As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I know Beastmastery sucks and is a mess but I have been told that the artifact fixes it
    It's just sad and kind of stupid that it needs the artifact

Now I don't know I thought I would do Wintergrasp on my blood elf hunter for a chance at the mammoth and some of the free gear out of the slot machine bosses in there
    It was bugged or something? as I could take the areas but the npc would not spawn for me to create a vehicle.
    So I went and got my human hunter and got into a different realm? as I was prema flagged no matter where I went in the world.
    I won nothing so I thought why not risk it and go to Naxx and press my luck
    I got everything for the cryptstalker expect the helm and belt that's awesome! and damn lucky and also about 200+ more achievement points

But the reason why I thought I was getting ported around different realms was the weekly raid thing in Wrath Dalaran it was instructor Razuvious on one Flame leviathan on another and Lord Jaraxxus on another

What's wrong with BM? I thought it was a nice middle ground between the simplicity of Marks and the complexity of Survival.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    it's just undertuned, damage wise. Same with Survival. Marksman is leagues ahead of both.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Erm, please tell me that is inexperience saying marks is simpler than BM? It was the only spec I didn't try (because I just didn't care at all about the hunter changes) but BM was so pants on simple I literally couldn't make it interesting. To each his own in this case, but Hunter is the one class I just have zero interest in.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    it's just undertuned, damage wise. Same with Survival. Marksman is leagues ahead of both.

Yeah, SV and BM get huge amounts of damage from their Artifact, MM gets a lot less. MM is being super carried by its 4 piece, too. SV and BM 4 pieces are meh, the MM one is crazypants.

I predict a lot of MM UBER ALLES people switching when they have to stand in place to cast Aimed Shot again.

edit: MM is also BORING AS SHIT. People say that BM has a lot of free GCDs, but man, you're waiting for 5-6 seconds at a time with MM.

3cl1ps3 on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    Anyone been playing with Rogues extensively as of late? I'm leaning toward ditching my Paladin for him at this point but cause holy shit Outlaw is fun. The only problem I'm having is my huge drop in DPS compared to Assassination, making me wonder if it's going to be viable down the road. As assassination (with my shit gear), I was pulling around 20k DPS once I was able to nail down the rotation, which is shocking to me considering how terrible my gear is. I switched to Outlaw, and after playing around and figuring out the rotation, I dropped to about 16k (on the higher end of the average).

The difference being that with Outlaw, it felt less... exhausting? That's maybe the word for it. Assassination is nothing but keeping your eyes on your bleed effects making sure they aren't dropping. I find myself constantly looking at my SliceAdmiral add-on, just waiting for those bleeds to run down before re-applying them. The damage is very impressive, but it seems like quite a chore to keep everything up and running smoothly. Outlaw on the other hand, is a lot more carefree by comparison, basically I just have to watch my Roll Them Bones as the timer runs out. Other than that it's badass sword swinging sounds and gun shots, which is just awesome.

Anyone have any tips to maybe bump my damage on Outlaw? I've been playing as close to the Icy Veins rotation as possible, but the DPS seems to just be pretty far behind Assassination.

Also, why are people saying it has such better CC? Outlaw doesn't have Kidney Shot, which I always considered a staple Rogue ability.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I'm new to Rogue so I couldn't say, but Outlaw does have Between the Eyes, which seems the same as Kidney Shot except that it does a max stun of 5 seconds instead of 6 seconds.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I went back to BM the other night and after some tweaking, it didn't feel as boring as before. One more ring down, not sure why it would ever give a mage the option of taking the healer ring though. One more to go.

vamen wrote: »
    I'm new to Rogue so I couldn't say, but Outlaw does have Between the Eyes, which seems the same as Kidney Shot except that it does a max stun of 5 seconds instead of 6 seconds.

Ahhh, that's right, I'm the idiot who doesn't read tooltips closely enough. I just thought it was a ranged finisher.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I ran to Sub on my rogues and love it but I miss how I could go toe to toe and walk away from 90% of fights the winner I feel so squishy

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »

Ahhh, that's right, I'm the idiot who doesn't read tooltips closely enough. I just thought it was a ranged finisher.

I thought the same at first!

I definitely do feel like there needs to be at least ONE other attack. I keep double checking my abilities list to make sure I didn't somehow overlook adding one to my hotbar.
    Granted I'm only 93 so I'll at least get one more attack from the level 100 talent.

vamen on
    edited July 2016
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Erm, please tell me that is inexperience saying marks is simpler than BM? It was the only spec I didn't try (because I just didn't care at all about the hunter changes) but BM was so pants on simple I literally couldn't make it interesting. To each his own in this case, but Hunter is the one class I just have zero interest in.

Probably. Haven't touched my Hunter until the patch, and he's still lv 90, and I just played around with him for a little bit. But the Marks rotation seemed pretty simple. Especially compared to Survival. Survival seems like a clusterfuck.
    3clipse wrote: »

Yeah, SV and BM get huge amounts of damage from their Artifact, MM gets a lot less. MM is being super carried by its 4 piece, too. SV and BM 4 pieces are meh, the MM one is crazypants.

I predict a lot of MM UBER ALLES people switching when they have to stand in place to cast Aimed Shot again.

edit: MM is also BORING AS SHIT. People say that BM has a lot of free GCDs, but man, you're waiting for 5-6 seconds at a time with MM.

How? You have a free, spamable focus generating attack, and a CD-less focus dump. But yeah, not much happens with the spec until you get a mark proc.

Zython on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Survival is weird
    it's even more weird being undead as your race with it as it looks like you went totally feral with your pet

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Zython wrote: »

Probably. Haven't touched my Hunter until the patch, and he's still lv 90, and I just played around with him for a little bit. But the Marks rotation seemed pretty simple. Especially compared to Survival. Survival seems like a clusterfuck.

How? You have a free, spamable focus generating attack, and a CD-less focus dump. But yeah, not much happens with the spec until you get a mark proc.

Best DPS with Marks by a big margin is Patient Sniper + Sidewinders, so in between Sidewinders/Marking procs you're only ever casting Aimed Shot to prevent Focus capping. After a Vulnerable phase you're just sitting and waiting for Sidewinders cooldown + Focus regeneration. I found it really mindnumbing when I tried it.
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Survival is weird
    it's even more weird being undead as your race with it as it looks like you went totally feral with your pet

I really like the cadence of the Survival, but I wish it had a 1 second GCD. Trying to keep up with cooldowns and dump all your Mongoose Bite charges when you use Snake Hunter can be kinda hectic.

3cl1ps3 on

Best DPS with Marks by a big margin is Patient Sniper + Sidewinders, so in between Sidewinders/Marking procs you're only ever casting Aimed Shot to prevent Focus capping. After a Vulnerable phase you're just sitting and waiting for Sidewinders cooldown + Focus regeneration. I found it really mindnumbing when I tried it.

Yeah, forgot about how Sidewinders worked.

My rogue is the only 100 I have I plan on playing come Legion. I am leveling a warrior to tank with and will boost a shaman to heal with.

That being said, I just can't be arsed to do anything other than assassination. It just feels too right for me.

My rogue is the only 100 I have I plan on playing come Legion. I am leveling a warrior to tank with and will boost a shaman to heal with.

That being said, I just can't be arsed to do anything other than assassination. It just feels too right for me.

On single targets I tend to agree with you, but it seems like a total shitshow when you have 3 or more enemies. I feel like the AoE of Assassination is really really really bad.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Whoever though it was a great idea to play a sound clip whenever I use deathstrike at Blizzard is the worse. It's not even the same voice my Death Knight has and it's super jarring to hear all the time in Blood.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Against my better judgment I picked this up again to find out what's changed in 7.0

Unholy DK is really really good now???

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I know Legion has a green theme but they've gone a bit overboard with the new map.

sArNkBE.jpg

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'll watch it in a bit, but I hope they don't mess with Khadgar's story in the way that they messed with Medivh's.

'I was super good at magic and then Medivh cursed me to be old but I was so good at magic that I was able to de-age myself again.'

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Against my better judgment I picked this up again to find out what's changed in 7.0

Unholy DK is really really good now???

It's actually a bit worse then it was before the pre-patch...the artifact adds a lot to it evidently.

Death knights are in a pretty good place across the board though, all specs performing as well as each-other and against other classes...except warlocks in pvp especially who are excellent against everyone.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Trying to figure out if that's still Michael Bell as Medivh. The voice has some effects on it that make it hard to tell.

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Javen wrote: »
    I'll watch it in a bit, but I hope they don't mess with Khadgar's story in the way that they messed with Medivh's.

'I was super good at magic and then Medivh cursed me to be old but I was so good at magic that I was able to de-age myself again.'

Didn't bother me at all he's probably the most interesting Player assist NPC we've had...age and it's extension in universe has always been pretty open to boot.

Don't get me started on Thrall however...hopefully he's going to go away in legion.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Every time I see one of those videos, my inner 12 year old checks the title to see if it can be misconstrued in any way. The way "Gul'dan and the Stranger" just automatically changed to "Gul'dan gives himself a Stranger" in my brain.

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Fuck it, I hope they introduce the Fusion Dance to Warcraft so we can really go nuts with NPC's.
    Thrall'dan or bust

Short was cool. I guess they've just completely written out any of the lore with Med'an and the New Council of Tirisfal, though? That stinks, I liked that stuff.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I prefer https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1j2BMPe7L0 as a video about Khadgar. Pretty much everything is his fault.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    The timewalking content is super half-assed filler because Legion took forever. It worked out because tanks in WoD were superbeings that could take tons of damage. But 7.0 rolled in, and they did jack shit to retune the timewalking encounters to account for the new tank/healer dynamic. So you have Tyrannus who is doing about 40k damage with his knockback (a tank's health bar) and there is literally zero warning about it unless you go and install dbm plugins for Wrath content.

I seriously just dip if Pit of Saron comes up. Theoretically it's doable, but it'll take like five tries and yeah I'll skip on the repair bill and just eat the 30 minute penalty.

tbh even getting a group past garfrost is a victory; apparently 'hide behind the rocks until your debuff falls off' is just too damn complicated for lots of folks

I briefly returned to WoW last winter. One of my happiest moments came from doing Pit of Saron - I was the tank, and before each fight and area I explained what was going to happen and what we'd need to do. No wipes. My entire group thanked me afterwards, saying that they'd never seen a POS run go like that before.

I was so super-proud of my old-school Wrath tanking skills.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I visited Zul Gurub today to work on collecting transmog stuff. When I did the boss encounter that starts after you click 4 of the artifacts lying around, I quickly one-shotted the boss. Apparently I did it too quickly, though, because the entrance/exit to the area was magically sealed off as if the encounter was still going. I used my fishing boots to port me to Booty Bay so I could get back in.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    boats and zeps just...stopped working, and instead of doing the reasonable thing and having Captain Placeholder and his glorious crew come back, they're just going to...leave it like this. But it'll be fix soon...ish.

Back in Vanilla, I used to use my Gnomish Mind Control cap on zeppelin passengers, and then jump to our mutual deaths... Only I had a Divine Shield and they didn't. Every so often it would backfire spectacularly, but that was all part of the fun.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Javen wrote: »

"So why is your hair grey?"

"...I'm actually old now."

YL9WnCY.png
    edited July 2016
    Short was cool. I guess they've just completely written out any of the lore with Med'an and the New Council of Tirisfal, though? That stinks, I liked that stuff.

Statistically, someone had to.

Edit: I'm just giving you a hard time. But Med'an was NOT viewed favorably by most WoW players.

Zython on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Statistically, someone had to.

Edit: I'm just giving you a hard time. But Med'an was NOT viewed favorably by most WoW players.

Who?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    The Khadgar interlude was pretty good. Way to go Khadgar.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I don't know, after watching that video I've gone over to the khadgar really sucks at his job camp.

Although in the book for the second game, it takes Medivh and Gul'dan with help from Kil'jaden weeks to make a tiny rip that could barely fit an orc through. Then much longer to widen it into the Dark Portal. Nowadays any old Expansion Boss can summon up a handfull of dark portals in festive colors during patch downtime.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Yay, I finally got the Wintersabre cat mount! 20 days of being in that place, and I don't have to go there anymore.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular

Meryl Winterstorm/Felstorm is the NPC who starts the Mage Order Hall questline and gets it up and running for you.

Wavechaser wrote: »

On single targets I tend to agree with you, but it seems like a total shitshow when you have 3 or more enemies. I feel like the AoE of Assassination is really really really bad.

Actually its quite good. Nothing beats outlaw because that's pretty much cheating, but assassination just takes a lot more work. It is a lot of poison damage though, so if you know you will need a lot of aoe master prisoner might be best. When you get your artifact there is also a talent adding more poison damage to fan.

The part that sucks for most people is you need to keep rupture on around 4 targets to be able to completely spam fan. Then you likely want dfa to get a little more aoe and the 10 second envenom buff

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ugh, some things never change.

Like Honor Hold being under constant attack by bored level 100 characters, and the guards not being able to do anything to stop them.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
This discussion has been closed.