As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Last I heard, they just wanted to forget M'edan existed. I think if we see him again, he'll take a sword to the gut or get blown up convincingly.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Then come back as a raid boss in a later expansion and say sword to the gut or blown up convincingly was just a set back. This will happen because they are not totally out of ideas.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    After patch AV is a train wreck. No longer does anyone bypass the first tower and the whole thing turns into a 40 minute zerg fest.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    40 minute is kind of the opposite of a zerg fest.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Fishing while in a 40m raid in the garrison is pretty neat, I managed to snag both turtles and the compass in about an hour.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I got the sea turtle but I've been fishing for a couple hours a day and still no riding turtle. :(

• Options
    What's the deal with the fishing? It's a group drop or something? And meat grinder AV is the best AV. I love it when that happens.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    So now that glyphs are gone (boo), I hear there is a way to get them in scrolls or something? Anyone know how to get Rogue's glyph stuff? All I know is druids can go to Moonglade and get some.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Numi wrote: »
    Fishing while in a 40m raid in the garrison is pretty neat, I managed to snag both turtles and the compass in about an hour.

Why does being in a raid matter?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

It doesn't, I think it was just to make an otherwise boring task social and fun.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

It doesn't, I think it was just to make an otherwise boring task social and fun.

Isn't there a thing where the more people fishing from the one fish spot increases it's chances of rare items...or am I thinking of a different mmo?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    vamen wrote: »
    So now that glyphs are gone (boo), I hear there is a way to get them in scrolls or something? Anyone know how to get Rogue's glyph stuff? All I know is druids can go to Moonglade and get some.

The only Rogue toy is Detection which you can buy from Cravitz Lorent in the Dalaran underbelly. Also, glyphs aren't gone completely, they're just restricted to cosmetic minor glyphs.

reVerse on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Last I heard, they just wanted to forget M'edan existed. I think if we see him again, he'll take a sword to the gut or get blown up convincingly.

No let them forget it's for the best

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

The only Rogue toy is Detection which you can buy from Cravitz Lorent in the Dalaran underbelly. Also, glyphs aren't gone completely, they're just restricted to cosmetic minor glyphs.

Now or in the dalaran of tomorrow?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

Now or in the dalaran of tomorrow?

It's there now.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Deleted. Wrong window!

htm on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Isn't there a thing where the more people fishing from the one fish spot increases it's chances of rare items...or am I thinking of a different mmo?

With the personal loot system, for every special fish caught and thrown back a murloc spawns for everyone in the raid. Everyone gets their own loot from it. Now multiply that by 40.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    The reason you fish in the raid is because the mounts are looted from the murlocs you can summon from the pond in the Garrison with the minnows you can fish up.

Because of the new tag and loot system all 40 people in a raid get their own loot from each murloc.

And with 40 people fishing at once you get a good amount of minnows fished up to summon lots of murlocs with.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    The reason you fish in the raid is because the mounts are looted from the murlocs you can summon from the pond in the Garrison with the minnows you can fish up.

Because of the new tag and loot system all 40 people in a raid get their own loot from each murloc.

And with 40 people fishing at once you get a good amount of minnows fished up to summon lots of murlocs with.

Indeed and while the loot is personal you don't actually have to tag the murloc yourself to get the loot.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I haven't really done any fishing since i resubscribed. I should change that and look for a garrison fishing raid. Or start one.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I was on beta and realized that my priest didn't have all 700s. It was shameful, and I have fixed it.

400 fishing in one sitting is a fair bit of Netflix.
    dfmtkmaftgst.jpg
    The Dalaran of what now?

Nosf on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Man I'm really sad Auctioneer's author seems to have disappeared since I don't like any of the other auction mods as much as I do that one. All the rest have really terrible UIs in comparison.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    dje8kcfrz7og.jpg

So that's a screenshot of an AV I just did. I had a blast and it actually came down pretty close at 0-17. I think I may have cracked the code for how to play demonology. Love how AV is actually a fight now instead of a race. Too bad the npcs will just be normal cannon fodder at lvl 110.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm really curious as to how long it will take before they do an about-face on the new talent system. Or just stubbornly hold out and insist it's good until the next expansion when they change it again.

On the plus side, there are several cases where the talents actually do offer legitimate playstyle choices. Getting a lot of "This does less damage but you'll be fine if you'd rather have more/fewer buttons."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

The cosmetic stuff was all I was really interested in, anyway. =p. Those are done by Inscription, ya?

• Options

The cosmetic stuff was all I was really interested in, anyway. =p. Those are done by Inscription, ya?

Yup, easily got from the AH.

Rogues, unfortunately, have quite possibly the lamest glyphs.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I'm really curious as to how long it will take before they do an about-face on the new talent system. Or just stubbornly hold out and insist it's good until the next expansion when they change it again.

On the plus side, there are several cases where the talents actually do offer legitimate playstyle choices. Getting a lot of "This does less damage but you'll be fine if you'd rather have more/fewer buttons."

Do you mean the switching thing? It does seem a little silly but I think folks will adjust decently quick. The personal tome thing isn't that expensive and you don't need to change talents all that often outside a rest area aside from in raids

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Do you mean the switching thing? It does seem a little silly but I think folks will adjust decently quick. The personal tome thing isn't that expensive and you don't need to change talents all that often outside a rest area aside from in raids

right, but at that point the argument becomes why even have the artificial barrier in place

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I figured half the reason the tomes were put in was to make inscription somehow relevant to players, after the glyph change.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    A lot of the talents are actually really well done, I think some people have picked the worse off classes and assume its always like that.

Some people are still arguing a lot of the bests for the super min maxers. Some people have legitimately admitted some classes can just... choose.

If you still REALLY have negaboners about choice being "fake" then sure, but this is one of the best iterations of choice they have ever had. They all feel meaningful, most are pretty damn exciting, and they are still reasonably balanced. The only issue is there are clear reasons to need to change for situations, but their solution was to give some consumable power to inscription which lost a LOT at this point.

But outside of someone needing to bleeding edge things, the talents are close enough for most classes that you can pick your style and succeed. I tested a lot of the damages with different talents, when I pushed as hard as I could most came out very close.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I think the talent design is great. They make specs more interesting to play outside of the base toolset they're given. I also think that the tome is the second stupidest idea they've had this expansion (behind the camera changes, but that's an argument for another time) and that trying to place a barrier to switching between those well designed talents is absurd, especially when the barrier is literally "Do you have enough gold to buy a load of these tomes so you never run out?".

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I figured half the reason the tomes were put in was to make inscription somehow relevant to players, after the glyph change.

I'd rather they just say well we hate inscription swap your points to another proffession for free.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2016

Yup, easily got from the AH.

Rogues, unfortunately, have quite possibly the lamest glyphs.

That makes me sad. But since I'm only just playing a rogue for the first time, I at least won't miss 'the good ole days' because I have no idea what options they used to have.

I def miss just having glyphs. I thought it added some nice variety to characters. Cosmetic changes really help me feel like my character can be at least SLIGHTLY unique since I feel like, especially these days, class specs all end up basically the same between players. I'd love if they'd add more City of Heroes type options...the ability to vary the color of spells and such.

vamen on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Opty wrote: »
    Man I'm really sad Auctioneer's author seems to have disappeared since I don't like any of the other auction mods as much as I do that one. All the rest have really terrible UIs in comparison.

I don't mind the UI for TSM. I don't use probably 2/3 of the features of the addon. For general auction picking/buying, I also have Auctionator loaded. It's lighter weight than TSM and is a bit easier when I'm looking for specific items (it also searches faster).

It's a bit funny because I thought Auctioneer was getting really bloated, back when TSM was in development. However, TSM has become a rather heavy addon as well. I give the TSM guys credit (I've actually had forum discussions with them over on The Consortium), but thanks to Blizz massively fucking tradeskills the past ~3 years, I didn't see a use for most of the features. Hopefully some of them will be relevant again in Legion.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    Viskod wrote: »

Is that what people are talking about get your mount or whatever about fishing?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I think I'm gonna change to female orc for my mage, they just look so much better in cloth than male goblins, who only look good in about three sets maximum. Female Goblins look significantly better in cloth, but are too thematically different from male goblins for me to like them. (I blame that whole whole Jersey Shore bullshit blizzard changed goblins into)

While it doesn't really matter in practice, the idea greatly amuses me conceptually that a goblin being the one to qualify as the inheritor of the staff of a previous guardian of Azeroth would raise several eyebrows among the characters within game lore - however Blizzard has a history of making cloth look as ugly as possible for them and the new cloth coming in Legion just further cements this fact.

I really think they don't do a good job of modeling items for characters with the "hunched over" look is what it is, which is why I don't like cloth on male Trolls, Orcs, Undead and Tauren either.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »

I don't mind the UI for TSM. I don't use probably 2/3 of the features of the addon. For general auction picking/buying, I also have Auctionator loaded. It's lighter weight than TSM and is a bit easier when I'm looking for specific items (it also searches faster).

It's a bit funny because I thought Auctioneer was getting really bloated, back when TSM was in development. However, TSM has become a rather heavy addon as well. I give the TSM guys credit (I've actually had forum discussions with them over on The Consortium), but thanks to Blizz massively fucking tradeskills the past ~3 years, I didn't see a use for most of the features. Hopefully some of them will be relevant again in Legion.

I have watched parts of 3 different you tube tutorials on how to use TSM, all were rambling and all over the place. I've tried reading the directions, I've learned that it doesn't need to scan the AH( that's great!) but when I go to post auctions it doesn't auto price anything for me, which is why I wanted an Add on in the first place. Also it makes the crafting window much uglier, and seems rather lazy about selling greys to vendors.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah if you just want auto-list at an undercut of whatever you're listing, TSM is a bit too much for that. Go with Auctionator or something. TSM is if you want to make money over the longer term. I made about 900k in the last few months just from TSM stuff I configured yonks ago.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »

I have watched parts of 3 different you tube tutorials on how to use TSM, all were rambling and all over the place. I've tried reading the directions, I've learned that it doesn't need to scan the AH( that's great!) but when I go to post auctions it doesn't auto price anything for me, which is why I wanted an Add on in the first place. Also it makes the crafting window much uglier, and seems rather lazy about selling greys to vendors.

You need the desktop app to have it auto price things, I think.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

Auctioneer is being worked on per their forums (Dinesh has commented on it in multiple places), it's just going a little slow.

Assuran on
This discussion has been closed.