As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [presidential election] is done with conventions

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
Thanks to God and the concept time for making that happen.

Talk here about Clinton, Trump, and I guess those other two what'stheirnames if you feel like yelling at clouds is a good use of your time.

Don't be a dick, no cares about your facebook, this is not a twitter dump. Enjoy.

smCQ5WE.jpg

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Winky wrote: »
    Goddamn this is not gonna help your "too emotionally impulsive to be trusted with nuclear weapons" image, buddy
    Trump recalled telling a friend this week that he wanted to retaliate against the people who slammed him at the convention, mentioning current New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio by name.

"I was going to say that de Blasio is the worst mayor in the history of the city, but I didn't say it," Trump said to laughs. "He's a terrible mayor. I was going to say that, but now I won't say it."

Trump said his friend, who he labeled a "very great governor," urged him to stay focused on attacking Clinton, not other Democrats.

"He said, 'Don't hit there. Don't hit down. You have one person to beat. It's Hillary Rodham Clinton,'" Trump recalled, adding that he initially objected to the advice. "I said, 'But I really want to. I don't like what they're saying because a lot of it is lies. Not all of it but a lot of it is.' I said, 'I just really ... it makes me feel good.' "

Ultimately, he said, he conceded and decided not to launch into verbal assaults against the Democrats.

"But every once in a while I still wake up, I say 'boy, I wanna,'" Trump said, growling as he stopped himself from saying more. "Someday!"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/

He really is a child in a man's clothes.

Don't you think he looks tired?

Al_wat on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Andrew Sullivan has to cast his first vote as an American for Hillary Clinton. HAHAHAHAHAH

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Goddamn this is not gonna help your "too emotionally impulsive to be trusted with nuclear weapons" image, buddy
    Trump recalled telling a friend this week that he wanted to retaliate against the people who slammed him at the convention, mentioning current New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio by name.

"I was going to say that de Blasio is the worst mayor in the history of the city, but I didn't say it," Trump said to laughs. "He's a terrible mayor. I was going to say that, but now I won't say it."

Trump said his friend, who he labeled a "very great governor," urged him to stay focused on attacking Clinton, not other Democrats.

"He said, 'Don't hit there. Don't hit down. You have one person to beat. It's Hillary Rodham Clinton,'" Trump recalled, adding that he initially objected to the advice. "I said, 'But I really want to. I don't like what they're saying because a lot of it is lies. Not all of it but a lot of it is.' I said, 'I just really ... it makes me feel good.' "

Ultimately, he said, he conceded and decided not to launch into verbal assaults against the Democrats.

"But every once in a while I still wake up, I say 'boy, I wanna,'" Trump said, growling as he stopped himself from saying more. "Someday!"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/

He really is a child in a man's clothes.

Don't you think he looks tired?

He's been hitting the Trump Vodka a little hard

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    One of the best speeches that wasn't in prime time or from a big name, and it wasn't due to delivery.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z7lN7nQjG0

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote:
    See also: my sig

I am not proud how long this took me to parse, but in my defense there are no signatures on mobile, and I tend forget they exist.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    One of the best speeches that wasn't in prime time or from a big name, and it wasn't due to delivery.

Damnit I was just about to post this.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Andrew Sullivan has to cast his first vote as an American for Hillary Clinton. HAHAHAHAHAH

If only the Presidential race appeared in the fifth column on a ballot instead of the first one.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    So leaving it on CSPAN for a bit turned out to be an..interesting decision. some colorful characters calling in. Including a guy from my area.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    moniker wrote: »

If only the Presidential race appeared in the fifth column on a ballot instead of the first one.

Pretty sure that would be an unfair advantage for Trump

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh, this is one of the speeches I missed because the twitch feed went backstage to show Corey Booker and Chloe Moretz.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

Who was on before him? That dude damn near put some Jesus in this black little heathen heart of mine.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Okay so I had to DVR, just getting to Hillary, but seriously getting Morgan "Voice of God" Freeman to narrate her intro video is cheating.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I just wanna say that the comic which ended the last thread was perhaps your most appropriate thread locking comic ever

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options

Who was on before him? That dude damn near put some Jesus in this black little heathen heart of mine.

Rev. William Barber, who is behind the Moral Mondays movement in North Carolina.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAFZKcYn8qI

This guy was before them.

edit - wait no, Kareem introduced them, Barber (this video) was pretty great though.

Ardol on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

William Barber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPuK1QG6Rsg

He is certainly some kind of epic preacher

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

William Barber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPuK1QG6Rsg

He is certainly some kind of epic preacher

he went full church cadence at the end

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    haha yeah

he works up to it, but you're getting the real sunday morning by the end

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Just got off work. How was Hillarys speech? How quickly do I need to be watching it? It's super late and I'm super tired but I'm tempted..

• Options
    do you guys have good political reporters n such to follow on tweeter

I made myself a new account to curate a politics feed

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I hope this gets made into an ad. Trump is a textbook Bully
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwecRMPa2BM

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    I want a video with just Biff and Trump cuts

• Options
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Just got off work. How was Hillarys speech? How quickly do I need to be watching it? It's super late and I'm super tired but I'm tempted..

Hillary was really good, but I would wait until you can watch Chelsea and the Morgan Freeman intro video and then Hillary all together.

• Options

It's fucking great. You probably don't need to watch it tonight. Some really good lines.

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

Josh Marshall annnnnnnd you're done. Not really, Greg Sargent, Brian Beutler, Jamelle Bouie, Joan Walsh.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    It's ironic in a way, but it's very likely disenfranchised republicans are going to be a driving force putting Hilary Clinton in office. Bizzaro political world indeed.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

Josh Marshall annnnnnnd you're done. Not really, Greg Sargent, Brian Beutler, Jamelle Bouie, Joan Walsh.

Brian Beutler: "If you're reading this and wearing Crocs, please unfollow."

SOLD

• Options

Brian Beutler: "If you're reading this and wearing Crocs, please unfollow."

SOLD

I'm taking minus points from Jamelle for retweeting Scott Adams, because I don't need to see that shit.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    So I know it's a shitty way to sample people but sixty percent of cnn voters said this speech made them more likely to vote for Clinton.

Thirty ish said as likely. To me, that seems like an important number, more so than just who liked it.

CNN now quoting various conservatives who liked it, at least the message if not the policy. Including one who didn't even want their name revealed.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CNN instant poll, these are partisan as more Ds watch the DNC and more Rs watch the RNC

71% very positive (57% for Trump) 15% positive
    60% more likely to vote
    82% right direction (73% for Trump)

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    But how many minutes of applause were there?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    CNN instant poll, these are partisan as more Ds watch the DNC and more Rs watch the RNC

71% very positive (57% for Trump) 15% positive
    60% more likely to vote
    82% right direction (73% for Trump)

56% more likely to vote for Trump's speech.
    6% less likely to vote (10% for Trump)

Couscous on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Is it just me or does Tim Kaine look like Dr. Smith from Lost in Space

wgE1i96.jpgrK3UZCg.jpg

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Tim Kaine look like Dr. Smith from Lost in Space

wgE1i96.jpgrK3UZCg.jpg

aside from the eyebrows not much