As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Parliament/[CHAT]adelic

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I remember in like 8th grade they had this youth minister come in to talk about sex.

And by talk about sex, I mean tell us all the horrifying things that are right around the corner if the world continues on it's course of sexual debauchery.

"In 20 years, it will probably be common place for a girl's first experience to be with her brother or father!" /gasp

This was in 1991ish

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I took a picture of a heron last week

I kinda like how (airquotes) bad it is

Sparvy on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Well, now it's my nausea

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Did you know that linotype machines are nuts

782px-Linotype-vorne-deutsches-museum-annotated.jpg

Type on the keyboard, little molds for each letter fall into place. When you type out a line it pours molten metal into this bespoke mold, casting the entire line into a single block ready to go onto your press. Then it recycles the molds and you start on the next line.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    why the hell is there a full panel, easily opened window that high up in an office building

who approved that

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    what if psychobilly was actually good and not irritating?

I like to think the good bands (all two of them) don't use that horrible label.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aMBZ1_4Qk8

Yes

Excellent

They are one of two

Who is the 2nd? The Horrorpops?

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    When I see someone breastfeeding in public under a blanket I always get anxious whether or not I stared too much. Oh god I'm just processing the situation did I look away quickly enough?

Maybe you weren't staring enough

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Man speaking of incest. I was reading some of that good ol' Archie comics last night and

i was not ready for the incest.

I read the start of that zombie Archie comic series and there was hinting at an incestuous relationship between the brother/sister twins.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    courier is the calligraphy of my people

xo6k1fbo6zj7.jpg

haha funny comic sans and line break joke.

dat H doe.

They should fuck with the kerning too

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    a
    desc wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    The "moving on to solid foods" thing, though..... isn't it recommended kids drink milk, still?

Is that no longer a thing?

I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Cow's milk is not a replacement for breast milk. Breast milk is for nutrition of a child that can't eat a proper diet yet. Cow's milk is something we eat as a nutritional supplement.

You don't have to drink cows milk at all once you're eating solid food.

Yeah, but it's still recommended for you to drink.

So why would it be weird for a kid to drink human milk instead of cow milk after 2?

Yeah, i know, i'm being a creepo, i'll stop.

I dunno, why don't more people have sex with their sisters?

because imprinting

next

Imprinting doesn't stop sex. Edit: It can actually cause it since a lot of animals use imprinting to determine desirable qualities in a mate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

idk about the validity, I just remember stumbling across this on reddit cuz ofc there's a huge fascination with incest on some of those subs

Yes

Of

Of course ... ?

are you telling me you've never read the story of the paralyzed teenager that got dispassionate hand jobs from his mom on the regs because he couldn't do it himself

I think there's at least a couple other famous ones from askreddit

organichu help me out here

Arms broken guy. Banged his mom with his dad's approval for years. Literally a meme.
    I think having the power to imagine a story so bizarre it shocks the internet would be too dangerous.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i'm going to eat lunch now

please don't make the next chat about the joys of incest

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    TL DR wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    "Blameless Cleric" use disk utility

the shameful part is like 4 IT professionals here didn't know about the existence of Disk Utility

tbf she is a Mac, why would an IT know about a Mac?

Something I've never understood is the way most IT guys seem actually proud about not knowing anything about Macs. Theyre actually pretty popular machines and have an interesting architecture! Apple's policy of throwing everything out every 5 years makes their OS super modern and a really interesting example of design ideas that haven't made their way to Windows yet. It's cool to see what can happen when APIs are allowed to make breaking changes whenever. Apple's machines are interesting to know about, at least as interesting as information technology gets, and yet for some reason knowledge of them and desire to know anything about them seems to be pegged at zero amongst IT professionals.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    a
    The "moving on to solid foods" thing, though..... isn't it recommended kids drink milk, still?

Cow's milk is not a replacement for breast milk. Breast milk is for nutrition of a child that can't eat a proper diet yet. Cow's milk is something we eat as a nutritional supplement.

So why would it be weird for a kid to drink human milk instead of cow milk after 2?

because imprinting

next

Imprinting doesn't stop sex. Edit: It can actually cause it since a lot of animals use imprinting to determine desirable qualities in a mate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

idk about the validity, I just remember stumbling across this on reddit cuz ofc there's a huge fascination with incest on some of those subs

Yes

Of

Of course ... ?

are you telling me you've never read the story of the paralyzed teenager that got dispassionate hand jobs from his mom on the regs because he couldn't do it himself

I think there's at least a couple other famous ones from askreddit

organichu help me out here

Arms broken guy. Banged his mom with his dad's approval for years. Literally a meme.
    I think having the power to imagine a story so bizarre it shocks the internet would be too dangerous.

The Aristocrats!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    I took a picture while on heroin last week

This is how I read that.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Did someone say twincest

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    I took a picture of a heron last week

I'm all about that heroooon

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Yes

Excellent

They are one of two

Yes

(I would have also accepted The Creepshow)

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I guess my thing is that I think people picture like a five year old breastfeeding and think it's weird (granted), and then just kinda hand wave apply that to a kid on his 366th day of life too. I dunno, seems like yet another impossible societal standard that a woman can never possibly live up to.

Glad I don't ever have to do it.

Or am I?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    r54lwxv4qj9h.png

i love this place

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Six wrote: »
    Well, now it's my nausea

yeah, but I bet your knee stopped hurting, didn't it?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

because imprinting

next

There's more than one imprinting. One of them is exactly bypassing the one you're talking about for certain individuals. It patches in an exception.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    game of thrones also has you covered on the mom breastfeeding for too long

lady arryn probably also fed her son kale and definitely refused to get him vaccinated

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    i'm going to eat lunch now

please don't make the next chat about the joys of incest

Irma S. Rombauer's second, oft-forgotten, much maligned followup book.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Did someone say twincest

Wincest.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    WHAT ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT WHY IS THERE INCEST EVERYWHERE WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOWV

desc did I ever tell you that I'm your sister?

*wink*

Oh

Well according to chat I guess that means last night was nbd tho

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fM2qhG8mA4

this cover of son house might be the most terrifying thing jack white has ever done

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

the shameful part is like 4 IT professionals here didn't know about the existence of Disk Utility

Something I've never understood is the way most IT guys seem actually proud about not knowing anything about Macs. Theyre actually pretty popular machines and have an interesting architecture! Apple's policy of throwing everything out every 5 years makes their OS super modern and a really interesting example of design ideas that haven't made their way to Windows yet. It's cool to see what can happen when APIs are allowed to make breaking changes whenever. Apple's machines are interesting to know about, at least as interesting as information technology gets, and yet for some reason knowledge of them and desire to know anything about them seems to be pegged at zero amongst IT professionals.

because they're a constant pain in our ass!

they don't play nice in corporate environments

and inevitably our experiences with them are either special snowflakes wanting us to troubleshoot their personal laptop/phone/tablet, or got forbid when a department does and end-run around IT and gets Macs/iPads for their people then expect us to support them.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Aioua wrote: »
    Type on the keyboard, little molds for each letter fall into place. When you type out a line it pours molten metal into this bespoke mold, casting the entire line into a single block ready to go onto your press. Then it recycles the molds and you start on the next line.

Got 40 minutes to spend? Watch Sandi Metz talk about her father who worked as a printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOM5_V5jLAs

• Options
    ZKFzRIx.jpg

• Options
    *is SO cool*

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fM2qhG8mA4

this cover of son house might be the most terrifying thing jack white has ever done
    But it is kind of in the middle for things jack black has ever done.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    is that sylfaen font

it's Palatino Linotype

Is that a new jedi?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    As long as we can agree that step-relations are the coward's way out

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

and inevitably our experiences with them are either special snowflakes wanting us to troubleshoot their personal laptop/phone/tablet, or got forbid when a department does and end-run around IT and gets Macs/iPads for their people then expect us to support them.

There's tool that make them perfectly manageable in corporate environments

• Options
    Esteemed Knight of the new Jedi Order, Sylfaen Palatino.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Age probably. Most of us were trained or working during the times before Apple's revival. When Macs were not only a huge pain in the ass, but such a small market share that doing the extensive training to learn them simply wasn't worth the time unless you were specifically going to focus on supporting Macs.

And I think this attitude has filtered down the line. And even now that Macs are perfectly good machines. Their cost and work integrating into an enterprise environment still makes them a small market share. And a lot of IT guys still just learn what they have to to support some business.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

They're only this big of a pain because you don't know much about them! I have to basically blindfold IT like a nervous horse every time my MacBook needs something, because if they see the apple logo, they fly into a panic and kick over a desk and trample a bystander and flee the scene. Guys, it's running Windows! Yes natively, not in a VM though it can do that too! Please come back and join me to the domain.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Can I present an average spearman's r
    like I get a spearman r for every image
    can I average the r to say something about all my images if they are the same conditions?

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    why the hell is there a full panel, easily opened window that high up in an office building

who approved that

architects are the best to hang out with because 99% of things are built in a way specifically designed to piss them off

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Yes

Excellent

They are one of two

Yes

(I would have also accepted The Creepshow)

I lurv The Creepshow

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
This discussion has been closed.