As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [presidential election] is decadent and depraved

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Ok MSNBC, no interviewing holdouts from the Sanders camp.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    "Planting seeds in a garden we may never see" was by far my favorite line of the entire debate. I thought the speech overall was slightly overshadowed by Obama, but man...that line.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I was hoping for more "By My Hammer!".

But I guess just using it works.

Still...

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Oh god, CSPAN phone calls incoming. Dare I even try to listen?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Michelle still blew everyone out of the water, but man, there were some great speeches this week.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Goddamn this is not gonna help your "too emotionally impulsive to be trusted with nuclear weapons" image, buddy
    Trump recalled telling a friend this week that he wanted to retaliate against the people who slammed him at the convention, mentioning current New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio by name.

"I was going to say that de Blasio is the worst mayor in the history of the city, but I didn't say it," Trump said to laughs. "He's a terrible mayor. I was going to say that, but now I won't say it."

Trump said his friend, who he labeled a "very great governor," urged him to stay focused on attacking Clinton, not other Democrats.

"He said, 'Don't hit there. Don't hit down. You have one person to beat. It's Hillary Rodham Clinton,'" Trump recalled, adding that he initially objected to the advice. "I said, 'But I really want to. I don't like what they're saying because a lot of it is lies. Not all of it but a lot of it is.' I said, 'I just really ... it makes me feel good.' "

Ultimately, he said, he conceded and decided not to launch into verbal assaults against the Democrats.

"But every once in a while I still wake up, I say 'boy, I wanna,'" Trump said, growling as he stopped himself from saying more. "Someday!"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/

He really is a child in a man's clothes.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    2nd longest acceptance speech since '84

Damn, did not seem that long at all

Veevee on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Man, the CNN Republican commentator on the panel is really grasping at straws.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    There will be so many balloon gifs made.

Couscous on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    The convention started pretty rocky, but I think you're going to see the last two nights show up in polls next week. Hillary already started to take back some leads in early polling after Obama's speech, I think she solidified and moved her position forward tonight.

And debate season is coming up, that's where she's really going to take him to task. Presidential debates are not primary debates, they are controlled and there is decorum with moderators who are not afraid of Trump. She's going to rip him up pretty good in those debates and I think that will hold her poll numbers up all the way to November.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

"Well, some people say that Hillary is the real bully here."

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

Gimme a taste. Even Jeffery goddamn Lord couldn't bring me down right now.

• Options
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm sincerely glad I got to watch that live.

DO NOT FUCK THIS UP, AMERICA.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    "Planting seeds in a garden we may never see" was by far my favorite line of the entire debate. I thought the speech overall was slightly overshadowed by Obama, but man...that line.

Lin is a pretty good writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJVnqjCaMsk

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I look forward to seeing trump being trolled so hard that he explodes

poo
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

HAHAHAH holy shit I love how that's his takeaway

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

"Well, some people say that Hillary is the real bully here."

Same on MSNBC

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    As good of a President as I think Bill was, he's going to be a hilarious First Gentleman. He has no political agenda to push, he's already been president, he can just be Bill.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular

I thought he wasn't gonna watch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »

That's apparently all he's going to be talking about tonight.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

Fuck yooooooooooooooooooooooooou

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    so, bold prediction time: Secretary Clinton will see some sort of polling bump from this convention.

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    As good of a President as I think Bill was, he's going to be a hilarious First Gentleman. He has no political agenda to push, he's already been president, he can just be Bill.

Bill, Joe, and Tim are going to spend most days on the north lawn working on Joe's Trans Am

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    The C-SPAN phone calls are as bad as you'd expect.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    The pundits on MSNBC still trying to dig for means of making this a horse race when I cannot even begin to imagine how the Dems are supposed to lose with this kind of stark juxtaposition.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    This might be the only time a clown has made me laugh outside of a Cirque du Soleil show.

• Options

WAIT I POSTED THE WRONG ONE HAVE THE RIGHT ONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANMdqh5EkJQ

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Bill, put the balloon down!

They didn't have these big ones for me, though!
    They're even bigger than the watermelons we grew in Arkansas!

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular

Thats a really weird and specific shibboleth.

Also, is there any reason he's fixated on 550% ? I mean, I assume it's from somewhere, since if it was just complete fabrication, it'd be at least 1000%, but what's he misinterpreting to get to that figure?

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

"Traditionally the First Lady has picked a single issue to pursue, have you thought about what your project would be as First Gentleman?"

"Nah, I think I'll just play with my grandkids a bunch on the White House lawn."

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

Sorry, I don't think I have enough money to even listen to a youtube version of that song.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Antoshka wrote: »

Thats a really weird and specific shibboleth.

Also, is there any reason he's fixated on 550% ? I mean, I assume it's from somewhere, since if it was just complete fabrication, it'd be at least 1000%, but what's he misinterpreting to get to that figure?
    Politifact wrote:
    During a Sept. 20 appearance on CBS' Face the Nation, Clinton was asked if President Barack Obama's plan to increase the number allowed into the United States to 10,000 was enough. (The United States had accepted about 2,000 in 2015.)

"Look, we’re facing the worst refugee crisis since the end of World War II, and I think the United States has to do more, and I would like to see us move from what is a good start with 10,000 to 65,000 and begin immediately to put into place the mechanisms for vetting the people that we would take in," Clinton said.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/13/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-wants-let-500-pe/

E:
    Trump's just shotgunning out his usual crap now. "Hillary won't reform Wallstreet cause she's corrupt." "Hillary created ISIS." "Hillary wants a world with no borders or jobs." Etc etc

Poor baby must've had his ego hurt.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    The C-SPAN phone calls are as bad as you'd expect.

I got about 3 calls in before I thought "I should call and tell them what's what"

Immediately turned it off before it could infect me more than it already has.

This discussion has been closed.