As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm not ready for [Chat]

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    to be fair, "sensible guidance about vaccines for my kids" could mean "yo be sensible and get your fuckin spawn jabbed."

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    credeiki wrote: »
    hm the nearest MD to my place (health services apparently doesn't open til a few weeks from now) has really good google reviews

BUT

one of the reviews says
    He is not one to write unneeded prescriptions, and I am especially grateful for his sensible guidance about vaccines for my kids. A+.

*squints*

...maybe it's someone who was anti-vaxx but then got talked out of it by the MD, and they're grateful for the MD's patient/non-condescending manner or something...?

agree, i find it hard to believe there are too many doctors who are anti-vax

ChelleYeah on
    I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    we should just be generating our power with safe, clean, efficient, cheap natural gas

:3

Propane powered everything

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    isnt kimchi fucking korean not japanese you fucking weaboo seizure inducing dolphin

Bless your heart.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    for some reason the govnt is averse to hiring programmers. hell i'm surprised we hire IT people at all and don't just contract it all out. i'm betting it will be that way eventually.
    They can't afford the contractors.

Govt IT peeps are GS-12 and GS-13. Every govt contractor I know who does IT or programming makes way more than that. Some of the programmers I know who work for the govt make more than the SES does.

And you know the insane thing about it is at least in my agency it doesnt matter. They will pay a boatload of money for a contract rather than just hire someone at a competitive salary. It's stupidity at it's finest.
    The agency I worked for was the same. Apparently before I got there, they had ordered all the WG employees working there to work as much overtime as they wanted, then they could show that contractors were cheaper, then replaced them all with contractors who were way more expensive in the long run. Also they had to hire someone (me) to watch the contractors.

zepherin on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I could think of worse places to be than in a Perlman-McFarlane Sinatra-off

For all his faults McFarlane has a good set of pipes

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    hm the nearest MD to my place (health services apparently doesn't open til a few weeks from now) has really good google reviews

BUT

one of the reviews says
    He is not one to write unneeded prescriptions, and I am especially grateful for his sensible guidance about vaccines for my kids. A+.

*squints*

...maybe it's someone who was anti-vaxx but then got talked out of it by the MD, and they're grateful for the MD's patient/non-condescending manner or something...?

yeah I'd be really surprised just

hmmm

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

Why is that automatically a bad thing?

Maybe they just wanted to know more about the vaccines and the doctor helped them understand why they are safe and a good thing?

Seems weird that it stands out so much to you.

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I'm going out to get lunch now hopefully avoid lunch rush like a baws

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

I want to believe

Believing is the first step towards disappointment
    Never believe in anything
    Eat Arby's

Bless your heart.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Skippy I feel like every time I have seen it over the years with friends who have kids it has been wall to wall Elmo and low end CG

I got mad

Where's all the poor kids sitting on stoops

no it still has lots of good stuff

kids of all different ethnicities, actors and puppets that speak spanish (there is a cute little lamb that only speaks spanish), adorbs cameos by musicians/actors who are on for 2 min because their kids love sesame st (john legend! usher!)

Singing on Sesame Street is the highest honor possible for a musician

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

But you will be very hungry at 4 P.M.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

Maybe they just wanted to know more about the vaccines and the doctor helped them understand why they are safe and a good thing?

really? Have you ever encountered an anti vaxxer?

edit: also yeah what Chanus said

Blameless Cleric on

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

"unneeded prescriptions" is often a buzzword for some pretty dumb ideas about how medicine works

not always though

there's still a chance

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    isnt kimchi fucking korean not japanese you fucking weaboo seizure inducing dolphin

my shit is made exclusively by white vermiculturists with bad dreadlocks and strong opinions about "toxins."

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    my english teacher told me the radiation from fukushima is wiping out ocean life all over the pacific and millions of people will die from it

which global warming, caused by burning fossil fuels, is already doing but

I'm probably going to get an F because this paper im turning in today is about how we need nuclear power, and details in lay terms how much safer gen 3 and 4 reactors are to reactors like fukushima, and even if there was a fukishma disaster every 2 years it wouldn't be anywhere close to the damage wrought by fossil fuels - disregarding global warming

once you add global warming to the ledger the only hindrance is the cost of nuclear power

I read something recently which claimed that, whatever its utility, nuclear power is not really a substitute for other renewables, on the grounds that new plants are extremely expensive and will take a really long time to get online. So, the claim was that even bracketing concerns about safety and waste storage there's not really any realistic scenario where nuclear power can take over in even the medium term, given that nuclear plant construction is a behemoth project that even when done to spec will involve massive capital outlays and most likely substantial cost and scheduling overruns.

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

I WILL LIVE

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Skippy I feel like every time I have seen it over the years with friends who have kids it has been wall to wall Elmo and low end CG

I got mad

Where's all the poor kids sitting on stoops

no it still has lots of good stuff

kids of all different ethnicities, actors and puppets that speak spanish (there is a cute little lamb that only speaks spanish), adorbs cameos by musicians/actors who are on for 2 min because their kids love sesame st (john legend! usher!)

Yeah. The new 30-minute HBO version is a bit of a letdown, but the last few seasons before are pretty good.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

It could also be a doctor who was willing to stretch out the government-approved vaccination schedule. It's pretty aggressive, mostly because a) vaccines are safe who cares and b) most people have bad insurance and don't want to go to the doctor, so they want to get as many vaccinations as possible in as few visits or they might not happen at all.

But if you're not in that group of people who might just stop going to their pediatrician then doing them one at a time over more visits is fine .

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

They usually aren't the doctors!

for some reason the govnt is averse to hiring programmers. hell i'm surprised we hire IT people at all and don't just contract it all out. i'm betting it will be that way eventually.
    They can't afford the contractors.

Govt IT peeps are GS-12 and GS-13. Every govt contractor I know who does IT or programming makes way more than that. Some of the programmers I know who work for the govt make more than the SES does.

And you know the insane thing about it is at least in my agency it doesnt matter. They will pay a boatload of money for a contract rather than just hire someone at a competitive salary. It's stupidity at it's finest.
    The agency I worked for was the same. Apparently before I got there, they had ordered all the WG employees working there to work as much overtime as they wanted, then they could show that contractors were cheaper, then replaced them all with contractors who were way more expensive in the long run. Also they had to hire someone (me) to watch the contractors.
    Oh and I forgot the WG they got off the govt payroll were cheaper than davis bacon, and were hired by the contractors that took over the service.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

I WILL LIVE

rip

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

no they usually aren't!

so

that's why I am squinting instead of being like AAAAA

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    We are currently 14,3 millimetres of rain away from the wettest july in 20 years (247,6 mm is the record from 1995), and there's three days to go and it's pouring

yay summer.

ftOqU21.png
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    I could think of worse places to be than in a Perlman-McFarlane Sinatra-off

For all his faults McFarlane has a good set of pipes

right?

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    my english teacher told me the radiation from fukushima is wiping out ocean life all over the pacific and millions of people will die from it

I'm probably going to get an F because this paper im turning in today is about how we need nuclear power, and details in lay terms how much safer gen 3 and 4 reactors are to reactors like fukushima, and even if there was a fukishma disaster every 2 years it wouldn't be anywhere close to the damage wrought by fossil fuels - disregarding global warming

once you add global warming to the ledger the only hindrance is the cost of nuclear power

I read something recently which claimed that, whatever its utility, nuclear power is not really a substitute for other renewables, on the grounds that new plants are extremely expensive and will take a really long time to get online. So, the claim was that even bracketing concerns about safety and waste storage there's not really any realistic scenario where nuclear power can take over in even the medium term, given that nuclear plant construction is a behemoth project that even when done to spec will involve massive capital outlays and most likely substantial cost and scheduling overruns.

when does the super dimensional fortress crash land and give us protoculture that's what i want to know

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

Doctors can be just as stupid as the rest of humanity.

Being a Doctor doesn't make you immune.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

Thatsthejoke.jpg

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

China seems pretty keen on throwing up a bunch of much smaller nuclear plants that take less time to build

All of this is reasons why we should have started building many new plants a decade ago, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't start building more now

override367 on
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    We are currently 14,3 millimetres of rain away from the wettest july in 20 years

ladieeeees

Trace wrote: »

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

But the vaccines make you immune.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    nuclear plants are expensive because hippies went a bit overboard on the regulations and costs associated with permits and all that

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

I said usually!!!!

I'm trying to have a positive outlook in this world filled with shit!

And what's the price of your territory disappearing beneath the waves?

I get their point, it's not a magic bullet or overnight fix, but what else is there?

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    omggggg lolllllllllll

apparently the BIG boss in DC saw my coworker sleeping and said something about it on the call and he still went back to sleep, and that was when my boss told me to go wake him up lol

@Ludious

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    One of the charts I got here for Fukushima radiation spread shows the entire western united states getting 750 rads of radiation

God I remember that

When 100 million Americans died from radiation poisoning

That was a rough week

man I bet a major lazer concert would be fun as fuck. I'd dance my dang legs off.

BUT

one of the reviews says

*squints*

I said usually!!!!

I'm trying to have a positive outlook in this world filled with shit!

stac pls

Aren't Rads an outdated metric for radiation?

This discussion has been closed.