As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's get ready to [Hearthstone]! Tournament Details in OP

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    same. it's fun don't get me wrong, I just feel like I need to draw very well to have a shot in most matchups.

mind posting your list? I stole mine from Dog but he didn't post a screenshot so it's not necessarily card for card. and I made a couple of swaps here and there as well. always glad for some other opinions on it.

I just copied it from someone else.
    173lo7qmbrb2.jpg

I feel like I'd like to fit in a second shadow strike, but I'm not sure what to take out for it. Maybe a journey below? On the other hand, getting a tomb pillager out on 4 is really important and journey frequently offers you one, and every now and then journey can find a taunt for you to block incoming lethal.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I was checking twitter to see when dog last streamed and saw this and felt I had to share

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    King of Beasts needs a more accurate description.

It doesn't specify if it gains a bonus from the cards in your hand or the cards on the battlefield. That's annoying. I mean. . .now I know the answer but still.

steam_sig.png
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    same. it's fun don't get me wrong, I just feel like I need to draw very well to have a shot in most matchups.

mind posting your list? I stole mine from Dog but he didn't post a screenshot so it's not necessarily card for card. and I made a couple of swaps here and there as well. always glad for some other opinions on it.

173lo7qmbrb2.jpg

I feel like I'd like to fit in a second shadow strike, but I'm not sure what to take out for it. Maybe a journey below? On the other hand, getting a tomb pillager out on 4 is really important and journey frequently offers you one, and every now and then journey can find a taunt for you to block incoming lethal.

Chessdude has been running a similar list this season, but -1 Journey Below +1 Deadly Poison.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    King of Beasts needs a more accurate description.

It doesn't specify if it gains a bonus from the cards in your hand or the cards on the battlefield. That's annoying. I mean. . .now I know the answer but still.

While there's obviously a lot of work to be done if someone who actually knows card games was given the chance to regulate hearthstone's wording, the general trend is that if a location isn't specified, it means on the battlefield. I don't think there's any card that interacts with the hand without explicitly mentioning the hand (or a mechanic directly related to the hand, like drawing or discarding).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    blizz pls:

Grimscale Skulker
    Rogue
    STEALTH
    Whenever a card is removed from a deck, its owner takes 2 damage.
    Battlecry: Each Player draws a card.
    Murloc
    2/3

liEt3nH.png
    blizz pls:

Grimscale Skulker
    Rogue
    STEALTH
    Murloc
    2/3

You're never going to get a viable mill deck and the game will be better for it.

If anything is going to be like this in the game, it needs to apply only to burns rather than draws (I'm not sure what you mean by "removed from a deck" here), because I feel if a deck can keep their hand small they should have the advantage against mill--it's historically an anti-control deck, after all, and I think that's a niche that suits it well if it must exist. And the minion itself needs to deal the damage so it can't get infinite value while staying stealthed forever, that's just obnoxious otherwise.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

173lo7qmbrb2.jpg

Chessdude has been running a similar list this season, but -1 Journey Below +1 Deadly Poison.

Ryzen's running a version of it right now with -2 journey, +1 deadly poison, +1 shiv.

blizz pls:

Grimscale Skulker
    Rogue
    STEALTH
    Murloc
    2/3

You're never going to get a viable mill deck and the game will be better for it.

If anything is going to be like this in the game, it needs to apply only to burns rather than draws (I'm not sure what you mean by "removed from a deck" here), because I feel if a deck can keep their hand small they should have the advantage against mill--it's historically an anti-control deck, after all, and I think that's a niche that suits it well if it must exist. And the minion itself needs to deal the damage so it can't get infinite value while staying stealthed forever, that's just obnoxious otherwise.

"Removed" is the same wording as Fel Reaver, so I was aiming for Blizzard Consistent Wording

liEt3nH.png
    blizz pls:

Grimscale Skulker
    Rogue
    STEALTH
    Murloc
    2/3

"Removed" is the same wording as Fel Reaver, so I was aiming for Blizzard Consistent Wording

Ah, fair enough. Just haven't seen enough of that mechanic to register it as something to which a wording exists.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    nkvnc027xrma.jpg

They did not accept my friend request, but I would like to sincerely apologize to RandomCloud on the European server for having perpetrated this bullshit on them.

hippofant on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    blizz pls:

Grimscale Skulker
    Rogue
    STEALTH
    Murloc
    2/3

I always liked playing Mill, but I don't think it needs more damage or (forced) draw. It's viability dropped because it lost Deathlord and Healbot, everything else is still there. Of course when BRM rotates out we will lose Gang Up and that's gonna be it.

Rogue really could use something like "Leech Poison (1 mana): Give your weapon <Whenever you attack, gain 4 health>". That would also help with the control archetype that never takes off even though Blizz tries to push it.

• InqInq Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    L0XvNv1.png

This has been the deck I've used for Rogue quests in the past couple months. It's 11-5 in random games between rank 15 and rank 5, and I've had a lot of fun with it. My Rogue's already golden so I'm usually compelled to play other classes, which is why it hasn't been played all that much.

Inq on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    last game ends. new quest: win 2 games with rogue or druid. no thanks! wish my play-with-a-friend quest hadn't failed to register earlier.
    Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2007-26-16%2003.02.18.png
    Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2007-26-16%2003.02.27.png

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    last game ends. new quest: win 2 games with rogue or druid. no thanks! wish my play-with-a-friend quest hadn't failed to register earlier.
    Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2007-26-16%2003.02.18.png
    Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2007-26-16%2003.02.27.png

do you need someone to clear out that quest? I'm still up for some god forsaken reason

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Do you guys recommend any place to track cards & get suggested decks based on current possessed cards? I'm reaching my limit of success creating my own decks

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I stepped out. if you see this signal or PM me or whatever. otherwise next time, no worries

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Inq wrote: »
    L0XvNv1.png

This has been the deck I've used for Rogue quests in the past couple months. It's 11-5 in random games between rank 15 and rank 5, and I've had a lot of fun with it. My Rogue's already golden so I'm usually compelled to play other classes, which is why it hasn't been played all that much.

I love this deck, because people think I'm playing it and make aggressive plays to end me before turn 10, allowing me to OTK them with cold blood :). I might try it too. It looks fun.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
    Grobian wrote: »
    blizz pls:

Grimscale Skulker
    Rogue
    STEALTH
    Murloc
    2/3

I always liked playing Mill, but I don't think it needs more damage or (forced) draw. It's viability dropped because it lost Deathlord and Healbot, everything else is still there. Of course when BRM rotates out we will lose Gang Up and that's gonna be it.

Rogue really could use something like "Leech Poison (1 mana): Give your weapon <Whenever you attack, gain 4 health>". That would also help with the control archetype that never takes off even though Blizz tries to push it.

oh i know that it's not a card that mill needs to be viable right now

but i was thinking about how one of the Most Fun parts about playing mill is when you burn cards

and ultimately against a lot of decks, it doesn't actually matter when you do that, it just FEELS good. against decks like Freeze you can go YES WE GOT ALEXSTRASZA but ultimately it's usually just good for chuckling to yourself

and i wanted to make a mill card that gave you some reward for what Felt Good

liEt3nH.png
  • ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Gdiguy wrote: »
    Do you guys recommend any place to track cards & get suggested decks based on current possessed cards? I'm reaching my limit of success creating my own decks

I posted a link to a google docs spreadsheet yesterday for tracking cards, it's my go-to:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYuukT1O3qdvbSfpUAbJMJLYkusXclc-Rivd-uMy6g0/edit#gid=1086662798

For deck building you can copy-paste a deck into a tab and see what cards you're missing, but that's about it. The sites in the OP have some good resources for budget decks or what replacements can be made for the current meta decks.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I played the same guy in Dragon Warrior mirrors 4 times in a row this morning. He friended me afterward and we commiserated on how awful a mirror it is.

FotM decks and misery, bringing people together.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I made it to page 3 until I realized that Dovers avatar wouldn't be on the HS thread...

In other news I made two CotW and played some midrange hunter. Seems like the deck is still strong and CotW really is the king of bullshit swing cards in standard (ok, maybe prince after Nzoth but he's rarely played anymore...)

djFindus on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I played the same guy in Dragon Warrior mirrors 4 times in a row this morning. He friended me afterward and we commiserated on how awful a mirror it is.

FotM decks and misery, bringing people together.

I was going to say that C'thun Warrior mirror is the worst, but on second thought maybe it isn't. The annoying thing about mirror matches with midrange decks like Dragon Warrior is that it's not uncommon for those matches to go into fatigue, and those decks aren't built for the long game. So you're topdecking forever, hoping for a lucky draw, with no real surprises in store for either player. With control deck mirrors, at least you sometimes get to feel like you really deserved the win (or loss) due to strategic decisions along the way.

MSL59.jpg
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The OP could definitely use a clean-up and reorganization. Get on it @Roz!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I actually just lost a game at rank 8 to klepto priest. What the fuck.

Like actually who runs double shadow madness right now? They're the worst they've been in like, the history of hearthstone.

Edit: To be clear, it was double mind vision double thoughtsteal priest.

It was posted on Hearthpwn so that's where it came from. It still loses hard to aggro unless you get the clears which is all priest decks.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    And my luck with OTK is poor. I've had two games out of 5 where Faceless and Worgen have been in the last 4 cards.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    The worst mirror is 100% Zoo. You can get essentially unwinnable game states on turns 2-3.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I think Elise Control Warrior mirror is the worst. It takes forever, and after 20-30 minutes of intense decision making, it can end up coming down to who got better Monkey RNG.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    djFindus wrote: »
    I made it to page 3 until I realized that Dovers avatar wouldn't be on the HS thread...

In other news I made two CotW and played some midrange hunter. Seems like the deck is still strong and CotW really is the king of bullshit swing cards in standard (ok, maybe prince after Nzoth but he's rarely played anymore...)

Technically his avatar is still on the thread, it's just one he created instead of uses.

MNC Dover wrote: »

Scheduled for tonight! Children weren't cooperating last night.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

Yeah, getting them to work on forum posts can be a frustrating thing.

3clipse wrote: »

I was being given an excellent and thorough discussion on the differentiators between Orcas, Dolphins, and Whales by a 3 year old.

• ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I actually just got to play against Amaz at rank 4 playing some sort of wonky fatigue priest deck.

Edit: Checked out his stream, it's actually a resurrect control deck, but close enough. Somehow he's managing to find all of the rogues and druids around rank 3-4 though, whereas I am only finding warriors and hunters.

Either way, it did not survive against dragon warrior, although I did have some pretty good cards.

ShadowofVT on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I was being given an excellent and thorough discussion on the differentiators between Orcas, Dolphins, and Whales by a 3 year old.

I'd pay to see that.

edited July 2016

I'd pay to see that.

gamification-510px.jpg

?

Roz on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    A 3 year old told you that? Kids say the darndest things these days.

Also, if you ever have a quest that you don't really feel like doing, just play a deck in casual mode. People usually concede when you have board control and quests go by super quickly.

KoopahTroopah on
    But on a more serious note, this is where he gets all of his marine biology knowledge:

9d0eba1ca4cad567f826741f5220946df7fe53cfc3ae9b16f7d3a547d0314fbd_large

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Your 3-year old is cool. All of those animals are top tier.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    CoTqtPPXEAEdjOW.jpg

I, uh, okay! Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of Dragon Warrior now???

fun fact: my Frothing was orignally a 10/4, got humility'd down to a 1/4, then it got back up to 6 attack (thanks to Inner Rage, some trades/pings).

Sidenote, Tempo Storm's list has a single N'Zoth's First Mate in Dragon Warrior. I don't really see what it accomplishes, what should I replace it with? 2nd Inner Rage/Slam? Malkorok? Hmm.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    The First Mate is anti-aggro tech because your only other proactive T1 is Finley and pings are good. I don't run it because Zoo is practically nonexistant for me.