As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW]: The portal's always greener on the fel side.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    This addon looks pretty handy for hunting down transmogs en masse

http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/monars-wardrobehelper/929351
    This is simple addon, mainly for my own usage, which lists missing transmogs by instance and difficulty.

This is exactly what I was asking for the other day.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    So not only did they shoot the rewards for pet battles in draenor in the foot they went and nerfed the menagerie to be account wide.

I get it they don't want us to go back to draenor ever blah blah blah but come on.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    So not only did they shoot the rewards for pet battles in draenor in the foot they went and nerfed the menagerie to be account wide.

I get it they don't want us to go back to draenor ever blah blah blah but come on.

I haven't been around for any pre expansion patches but it just seems weird to me that they don't want us to spend any time in draenor before they have given us anything else to do.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    38thDoe wrote: »

I haven't been around for any pre expansion patches but it just seems weird to me that they don't want us to spend any time in draenor before they have given us anything else to do.

Well, you can suicide your char over and over again for an archievement.
    gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    in the interest of nostalgia and knocking out a couple of my remaining loremaster zones I've been leveling a hunter from the start, which is something I haven't done since... cataclysm, I think?

ye gods leveling sucks

Some dungeons they redid are great at low levels, some of them are still god awful

Maraudon continues to be horrible for example

Also I'm up to 30s on my paladin that I'm leveling. That seems to be when the trolls start to appear for some reason. Sigh. People are absolutely unforgiving of anyone who doesn't have the dungeon memorized and go at a breakneck pace. I'm healing in these dungeons and don't even have time to loot anything. If you admit you aren't familiar with the dungeon you get nothing but derision. Sheesh.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    It's part of why i'm so livid about the whole thing.

I get it they want to forget WoD was a thing and wants everyone else to forget it and move on but they should wait until we have actual things to do before they start cutting content from the already absurdly bored masses

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    in the interest of nostalgia and knocking out a couple of my remaining loremaster zones I've been leveling a hunter from the start, which is something I haven't done since... cataclysm, I think?

ye gods leveling sucks

Some dungeons they redid are great at low levels, some of them are still god awful

Maraudon continues to be horrible for example

Also I'm up to 30s on my paladin that I'm leveling. That seems to be when the trolls start to appear for some reason. Sigh. People are absolutely unforgiving of anyone who doesn't have the dungeon memorized and go at a breakneck pace. I'm healing in these dungeons and don't even have time to loot anything. If you admit you aren't familiar with the dungeon you get nothing but derision. Sheesh.

I am levelling a warrior (so if anyone wants to queue with a tank hordeside let me know) and I hit 22 last night. It gave me RFC, WC, and SFK in that order which took me from 15 to 22. All 3 of those are super great now. Mostly WC is much more approachable, but RFC is VERY straightforward now. SFK is cleaner though with the whole rushing thing, it is kind of annoying waiting for the quest guy to allow you to turn in and get the next part.

I know Mara wasn't even really changed that much but that dungeon will always suck. Other than that I think they are all pretty solid.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Mara was an enormous dungeon in vanilla. It was a lot like BRD. The way they chopped it up now just seems weird. Like the dungeon is over when there is very clearly a way to keep going forward. It was supposed to be a long experience that had tons of quests tied into it and bosses to fight. I was a little sick of it after helping so many people farm NR gear, but it really wasn't too bad in its entirety. I will say that it by far has/had the worst graveyard run of any dungeon. Most people just do not know how to get back in.

Enigmedic on
  • Options
    The part that was bad was getting in. I HATED that entrance cave. In fact most of the time in Vanilla I only ever did the princess run which everyone knew how to get to that entrance.

It was split based on the entrances available though. You could keep going in it, but most people picked one and entered there. Princess was the only really decent loot so they started at that one.

It was also the first dungeon created post release. I cant remember if it was like literally after beta, or the first patch, but I know it was considered the first new dungeon to fill in a hole in that level range. Then DM came out and was a much more organized way of handling the large sprawling dungeon.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    It's part of why i'm so livid about the whole thing.

I get it they want to forget WoD was a thing and wants everyone else to forget it and move on but they should wait until we have actual things to do before they start cutting content from the already absurdly bored masses

Did they at least make the menagerie battles give proper experience now? The main reason they didn't before was because it was per-character so if they made them account wide but didn't up the experience then that's a dick move.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    The part that was bad was getting in. I HATED that entrance cave. In fact most of the time in Vanilla I only ever did the princess run which everyone knew how to get to that entrance.

It was split based on the entrances available though. You could keep going in it, but most people picked one and entered there. Princess was the only really decent loot so they started at that one.

It was also the first dungeon created post release. I cant remember if it was like literally after beta, or the first patch, but I know it was considered the first new dungeon to fill in a hole in that level range. Then DM came out and was a much more organized way of handling the large sprawling dungeon.

Yeah, Maraudon came out in December 2004. I remember it being a pain to construct my Scepter of Celebras or whatever it was to get you much closer to the Princess...or rather, finding a group willing to do it with me.

I never did play much of Dire Maul when it came out. Most of the groups I played with just couldn't handle it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Levelling is blindingly easy. Especially if you chain dungeons.

That's boring to do after a time as do you really want to see the same dungeon over and over
    Leveling is easy but when you run into the same thing 3+ times and there is no way around it {WOD leveling} it's unfun WOd also punishes you for power leveling

• Options
    PineappleLovePineappleLove Registered User regular
    Hey guys,

So.. I know they dumbed things down quite a bit but when it comes to MM hunter how do I maximize my DPS and what should I be opening with?

Looks like sidewinder is best 100 talent to take.. I feel like it goes like this

1.) Sidewinder, place 5s vulnerability debuff on target, use aimed shot twice (Can only use it twice during the time frame)
    2.) Pop 2nd sidewinder and your marked shot should be procced - Before using marked shot, fire 2 aimed shots again than marked shot

That's about it right? Maybe fire a black arrow if you took that talent

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I haven't played this since Cata but I'm curious to see how things have changed. Is there any kind of like "return for X days!" promotion going on or expected to soon?

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I love chain dungeon leveling. Usually my boyfriend and I pair up with either a tank or healer between us or both.

Both is fun. Because nobody kicks the tank when he and the healer are from the same guild when they don't skip bosses.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    I haven't played this since Cata but I'm curious to see how things have changed. Is there any kind of like "return for X days!" promotion going on or expected to soon?

No, but you do get all current expansions except Legion automatically on your account, so all you would need would be one month's sub.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I remember running a lot of Dire Maul, all the tanks wanted that book for the epic tank sword.

• Options
    I get a lot of people mad at my tanks for not taking jumping shortcuts in Gnomeregan.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I get a lot of people mad at my tanks for not taking jumping shortcuts in Gnomeregan.

That's a weird hill to make your final stand on.

Trash in dungeons is not a significant source of experience, and it's not like you're missing out on some aesthetically amazing scenery, you're just cutting dead time out of an instance run that wasn't even particularly interesting when it with current content.

• Options
    WiddershinzWiddershinz Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »

Just contact support and say you remember there was a 7 day game time promotion to do with the new expansion but you're having trouble finding it. They'll credit you 7 days when they close the ticket, takes less than a day. I hadn't played since Wrath and did the same thing a few days ago.

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

Thank you!! Says the healer who has forgotten all the old dungeons.

I still think Gnomeregan has a bad design overall tho.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Dhalphir wrote: »

That's a weird hill to make your final stand on.

Trash in dungeons is not a significant source of experience, and it's not like you're missing out on some aesthetically amazing scenery, you're just cutting dead time out of an instance run that wasn't even particularly interesting when it with current content.

It skips two bosses. I'll skip trash. I don't skip bosses.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Oh, people are skipping the bosses and jumping down right at the start? Yeah that's weird for sure.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Well doing the tunnel trogg event thing takes forever. Im fairly sure skipping that boss is better for the exp gain.

• Options
    I love chain dungeon leveling. Usually my boyfriend and I pair up with either a tank or healer between us or both.

Both is fun. Because nobody kicks the tank when he and the healer are from the same guild when they don't skip bosses.

Chain dungeoning is the best. I just never could find anyone to do it with (no one I know irl plays anymore, the glory days of WOTLK when I had tons of friends playing are gone)

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I lucked out about a year and a half ago and stumbled into a group with a tank and healer couple who were chaining dungeons together. After we completed the dungeon, I asked if I could stick around with them, and they obliged. It was pretty nice. I think I got tired out after about 10 of them. It was mostly the two Razorfen instances.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    To be fair, IIRC the dungeon quest chain in Gnomer has you drop down immediately, so I'd guess if you were dealing with people who didn't remember original Gnomer (or just didn't care) that'd explain it.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Gotta say, I am really digging the 12 honor tokens = full PVP transmog set change. It's like they finally get why I play!

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Hey guys,

So.. I know they dumbed things down quite a bit but when it comes to MM hunter how do I maximize my DPS and what should I be opening with?

Looks like sidewinder is best 100 talent to take.. I feel like it goes like this

1.) Sidewinder, place 5s vulnerability debuff on target, use aimed shot twice (Can only use it twice during the time frame)
    2.) Pop 2nd sidewinder and your marked shot should be procced - Before using marked shot, fire 2 aimed shots again than marked shot

That's about it right? Maybe fire a black arrow if you took that talent

Honestly, check Icy Veins and go from there. The site has done a good job, recently, grabbing respected players/theorycrafters for the Legion guides. [cue flames]

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, Icy-Veins is pretty good. You might not agree with all their choices, but they do put up some reasoning and they keep the site fairly up to date. My frost mage felt pretty lackluster so I made some changes and put up quite a bit better dps after going through their list of talents and such.

Nosf on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Yeah I had a similar problem with Ret and Fire.

Last night in a time walking dungeon I watched a bear tank die 5 times before clearing the first set of champions in Slave Pens since he just kept getting shredded.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Ugh I just realized.

I'm not going to be able to use a fist weapon on my Enh shaman main come Legion anymore, because its not a fist type and Bliz didn't lift those restrictions I guess because of course they didn't.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what to main come legion. Everything looks fun. Choices I'm considering:
    Alliance Druid on Draenor: primarily resto spec, probably balance as well
    Alliance Warlock on Draenor: loving demo spec, but not sure about playing pure dps again
    Horde DK on Zul'Jin: Frost and Unholy are supposed to be really good. Not sure about Blood though...

Advice?

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Ugh I just realized.

I'm not going to be able to use a fist weapon on my Enh shaman main come Legion anymore, because its not a fist type and Bliz didn't lift those restrictions I guess because of course they didn't.

I have never played a Shaman and so I used my level 100 boost to jump a Shaman to max. I was really digging Enchantment shaman and thought I might make that my main, until I noticed 2 of the abilities at least must have an offhand weapon and I wanted to do 2handers. I don't really like dual wielding, and I just think I look way better using 2 handers. That sort of stole the wind from my sails as far as playing a Shaman.
    On the other hand, I also haven't played much Hunter and I'm really digging Survivalist Hunter, which IS letting me use 2 handers (so far).

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Ugh I just realized.

I have never played a Shaman and so I used my level 100 boost to jump a Shaman to max. I was really digging Enchantment shaman and thought I might make that my main, until I noticed 2 of the abilities at least must have an offhand weapon and I wanted to do 2handers. I don't really like dual wielding, and I just think I look way better using 2 handers. That sort of stole the wind from my sails as far as playing a Shaman.
    On the other hand, I also haven't played much Hunter and I'm really digging Survivalist Hunter, which IS letting me use 2 handers (so far).

Yeah Shamans have always been Dual Wield (Enhancement) or One Hand/Shield (Elemental, Restoration). Don't see that changing ever.

Survival is a 2hander spec though, so you're good to go there!

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Ugh I just realized.

Yeah Shamans have always been Dual Wield (Enhancement) or One Hand/Shield (Elemental, Restoration). Don't see that changing ever.

Shows how little I knew about Shamans =).
    I pictured them carrying around a big ole hammer. Maybe dual will grow on me. My plan is still to make a DH at start so maybe I'll fall in love with that and not have to make all these difficult choices!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Ugh I just realized.

Shows how little I knew about Shamans =).
    I pictured them carrying around a big ole hammer. Maybe dual will grow on me. My plan is still to make a DH at start so maybe I'll fall in love with that and not have to make all these difficult choices!

Technically for awhile Enhancement could use a two hander, it was just far less damage than dual wielding and never really viable outside of goofing around on your own.

I love 7.0 Enhancement though, that spec feels real good and they absolutely nailed the class fantasy aspect of it.

• Options
    Ha, oh man. I started wondering if it was just the Hunter forum crying about changes to the class, and literally every class forum is like 50% threads complaining that SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT. Although it seems like only the Hunter forum started a freaking hashtag on twitter to kvetch at Blizzard for daring to rework the class.

This is why no one takes the official forums seriously :D

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    The only complaint I think I'd have is more of a concern...that designing classes around artifacts might be a mistake and this dicking around with flying, something that makes WoW unique should not be hidden away until you've pretty much done everything. Otherwise I've been pretty happy with the changes across the board. I haven't played demon hunters yet so can't rule out a class based complaint rising though.

• Options
    The only complaint I think I'd have is more of a concern...that designing classes around artifacts might be a mistake and this dicking around with flying, something that makes WoW unique should not be hidden away until you've pretty much done everything. Otherwise I've been pretty happy with the changes across the board. I haven't played demon hunters yet so can't rule out a class based complaint rising though.

I think designing around Artifacts was fine, but a power limited version of the Artifacts (like with the main first trait unlocked) should have been obtainable this patch.

Agreed about flying though, the way they made you wait a year and then do a bunch of dailies to get Draenor flying was real obnoxious.

This discussion has been closed.