As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the week 14/11/07

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    War Journal was so awesome.

deadonthestreet on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is War Journal not shit again? Is that what you're saying?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes sir, that is what I am saying.

deadonthestreet on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »

While the Hatemonger arc was kinda meh... War Journal has been awesome since issue 1. Hell, it was the only thing to come out of Civil War that was worth reading.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Spidey gets hit with a dart and goes woozy. And still kicks ass.

Fencingsax on
    edited November 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

While the Hatemonger arc was kinda meh... War Journal has been awesome since issue 1. Hell, it was the only thing to come out of Civil War that was worth reading.

Issue 3 was probably one of the best comics of last year.

The Hatemonger arc was so, so awful, though.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Yeah, I really do hope people looking at that spoiler know who's baby that is....

Holy shit, is that Frank's baby? I havent been following the regular Punisher series for a bit, apparently I'm completly out of the loop.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Yeah, I really do hope people looking at that spoiler know who's baby that is....

Holy shit, is that Frank's baby? I havent been following the regular Punisher series for a bit, apparently I'm completly out of the loop.

Apparently it is. But there always could have been a switch out somewhere. Then again... I totally wouldn't put past Barracuda to kill the kid. Like I said, I was expecting it eventually...

Sharp101 on
    edited November 2007
    It is at times like these that I wish I didn't wait to pick up the Punisher MAX trades. D:

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's not cool to shoot babies, you guys!

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    oh

shit
    SHIT

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

Apparently it is. But there always could have been a switch out somewhere. Then again... I totally wouldn't put past Barracuda to kill the kid. Like I said, I was expecting it eventually...

Whoa whoa what now?
    I haven't read MAX before, and very little Punisher at all, so
    since when has Frank had a kid?

Me Too! on
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, if you had that baby, would you try to find the father?

Anyway, Punisher MAX is just like that South Park skit, "Russel Crow Around the World," where he just beats up foreigners. Seriously, the arcs are just divided into different ethnic groups for Frank to kill.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lol! wrote: »

Whoa whoa what now?
    I haven't read MAX before, and very little Punisher at all, so
    since when has Frank had a kid?
    He's been around lately... and accidents happen. He didn't know until Barracuda had her.

Sharp101 on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If this ends up the way it looks than it will result in the biggest violence scene in Ennis's history. Everything in preacher, in punisher, everything he has ever done will look like nothing compared to this. After it is over he will kill himself because there is nothing else that he can ever do that will match it.

Bloods End on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    If this ends up the way it looks than it will result in the biggest violence scene in Ennis's history. Everything in preacher, in punisher, everything he has ever done will look like nothing compared to this. After it is over he will kill himself because there is nothing else that he can ever do that will match it.

I'm going to have to pick it up, just for that.

Me Too! on
  • robocop is bleedingrobocop is bleeding Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    He (Peabody) rattled on like this for absolutely ages, telling me about all these retired old chaps that he knew, "old ones" as he referred to them, who'd apparently been overseas or somewhere, but were anxious to return here "when the stars are right." I believe he mentioned an endearing rogue called something like "Cool Lulu," which to my ears sounded like it might be a Red Indian name, who seemed to lead a leisurely, agreeable old life, sleeping and dreaming at a place called Riley, possibly a reservation of some kind.
    -- The Rt. Hon. Bertram Wooster, "What Ho, Gods of the Abyss"

robocop is bleeding on

Waitsing.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What?

Bloods End on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's obviously a Cthulhu reference, probably from Black Dossier.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My moment of the week was finally meeting Eric Powell tonight.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Holy shit Barracuda is a bad, bad man.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

Also, did anyone else read Avengers Initative?
    Did they just stealth retcon Pete unmasking?

I loved how all the press and civilians were all "Wait...what?"

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    He (Peabody) rattled on like this for absolutely ages, telling me about all these retired old chaps that he knew, "old ones" as he referred to them, who'd apparently been overseas or somewhere, but were anxious to return here "when the stars are right." I believe he mentioned an endearing rogue called something like "Cool Lulu," which to my ears sounded like it might be a Red Indian name, who seemed to lead a leisurely, agreeable old life, sleeping and dreaming at a place called Riley, possibly a reservation of some kind.
    -- The Rt. Hon. Bertram Wooster, "What Ho, Gods of the Abyss"

Whoa whoa WHAT? Bertie Wooster is in Black Dossier?!

I might have to go buy this today!

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok what is this bullshit about Spider-Man not being the "real" Spider-Man? I'm going to be so pissed off if at the end of OMD you figure out Peter is Ben Reilly.

Red_Arremer on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok what is this bullshit about Spider-Man not being the "real" Spider-Man? I'm going to be so pissed off if at the end of OMD you figure out Peter is Ben Reilly.

You're misunderstanding the situation.

Read the latest issue of Avengers: Initiative. It's pretty awesome.

DarkPrimus on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Definitly in the running for best Punisher villain ever.

I was pretty surprised at that, honestly. Frank was the one who set up the whole scenario, I couldn't believe he didn't have some plan figured out for getting the kid to safety.

Sure, Barracuda could have switched the kids, but why would he? He's the kinda guy who would enjoy shooting the Punisher's kid. And Punisher wouldn't have randomly put someone else's kid in the line of a bullet. I'm really thinking the kid is dead. Which keeps future Punisher stories simpler, I suppose, though now I've gotta wonder what it woulda been like to have a Daughter of Punisher character 15 years down the line.

Scooter on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I would suspect Barraccuda's not following up after he found Yorkie(sp?) is important--important enough to explain the whole scene.

Then again, they could just be making Frank a real motherfucker.

Crimsondude on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

If this is how they retcon the whole "Spider-man reveals his identity" thing, then I'm actually quite pleased.

My moment of the week was New Avengers.

All of it.
    ESPECIALLY the whole "Oh, by the way, after the New Avengers woke up from their Venom nap, and the Mighty Avengers were right there with fresher heroes AND The Sentry, the New Avengers stuck around and helped"

That was awesome.

The Muffin Man on
  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    awkward moment of the week: the initiative

because oh boy does slott write a dreadful spider-man

Bob The Monkey on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

And odds are, is going to die a very very very slow and painful death.

Karl on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't know, I mean, maybe after being left for dead by the Punisher a couple of times, he wants to see what Frank will do when _really_ motivated. Or, maybe he is just royally fucking with him, and just blew the head off a three pound pot roast, and has a plan to further mess up Castle without dying slowly and painfully. I think the latter would be the better option, but the former also strikes me as a Barracuda thing to do.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited November 2007

If this is how they retcon the whole "Spider-man reveals his identity" thing, then I'm actually quite pleased.

My moment of the week was New Avengers.

All of it.
    ESPECIALLY the whole "Oh, by the way, after the New Avengers woke up from their Venom nap, and the Mighty Avengers were right there with fresher heroes AND The Sentry, the New Avengers stuck around and helped"

That was awesome.

Wait, are you talking about the issue with symbiote wolverine on the over? Issue 35 or 36? because I thought that 35 was the newest one.

Red_Arremer on
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No, New Avengers #36 came out Wednesday. It should be the Wolverine and Spiderwoman cover (didn't pick it up this week).

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    You mean Spider-Woman boobs and Wolverine claws cover.

DarkPrimus on
    edited November 2007
    DAMNIT!

Red_Arremer on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok someone explain this whole Spider-Man thing to me. Also Punisher.
    Man I hate/love barricudda for this. However I still like it when Punisher fights Rhino better.

Bucketman on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Yeah, the one where he ambushes her in the shower.

Crimsondude on
    edited November 2007

Yeah, the one where he ambushes her in the shower.

And you get to see Black Window in her skimpies.

DarkPrimus on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's obviously a Cthulhu reference, probably from Black Dossier.
    Sounds like something from Scream for Jeeves, but then again that's been out for years.

Wildcat on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Karl wrote: »

And odds are, is going to die a very very very slow and painful death.

This storyline sorta reminds me of the one where (please excuse the vagueness, can't remember all the details) some Mafia guy digs up Frank's family grave and pisses on the bones.... the very last page is just Frank, in the middle of eating dinner looking at the TV (which is showing the footage)... and just looking so so so so very angry.

I really felt for Frank there, because other than the look of pure rage, he seemed so normal. I really enjoyed that storyline, cause Frank just went fucking nuts... only this time it was justifiable (in a vigilante sorta way.) Im kinda expecting the same here. And I love it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to track down what issue that unearthing was in, cause goddamn I want to read it again.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif