As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Final Fantasy 11! Wings of the Goddess annoncenced!

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I plan on coming back to FFXI in a week or two when the collection comes out. Right now my character is on Remora and to be honest I know nobody on that server. is there a place that all of the PA people are going to gather on? I was planning on paying the $25 and getting a world transfer anyway so there will be a pretty decent WHM20/RDM10 to call upon at any time.

Personally I think that all of PA should gather in one place unless you have IRL friends still playing on your server.

Artoria on
  • Options
    scygenscygen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Varega wrote: »
    Well, I'm on Asura, but I never heard what had happened to the LS that was going to be made. Though, Asura does seem to have a good population.

Well I created a Linkshell on Asura. It's called Eternal Serenity. We have somewhat of a movement occuring over at some different forum of new or returning players. The highest level char in the ls so far is a 38 whm, but he re-subed to play in my static. We have some 12 people right now,all in the level 1-20 range but the interest level is increasing.

We plan to run BCNM's, missions, nm's when we reach the appropriate level. Right now all are welcome to join. Asura is 1 of the 3 largest servers in ffxi, and seems to have a solid economy. I've brought this up now twice so I won't spam this anymore if any are interested give me a msg either in game(by the same nickname) or here.

scygen on
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    dragonsama wrote: »
    Personally I think that all of PA should gather in one place unless you have IRL friends still playing on your server.
    I don't have any real life friends that play. But I have a ton of online friends who do. Should I abandon them because I can't meet them down the street for coffee?

Murphy on
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Murphy wrote: »
    dragonsama wrote: »
    I don't have any real life friends that play. But I have a ton of online friends who do. Should I abandon them because I can't meet them down the street for coffee?

No it’s really a matter of choice. I’m pretty sure there are a lot of players on these boards whose friends have quit or their groups are no longer going. Because of that then those players from here who are in that situation might be better off/have more fun if they all gather together in one place.

I’m not saying that you have to it’s only an idea I’m throwing out there.

Artoria on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well, that's totally different from what you said in the post I quoted.

And all of that said, I'm not so sure about my LS at this point. The one person who was kind of reliable has decided to have an e-relationship with this chick in the LS, and now he's completely useless. That's not to disparage all internet relationships, just this one.

Murphy on
  • Options
    XaboraXabora Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    I'm on Remora, with no idea what the other chaps are on.

Annddd I'm done with it...

Pain on my eyes at 640x480. :(

Xabora on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Xabora wrote: »

Then raise the resolution. O_o

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    XhaztolXhaztol Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Definitely pump that up. I'm running it at 2048x2048 (hax0r registry) and it's wonderful.

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Options
    DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gotta love the configuration tool...seeing as thats what its there for.....to configure the game.....

So I see there's a tool out there that'll let you run FFXI in windowed mode. Think Square would mind terribly if I did?

Edit: Ah yep, I see that its not allowed because it detracts from the intended gameplay experience. Bummer.

Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    GrinninBarrettGrinninBarrett Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Delias wrote: »
    Gotta love the configuration tool...seeing as thats what its there for.....to configure the game.....

So I see there's a tool out there that'll let you run FFXI in windowed mode. Think Square would mind terribly if I did?

Edit: Ah yep, I see that its not allowed because it detracts from the intended gameplay experience. Bummer.

Protip: The majority of PC users are running with the FFXI Windower, compliance with the terms of agreement or no.

http://www.windower.net/wiki/windower/latest

Go download it, the game is much more enjoyable when you can alt+tab to look up information, and the plugins/addons that come with the windower are fantastic. Yes, technically you are in danger of getting suspended or banned for using a 3rd party program buuuuut I (and a huge community of PC players) have been rolling with the windower for over a year now; I have a feeling SE turns a blind eye to the program (if they can even detect it at all).

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    claxtonclaxton ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    if anyone wants a lvl 68 warrior on the quetzalcoatl server let me know. I'll let it go if you buy me a time code for eve-online.

claxton on
    Its not enough to win. You want nothing left of your enemy but a skull nailed to a fence post so everybody understands the cost of crossing you. -Durga
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    BANG! Got to 30 at 4 PM today, and decided to go for my SMN.
    I get home from work, and I ask a friend in my LS. He's like 'Oh Yea, I have THF to 75. You want some help?' And while this is going on, someone else offers help. Both 75 THFs. We head to Buburimu for the leeches, and on our 18th leech a ruby drops. Quickest farming ever.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Careful not to delevel, if you get any sort of party invite take it and secure 31.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    To be fair, you only needed the one thief, as SE has explained with regard to Treasure Hunter. But it's still cool to have more help.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Murphy wrote: »
    To be fair, you only needed the one thief, as SE has explained with regard to Treasure Hunter. But it's still cool to have more help.

Yea we know, but it actually helped just kill more of the leeches since there is 2 beaches. And I have quite a bit of buffer XP in case I die, so I should be golden.

Varega on
  • Options
    Evil_PigEvil_Pig Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So having a second thief would not have helped his drop more than having a dragoon instead of that second thief?

Good to know.

So... How hard IS that NM for my lvl 60 RDM hat?

Thoes NMs, I should say

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Evil_Pig wrote: »
    So having a second thief would not have helped his drop more than having a dragoon instead of that second thief?

Good to know.

So... How hard IS that NM for my lvl 60 RDM hat?

Thoes NMs, I should say

The Hat? Get a group.

Transporter on
  • Options
    ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Unless you're talking pretty damn talented high levels you honestly might need more than just a group.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well so far I got a garanteed lvl 75 RDM, two lvl 60 RDMs, a lvl 50 RDM, a lvl 65 DRG, a lvl 60 DRG, a lvl 65 Thief, a lvl 70 thief, a lvl 75 Ninja, a lvl 75 Monk, a lvl 75 Samurai, a lvl 60 Samurai, a lvl 55 Paladin

Would that be enough?

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That's enough.

I did it in group of four. Piece of cake.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    With the expansion coming out in a week (yesssss) I was hoping we could get a new thread started. So, I hunted through this whole thread and tracked everyone down for a more up-to-date list of PA players:

Asura
    Skullie - Skullie
    SkannerJAT - Ramiah
    SNES - Arkm
    Bama - Dael
    Grundlestiltskin - Treva
    Kyanilis - Kyanilis
    Varega - Varega
    scygen - Scygen(?)

Bahamut
    Ultravisitor - Dose
    Arcibi - Arcibi

Carbuncle
    The Dude With Herpes - Kingshand
    Just_Bri_Thanks - Bri
    Xhero - Ormi

Kujata
    Murphy - Murphie

Lakshmi
    EricKei - Erickei (Hiatus)

Pandemonium
    seabass - Bassiwassi

Phoenix
    Evil_Pig - Karli
    GrinninBarrett - Ishmael

Quetzalcoatl
    neville - Neville

Ragnarok
    UltraMantisBlack - Ultramantis

Remora
    Tcheldor - Tortalius
    Freebytes - Freebytes
    Xhaztol - Xhaztol

Hopefully this will stop all the "where's the PA server?" questions from inquiring new FFXI players. It'd be nice to put some links to some of the more useful sites like www.ffxiah.com, wiki.bluegartrls.com, wiki.ffxiclopedia.org, and ffxi.somepage.com; there's been talk of making a new OP before, but I'd be happy to throw one together in a week.

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Asura
    Al Baron - Ryukage
    I haven't been playing ever since May, when that Buddy Pass Murphy gave me ran out.

Actually considered getting the '07 collection for a bit, but decided against it due to not having a lot of stable uninterrupted blocks of computer time.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You have me listed as being on both Valefor and Kujata. I'm only on the latter now.

Murphy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ok, edited my post to fix both those problems.

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm on Carbuncle as Ormi.

Xhero on
  • Options
    XhaztolXhaztol Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    On Remora as Xhaztol

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Options
    EricKeiEricKei Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Update for Lakshmi ^_^

- Mrcheesypants (the OP) retired a few months ago, I'm afraid.

- I retired (again) last month, I am considering returning early next year if the expansion is as good as I hope it is. Right now, I simply do not have enough free time to play it that would justify the fee (as in, 6-10 hours a month spread out over 4 days). A friend plans to join the madness, so if he does, I'll be coming back, tho probably to a different server (he has a group of other friends in-game already) so I can get him a Gold World Pass. Consider me "on hiatus".

EricKei on
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could hardly succeed." ~ Mark Twain
    Goozex referral pimp sig, click Spoiler to see it.
    EricKei.png
  • Options
    scygenscygen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    With the expansion coming out in a week (yesssss) I was hoping we could get a new thread started. So, I hunted through this whole thread and tracked everyone down for a more up-to-date list of PA players:

Asura

i am on Asura

scygen on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Asura - Varega
    Just waiting to start my SMN job, just need fire and lightning

Varega on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    o_O has the thread title always said "annoncenced"?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited November 2007
    scygen wrote:
    i am on Asura

Same name as your forum name?
    EricKei wrote:
    Mrcheesypants (the OP) retired a few months ago, I'm afraid.

Mmkay, I'll throw a new OP together on the 21st if no one has any objections; and I can't believe I didn't notice "annoncenced" all this time D: List a few posts back has been updated as well.

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    o_O has the thread title always said "annoncenced"?
    Unfortunately.

Murphy on
  • Options
    XaboraXabora Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Definitely pump that up. I'm running it at 2048x2048 (hax0r registry) and it's wonderful.

*THUD*

I wish I knew that sooner. >_<

I'll grab another Trial at Gamestop next monday.

Just wondering where in the registry can I mod the res?
    Also, Widescreen action?

Xabora on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    If will do widescreen I believe, but you don't need to edit your registry specificly for it.

An explanation of the registry edits can be found here:

Clicky

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    When you edit your registry for a higher resolution you always want the two numbers to match up.

I know, I know, this flies in the face of every other game in history where you want a correct aspect ratio.

But for FFXI you don't, set it to like 1024x1024 or if you have a beefier machine 2048x2048 (which is the highest it supports). What you do is in the in-game menus (not the config tool, and not the reg edit), select the aspect ratio for whatever your monitor happens to be, either 16:9 or 16:10 depending.

The game will automatically adjust everything to be the proper size.

If you try to manually edit the aspect ratio in the registry, it's virtually impossible to get the "correct" dimensions in-game because there's no 1:1 aspect you can choose in the menu. Everything will always be too thin or too fat.

So do it right! :P

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Short Notice++

OK folks, I'm here at the Final Fantasy Fan Festival in Anaheim. I'm covering the event for Joystiq and Massively, and will be taking lots of pictures and sitting in on lots of panels discussions. I'm also going to be interviewing the FFXI dev team tomorrow at noon, so if you have things you wanna know, PM me and Ill try to get your deepest desires answered. Or something. :)

etoychest on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Will they be adding any more Summonable Avatars now or at a future date?

Varega on
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Another fanfest attender here. :3

Xhero on
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Xhero wrote: »
    Another fanfest attender here. :3

Just ordered room service for breakfast, and about had a heart attack at how expensive it is in this hotel. Anyway, cobbling together questions for the devs now.

etoychest on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    hmmm, I got a few.

Mostly probobly non-pertinent. Feel free to not ask them if you wish.

1. Is there anything they, the dev team, would change about the game if they could? Anything at all, possible or not. Anythign they would like to see happen with the game, whether they plan to actually implement it or not.

2. Do you plan on merging servers or forcing members to change servers to bring more density of population to each server.

EDIT: from my LS memebrs:

3. Third New Job from WoTG

4. Monk Changes.

5. Soloability of the Game at Large.

6. Economy changes planned?

Evil_Pig on
This discussion has been closed.