As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm not ready for [Chat]

TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'llI think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
edited July 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
My chat is in my other office guys, sorry.
Here have an airplane
CGfRhcMl.jpg

Bless your heart.
TTODewback on

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    hi again i was having chat withdrawals and almost made a new thread myself

Neco on
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    the new building on campus has a conference room called the "TARDIS room"

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    TTO you're lousy at making OPs.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    is big plane

can you feel the struggle within?
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Is it bigger on the inside?

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Slow, bad

0.7 / 10

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

Some of us have to work you lazy ass pile of rusty bolts.

Bless your heart.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Is it bigger on the inside?

idk but u better believe I'm gonna check

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    Slow, bad

0.7 / 10

average sex/10

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Slow, bad

0.7 / 10

Where's the .7 coming from

Good golly do you start with 10 and subtract

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    There was a 2 minute window for anyone to pull a usurper [chat], nobody can complain about the quality of the OP.

nibXTE7.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

"Have to" work, he says

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    This post intentionally left blank.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

I also work :mad:

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    8a1xfp4klra5.jpg
    Hai chat.

jungleroomx on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    ugh hr informed me I had to do an IDP.

Just got done with that

why the fuck would I do an IDP for a job that is designed to be temporary? I can't develop a career when I don't know how long the bloody job is going to last before I am let go/reassigned/given a new job in the same place with a different title

idp's are for people with a future

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

"work"

Bless your heart.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

As in, I function

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    Eddy wrote: »
    Slow, bad

0.7 / 10

Eddy I have the best rating system

I have all the numbers between one and ten

We'll be looking into that

Great!

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I feel super tired and am having trouble concentrating on anything, combined with guilt for not working when the symptoms are as vague as "feel like a zombie, cannot maintain train of thought."

I want to work but can't make myself, and have little understanding of what I can work on. I'm getting really wound up about progress on my doctorate, too. This is not ideal.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

As in, I function

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdr9n23x0_Y

nibXTE7.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote:
    Macs are evil, terrible, counter intuitive things that don't think you're smart enough to use them.

Seriously, make an html file out of a textedit doc and try to open it. The Mac tells you it was downloaded from the Internet.

Apple is dumb and doesn't want their customers to learn. Booooo.

This is preposterous. So because Apple's anti malware warnings have a bug or two that makes them dumb and against customers learning. Never mind that you can just click ok in that dialog and view the HTML file. Never mind that you can turn that setting off or that Windows has numerous nearly identical silly security systems that trip up people "trying to learn". Or that Windows hides file extensions by default. Windows pulls this shit just as bad, you just don't notice because you use Windows a lot and probably found every last setting and secret registry key to turn it off.

This is a terrible complaint.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    apple is great fyi hth

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I've actually gotten a good night's sleep for the past two nights.

It's weird. I'm so used to that weird paranoid clarity that comes with sleep deprivation while I'm at work.

Macs are frustrating because I am just not used to their UI, since I haven't used one in a decade. I feel weird dropping to shell for basic tasks, and sometimes get frustrated that I'm not better at doing IT like stuff as Querry has a mac, but there's not much to be done about that without just exposing myself more.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I would read a blog where DK reviewed other peoples' complaints, yes.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Slow, bad

0.7 / 10

Eddy I have the best rating system

I have all the numbers between one and ten

We'll be looking into that

Great!

DESC FOR PRESIDENT 2016 WOOO!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    edited July 2016
    Most developers I know use macs.

I like mine but I'm on a PC more just cuz.

this is a third sentence.

Six on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I've got nothing relevant to add to this management meeting in 75

Feels bad man

There was a 2 minute window for anyone to pull a usurper [chat], nobody can complain about the quality of the OP.

I debated it but then did nothing

Like a low information voter

Low information voter is the leftist equivalent of low energy cuck fyi

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I don't like the way OSX manages windows and programs

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I think, I dunno, a lot of the resentment towards Apple comes from the fact that they've always been the computer company most interested in ease-of-use - they were the first major company to come out with GUIS and mice and all-in-one machines, their computers used to boot up with this bright friendly smiley face, they've always paid way more attention to the aesthetics of their hardware and their software than other companies, etc, and I think this creates a sense in some hardcore computer circles that Apple is bad because they make stuff for normies and casuals

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    It'll be exactly two years since I started hrt next week. I keep thinking I might write something to compose all of my thoughts and noticed changes I've felt, less in a physical way, but more mentally and emotionally.

But then I remind myself that would take effort and more importantly, I don't know where I would post such a thing. I mean, I guess I could always just...literally WRITE it all out, but that is SO last willenium.

Neco on
    edited July 2016
    Organichu wrote: »
    I've got nothing relevant to add to this management meeting in 75

Feels bad man

Ask someone a question that makes them look smart and is easy to answer concisely

desc on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I don't like the way OSX manages windows and programs

I think it's honestly the way everything should be handled. Nothing should be writing to the registry or documents or whatever.

Windows programs just dump so much trash all over the system. OSX doesn't need to be 'refreshed' very often.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    It'll be exactly two years since I started hrt next week. I keep thinking I might write something to compose all of my thoughts and noticed changes I've felt, less in a physical way, but more mentally and emotionally.

But then I remind myself that would take effort and more importantly, I don't know where I would post such a thing. I mean, I guess I could always just...literally WRITE it all out, but that is SO last willenium.

Vlog it while playing pokemon go

Whatever the feature is called on mac os where I can swipe my fingers and have a completely new set of desktop windows is slick as shit and makes macs more fun and productive for me generally.

This discussion has been closed.