As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited August 2016 in MMO Extravaganza
10iiiz7.jpg

Legion is now LIVE!

broken-isles-map.jpg

Join in on the fun on the Broken Isles!

Q2NRB7IZC7MB1468341894916.jpg

Level your choice of demon hunters (Night Elf and Blood Elf) up to 110, and see how Blizzard reinvented the class mechanics to create an enjoyable new class.

6jeyoo.jpg

New Transmog system and PVP Prestige system are in the game.

Enjoy new class halls and Artifact weapons.

WoW-Transmog-Sets.jpg

With a new expansion, comes a new World of Warcraft website.

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on
Β«134567100

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    RIP old thread, cut down before its time.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Had to cut out the cancerous WoD stuff lol.

I was just in a 40 minute AV as a destro warlock and got 2nd in damage, most KB, and most total kills. Only thing that beat me was a demo warlock but they get to pad meters with implosion. I would say that it was unlikely that out of 80 people none know how to play, but i dont think i should have been so high on the list. Shadowburn spam spec seems to work alright though.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    To follow up on bobkins post, BM does have SOME mitigation right now in the chance to dodge mastery (love it or hate it, most hate it). It basically guarantees dodges eventually by increasing the chance by itself until you dodge. So if it is 20%, if you don't dodge then it is 40, then 60 and eventually outright guaranteed. I think one talent effects it too.

They also have that wierd passive that makes them get extra healing based on their own crit, which can occur on crit heals as well. Which is really wonky because now all healing to them becomes very unreliable. It makes hots better though, which seems to be the healing of choice for them as they can just pump brew to beef up stagger and let the DOT be countered by HOTs.

I tried BM a few times now, it definitely does feel like there are not a lot of options at the moment. And as bobkins said their talents are really boring compared to many other classes, with little they can do with them to change all that much.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I was not particularly pleased with the new Brewmaster either. No keg toss...! Truly a horrible loss.

I yanked my favorite lines from DotA2's Brewmaster and bound them to Keg Toss in the past with a macro that says them x% of the time. Always liked that but... I dunno I spam the Keg Smash button too much for it to work there satisfyingly. It's a tremendous loss. Spec is utterly broken.

I guess the fact that they feel squishy and low Dps sucks too.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I figured something was up with Pit of Saron last night, I got in on a TW run and we did fine until the last boss who proceeded to one-shot the tank every single time, so his damage is definitely bugged. Apparently some classes are surviving the hits better than others but it's not pretty. On top of that, the spell effects are bugged out making the damaging/dangerous areas practically invisible. We wiped half a dozen times before we all just called it a night.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I ran heroic Utgarde Pinnacle again today and was not getting timewalking stuff this time. I'm not really disappointed, but I'm not going to lie and say I didn't enjoy being able to solo the place last night and get badges in a version of the place where it wasn't supposed to happen.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The timewalking content is super half-assed filler because Legion took forever. It worked out because tanks in WoD were superbeings that could take tons of damage. But 7.0 rolled in, and they did jack shit to retune the timewalking encounters to account for the new tank/healer dynamic. So you have Tyrannus who is doing about 40k damage with his knockback (a tank's health bar) and there is literally zero warning about it unless you go and install dbm plugins for Wrath content.

I seriously just dip if Pit of Saron comes up. Theoretically it's doable, but it'll take like five tries and yeah I'll skip on the repair bill and just eat the 30 minute penalty.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    There's also the problem where maybe half the tanks doing timewalking dungeons know what half their abilities do. I keep running into warriors who don't seem to get that Charge was rolled into Intercept.

• Options
    Actually, for some odd reason while leveling prot gets charge then eventually gets intercept which I am almost certain replaces it, but nothing says as such. Its really weird.

• Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Yea, much to my surprise, DK tanking is totally different now.

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    I liked timewalking. I had built a few sets of gear for each weekend and I got to use my legendary staff again. Now with the complete removal for set bonuses there is no point to having a timewalk set. Why did they just blanket remove old set bonuses instead or just capping their bonus with character level?

Also I have no idea why % based items were always so shit in timewalking. For example my Mage trinket - Tome of Shifting Worlds at 100 is;
    Equip: Fire Blast has a 56.00% chance to also cast a Flamestrike at the target's location.

It is garbage for Wrath Timewalking;
    Equip: Fire Blast has a 3.59% chance to also cast a Flamestrike at the target's location.

Same thing for the legendary ring. I wish they would have spent some more time with item interaction in timewalking. No clue why I should have to run heroics from Burning Crusade in the equivalent of level 70 quest blues when I ran then previously in full raid gear.

• Options
    So I hadn't played my shaman in a few days, but the pvp buffs for resto were pretty significant. I can actually keep people alive and survive a little bit of a train on me.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    those proc chance trinkets scale relative to their max level to keep them from being relevant in future expansions (same reason ratings were implemented to begin with, really)

it is kinda annoying in timewalking though, seems like a more elegant solution should be possible

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The timewalking content is super half-assed filler because Legion took forever. It worked out because tanks in WoD were superbeings that could take tons of damage. But 7.0 rolled in, and they did jack shit to retune the timewalking encounters to account for the new tank/healer dynamic. So you have Tyrannus who is doing about 40k damage with his knockback (a tank's health bar) and there is literally zero warning about it unless you go and install dbm plugins for Wrath content.

I seriously just dip if Pit of Saron comes up. Theoretically it's doable, but it'll take like five tries and yeah I'll skip on the repair bill and just eat the 30 minute penalty.

tbh even getting a group past garfrost is a victory; apparently 'hide behind the rocks until your debuff falls off' is just too damn complicated for lots of folks

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular

tbh even getting a group past garfrost is a victory; apparently 'hide behind the rocks until your debuff falls off' is just too damn complicated for lots of folks

It was too complicated for people in 2009 too.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Apparently the Paladin changes make him an aoe juggernaut. There's an ability that does 50% of your missing health in damage to every enemy surrounding you.

When I died in PVP, I was able to take 3/4ths of health of 4-5 enemies next to me.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Lorahalo wrote: Β»

It was too complicated for people in 2009 too.

Eh they learned. Or as tank you told them. At the end of lunch king it was just running that halls of reflection and the one with James brown over and over.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    those proc chance trinkets scale relative to their max level to keep them from being relevant in future expansions (same reason ratings were implemented to begin with, really)

it is kinda annoying in timewalking though, seems like a more elegant solution should be possible

The cause of this problem is actually their ilvl scaling, not their level scaling.

Because these trinkets come in normal, heroic, and mythic varieties, as well as being able to warforge, as well as being able to valor upgrade, their effects are calculated using a formula that takes ilvl into account. Otherwise, they'd have to make different versions of the item for each difficulty with static % chances.

The same tech powers the legendary ring, because it can be upgraded in ilvl too.

These formulas are obviously tuned around ilvls like 695, or 720, or whatever. So when doing Wrath or TBC timewalking and you're being scaled down to 175 or 95 ilvl respectively, their formula spits out a very low number, so low as to make the trinket worthless. It's not broken, it's working as intended, but the intended use of the system was never meant to cover something like Timewalking.

• Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Given that we have the tech available now, it feels like Timewalking should be re-done using the up-scaling on mobs, rather than down-scaling of toons.

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I got my Glory of the Icecrown Raider, Waiting a long time for this indeed. Probably spent a good couple hundred gold being flung off the platform but eventually let him summon 30 or so guys, then had my pet attack him, smashed up whoever had the plague to get it to jump and won. Also, he dropped the 25th primordial saronite, so I can continue making my clearly useful legendary now.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i can't tell you how many times i've been getting my debuff off on garfrost, only for a tank to pull him back into LOS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I can tell I'm going to hate Eye of Azshara on beta. Only done it on mythic once, and the serpent and final bosses are a just a constant stream of "WHY ARE YOU OUT OF RANGE, STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM ME". I don't get why people run a mile away from the healer and then act surprised when they die.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Shit, that reminds me that there's a artifact quest for doing mythic Eye.

Hrm, I should probably try doing that sometimes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: Β»
    Shit, that reminds me that there's a artifact quest for doing mythic Eye.

Hrm, I should probably try doing that sometimes.

I've done it, it leads into doing Darkheart Thicket then Emerald Nightmare, with the only reward so far being ~5000AP (not affected by research). It's very similar to the legendary quest chain, with collecting x number of doodads and whatsits.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    5000 ap isnt very much

• Options
    Not affected by research? Wtf is the reasoning on that.

• Options
    No clue. Also worth noting that was the reward from doing the first part of the chain, and I don't know what the reward is from the raid part of the quest.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機ηŸ₯γ«ε―Œγ‚“γ γ‚³γƒ‘γƒ³γƒˆγ―γ“γ“γ«γ‚γ‚ŠγΎγ™ Registered User regular
    I know Beastmastery sucks and is a mess but I have been told that the artifact fixes it
    It's just sad and kind of stupid that it needs the artifact

Now I don't know I thought I would do Wintergrasp on my blood elf hunter for a chance at the mammoth and some of the free gear out of the slot machine bosses in there
    It was bugged or something? as I could take the areas but the npc would not spawn for me to create a vehicle.
    So I went and got my human hunter and got into a different realm? as I was prema flagged no matter where I went in the world.
    I won nothing so I thought why not risk it and go to Naxx and press my luck
    I got everything for the cryptstalker expect the helm and belt that's awesome! and damn lucky and also about 200+ more achievement points

But the reason why I thought I was getting ported around different realms was the weekly raid thing in Wrath Dalaran it was instructor Razuvious on one Flame leviathan on another and Lord Jaraxxus on another

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I can't pick a goddamned main for Legion.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Kai_San wrote: Β»
    Not affected by research? Wtf is the reasoning on that.

All non-repeatable quests reward non-research-affected AP items.

They don't want people avoiding the one-time quests until after they max their artifact knowledge.

Which is fair enough, because that's exactly what everyone would do.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Even with the lesson learned about the self buff, paladin tanking remains super fraught, at least on TW. Maybe i should try a regular heroic to see if it's since scaling dumbness.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bobble wrote: Β»
    I can't pick a goddamned main for Legion.

I have the same problem. The more specs I try the more things I want to play. Except enhancement, that feels like crap, but I hear they really do need their artifact to smooth things out.

Elemental seems like it would be really good in dungeons. If left alone in pvp it cranks out damage, but it is so easy to shut it down, and there are pretty much zero abilities to help you survive.

Finally got around to testing my resto druid. I went with the guardian aspect and did a couple BGs. It felt really good to heal with it. Went oom fairly fast, but it felt like there was a lot I was able to do between vortex,bash, and root along side other healing cooldowns.

• Options
    boats and zeps just...stopped working, and instead of doing the reasonable thing and having Captain Placeholder and his glorious crew come back, they're just going to...leave it like this. But it'll be fix soon...ish.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    There are a few mages on Emerald Dream who are willing to port you wherever you want and even go to you to do it if you just RP a little with them. Its always funny to watch. But it is a kind of nice little community thing. Its a decent workaround to the zeps being broken. Setting your hearth to the shrine helps with most of the tranport problems. Doing the inteo quests for the cata portals will get you almost everywhere else.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Is the beta client fucked for anyone else? Every time I try to launch it, it freezes on the character select screen

• Options
    Just tried working fine for me.

• Options
    Yeah beta had a patch but I could play

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    I'm going a bit insane here. I started playing again after a while hiatus since BRF. I'm going through my crafting tabs and the amounts of mats it shows me having to work with is vastly more than I can see in any of my bags or bank. Is there something I missed? a bug? For example I have 100 something hexweave in my inventory and over 200 when looking to craft a hexweave bag. As said there isn't any in my bank.

• Options
    JJ wrote: Β»
    I'm going a bit insane here. I started playing again after a while hiatus since BRF. I'm going through my crafting tabs and the amounts of mats it shows me having to work with is vastly more than I can see in any of my bags or bank. Is there something I missed? a bug? For example I have 100 something hexweave in my inventory and over 200 when looking to craft a hexweave bag. As said there isn't any in my bank.

the bank has a reagent tab

• Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: Β»
    JJ wrote: Β»

the bank has a reagent tab

ah, thank you. I forgot.

This discussion has been closed.