As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's get ready to [Hearthstone]! Tournament Details in OP

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Yea, but you probably wouldn't want to silence any of those minions.

Yeah but you could build the deck in other ways. Maybe a priest deck with fatties and two copies of Silence would work?

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    www.hearthpwn.com isnt a bad mobile site.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Cantido wrote: »
    As an outspoken Rogue critic, I'm not gonna judge the entire direction for the class based on one card...but BOY Blizzard has no idea what they're doing with Rogue if that's their first announced hype card

e: Opinion: Overload should have been a Rogue mechanic, and it should have been named "Cheat"

Rogue spends enough turns doing nothing in preparation for the turn afterward, such as Prep Sprint. Its reverse-Overload in that sense.

Is there any rogue deck that actually wants to play prep + sprint ?

that seems like something i've played in Desperate Times.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ...maybe it's just me, but the fact that a swords n' sorcery game just revealed a disco-based expansion is at least 30 percent of why I keep playing.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Also, it's pretty much guaranteed that this adventure is going to be crazy-go-nuts.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Is there a mobile friendly place to see the new cards?

http://imgur.com/a/jxxRH

@envoy1

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Also, it's pretty much guaranteed that this adventure is going to be crazy-go-nuts.

I predict at least one fight will be a dance-off.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Funky disco Karazhan.

That is amazing.

Say what you will about the mechanical design of the game, but it has got some pretty hilariously creative ideas.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I do like that the Hearthstone team managed to surprise us even though we knew it was going to be a Karazhan-themed adventure.

I don't think anyone was quite predicting a glitzy gatsby-esque theme.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Ethereal Peddler is hot garbage. A Pit Fighter that combos with Burgle/Huckster/Journey is dubious.

Journey won't combo with it unless you get another Huckster. Discover won't give you cards not of your class.

Grand Crusader and Nefarian will work with it though.

Still hot garbage, unless they have another card for this adventure set that works with it in some unfathomably awesome way.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I wonder if Neutral is considered to be a class or not by the game engine.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Streaked from rank 7 to rank 5 tonight on the back of dragon warrior. The deck is stupid good. I'm using this list:

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/dragon-warrior-standard-meta-snapshot-july-17-2016

but -1 inner rage -1 first mate +1 slam +1 arcanite reaper.

I just used your deck to streak from 8 to 5 with an 8-0 record against 4 Warriors (mixture of Dragon, C'thun, Control), Lock (Zoo), Mage (Tempo), Hunter (Mid). I thought I wouldn't hit 5 this season but Golden Epic here I come.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Streaked from rank 7 to rank 5 tonight on the back of dragon warrior. The deck is stupid good. I'm using this list:

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/dragon-warrior-standard-meta-snapshot-july-17-2016

I just used your deck to streak from 8 to 5 with an 8-0 record against 4 Warriors (mixture of Dragon, C'thun, Control), Lock (Zoo), Mage (Tempo), Hunter (Mid). I thought I wouldn't hit 5 this season but Golden Epic here I come.

Yup, that's basically the deck I've been playing but swapping out the first mate for a second slam like you listed.

Removing the inner rage for a reaper is interesting though. On the one hand, if you've got an early board lead the reaper helps you keep it while threatening lethal damage on the next turn. On the other hand, the corrupter can basically do the same thing for most minions pre-turn 5 while putting another body on the board. I think I'd still rather have the inner rage as two extra damage for 0 mana, a ping for controlling board, or a turn 8 activator for grom, but I'm interested in how you've seen it working out.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to see anywhere if we know what the gold price/wing is.

• Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    I don't have the epic 4 cost dragon from TGT, I put in the 3/5 dragon from BRM that gets +1/+1 whenever you target it with a spell. I could maybe put in a twilight drake or midnight drake or whatever they're called? ATM it's a 3/5 with possibly buffed from ichor/inner rage vs a 3/6 taunt if I went and crafted two of those.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Kolosus wrote: »
    I haven't been able to see anywhere if we know what the gold price/wing is.
    Pricing on adventures has never changed previously, aside from the fact that LoE has 4 wings to Naxx and BRM's 5, doubt that would change this time around.

700 gold per wing. $19.99 for 4 wings, $14.99 for 3, $9.99 for 2 and $6.99 individually.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    ShadowofVT wrote: »

Yup, that's basically the deck I've been playing but swapping out the first mate for a second slam like you listed.

Removing the inner rage for a reaper is interesting though. On the one hand, if you've got an early board lead the reaper helps you keep it while threatening lethal damage on the next turn. On the other hand, the corrupter can basically do the same thing for most minions pre-turn 5 while putting another body on the board. I think I'd still rather have the inner rage as two extra damage for 0 mana, a ping for controlling board, or a turn 8 activator for grom, but I'm interested in how you've seen it working out.

I usually swing face with it twice for lethal. A few weeks ago people were running Malkorok. I copied one of those decklists, but since I don't have him I swapped him with the reaper.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My idea to make the new Rogue card work:

8f4tn8fdhvk9.png

Going first: Huckster, Burgle, Debt Collector, Ethereal Peddler hits 4 cards.
    Going second: Huckster, Coin -> Debt Collector, Debt Collector, Ethereal Peddler hits 4 cards.

Even if you can't curve out perfectly, it's a perfectly fine 4 drop at any point in the game.

a.png 356.9K
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Hunter card, 2 mana 1/1 deathrattle: summon a 3/2 beast.

Important, first half is a beast too

Druid gets a 1 mana 2/2 beast
    Neutral 7 mana 4/6 taunt, battlecry: draw a murloc, beast, and dragon from your deck, legendary
    Neutral 4 mana 3/4, battlecry: summon a 1/1 copy of a minion in your deck, legendary
    Rogue 5 5/6, battlecry: reduce the cost of all cards from different classes in your hands by 2
    Mage 7 mana spell, deal 5 summon a random five drop

Druid card is great (not seeing it just what was posted). Aggro druid needs 1 mana beast drop. That deck is now twice as good. Exciting.

Neutral is draw taunt could be amazing. Fits into maly lists

• Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    As an outspoken Rogue critic, I'm not gonna judge the entire direction for the class based on one card...but BOY Blizzard has no idea what they're doing with Rogue if that's their first announced hype card

e: Opinion: Overload should have been a Rogue mechanic, and it should have been named "Cheat"

Rogue spends enough turns doing nothing in preparation for the turn afterward, such as Prep Sprint. Its reverse-Overload in that sense.

Is there any rogue deck that actually wants to play prep + sprint ?

that seems like something i've played in Desperate Times.

Prep + Sprint was a pretty standard oil rogue move, and never something you were particularly happy to see playing against one, unless you already had them on the ropes.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    ShadowofVT wrote: »

It's a card that I actually saw only once (I actually that maybe I had forgotten to put it in) during my streak and against the zoo. It was a way to get past their taunts (Zoo drew both Defenders in the first 7 turns) and leave up my minions. I can see either as a good thing though.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

8f4tn8fdhvk9.png

Going second: Huckster, Coin -> Debt Collector, Debt Collector, Ethereal Peddler hits 4 cards.

Even if you can't curve out perfectly, it's a perfectly fine 4 drop at any point in the game.

That seems under costed and/or over statted for a fairly strong ongoing effect.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I guess it could be a 3/4 instead. Anything less than that makes it unplayable.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

8f4tn8fdhvk9.png

A 4 mana Ysera with a reasonable body? Yeah everyone would play that card.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Make it a 1/8! Or a 4/1 with stealth!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

It should be probably a 5 mana 3/4. It draws a card every single turn, that's fucking bonkers.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    man if only the raven had stealth...

over the line of course, but DAMN it would be soooo good

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Or make it a 3/6 and make the effect symmetrical, a la spellslinger.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Bee tee dubs, requoting myself here cause I WAS RIGHT
    Dibby wrote: »
    So this video has been making the rounds again, because Ben Brode mistakenly said LoE would rotate out in 2018 rather than the intended 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6DBRbRUQ1U

But it does kinda semi-confirm that there will be 2 Adventures this year, right?

Look at the way the "decks" are added in. The first one is added to 2016 and then there's a pause (Old Gods). Then the other two get added later. PRESUMABLY, Adventures.

My guess is that we're going to get an Adventure announcement Soon™, followed by another at Blizzcon. Old Gods was released April 26th, right? So... maybe we'll get the first Adventure sometime in July/August?

There is 100% going to be an Adventure announcement at Blizzcon. But I also can't imagine we'll go THAT far between releases.

Let's look back a bit. BRM was released April 2nd 2015, TGT was released August 24th 2015, and League of Explorers was released on November 12th 2015. So, that actually lines up with my theory. OG = April, 1st Adventure = August, 2nd Adventure = November.

So now we just need a 2nd Adventure announcement at Blizzcon and I'll be a fuckin' wizard

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Nearly brainfarted myself out of a lethal. Completely forgot for a moment that Abomination does 2 damage to all Characters, not just minions.

My opponent was at 2 health when they dropped it. Well, that's a 3rd win on my arena card I nearly missed.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    God we're going to get 2 cards a day until release aren't we god damn it Blizzard whyyy

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    God we're going to get 2 cards a day until release aren't we god damn it Blizzard whyyy

Seems to be a working marketing strategy. Gets people hype and coming back to their social media each day to see new cards.

• Options
    So I hadn't played Arena on my main account in close to two years. Previous best was a 5 win key and had 21 arena wins total.

I hit 150 gold and decided to give it a go. Somehow managed to recover from 3-2 to 7-2 making this easily my best run.

My rewards:
    zESmwQV.jpg
    Free run I guess?

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    So I hadn't played Arena on my main account in close to two years. Previous best was a 5 win key and had 21 arena wins total.

I hit 150 gold and decided to give it a go. Somehow managed to recover from 3-2 to 7-2 making this easily my best run.

My rewards:
    zESmwQV.jpg
    Free run I guess?

The gold is typical, if I remember correctly 7 wins is the start of being able to do infinite runs. It's been a while since I was heavy into arena.

But yeah, a non-gold common is a pretty unlucky random reward for 7 wins. If it was gold maybe that would have felt better.

• Options
    I really love these announcements that follow with "and it's coming in two weeks" or whatever short period of time.

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    that peddler would have been better as a priest card. but i guess the mind and thought steal cards don't always give class cards.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I just drafted a pretty funny Hunter deck for Arena.
    y1zmejl772zf.jpg

If this doesn't go at least 7 wins I'm gonna be pretty upset :bigfrown:

wtf.jpg 455.5K
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I imagine all the posters I saw on hearthpwn arguing that the next expansion probably wasn't going to be Karazhan are probably quietly deleting old posts now.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Bee tee dubs, requoting myself here cause I WAS RIGHT
    So this video has been making the rounds again, because Ben Brode mistakenly said LoE would rotate out in 2018 rather than the intended 2017:

But it does kinda semi-confirm that there will be 2 Adventures this year, right?

Look at the way the "decks" are added in. The first one is added to 2016 and then there's a pause (Old Gods). Then the other two get added later. PRESUMABLY, Adventures.

My guess is that we're going to get an Adventure announcement Soon™, followed by another at Blizzcon. Old Gods was released April 26th, right? So... maybe we'll get the first Adventure sometime in July/August?

There is 100% going to be an Adventure announcement at Blizzcon. But I also can't imagine we'll go THAT far between releases.

Let's look back a bit. BRM was released April 2nd 2015, TGT was released August 24th 2015, and League of Explorers was released on November 12th 2015. So, that actually lines up with my theory. OG = April, 1st Adventure = August, 2nd Adventure = November.

So now we just need a 2nd Adventure announcement at Blizzcon and I'll be a fuckin' wizard
    Wait, did they already change their minds on the "1 adventure and 2 expansions per year" plan? I haven't really been paying much attention to HS news.

forty on
  • Options
    I really wouldn't hold Blizzard to any strict release schedules, since they've got a "when it's done" mentality and they're not shy about chucking things and starting over when they don't work.