As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [presidential election] is done with conventions

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Illuminati confirmed

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq6RELErOo4

I'll admit, that's probably the happiest I've ever seen him.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I read that President Obama decides what is included in Trump's security briefings.

My instant "OhThankGoodness!" response was quickly replaced by a surge of amusement that Obama could put anything in those briefings and Trump would believe it and repeat it at parties.

My first thought was to put in an innocuous message in the Intel handed to Trump indicating that the water purification system was breaking down at an American base in the Pacific.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Top sheet should be a birth certificate.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    white purple and gold

she should have gone all the way. those are all the best colors!

It's blue purple and black, what are you even seeing

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Top sheet should be a birth certificate.

And then a memo about verified tax returns

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Tim Kaine is doing morning interviews.

I wonder if he'll bring orange slices.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I was thinking Timothy Dalton, but it's more obvious with young Tim Kaine.
    57922e6aa34ec.image.jpg

B....Bucky?!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Cross posting some thoughts
    I really like this
    http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/06/what-hillary-clinton-sounded-like-47-years-ago/485885/

Honestly it was Obama's speech talking about just like how long she has been committed to being a public servant and trying to make the world a better place, despite being scrutinized and criticized for 40 goddamn years, that really helped convince me to get behind her
    And yeah, I have many criticisms, sure, on some of her policies (like some foreign affairs things) and the influence of her donors etc

But like Obama said
    She's human
    And makes mistakes and people change and grow
    And clearly she is on the side of trying to improve the country and the lives of the people in it and has been fighting for it for so much longer than most people commit to anything

Also all Hillary's stuff about her competence and working together(!) to get things done because that's the way things work in a damn democracy
    She knows how to get shit done

poo
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Probably an outlier but there's a tie in a Missouri poll.

"A survey of 625 likely voters conducted last weekend shows the Democrat Clinton with 41 percent to the Republican Trump’s 40 percent, with Libertarian Gary Johnson at 9 percent. The telephone poll, conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research, has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points."

Absalon on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Front page of Politico basically convincing me I should never look at them again.

edit: oh, they changed it. It said "Be Afraid: The Clinton-Trump General Begins"

Delzhand on
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Absalon wrote: »

"A survey of 625 likely voters conducted last weekend shows the Democrat Clinton with 41 percent to the Republican Trump’s 40 percent, with Libertarian Gary Johnson at 9 percent. The telephone poll, conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research, has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points."
    What's the usual (or average or median) sample size in these polls? 625 seems small to me but I'm not familiar with typical numbers.

edit - also Gary Johnson 9% wtf. I wonder why Johnson seems to be getting significantly more exposure or support than Jill Stein.

Kaputa on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Tim Kaine is doing morning interviews.

I wonder if he'll bring orange slices.

No fucking way he brings Orange slices.

Tim Kane shows up with that Dunkin' Donuts "Box O Joe" and a bag of creamer and cups.

...and that's BEFORE he goes out to the car to get the bagels and TWO different types of cream cheese.

You'll offer him $5, sure. But he doesn't want it. You'll get him back next time.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Kaputa wrote: »

What's the usual (or average or median) sample size in these polls? 625 seems small to me but I'm not familiar with typical numbers.

edit - also Gary Johnson 9% wtf. I wonder why Johnson seems to be getting significantly more exposure or support than Jill Stein.

I mean, Johnson was an actual governor with a national profile for doing things and the Libertarian party gets at least a nonzero number of people elected, along with actually being on the ballot in enough states to (theoretically) win.

It's a massively stronger party than the Green party.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Goddamn this is not gonna help your "too emotionally impulsive to be trusted with nuclear weapons" image, buddy
    Trump recalled telling a friend this week that he wanted to retaliate against the people who slammed him at the convention, mentioning current New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio by name.

"I was going to say that de Blasio is the worst mayor in the history of the city, but I didn't say it," Trump said to laughs. "He's a terrible mayor. I was going to say that, but now I won't say it."

Trump said his friend, who he labeled a "very great governor," urged him to stay focused on attacking Clinton, not other Democrats.

"He said, 'Don't hit there. Don't hit down. You have one person to beat. It's Hillary Rodham Clinton,'" Trump recalled, adding that he initially objected to the advice. "I said, 'But I really want to. I don't like what they're saying because a lot of it is lies. Not all of it but a lot of it is.' I said, 'I just really ... it makes me feel good.' "

Ultimately, he said, he conceded and decided not to launch into verbal assaults against the Democrats.

"But every once in a while I still wake up, I say 'boy, I wanna,'" Trump said, growling as he stopped himself from saying more. "Someday!"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/

He really is a child in a man's clothes.

Don't you think he looks tired?

I watched that episode of Dr Who and I still don't know what this line means.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    My twitter feed is full of people basically saying that they were going to vote for Hillary before because she was less worse than Trump, but now because they actually want her in office.

The Convention did a great job of highlighting her accomplishments and what a Clinton presidency could be.

More than that, it made me proud to be a Democrat and I think it united the party as well as anyone could hope. I didn't expect them to someone how coop almost every previous Republican talking point and give them a progressive spin, but its pretty awesome.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Goddamn this is not gonna help your "too emotionally impulsive to be trusted with nuclear weapons" image, buddy
    Trump recalled telling a friend this week that he wanted to retaliate against the people who slammed him at the convention, mentioning current New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio by name.

"I was going to say that de Blasio is the worst mayor in the history of the city, but I didn't say it," Trump said to laughs. "He's a terrible mayor. I was going to say that, but now I won't say it."

Trump said his friend, who he labeled a "very great governor," urged him to stay focused on attacking Clinton, not other Democrats.

"He said, 'Don't hit there. Don't hit down. You have one person to beat. It's Hillary Rodham Clinton,'" Trump recalled, adding that he initially objected to the advice. "I said, 'But I really want to. I don't like what they're saying because a lot of it is lies. Not all of it but a lot of it is.' I said, 'I just really ... it makes me feel good.' "

Ultimately, he said, he conceded and decided not to launch into verbal assaults against the Democrats.

"But every once in a while I still wake up, I say 'boy, I wanna,'" Trump said, growling as he stopped himself from saying more. "Someday!"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/

He really is a child in a man's clothes.

Don't you think he looks tired?

I watched that episode of Dr Who and I still don't know what this line means.

He was planting a seed of doubt and it blossomed quite effectively.

• Options
    Tim Kaine, on CNN, moments ago.

"Before I go, I just want to tell the American public, if you want to learn to play an instrument, try the harmonica. It's ok to suck. In fact, thats how you make half the notes."

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

"Before I go, I just want to tell the American public, if you want to learn to play an instrument, try the harmonica. It's ok to suck. In fact, thats how you make half the notes."

...s-seriously?

• Options
    Enc wrote: »

...s-seriously?

Yes.

They asked him about his harmonicas and he said he has 6 at all times, but they're in his briefcase and he didn't have it with him because he "didn't want to inflict that kind of cognitive dissonance on the American public this early in the morning." He said he will have them on the campaign trail though and would be happy to play at any time.

Then she thanked him for his time, and he said that gem above.

• Options
    I have the biggest smile right now.

Why is this happening

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Awesome.

The tl;dr "I just broke down how this lady is full of fucking shit. Fuck her and the Greens."

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options

DAD JOKES!

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Tim Kaine can't be real. Between that and the Roz story about ice cream flavors, he is already Onion Nice Uncle Kaine.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Awesome.

The tl;dr "I just broke down how this lady is full of fucking shit. Fuck her and the Greens."

the only reason anyone even knows she exists is they wanted to balance out the polls. So if they included Johnson they needed to find a leftist equivalent

• Options
    Tim Kaine Just Wants You To Be Happy

Tim Kaine Wants You To Give It Your Best Shot, Even If You Don't Succeed

Tim Kaine Just Proud Of Who You Are

Tim Kaine Says He Owes You A Lunch So You Don't Have To Ask Him To Cover For You Because Rent Was Due Yesterday And It's Been Tough

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    august wrote: »

You guys are late on this. I called it last thread.

Seriously. Up your pop culture game, mang.

• Options
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/trump-clinton-in-virtual-tie-in-missouri/article_ecbca03a-ea36-5bef-bf8c-fcb817cc7c31.html
    WASHINGTON • Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a virtual tie in Missouri, according to a new Post-Dispatch poll.

A survey of 625 likely voters conducted last weekend shows the Democrat Clinton with 41 percent to the Republican Trump’s 40 percent, with Libertarian Gary Johnson at 9 percent. The telephone poll, conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research, has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points....
    The Post-Dispatch poll, conducted between the national political conventions July 23-24, showed a much closer contest than those done earlier this month by KSDK/Survey USA and Public Policy Polling. Both showed a 10-point Trump advantage in Missouri.

It seems too optimistic for me (this is also pre-DNC) but ::shrug::

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq6RELErOo4

I'll admit, that's probably the happiest I've ever seen him.
    I could see Mike Pence as Blanche.
    I think Putin would have been a better Petrillo than Dorthy.

I may have watched more than my fair share of Golden Girls...

• Options
    august wrote: »

You guys are late on this. I called it last thread.

Seriously. Up your pop culture game, mang.

Sig said it last page brah

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Kaputa wrote: »

I mean, Johnson was an actual governor with a national profile for doing things and the Libertarian party gets at least a nonzero number of people elected, along with actually being on the ballot in enough states to (theoretically) win.

It's a massively stronger party than the Green party.

I don't agree with the libertarians but They have about as strong a ticket as they have had for a while. They are currently on the ballots in most states and should be on the remainders before the election and they are running two known GOP governors on their ticket. Given trump I could easily see the libertarian party at least getting enough polling to get onto the debate stage. I think they get plowed by clinton and trump mostly because they are exactly the type of republicans that their voter base rejected so forcefully in the primaries.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

I don't know how he expects that bus to go anywhere if he keeps throwing everyone under it

also, just last week:

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Motherfucker introduced his wife's speech on day one! He walked out into the crowd to distract from Cruz's turd in the punchbowl!

Christ, what an ignorant asshole.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Guys, you can bet that if Trump produced the show, it would have been so great. Greater than any convention ever. Much better than Hillary's. You wouldn't believe how great, it would make your head spin, believe me. Sad.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

I don't know how he expects that bus to go anywhere if he keeps throwing everyone under it
    This saying is amazing, and I'm going to steal it and use it in the future.

It's going into government meetings at a minimum, but I have plans for it.

• Options
    If Trump wins I can only imagine how much of his nonsense we'll have to listen to. Imagine a egotist of this caliber in a position where literally the whole world has to pay attention everytime he speaks.

I foreseeing daily press conferences where he just bitches about everything and everyone who wronged him the day before,.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I was at the gym this morning and saw Tim Kaine being interviewed on CNN. No sound, but there were subtitles, so I'd occasionally watch and read them. They threw a bunch of the twitter jokes about him and he said that his son showed them to him and they were up until 2 AM, laughing hysterically.

This discussion has been closed.