As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm not ready for [Chat]

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    This one is for "Sir Landshark"

vore.jpeg

That, uh...hm.

I mean, if you're into it.

If there's one thing we know about Landshark it's that he's sexually open to anything

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I think it's funny that it contractors now have more union power than I do as a non permanent government employee.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    someone on the MS campus has to be starting the groundwork for a union

they have so many contracted IT people and Programmers and they're all treated pretty shit

the last step before they move their engineering overseas

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I think it's funny that it contractors now have more union power than I do as a non permanent government employee.

don't worry they'll probably never actually unionize anyway ;_;

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Environmentalists here are super against nuclear power as well.

But we get like 50% of our total energy from our own reactors. The environmentalists also don't want to ruin rivers by building dams, and also don't want us to buy energy from Polish coal plants (this is what the real alternative is).

There's a reality bias against doing everything I think.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I just caught a pokemon i had never seen
    It was orange difficulty.
    Kadabra. it was carrying a spoon
    i am the best
    I will name him Spoony Bard

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    someone on the MS campus has to be starting the groundwork for a union

they have so many contracted IT people and Programmers and they're all treated pretty shit

the last step before they move their engineering overseas

MS is dumb, but not that dumb.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

But we get like 50% of our total energy from our own reactors. The environmentalists also don't want to ruin rivers by building dams, and also don't want us to buy energy from Polish coal plants (this is what the real alternative is).

people of all walks of life are generally kind of dumb

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

In that case the only option is shutting down the Carbon Power Plants. Enjoy your rationing!

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    actually let me correct myself - they arent averse to hiring them, they just wont pay them competitively. so they don't get hired.
    gots to pay the premium

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    lolllllllllllllllllllll

my boss just told me to go wake up one of my coworkers who was very clearly sleeping while on a video conference

omg lollllllll i'm dying

Ludious
    Is the coworker an old?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    lolllllllllllllllllllll

my boss just told me to go wake up one of my coworkers who was very clearly sleeping while on a video conference

omg lollllllll i'm dying

Ludious
    Is the coworker an old?

he farts without shame constantly. does that answer your question?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    my english teacher told me the radiation from fukushima is wiping out ocean life all over the pacific and millions of people will die from it

please to be telling her that coal ash from coal based power plants (which the US uses a lot of) puts out more radiation into the environment than nuclear power plants could ever dream of.

Pretty sure the yearly radiation output of coal ash is higher than fallout from all our radioactive disasters too, it just happens in a more more distributed manner, but I don't have the statistics to back that one up.

yeah I got that in there, and cited

I just threw this in

"Comparing the safety of a power plant designed in 2016 to the safety of Fukushima is equivalent to comparing the safety of a Boeing 747 to a World War 1 biplane"

I should probably actually verify that but it sounds right in terms of timescale

override367 on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    the other outcome would be i go all in and get like the centaurgirl one

.... which...centaur girl

This is deadly serious, p10

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Great news!

I didn't wreck our website it turns out the server company is having trouble. The bad side of this is that actually ALL systems are fluctuating on and off.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    5 days until my return to the magical land of yoga, organic small batch artisan kim chee, and 5 o'clock cocktails on the dock which are cleverly referred to as docktails!

It's kimchi you filthy baka gaijin

• Options
    my english teacher told me the radiation from fukushima is wiping out ocean life all over the pacific and millions of people will die from it

please to be telling her that coal ash from coal based power plants (which the US uses a lot of) puts out more radiation into the environment than nuclear power plants could ever dream of.

Pretty sure the yearly radiation output of coal ash is higher than fallout from all our radioactive disasters too, it just happens in a more more distributed manner, but I don't have the statistics to back that one up.

I just threw this in

"Comparing the safety of a power plant designed in 2016 to the safety of Fukushima is equivalent to comparing the safety of a World War 1 biplane to a Boeing 747; in both cases there is approximately six decades difference in technology"

I should probably actually verify that but it sounds right

You should highlight some examples of the differences between the Fukushima and a newer generation plant (the passive gravity failure system is a really good one to use).

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    man I've always been annoyed at environmentalists that are against hydro and how it's not counted as 'green' power

everything we do is gonna have some effect! At least hydro is fairly contained. This river valley ecosystem becomes a lake ecosystem. Done. Now you have power at almost no cost, forever.

• Options
    Yeah the thing I'm getting from anti nuclear anti fracking environmentalists is that we should just get by without using electricity

• Options
    edited July 2016
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_nuclear_safety

@override367 this goes in depth on it, it mentions fukushima a few times

bowen on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    we should just be generating our power with safe, clean, efficient, cheap natural gas

:3

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    hm the nearest MD to my place (health services apparently doesn't open til a few weeks from now) has really good google reviews

BUT

one of the reviews says
    He is not one to write unneeded prescriptions, and I am especially grateful for his sensible guidance about vaccines for my kids. A+.

*squints*

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I just threw this in

"Comparing the safety of a power plant designed in 2016 to the safety of Fukushima is equivalent to comparing the safety of a World War 1 biplane to a Boeing 747; in both cases there is approximately six decades difference in technology"

I should probably actually verify that but it sounds right

You should highlight some examples of the differences between the Fukushima and a newer generation plant (the passive gravity failure system is a really good one to use).

I got a whole page about passive safety systems, simplified and safer than first and second generation designs, and even newer technologies like using inert gasses instead of water (which only exist in test plants, but if we had a new nuclear revolution we'd get all kinds of cool designs)

override367 on
  • Options
    for some reason the govnt is averse to hiring programmers. hell i'm surprised we hire IT people at all and don't just contract it all out. i'm betting it will be that way eventually.
    They can't afford the contractors.

Govt IT peeps are GS-12 and GS-13. Every govt contractor I know who does IT or programming makes way more than that. Some of the programmers I know who work for the govt make more than the SES does.

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    we should just be generating our power with safe, clean, efficient, cheap natural gas

I mean, we will. We are.

but anything that takes CO2 that's safely locked away underground and tosses it into the atmosphere deserves neither the titles 'safe' nor 'clean'.

• Options
    hm the nearest MD to my place (health services apparently doesn't open til a few weeks from now) has really good google reviews

BUT

one of the reviews says
    He is not one to write unneeded prescriptions, and I am especially grateful for his sensible guidance about vaccines for my kids. A+.

*squints*

ಠ_ಠ

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    for some reason the govnt is averse to hiring programmers. hell i'm surprised we hire IT people at all and don't just contract it all out. i'm betting it will be that way eventually.
    They can't afford the contractors.

Govt IT peeps are GS-12 and GS-13. Every govt contractor I know who does IT or programming makes way more than that. Some of the programmers I know who work for the govt make more than the SES does.

And you know the insane thing about it is at least in my agency it doesnt matter. They will pay a boatload of money for a contract rather than just hire someone at a competitive salary. It's stupidity at it's finest.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    5 days until my return to the magical land of yoga, organic small batch artisan kim chee, and 5 o'clock cocktails on the dock which are cleverly referred to as docktails!

gimchi too

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    The guitar solo in this song is godly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQRwcHtQzyg

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

The US would probably use all its natural gas reserves in a week.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*
    BUT BC AUTISM

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Skippy I feel like every time I have seen it over the years with friends who have kids it has been wall to wall Elmo and low end CG

I got mad

Where's all the poor kids sitting on stoops

no it still has lots of good stuff

kids of all different ethnicities, actors and puppets that speak spanish (there is a cute little lamb that only speaks spanish), adorbs cameos by musicians/actors who are on for 2 min because their kids love sesame st (john legend! usher!)

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

ಠ_ಠ

if I call and ask "hello do you support spaced-out vaccination schedules for children whose parents concerned about the safety of vaccines?" do you think they'll tell me y/n

because I'm not giving them my money if it's y

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Seth Macfarlane is a funny, handsome, nice man. Family Guy isn't the best but he is alright.

I saw him sing once. He's a pretty fine singer of the old standards.

one of my favourite things is a story Ron Pearlman told about going to his favourite karaoke place and seeing Seth McFarlane doing Sinatra songs

and Ron Pearlman is like, "fuck you, that's my thing"

so after Seth steps off, Ron goes up and does a song or two

and then Ron steps off, and Seth gets back up and does two songs

and it just went back and forth for the whole evening

Ron Pearlman-chan :heartbeat:

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

...maybe it's someone who was anti-vaxx but then got talked out of it by the MD, and they're grateful for the MD's patient/non-condescending manner or something...?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I look forward to my daily dose of Motorhead, SotAR

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

DEMOCRACY

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Kimmy Schmidt

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    I look forward to my daily dose of Motorhead, SotAR

It is good shit

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

...maybe it's someone who was anti-vaxx but then got talked out of it by the MD, and they're grateful for the MD's patient/non-condescending manner or something...?

I want to believe

This discussion has been closed.