As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]: The portal's always greener on the fel side.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    So i revisited demonology today. At first i thought it was still just kind of clunky, but then i switched up some talents and got some horrific 50%+ health implosion kills. I was just deleting people while being really tanky. The damage is fairly easy to stop since it relies on a lot of hard casts, but i imagine once i can get the casting circle that it is pretty hard to stop without using stuns.

• PineappleLovePineappleLove Registered User regular
    Thank you all for the responses in regards to the rings. Ill be getting off work in an hour so ill grind some time walking dungeons to see what the vendor has this week. Last week she didn't have any rings so I was kind of SoL, and while I wait In queue i'll be going through Tan Jungle. Being deployed on the other side of the world but still trying to play NA servers sucks cause of the time difference, by the time I log on its about 11-Midnight for the US guys so pretty damn hard to find any premade groups for Normal/Herioc runs :/

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    Thank you all for the responses in regards to the rings. Ill be getting off work in an hour so ill grind some time walking dungeons to see what the vendor has this week. Last week she didn't have any rings so I was kind of SoL, and while I wait In queue i'll be going through Tan Jungle. Being deployed on the other side of the world but still trying to play NA servers sucks cause of the time difference, by the time I log on its about 11-Midnight for the US guys so pretty damn hard to find any premade groups for Normal/Herioc runs :/

The LK time-walking vendor definitely has rings.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Also worth mentioning that Outlaw has access to Bribe, which basically lets you MC something to fight for you for 5 minutes.

For reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmeboYNV4-I

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2016
    Tanks are missing skills from Legion that will be useful. Brewmasters get exploding Keg, which causes all enemies to miss for three seconds. That's an incredibly useful defensive cooldown just absent from the kit. There's other things like Ironskin Brew only lasting 75% of what it will in Legion, blackout kick AND breath of fire reducing enemy damage, bonus dodge from Purifying Brew, and a chance at better orbs. The last one is particularly important since slurping up orbs like Pac-Man means wasted healing. You have to decide if you want to walk over a lesser orb and save those greater orbs for an emergency. In Legion, you're not hitting Expel Harm when it's available.

You have to work with your healer now. A bad tank will be noticed because the healer keeps going oom every pull.

EDIT: Also, not looking forward to DH tanks considering that, in addition to the artifact weapon, they're going to be missing like 75% of their talents.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Arthil wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Also worth mentioning that Outlaw has access to Bribe, which basically lets you MC something to fight for you for 5 minutes.

For reference.

snip

I went straight to subtlety and hadn't even considered trying the others yet...but that one ability means I pretty much have to go Outlaw. 30min cooldowns a bit depressing...but still an awesome ability.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Re: Resto druids from a couple pages back, the Legion changes removed/changed the following things that affect Resto druids (I'm probably missing some):
    -Changed the mastery to increase healing on the target based on how many of your HoTs they currently have instead of the previous mastery of increasing all of your HoT healing any time you did a single target cast.
    -Removed the extra 3 seconds from Germination and put it into the artifact
    -Removed the Regrowth glyph used to make it always crit
    -Removed refreshing Lifebloom with Regrowth/Healing Touch so now you have to dedicate time to maintaining it instead of it being automatic
    -Removed Nature's Swiftness so you've lost a big snap healing cooldown.
    -Removed Heart of the Wild and Nature's Vigil, both which could be used as healing cooldowns.
    -Changed Tranquility to be much weaker
    -Changed Swiftmend's cooldown to be twice as long
    -Changed it so mana matters so making up for your party/raid's mistakes ends up with you oom

All this combined means you spend way more time managing HoTs than before and less ability to react to sudden spikes in damage which feels terrible compared to how smoothly Resto played in WoD.

Opty on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Resto is too many spells for me. I can manage a melee hotbar but when I have to figure out which hots to use when at a moments notice for a whole party? It's too much for me, personally. Maybe I just need a better healing addon or something.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Tanks are missing skills from Legion that will be useful. Brewmasters get exploding Keg, which causes all enemies to miss for three seconds. That's an incredibly useful defensive cooldown just absent from the kit. There's other things like Ironskin Brew only lasting 75% of what it will in Legion, blackout kick AND breath of fire reducing enemy damage, bonus dodge from Purifying Brew, and a chance at better orbs. The last one is particularly important since slurping up orbs like Pac-Man means wasted healing. You have to decide if you want to walk over a lesser orb and save those greater orbs for an emergency. In Legion, you're not hitting Expel Harm when it's available.

You have to work with your healer now. A bad tank will be noticed because the healer keeps going oom every pull.

EDIT: Also, not looking forward to DH tanks considering that, in addition to the artifact weapon, they're going to be missing like 75% of their talents.

Yeah, the artifact traits will help a bit. One huge issue with brm at the moment is it doesn't even matter if you hit Blackout Kick/BoF at all, they don't actually do anything. Tank damage on live feels incredibly low, they're just not very rewarding buttons to press. I really doubt the greater orbs will help the spec feel better though. Melee range is always such a huge mess (I *hate* Death and Decay effect) that trying to find a few bit shinier orbs to walk on (and possibly move the boss) doesn't seem very viable. Orb vacuum just bypasses that.

The only talent I'll really miss on DH is going to be Felblade. I don't like playing without procs, and the additional pain is useful. The rest of the talent tiers are meh, useful for sure but boring.

What's the deal with Spirit Bomb, anyway? Some say it's the best in the tier, to me it feels clunky to use (the orbs are so rng, and there's a delay from orb spawning to orb being usable), and not that strong.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »
    One huge issue with brm at the moment is it doesn't even matter if you hit Blackout Kick/BoF at all, they don't actually do anything. Tank damage on live feels incredibly low

these two things are related, Blackout Strike is your second hardest hitting ability, hitting it every CD is crucial.

Also, Blackout Combo is probably the best talent for 5mans, so that's another reason to hit it.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    So, uh...I just went to Utgarde Pinnacle for my usual steamrolling through to Skadi with the hopes he would drop his mount. He didn't.

But he did drop a timewarped badge. I was confused. Aren't those only supposed to drop in the timewalking version? So I went back and killed the other bosses and all of them dropped timewarped badges. King Ymiron dropped the quest item that gets you 500 badges, and he dropped a timewarped ring.

That's not supposed to happen, right? I was just running around spamming my arcane explosion.

Update: I ran heroic Utgarde Keep after I did this last night and it was not in timewalking mode, so I'm guessing Utgarde Pinnacle was just a fluke or it's been accidentally flagged as timewalking no matter what.

For what it's worth, my Utgarde Pinnacle run did not qualify as a timewalking run for the weekly quest.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I've been soloing through raids I've never done (basically all of them since I've never raided since Vanilla) and have been getting some great skins. I tried to do Icecrown though and I made good progress, but my 92 rogue who is rocking out the default gear I got from the 1-to-90 boost in WoD doesn't QUITE have enough DPS to beat Blood Queen Lana'thel. I could get her down to about 15% but that's as close as I could get before her vampire bite took me out.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

That's good to hear about Brewmastering. I was starting to think I had wasted my time leveling mine while doing some dungeon runs last night and feeling ineffective and squishy, especially compared to the protection warrior that I just took through ahead of the monk.

• KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Keemossi wrote: »
    One huge issue with brm at the moment is it doesn't even matter if you hit Blackout Kick/BoF at all, they don't actually do anything. Tank damage on live feels incredibly low

these two things are related, Blackout Strike is your second hardest hitting ability, hitting it every CD is crucial.

Also, Blackout Combo is probably the best talent for 5mans, so that's another reason to hit it.

Yeah, I'm hitting it on cooldown, especially since I do run with Blackout Combo. It's a fun talent that really should be baseline. The damage is still super low, so hitting any button that does pure damage feels kind of pointless. I mean I try, but that's only tickling a bit harder.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I've been soloing through raids I've never done (basically all of them since I've never raided since Vanilla) and have been getting some great skins. I tried to do Icecrown though and I made good progress, but my 92 rogue who is rocking out the default gear I got from the 1-to-90 boost in WoD doesn't QUITE have enough DPS to beat Blood Queen Lana'thel. I could get her down to about 15% but that's as close as I could get before her vampire bite took me out.

Try picking up some flasks, potions, and augment runes from the AH. That should push you past her.

Raided for the first time in 8 months last night. It felt good to get in there again, but MY GOD am I noticing the camera distance. I feel like I'm right up in the boss's ass when I'm meleeing and I hate it. It was actually difficult for me to see the purple wave thingers on Zakuun (or w/e his name is). Archi was a pain for similar visibility reasons.

Enh definitely feels Maelstrom starved right now, but I'm chalking part of that up to relearning the playstyle. I can't really comment on damage output because I was in a raid that had Mythic geared DPS and I was consistently #12. My ilvl is around 712, and I *just last night* got my 4pc of the final tier.

I went into DS afterward for my quasi-weekly Ultrax mount run. The bosses actually took longer to kill; which was interesting. I also wasn't sure if my lightning bolts would hit strong enough to kill the Ultraxion trash. Instead of tossing a Flame Shock and running away, I had to sit and LB 3-4 times per flying add to get it down. The melee trash all died to one Boulderfist.

Mugsley wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »

Try picking up some flasks, potions, and augment runes from the AH. That should push you past her.

Didn't even think about runes, but I figured doing a few garrison missions and getting some upgraded items/weapons from there would help. My current weapons are pretty awful so I think even just upgrading those would do the trick.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    An idea as Rogue. Go Outlaw and use Bribe on a trash mob and have it attack the blood queen while you stand on the top of the stairs. Wait until she says "know my hunger" then it's safe to attack her.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    An idea as Rogue. Go Outlaw and use Bribe on a trash mob and have it attack the blood queen while you stand on the top of the stairs. Wait until she says "know my hunger" then it's safe to attack her.

Worth a shot!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I need Overlord Ma'gruth for the last of the rares in Tannan but I have never seen him
    Do you need to clear that camp he spawns in or something to make him appear?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular

Definitely still try it, but all the trash in ICC is undead, with the exception of the Alliance/Horde soldiers between Deathwhisper and gunship. Not sure if a bribed mob will follow you through teleporters, though I don't see why they wouldn't.

Javen wrote: »

Definitely still try it, but all the trash in ICC is undead, with the exception of the Alliance/Horde soldiers between Deathwhisper and gunship. Not sure if a bribed mob will follow you through teleporters, though I don't see why they wouldn't.

I THOUGHT I had tried to bribe someone and it failed, but I did so many dungeons and such last night that I couldn't for sure remember if it was in ICC that I tried it or somewhere else.

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Raided for the first time in 8 months last night. It felt good to get in there again, but MY GOD am I noticing the camera distance. I feel like I'm right up in the boss's ass when I'm meleeing and I hate it. It was actually difficult for me to see the purple wave thingers on Zakuun (or w/e his name is). Archi was a pain for similar visibility reasons.

Enh definitely feels Maelstrom starved right now, but I'm chalking part of that up to relearning the playstyle. I can't really comment on damage output because I was in a raid that had Mythic geared DPS and I was consistently #12. My ilvl is around 712, and I *just last night* got my 4pc of the final tier.

I went into DS afterward for my quasi-weekly Ultrax mount run. The bosses actually took longer to kill; which was interesting. I also wasn't sure if my lightning bolts would hit strong enough to kill the Ultraxion trash. Instead of tossing a Flame Shock and running away, I had to sit and LB 3-4 times per flying add to get it down. The melee trash all died to one Boulderfist.

You can jump and just hit the flying trash with boulderfist as well

• WiddershinzWiddershinz Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    So, to save yourself some time.

If you get Pit of Saron during the Timewalking event

Just don't bother. The last boss is bugged (the graphics on the ice patches are bugged to be way too large, so kiting is pretty close to impossible).

Did it today, no dramas with the last boss but we wiped like six times on the first guy. Not wrong about it being buggy though.

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    So, to save yourself some time.

If you get Pit of Saron during the Timewalking event

Just don't bother. The last boss is bugged (the graphics on the ice patches are bugged to be way too large, so kiting is pretty close to impossible).

This explains a lot!

re: iLvl for Mythic, Mythic Dungeons drop 685 gear, so 680+ is probably fine.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Are you talking about Lana'thel? You should definitely be able to just kill her even on H25, you have a full minute of dealing double damage before the MC phase. Just pop cooldowns and she goes down like a chump.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    He's not 100 yet though.
    I finally was able to DPS her down before getting bitten last night on 10 man heroic.
    I've tried for weeks to get her to bite pets, enslaved undead, cast fade while having mindbender out, etc no dice.

So now I just need to figure out how to do I've been waiting a long time for this and I'll have that blasted frost wyrm.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

3clipse wrote: »

Are you talking about Lana'thel? You should definitely be able to just kill her even on H25, you have a full minute of dealing double damage before the MC phase. Just pop cooldowns and she goes down like a chump.

I'm level 92, in green gear, and this is the first time I've played a rogue. So I can tell you, after trying 3 times, that I can't pull it off. =p
    Close! But not quite. Though I think I can respec a little bit to make myself more efficient.

Ah yeah that'll be a lot easier at level 100, womp womp.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The little plague scientist guys in the abomination area have a buff they can put on you for +100% damage. That's how I was able to take her out in time at 90.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    So now I just need to figure out how to do I've been waiting a long time for this and I'll have that blasted frost wyrm.

You may get lucky if you look in group finder (or set up your own), or possibly OpenRaid.

Otherwise, you may have to bribe some guildies to help. It's not too bad overall, though. Just time consuming.

edited July 2016
    Guildies are no go, need a better guild on my main. My alt has a much better guild. Maybe I should see if I can switch.

I think its possible to solo. This one I haven't actually tried yet. Never really bothered because I knew I'd never get Portal Jockey. Used my boost on a priest though and that "fight" is pretty easy. Full House took me a while to figure out as well since its misleading that the adds are "Reanimated" but you don't actually kill them. Also I thought the trash counted.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    I was able to solo Waiting a Long Time for This as a Boomkin (before 7.0 at least). Just had to have the "Summon Treant" talent (Force of Nature, I think?).

Start the encounter by talking to Tirion, then go stand at the base of the steps (with your back to the steps). This is so you can't get knocked off the platform.

Make sure you never actually attack Arthas.

Then do nothing for a few minutes while Arthas summons adds to beat on you (I also had the talent that periodically healed me, but not sure if it's required).

After you feel like you have enough adds, target Arthas and cast Force of Nature. This should prompt him to cast the spell and then it will start bouncing around. Every time it bounces, Arthas gets a stacking buff but this is not the stack you need to pay attention to for the achievement and sometimes he doesn't get the stack when he's supposed to so you can't rely on it being equal to the stack on the bouncing disease, so you'll just have to keep clicking on adds after it bounces until you find the add who currently has it and see if it's high enough.

Sometimes the disease bounces to you, but I could generally survive it without much trouble.

Once it has the amount of stacks you need, blow everything up and that's it.

Not sure if any 7.0 changes may make that not work anymore.

I also don't know if it will work for things like Shadowfiends or not, as it may require the Taunt that the Treants do in order to work, but I'm not sure (though Hunters and Warlocks might be able to do it if they just keep their pet on Passive until needed for the taunt, but then you'd have to keep them from killing anything after they taunted).

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So got my Paladin up to 15 (now 17) and started doing dungeons. Is it better to start learning how to Tank now or just go DPS and learn later? I would expect it would be now but seeing how fast people are running by me in Deadmines and/or how I'm getting kicked for not Tanking hard enough, even when I told them I was learning, I feel like the latter.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So got my Paladin up to 15 (now 17) and started doing dungeons. Is it better to start learning how to Tank now or just go DPS and learn later? I would expect it would be now but seeing how fast people are running by me in Deadmines and/or how I'm getting kicked for not Tanking hard enough, even when I told them I was learning, I feel like the latter.

Yeah, at low levels you can only learn tanking with friends/guildmates who deliberately let you do your thing. Most pugs will just basically ignore the tank. That said, you get shorter queue times as a tank so it might be worth it to queue as a tank anyway, even if you end up being basically one more DPS.

I think a good time to switch to actual tanking is in the Outland dungeons.

MSL59.jpg
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Got all but the kill the vampire queen without getting bitten achievement for the 25-man and I think I've run out of level 100 with any sort of chance of burning her down.

Got all but the kill the vampire queen without getting bitten achievement for the 25-man and I think I've run out of level 100 with any sort of chance of burning her down.

If anyone is on the same server group or whatever I'm up for it. There is also some firelands one that needs two people.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

It needs 3, iirc. The kneeling one.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    The Firelands one needs three people and if anyone messes up you have to reset the raid, meaning you get a limited amount of attempts before you run out of resets.

And just in case (because I made this same mistake as well when I popped my 90 boost recently): for the 92 rogue who's still in their green boost gear, if you have any heirlooms that scale to 100 or you can afford to go buy and upgrade those heirlooms, they should probably be higher ilvl than your green gear at that point. Alternatively, you can run a timewalking dungeon to get the 500 token quest item and see what ilvl the timewalking gear is for you as that's also likely higher than your green gear as well.

Opty on
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Yeah, at low levels you can only learn tanking with friends/guildmates who deliberately let you do your thing. Most pugs will just basically ignore the tank. That said, you get shorter queue times as a tank so it might be worth it to queue as a tank anyway, even if you end up being basically one more DPS.

I think a good time to switch to actual tanking is in the Outland dungeons.

I leveled as Prot up to L60 with no major problems. Most of that time, there were only maybe 3 tanking/threat abilities anyway. I didn't have much issues with threat on bosses, and trash pretty much melted.

This discussion has been closed.