As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I don't want to imply that I'm not interested in making $Texas just that this add on is inscrutable.
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    Man I'm really sad Auctioneer's author seems to have disappeared since I don't like any of the other auction mods as much as I do that one. All the rest have really terrible UIs in comparison.

I don't mind the UI for TSM. I don't use probably 2/3 of the features of the addon. For general auction picking/buying, I also have Auctionator loaded. It's lighter weight than TSM and is a bit easier when I'm looking for specific items (it also searches faster).

It's a bit funny because I thought Auctioneer was getting really bloated, back when TSM was in development. However, TSM has become a rather heavy addon as well. I give the TSM guys credit (I've actually had forum discussions with them over on The Consortium), but thanks to Blizz massively fucking tradeskills the past ~3 years, I didn't see a use for most of the features. Hopefully some of them will be relevant again in Legion.

I have watched parts of 3 different you tube tutorials on how to use TSM, all were rambling and all over the place. I've tried reading the directions, I've learned that it doesn't need to scan the AH( that's great!) but when I go to post auctions it doesn't auto price anything for me, which is why I wanted an Add on in the first place. Also it makes the crafting window much uglier, and seems rather lazy about selling greys to vendors.

You need the desktop app to have it auto price things, I think.

I thought that could result in an account ban.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I mean the desktop app is how it gets the prices. The addon still enters them ingame.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I just use The Undermine Journal and keep an eye out for upcoming changes.

What I normally do is find things that aren't listed and farm of a few stacks of whatever, overprice and sell. Lot more gold out there than there is patience.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    Man I'm really sad Auctioneer's author seems to have disappeared since I don't like any of the other auction mods as much as I do that one. All the rest have really terrible UIs in comparison.

I don't mind the UI for TSM. I don't use probably 2/3 of the features of the addon. For general auction picking/buying, I also have Auctionator loaded. It's lighter weight than TSM and is a bit easier when I'm looking for specific items (it also searches faster).

It's a bit funny because I thought Auctioneer was getting really bloated, back when TSM was in development. However, TSM has become a rather heavy addon as well. I give the TSM guys credit (I've actually had forum discussions with them over on The Consortium), but thanks to Blizz massively fucking tradeskills the past ~3 years, I didn't see a use for most of the features. Hopefully some of them will be relevant again in Legion.

I have watched parts of 3 different you tube tutorials on how to use TSM, all were rambling and all over the place. I've tried reading the directions, I've learned that it doesn't need to scan the AH( that's great!) but when I go to post auctions it doesn't auto price anything for me, which is why I wanted an Add on in the first place. Also it makes the crafting window much uglier, and seems rather lazy about selling greys to vendors.

You need the desktop app to have it auto price things, I think.

The desktop app just gives you pricing data. To auto-list, you need to set up operations for every item group you want to list. You can't just go to the auction house, put an item up and go "Oi list this at a 1g undercut" without going into the menu and either adding it to a group (if you don't have it in there already) or assign an operation to the group it's in. It's real fiddly for just that kinda stuff, but works wonder if you're planning on constantly selling a specific set of items.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    After patch AV is a train wreck. No longer does anyone bypass the first tower and the whole thing turns into a 40 minute zerg fest.

An AV where people actually fight each other? INCONCEIVABLE!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I remember where it lasted for days
    Where it was dishonorable to attack those who got bored and were fishing

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Old av was basically wargames. It wasnt cross server so there were stakes when rival guilds were trying to beat each other. I wish that at 110 they buff the npcs up to like 120 because making them matter makes the bg actually interesting.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I remember where it lasted for days
    Where it was dishonorable to attack those who got bored and were fishing

I remember fighting in AV, logging off to sleep, and getting up the next day to log back in to the same AV.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I remember logging in Saturday mornings with my hunter or warrior at the time and getting into AV. I'd be there all day, at lunch or dinner I'd go start a sandwich and come back every minute or so to jiggle the mouse, to make sure I didn't get knocked out of the match. At least once, the fighting went all day and into the night before we managed to win. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like that, but I remember it really fondly.

It was a time when people pvp'd for pvp's sake instead of getting jerked off with free gear every couple of wins. In the original pvp system you wouldnt even be able to buy new gear for a week even if you got enough honor to rank up. And even then you would still be gated to only a couple pieces until you got more ranks.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    It was a time when people pvp'd for pvp's sake instead of getting jerked off with free gear every couple of wins. In the original pvp system you wouldnt even be able to buy new gear for a week even if you got enough honor to rank up. And even then you would still be gated to only a couple pieces until you got more ranks.

Back when you had to go tethered to the computer without sleep for days on end with a premade group made specifically to support you just to get the remotest chance of reaching warlord that week.

Yeah, they were real halcyon days.

The grand marshal system was a pile of shit that encouraged people to arranage lists of who would be the server's grand marshal that week.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    WoW requiring all your waking hours was great when we were all college and high school students with that kind of time.

Most of the people who played during those days are adults now, and WoW has become much more adult schedule friendly.

also fuck the original PvP ranking system right in its ass.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »
    The reason you fish in the raid is because the mounts are looted from the murlocs you can summon from the pond in the Garrison with the minnows you can fish up.

Because of the new tag and loot system all 40 people in a raid get their own loot from each murloc.

And with 40 people fishing at once you get a good amount of minnows fished up to summon lots of murlocs with.

Is that what people are talking about get your mount or whatever about fishing?

Yeah, probably. I just did this today. I found a group, whispered my Draenor Angler achievement to the leader, and requested to join. I already had the turtle from WotLK, but the Riding Turtle from the card game dropped for me within 45 minutes. I was pretty lucky!

I stuck around for a while because those cavedwellers are a reasonable source for Nat Pagle coins.

Also, so much worm supreme bait acquired from those things.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Yeah, honor system 1.0 was dumb as hell. Yeesh.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Getting the top few ranks was stupid, but you could get most of the gear well before then. It was also something to work towards, which the game currently does not have for pvp. Also, it hasn't been much different with botting and wintrading at top levels of arenas and rbgs. There just isn't a gamewide list people are working off of. By design it wasn't a rank everyone would hit, just like in any real military, there are more people at the bottom than the top. It was just something to distinguish yourself with, since you could get comparable if not better gear from raiding.

Seems people are still buying the crafted trinket upgrades, sold the first tier felblight one for ~10k. Tomes of Illusion don't seem to sell for shit though and cloth shirt sales have dried up.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I was in <Knights of Arcadia> for 9 years because I answered Dudefella's call to rank up under the old Honor system. Sure looking back on the game now it's easy to say how shitty those systems were, but goddammit I had fun!

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kai_San wrote: »
    If you still REALLY have negaboners about choice being "fake" then sure, but this is one of the best iterations of choice they have ever had. They all feel meaningful, most are pretty damn exciting, and they are still reasonably balanced. The only issue is there are clear reasons to need to change for situations, but their solution was to give some consumable power to inscription which lost a LOT at this point.
    This is false so long as they have the stupid "AoE or X" talents. Or similar things like Monk's "So is the boss doing magic or physical damage?"

YL9WnCY.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The only useful thing about today's Q&A:

Demon Hunters will be able to talk cross-faction with Demonic.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    And apparently demon hunter early access starts in the 9th.

Javen wrote: »

Also Panderan can talk cross-faction as of 7.0

YL9WnCY.png
    You would think undead should be able to talk to humans too.

It is funny how all the leaders in WoW a speak the same language. Even just about every single boss in the game speaks their language!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Seems really weird that they are going to randomly let races/classes talk to eachother. Is there a special vetting process that these characters go through to ensure they are mature enough not to abuse it?

If its for lore reasons than what the hell is everyone speaking in every cut-scene where the faction leaders all work together to kill the boss for the weak players? Why don't the players learn how to speak that language?

Just weird.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Enigmedic wrote: »
    You would think undead should be able to talk to humans too.
    The problem with this is that humans speak common, so it means that Undead can freely communicate cross-faction. With Demon Hunters and Panderan you have one class able to cross communication with the same class, or likewise but with one race.

YL9WnCY.png
    I'm less concerned about talking cross-faction, and more concerned with being a huge dumb lore nerd, who was angry when making a DH in the beta and finding that they couldn't speak demonic.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If you still REALLY have negaboners about choice being "fake" then sure, but this is one of the best iterations of choice they have ever had. They all feel meaningful, most are pretty damn exciting, and they are still reasonably balanced. The only issue is there are clear reasons to need to change for situations, but their solution was to give some consumable power to inscription which lost a LOT at this point.
    This is false so long as they have the stupid "AoE or X" talents. Or similar things like Monk's "So is the boss doing magic or physical damage?"

Yeah, the talents were designed when you could freely switch so having an AoE talent and a single target talent on the same row made sense. When they changed it so you couldn't switch freely they didn't re-design/rearrange the talents, meaning it feels like a punishment when you change talents even though they're designed around doing just that.

At this point I think they should cut their losses with Inscription and just merge it with Jewelcrafting and call the new craft Tinkering or something instead of fucking with the talent system to try and give it some form of viability.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    So that is 3 weeks to gear up with invasions ( they come with the dh). I'm through with all these other things. Getting screwed left and right in lfr and kazzak. I got in so deep with stuff i forgot the whole reason i wanted gear in the first place, which was to be able to get into mythic dungeon groups for the heirloom trinket.

• WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    MC and BWL and all those old raids still have the weekly timer reset correct?

Pulling my hair out with this shit, second week in the row where nothing but Bloodfang drops for my Paladin, and nothing but Judgement drops for my Rogue... I have gotten a single piece of actual armor for the correct character (gauntlets, yay...) after four runs.

Oh and running all the way through MC just for a shot at his Judgement / Bloodfang drops is pretty annoying. Why did they have to make the 2 coolest looking sets also the most annoying to obtain?

So that is 3 weeks to gear up with invasions ( they come with the dh). I'm through with all these other things. Getting screwed left and right in lfr and kazzak. I got in so deep with stuff i forgot the whole reason i wanted gear in the first place, which was to be able to get into mythic dungeon groups for the heirloom trinket.

If you have a lot of gold/mats, crafted gear can be a big help, Timewalking gets you iLvl 660/675 gear, and you can try to grab some Normal runs through raid finder (usually less of a clusterfuck than LFR).

Wavechaser wrote: »

Pulling my hair out with this shit, second week in the row where nothing but Bloodfang drops for my Paladin, and nothing but Judgement drops for my Rogue... I have gotten a single piece of actual armor for the correct character (gauntlets, yay...) after four runs.

Oh and running all the way through MC just for a shot at his Judgement / Bloodfang drops is pretty annoying. Why did they have to make the 2 coolest looking sets also the most annoying to obtain?

Yep, they all reset on Tuesdays. Except for the lesser Ahn'Qiraj instance, which now resets every day like a heroic dungeon.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

Please tell me this also means Arcane Linguist mages will be able talk to them via demonic.

This seems like a lot of effort to go through just to yell "kek" to the other faction.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Yeah, it takes a while to build up the complete sets, just sell the rest and enjoy the extra gold at least.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I remember the old PvP system from Shadowmoon. The Grand Marshal was Pizzadog, because he never ever stopped playing due to many family members taking turns.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    are there any good standalone addons for handling the minimap? Lots of addon packages seem to have custom maps, but the only standalone addon I could find of any popularity was sexymap and it doesn't seem to have many options.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Anyone else planning to main Vengeance DH in Legion?

Anyone else planning to main Vengeance DH in Legion?

I am.

Random question here. I understand that if I quest on my warrior to unlock the transmog items I only unlock the plate appearances, but what about the weapons? If I'm protection and the quest rewards had me select from a bow, a one-handed axe, a two-handed mace, and a staff, do I get all four because I can equip all four, or just the one-handed axe?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
This discussion has been closed.