As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW]: The portal's always greener on the fel side.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Can't you still find kid Anduian in SW? Like you can find Admiral Taylor still alive in parts of the game.
    No as he in vanilla was in the throne room and it's changed much since then

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    11/33 Books, 1/1 Sea Charts. I think I might be able to pull off the ring.

I want to do Tannan stuff on my alt, but the gold cost of level 3 garrison to get the shipyard is very off-putting.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    raijin25raijin25 Registered User new member
    Anyone know a chill casual guild, EU-side? Currently on Defias Brotherhood, but all my toons are Horde, and I'm looking to level alliance next.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

I want to do Tannan stuff on my alt, but the gold cost of level 3 garrison to get the shipyard is very off-putting.

I've knocked out two alts' rings and am closing in on my third, that's totally doable. 4 more weeks? I have 8 tomes so far, and I feel....pretty optimistic about getting the last one done. They were on the elemental tablets when I came back, thank blizzard for the catch up mechanics.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »

*resists temptation to resub*

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Just come back on a gold token thing, that's what I did. Granted, I made back twice what I spent on the token since coming back.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Just come back on a gold token thing, that's what I did. Granted, I made back twice what I spent on the token since coming back.

Don't I have to buy one ahead of time?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    bowen wrote: »
    Nosf wrote: »

Don't I have to buy one ahead of time?

You can log on via the free trial or whatever and do it that way I think.

EDIT: You can buy them from the character select screen and it takes the appropriate amount of gold from multiple characters, if one single character doesn't have enough.

Javen on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Still struggling on my first ring. I have everything done but the last sea chart mission. Had a 94% success rate and after waiting 2 days, somehow failed the mission. Infuriating.

• Options
    WHY ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO GET ME TO RESUB

• Options
    Just fire up the client, you can load up any sub 20 character in free mode, but it will pop up a little dialog asking if you want to buy a token for whatever they're worth. It explains that it will take the gold spread out over all characters.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I spent like 30k of the gold I made the first week on stupid shit :(

All because I sold a few shirts for 60k. I can still get a token, but I coulda bought like 3 very likely. Oh well I guess I need to farm more raids for less money.

• Options
    Random question on these account wide transmogrification changes... So I have two Rogue's, one is level 100 on an Alliance PvE server, the other is an 86 Horde sitting over on an RPPVP server. I jumped on the 86 last night to try and play around with leveling with the assassination spec. First thing I did was run to the transmogrifier in Orgrimmar. I noticed a ton of visual options missing on my 86 Rogue. Is there a reason for this? Am I only allowed to unlock transmog options for items that I am "at level" for? Like, will more transmog options open up as I level to 100 so I'll have the same options as my Alliance Rogue?

Another way to put it, could I start a new level 1 rogue right now and in theory have it look like a Rogue decked out in full bloodfang, or would I have to wait until I hit 60 before the option opened up?

• Options
    I think it's the "you have to wait until you can equip it" one.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I have a day 1 launch Resto Druid (Night Elf) who I have kept up with fairly well throughout the years. I also have a Tauren Resto druid that is better geared and has better progression than my Day1, but the tauren isn't day 1. I also have a worgen level 100 druid just because worgen.

So I've got 3 druids at max level and 11+ years of resto druid experience.

And I'm hating the 7.0 druid changes. I feel like I cannot keep up with healing anymore. HoTs are all falling off too fast, maintaining HoTs even on the tank has become a chore, and maintaining HoTs on the rest of the party is pretty much impossible. I feel like I do not have the tools or the healing throughput to manage AoE spike damage. I can barely keep up with healing the tank, and as soon as more than 1 person is hurt I'm boned.

How did they manage to completely ruin my favorite class? I find the 7.0 tools they have given me completely inadequate for keeping a group alive. Note that I'm specifically talking about 5-man content right now. I haven't gone into a raid with druid yet.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Any appearance that is unlocked by getting an item with a level requirement, can't be transmogged until you reach that level

• Options
    Yeah, just confirmed it on my monk, can't use any of the higher level appearances my rogue has unlocked.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I have a day 1 launch Resto Druid (Night Elf) who I have kept up with fairly well throughout the years. I also have a Tauren Resto druid that is better geared and has better progression than my Day1, but the tauren isn't day 1. I also have a worgen level 100 druid just because worgen.

And I'm hating the 7.0 druid changes. I feel like I cannot keep up with healing anymore. HoTs are all falling off too fast, maintaining HoTs even on the tank has become a chore, and maintaining HoTs on the rest of the party is pretty much impossible. I feel like I do not have the tools or the healing throughput to manage AoE spike damage. I can barely keep up with healing the tank, and as soon as more than 1 person is hurt I'm boned.

How did they manage to completely ruin my favorite class? I find the 7.0 tools they have given me completely inadequate for keeping a group alive. Note that I'm specifically talking about 5-man content right now. I haven't gone into a raid with druid yet.

They didn't ruin any of the classes (despite what the forums will tell you). They made the game substantially less faceroll. You must call upon your Vanilla and TBC skills.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Any appearance that is unlocked by getting an item with a level requirement, can't be transmogged until you reach that level

Got it, thank you.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular

I don't know what the resto druid artifact does, but I've heard some people state that their class plays completely different with and without their artifact. It's possible that once you have your artifact healing will feel more normal and fix your issue.

It's also possible they just completely changed the class (like they redid almost the entire Brewmaster and I don't care for it now).

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

They didn't ruin any of the classes (despite what the forums will tell you). They made the game substantially less faceroll. You must call upon your Vanilla and TBC skills.

I'd argue that classes have never had this complicated rotations. More skills certainly but almost all of those you rarely if ever used. Vanilla and TBC were incredibly simple by comparison.

And healers are having an incredibly hard time across the board at present, artifacts are a huge part of the design of classes at the moment...just a shame we don't have said artifacts even if the legion pre-event would of been the perfect time to introduce simple versions of them.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

I'd argue that classes have never had this complicated rotations. More skills certainly but almost all of those you rarely if ever used. Vanilla and TBC were incredibly simple by comparison.

And healers are having an incredibly hard time across the board at present, artifacts are a huge part of the design of classes at the moment...just a shame we don't have said artifacts even if the legion pre-event would of been the perfect time to introduce simple versions of them.

That's true, the lack of Artifacts is really hurting. I don't get why they didn't give us the Artifacts with that 1st main trait unlocked and then just make it impossible to get Artifact Power until Legion. Seems like basically every spec gets a big boost from their Artifact.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Anyone know when the Stranglethorn and Darkmoon arena chests spawn? Used to be every 3 hours starting at midnight server, seems no longer so with CRZ.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Stranglethorn and Darkmoon arena chests spawn? Used to be every 3 hours starting at midnight server, seems no longer so with CRZ.

I don't think the stranglethorn chest spawns anymore, the item in it now shows up in the Darkmoon arena.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I specifically want the music sheet for the jukebox.

What time does the DMF one spawn?

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016

They didn't ruin things. The changes are just so drastic, if anything having all the experience makes it HARDER to transition for most people.

Druids from my testing are worst at pure throughput on heavy single target damage. But their aoe healing is literally the best around. I don't think anyone else compares outside of maybe Resto Shaman burning every CD (because they get more). It will likely depend on talents but there is a lot you can do with how strong the hots can be at giving you time to put direct heals all over. Though I guess it would be very preemptive and that can make it difficult. Spec your shroom to also put a hot out, that and wild growth is a ton of aoe healing and its not even super expensive (especially because being over time, you don't spam them so you usually make up the cost in mana back before needing to cast again). Also the talent for Tranq is super important. Having that on a shorter CD will make aoe healing significantly easier as long as you know the best placement for it.

Also do not completely blame it on your healing. I did TW last night too, and some tanks just AREN'T getting it right now. Mostly seems to be paladins because of the 5 tanks I had last night, 3 were paladins and they all dropped like rocks. Their pulling also told me they were mostly clueless about the changes though. I know they were doing a bad job, because once one died and our shaman (guildy) took roughly the same damage and was almost as easy to heal. Mitigation is the job of tanks now, and it is a consistent job not just hitting a Cd every once in awhile for a certain mechanic. When someone gets it, healing is SUPER easy and you have time to just top off party members.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I think there are a lot more newer tanks in general, especially in queueable content.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Yeah my terrible experience was in TW. I have a 100 priest also (I'm really big on healing) and I ran 3 more TW instances last night on priest, and Priest felt a lot better. Same tank both nights. Been running with a group of 4 (myself included). So there aren't as many variables since it was same group and same tank, and even the instances were the same. Saw an even split of 3 Arcatraz and 3 Shattered Halls out of the 6 I ran. Did 3 on druid the first night, and 3 on priest the next night. Priest just overall felt better.

And yeah, maybe it's just a lack of artifact.

One of my friends is an Enhancement shaman and he's saying that without his artifact his Maelstrom generation is super low. So there is a very real possibility that things will improve in Legion once I've got the artifact.

Of course, the decision on what to play first is tough. Druid is historically my favorite class and I've been planning on maining it all along this expansion. But that feels risky right now, given my recent less than pleasant experiences. Priest feels like a safer bet.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

They didn't ruin things. The changes are just so drastic, if anything having all the experience makes it HARDER to transition for most people.

Druids from my testing are worst at pure throughput on heavy single target damage. But their aoe healing is literally the best around. I don't think anyone else compares outside of maybe Resto Shaman burning every CD (because they get more). It will likely depend on talents but there is a lot you can do with how strong the hots can be at giving you time to put direct heals all over. Though I guess it would be very preemptive and that can make it difficult. Spec your shroom to also put a hot out, that and wild growth is a ton of aoe healing and its not even super expensive (especially because being over time, you don't spam them so you usually make up the cost in mana back before needing to cast again). Also the talent for Tranq is super important. Having that on a shorter CD will make aoe healing significantly easier as long as you know the best placement for it.

Also do not completely blame it on your healing. I did TW last night too, and some tanks just AREN'T getting it right now. Mostly seems to be paladins because of the 5 tanks I had last night, 3 were paladins and they all dropped like rocks. Their pulling also told me they were mostly clueless about the changes though. I know they were doing a bad job, because once one died and our shaman (guildy) took roughly the same damage and was almost as easy to heal. Mitigation is the job of tanks now, and it is a consistent job not just hitting a Cd every once in awhile for a certain mechanic. When someone gets it, healing is SUPER easy and you have time to just top off party members.

Paladin tanking must be super different, because every Paladin tank I've run with since the patch has been made of cardboard.

• Options
    Well all the lists I have seen of people trying to rate healers seem to all at least agree on the fact druid is the top going forward. Doesn't mean they are op, just that everyone considers them solid. So if its not clicking for you, it might be a good idea to change, because there is no issues with the class. In fact I think most have priest on the lower end so that alone might say it is the right choice. I know I can say for sure the learning curve on the druid healing now is MUCH higher than on priest. Priest is definitely the easiest class to pick up right now, possibly by a long shot. Holy paladin might be the only thing close but that is only if you ignore the distance mastery. Being able to balance being close to someone and not put ranged mechanics on the melee is a hard job. It can be mitigated by talents though.

Artifacts are a huge factor, but when I played with the 110 healers with them maxed on beta they honestly didn't feel all that much different. Compared to the DPS classes, which all seem to change pretty noticibly with full artifacts. They heavily change the priority of some talents for almost every dps class. Once you factor in choices with relics and what artifact talents to buff, it gets even worse. That is something that can't even be tested on the beta yet (or if it could before I got in I missed it).

I was shocked how good I felt with MW later into the night last night. It felt good to be able to be a badass again. It is not just putting out heals and everything just kind of living. Lots of decision making and actually managing mana (which has always been a strength of mine and I missed it so much, especially in mans where it REALLY seems to matter). I was also throwing around paralyzes like candy because in the TBC dungeons there are large packs that tend to have 1 or 2 hard hitters. Sometimes people wouldn't play nice with it, so I hard to make sure to work around that as well. By the end I felt like MW was great when before I thought it was quite boring. It might still be boring in raids where a lot of those things aren't an option anymore.

• Options
    Sorry - what is MW?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Mistweaver

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Anyone playing rogue post-patch? How do the specs feel?

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying Outlaw Rogue, but I've literally not played a Rogue before except ~10 levels when the game first came out. This char is the one I pumped to 90 when WoD came out and I never played her.
    So...all in all, I'm not very helpful =p. But I'm liking Outlaw enough that I might main this character.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular

Holy Priest feels pretty great, actually. I came back to the game about 6 weeks ago. I haven't raided anything in WoD that's not LFR, so I'm not really at max gear level. But last week I healed all the Mythic 5s (for the first time ever) and finished BC time-walking. Everything was pretty smooth. I had some deaths but no wipes.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Kai_San wrote: »

I had a very tough time tanking on my paladin in TW the other night, felt super squishy. Somehow made it to the end. After zoning out, read over my changed skills again, and realized there was a button i had been hitting immediately when available instead of waiting for the buff that button gives me to expire. The buff is 5 second of -30% damage taken for 4.7 seconds, and i gain a charge of the button every 6 seconds or so. Whoops. Spamming it meant that most of the time i did not have the buff.

Will have to try again with that in mind.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

There were, of course, exceptions.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    I suspected that was the problem most pallies were having. They have most odd their survivability in that one skill, bad use of it means they might as well not be a tank

• Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »

There were, of course, exceptions.

I think it was in Wrath (or Cataclysm?) that Enhancement Shamans had a 14 button rotation for optimal DPS. Those were the days...?

This discussion has been closed.