like a boring alternative.

I love everything about Outlaw except the finisher Roll them Bones or whatever its called. Not a huge fan.

Dhalphir wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

Probably, yes. Farming rares without ever actually interacting is hardly likely to be their design goal for cross realm. It was only ever meant to enable people from different realms to group for content, which implies being in the same zone.

Yeah, I definitely understand why they did it. Glad I took a great amount of advantage in farming rares while it still worked, though. People opening their garrisons was pretty handy!

Wavechaser wrote: »

Is Hemo really the way to go for assassination? Still struggling on figuring out whether im going to keep my Retadin as my main or go back to my roots and switch back to Rogue. Played around quite a bit with assassination but always skipped over the hemo talent.

(I have been taking the master poisoner talent )

Master poisoner is pretty terribad unless you somehow have this massive amount of mastery (which is also kind of bad unfortunately).

Yes hemo is the way to go. Ruptures in normal dps (not leveling) are easily going to make up about 50% of your dps and garrote likely anothe 15% or more. That means hemo is likely close to a flat 20% damage increase overall.

I would only consider master poisoner for pvp and maybe if you wanted to push for agonizing poison (which isn't that bad especially when the artifact comes into play, but is considered worse right now).

As for outlaw being "funner" of course your idea of fun is subjective. A lot of people (myself included till I watched some vids) don't understand the new assassination. Once it clicks it can be way more entertaining. You do need to have some tolerance for tab targeting debuffs around. Also, you either are only shooting things in the face with a pistol ocassionally or are willing to do garbage damage with it most of the time, as its a pretty lackluster skill unless you proc it. I do enjoy outlaw, but something about having so much power and control with bleeds and not even needing to actually be on the guy you put them on is huge.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    assassination's fun factor feels too contingent on the spec being strong. i'd play fury warrior even if it sucked. the assassination thing only seems satisfying because you can win so hard with it

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    wow i have no idea how to play Outlaw. I feel like I have a thousand finishers. pew pew !

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Assassination starts to be better at 110 once your secondary stats aren't horrible anymore.

Walt wrote: »
    assassination's fun factor feels too contingent on the spec being strong. i'd play fury warrior even if it sucked. the assassination thing only seems satisfying because you can win so hard with it

It has nothing to do with that. It is about control. You can dial up your damage in increments to make it even, or you can really unload a fuckton of damage in a short time but with some cooldowns.

That is what makes it entertaining to me at least. There is a lot of shit you can line up and when you do it is absurd how much damage you do. On the flip side, Outlaw can get a 6 buff but you have no control over when that happens.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Is discipline or holy better for healing?

having a ton of trouble doing proving grounds silver with holy.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular

This no longer works, one of the few times Blizzard deliberately broke an addon. You can only phase into a server when you are in the same zone as the group leader.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Holy is more straightforward, Disc is more weird.

Holy may be built around the artifact passive which
    summons a ghost Christmas tree that duplicates all the spells you cast, though.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I really struggled in timewalking as disc; if the tank was taking more damage than I could sustain with my regular penance/smite/dot dps, it didn't feel like there was really any way to catch up.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Don't forget about Shadow Mend. Sure, it's got a downside, but you can play around it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Shadow mend is your burst heal. The damage it does is negated if they are under heavy fire anyway.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Holy is more straightforward, Disc is more weird.

Holy may be built around the artifact passive which
    summons a ghost Christmas tree that duplicates all the spells you cast, though.

Eh, I hardly notice that passive. You have next to no control over it because it's only a random chance as opposed to consistent, and the duplicate spells are much worse than the ones you cast.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    On my alt Rogue I just took Slice and Dice instead of using Roll the Bones since Roll the Bones is too random for my tastes and since I'm not going to be raiding with her ever it doesn't matter in the end.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    in the interest of nostalgia and knocking out a couple of my remaining loremaster zones I've been leveling a hunter from the start, which is something I haven't done since... cataclysm, I think?

ye gods leveling sucks

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Levelling is blindingly easy. Especially if you chain dungeons.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    There is no current way to level from scratch that isnt soulcrushingly boring. Also, every time they reinvent the game again, old content gets screwed up. Whether by numbers or giving specs key abilities 50 levels after they are needed, everything below level cap is always supremely screwed up.

edited July 2016
    This addon looks pretty handy for hunting down transmogs en masse

http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/monars-wardrobehelper/929351
    This is simple addon, mainly for my own usage, which lists missing transmogs by instance and difficulty.

Dhalphir on
    The new personal loot is AMAZING.

We did a 25man Heroic HFC clear before our Mythic last night, to let everyone bring in their Legion mains if they were undergeared, get some gear.

No joke, we were getting 7-8 pieces of gear per boss, plus bonus roll loot, and all of it could be redistributed as and where necessary whenever it wasn't an upgrade for the person who got it. It was amazing.

We will never go to back to Master Loot.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I keep seeing people level up characters from 1-100 in 5 hours using Heirlooms, elixir of ancient knowledge, Recruit a Friend, and at least a level 100 running them through the dungeons or raids over and over. One video I saw two guys didn't even have the 100 running with them and one dungeon they were leveling so fast that they didn't even have a healer because they would go full health in a few minutes. Most people reach level 90 in and hour and half to two hours then grind the slow fest that is WoD the rest of the way.

Dhalphir wrote: »
    This addon looks pretty handy for hunting down transmogs en masse

http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/monars-wardrobehelper/929351
    This is simple addon, mainly for my own usage, which lists missing transmogs by instance and difficulty.

Thanks, I downloaded it just now. It's pretty barebones, but it's easier than opening up the dungeon guide and hovering over each piece of loot to see if I have it or not.

This discussion has been closed.