As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]: The portal's always greener on the fel side.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Strongly disagree with the flying: I completely agree with Blizzard in that walking makes you appreciate the world more. Also, flying killed world pvp. I'm pretty happy with it being available in the expansion 's twilight hours and being an account wide unlock though.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    World pvp died with the introduction of BG's and the rewards therein. And I personally find zones look far better from on high and am more motivated to spend time out in the world while flying.

Thankfully we'll actually be able to work towards it from the word go this time around though. Hopefully by next time it'll be back to the BC model.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm fine with flying being something you have to work to unlock. Just, you know, make that available right away, not a year down the road.

Also I wish they would stop gating things behind dailies, but that'll never happen.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I'm fine with flying being something you have to work to unlock. Just, you know, make that available right away, not a year down the road.

Also I wish they would stop gating things behind dailies, but that'll never happen.

At least this time around we know which achievements we need to work on to be ready when they unlock it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    Sure world pvp of the south shore v Tauren mill died with BGs, but the small scale skirmishes while leveling and during max level dailies are still alive and well and one of my favorite parts of WoW. Flying kills that by letting max level players choose when they pvp, usually allowing them to only engage when they have the advantage. Also it severely hinders low level characters from escaping.

When flying is added, it needs to be available for all levels in that zone simultaneously. The achievement requirement in WoD is a little tiring sine it takes a minimum of 20 days, but I'm alright with forcing players to see some of the questing content.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'd rather just reach a level then unlock flying for a bit of gold. I hate that I'll never get to fly in Draenor because I'm not going to find all the treasures and visit all the places when I'm just power-leveling. Hell, I just got flying in Pandaria today because I was going to farm that Elixir of Ancient Knowledge so I can give it to my Paladin I'm going to level. I'll explore the world when I'm not having to fight or dodge mobs I don't feel like killing.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'd rather just reach a level then unlock flying for a bit of gold. I hate that I'll never get to fly in Draenor because I'm not going to find all the treasures and visit all the places when I'm just power-leveling. Hell, I just got flying in Pandaria today because I was going to farm that Elixir of Ancient Knowledge so I can give it to my Paladin I'm going to level. I'll explore the world when I'm not having to fight or dodge mobs I don't feel like killing.

I know they haven't said anything regarding draenor flying yet, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me at all if they lightened up the flying restriction on draenor once it's had its day.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I assume they'll probably have to disable the world quests that flying would trivialize once it's available too. Like the Archmage's one out in Stormheim involving getting on top of the giant statue.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Sure world pvp of the south shore v Tauren mill died with BGs, but the small scale skirmishes while leveling and during max level dailies are still alive and well and one of my favorite parts of WoW. Flying kills that by letting max level players choose when they pvp, usually allowing them to only engage when they have the advantage. Also it severely hinders low level characters from escaping.

When flying is added, it needs to be available for all levels in that zone simultaneously. The achievement requirement in WoD is a little tiring sine it takes a minimum of 20 days, but I'm alright with forcing players to see some of the questing content.

Being low level severely hinders them from surviving a max level player that comes along and starts killing them. Honestly, world PvP sucks and I rather deal with it in a setting that I choose, which is battlegrounds and places like Ashran.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oh yay flying came up again. Likely will be the same conversation too :(

I didn't realize how freaking nuts Demo is on lock. I tried it early and kinda passed over it. Retried it recently and fully checked everything, its super intense.

What that bolded part is talking about is the fact that flying mounts are almost twice as fast as ground mounts.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    World pvp died for, like, a hundred reasons. You can't pin it on just one thing.

Flying and BGs also had something to do with it. But it's also a natural result of the world getting bigger, and the player base remaining the same or getting smaller. World PVP was most active in the early stages of the game because players were crammed into the same areas. Population density in any given zone was much higher.

Kai_San wrote: »

I didn't realize how freaking nuts Demo is on lock. I tried it early and kinda passed over it. Retried it recently and fully checked everything, its super intense.

It's crazy good with the right gear...otherwise it's an awful lot of effort to do below average work.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried Blackrock Foundry LFR since the patch?

I don't think it (or Highmaul) got the 30% nerf like Hellfire Citadel did, so is it still faceroll in it's current state or is it actually possible to die?

I realized I never finished the Pepe achievement, but I'm only missing 3 random dungeons and 7 of the bosses in Blackrock Foundry, and figured I needed to knock those out fairly soon.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »

I don't think it (or Highmaul) got the 30% nerf like Hellfire Citadel did, so is it still faceroll in it's current state or is it actually possible to die?

I realized I never finished the Pepe achievement, but I'm only missing 3 random dungeons and 7 of the bosses in Blackrock Foundry, and figured I needed to knock those out fairly soon.

I still need Tarnia for that stupid thing.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

I still need Tarnia for that stupid thing.

Just put up a thing in Group Finder, and mention Pepe. People will eventually come.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    It did indeed get a nerf, though not sure if it was quite as severe.

As for the whole flying mess... I've played the beta up to 110 and gotten to run around and do World Quest content. Simply put you don't need a flying mount beyond the boring thing of booping down onto an objective and then flying off without a care. Not that many of them have just interactables anyway.

When you complete the quest to unlock World Quests, you're also given a whistle that summons a flight path animal to come and pick you up, plopping you at the closest flight point. This only has a 5 minute cooldown. Between that and an awesome reusable goblin glider toy(which is actually a kickin' rad kite on your back) I've never had an issue getting where I need to. It's fun laughing at the Demon Hunter's who thought they were special as I float down to Azsuna with the kite, which I think is faster than their gliding.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil

It's crazy good with the right gear...otherwise it's an awful lot of effort to do below average work.

If you mean right now, maybe.

I can test it on the beta with a full artifact. It is plenty good there. Using the base gear they give you (which is a meager 820 ilvl I think? And without even having relics on arti so your weapons are ilvl 750 still at 110) it does more dps easily then I could get on the elemental shaman I was testing not long after.

It is a lot of work, but you can smooth out the rotation with the right talents. You definitely are rewarded for that work though. At least I can confirm as such with an artifact weapon.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular

Still seemed faceroll. I was doing it on my undergeared level boost hunter saturday night did all but the last instance and seemed easy as ever.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

Still seemed faceroll. I was doing it on my undergeared level boost hunter saturday night did all but the last instance and seemed easy as ever.

That's good, I've already got the last wing done. The bosses I need are all in the first 3 wings. I'll have to try and grind that out on Friday or Saturday night when the queues won't be too long.

Nosf wrote: »

This is the same thing that was going around awhile ago people linked to holes in certain addons. It just turns out it was never any addon and just a part of lua. They did try to address this with that warning but it comes up for any macros using scripts too.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular

Sounds like my sex life

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

This is the same thing that was going around awhile ago people linked to holes in certain addons. It just turns out it was never any addon and just a part of lua. They did try to address this with that warning but it comes up for any macros using scripts too.

I mean, an addon can also be used to launch malicious scripts (this is what the kerfluffle over elvui a while back was about), but they can also simply be entered via chatbox.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Speaking of scams, anyone else ever get duped by people using the old /split command? I fell for it...once.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585

If you mean right now, maybe.

I can test it on the beta with a full artifact. It is plenty good there. Using the base gear they give you (which is a meager 820 ilvl I think? And without even having relics on arti so your weapons are ilvl 750 still at 110) it does more dps easily then I could get on the elemental shaman I was testing not long after.

It is a lot of work, but you can smooth out the rotation with the right talents. You definitely are rewarded for that work though. At least I can confirm as such with an artifact weapon.

I did mean right now, sadly I can't test with artifacts. I seem to have an anti-beta/alpha hex on me.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    demo starts to feel a lot better when you stack up some haste; at 640 or whatever it is when you boost it up it felt kinda bad, but even at ~680 or whatever mine's at now it's starting to play pretty smoothly.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    Ugh I just realized.

I'm not going to be able to use a fist weapon on my Enh shaman main come Legion anymore, because its not a fist type and Bliz didn't lift those restrictions I guess because of course they didn't.

I have never played a Shaman and so I used my level 100 boost to jump a Shaman to max. I was really digging Enchantment shaman and thought I might make that my main, until I noticed 2 of the abilities at least must have an offhand weapon and I wanted to do 2handers. I don't really like dual wielding, and I just think I look way better using 2 handers. That sort of stole the wind from my sails as far as playing a Shaman.
    On the other hand, I also haven't played much Hunter and I'm really digging Survivalist Hunter, which IS letting me use 2 handers (so far).

Enhancement hasn't been a 2h spec since like, vanilla.

When you could blow someone up with a Windfury crit.

Good times.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited July 2016
    The shaman in os that got a hammer made from rag back in vanilla when it was a big deal could do hilarious things with the old windfury.

Kai_San on
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    The shaman in os that got a hammer made from rag back in vanilla when it was a big deal could do hilarious things with the old windfury.

Specifically the first legendary in the game, awarded to a non-optimal class/spec.

Grape Ape wrote: »

Specifically the first legendary in the game, awarded to a non-optimal class/spec.

It was the 4th drop in like 10 kills. Our first kill dropped the item for one. No one else wanted it because they figured they would never get it made. He went really, really far out of his way to make it happen.

Granted, the dude likely did more work outside of raids than anyone else who got them anyway.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    So is there anyone else who was waiting for the prepatch to help choose a main, but after trying a bunch of stuff the possible choices have only grown? There have really only been a couple specs i thought were a little clunky, and nothing that i thought was terrible. Demon hunter hasnt even been released and its specs look decent as well. Hate how artifact weapons limit spec and class swapping.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Ugn, every chat channel Alliance side on Wyrmrest Accord is packed with alt-right trolls for some reason lately.

I try to just ignore them and move on, but sometimes I see nonsense from someone I haven't ignored yet, poor impulse control hits, and I try to argue with them.

I really ought to just leave every public chat.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Leaving trade and general until at least 6 months after the presidential election is my plan.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

Everyone knows dwarves liver longer and age more slowly than humans.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    pet peeve: i've always hated the "long-lived race = long baby lifecycle" trope in fantasy

every waking moment of a baby's life they are trying to kill themselves. we literally have the medical phrase "Sudden Infant Death". a long infancy is one of the most unrealistic things you could have in fantasy!

liEt3nH.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I thought she had her son back in Cata? Anduian has been around since Vanilla
    So the sad thought is he has aged with the game

maybe they're different babies

moira's livin' that feudal lifestyle

NREqxl5.jpg
    Can't you still find kid Anduian in SW? Like you can find Admiral Taylor still alive in parts of the game.

This discussion has been closed.