As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, July 29, 2016 - Nickneigh

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, July 29, 2016 - Nickneigh

Nickneigh

Nickneigh

http://campcomic.com/comic/339

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    walk carefully when you are about to make remarks like that.

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Why do so many girls like horses?
    I knew several that were obsessed with them.
    I understand a lot of boy/girl things are rooted in ideas of masculinity and femininity, but horses?
    Why horses?

• KantokenKantoken Registered User new member
    I had such high hopes for Katie after StripSearch, but I'm starting to wonder when this strip is finally going to be funny. It's one awkward situation after another, and this one is no exception.

• erwoserwos Registered User regular
    @Kantoken: I still think these are humorous strips, but IMHO, a little story advancement would be nice. She's clearly driving in a direction, but maybe a little too slowly.

The last storyline ended on June 10th.
    That's if you don't consider the stand alone strips, which build individual characters and contribute to the overall plot.
    Humor is subjective, and I don't think every strip is intended to be funny. But if you haven't enjoyed it in the 3 or so years it's been going on, it's probably not healthy to hate read it.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    That's okay, Kantoken. It'll be sad to see you go, but we had a good run.

AdamRW on
  • OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    I am unsatisfied with this free content! Make it suit my specific tastes better!

• sbelgravesbelgrave Registered User new member
    @Kantoken : sorry to hear you feel that way. Though in contrast, this has become my #1 favorite comic above all others since its inception. I get so happy when i realize it's a Tuesday or Friday morning now. This comic provides something none of the others I watch do (ie: Pennny Arcade, pvp,tabletitans, xkcd, etc., , though in fairness those are fun in their own way too) . It somehow is able to combine humor with a sweetness/kindness that is just not found in anything else. It also feels like Katie has cleverly interwoven backstories and even the occasional story-arc into it as well. Someone had compared this to the show 'Lost' at one point and I thought it was an apt description, only with less death and more humor/kindness. So if you're reading this K, keep up the good work, i certainly don't want you to stop. -S

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Also, I'd like to point out that two people are involved in this strip: Katie and Adam. They both are doing amazing jobs.

• sbelgravesbelgrave Registered User new member
    @Dublin . Doh! My apologies Adam. Great job to you both.

• amcsteelamcsteel Registered User new member
    I have to echo @SBELGRAVE 's Comment. This quickly became my favorite strip since launch, and has retained that status since then. It is funny sometimes dark humor, with innocence and joy mixed in. Keep up the great work you two.

@Kantoken
    Humor is very subjective. There are many many comics I find dumb rather than funny. Many hit comedies that I thought were horrible. You have to find the humor that appeals to you and nurture it. If this isn't your bag that is ok. Find what is and enjoy.

• Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Haters gonna hate.

It's Weedonwantcha and Mary Cagle's Let's Speak English for me. All day.

• FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    briguy wrote: »
    Why do so many girls like horses?
    I knew several that were obsessed with them.
    I understand a lot of boy/girl things are rooted in ideas of masculinity and femininity, but horses?
    Why horses?

Well, as of now boys like horses too. Albeit in creepy inclusive ways that pretty much go against the entire point of the show turn a LOT of people off.

FireballDragon on
  • Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    @Kantoken to each their own I suppose. When I wake up in the morning on Tuesdays and Fridays, The literal first thing that I search for when I sit down at my laptop is read the new Camp Weedonwancha strip. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does that instinctively at this point either. Sorry you don't like how this comic is panning out. OH WELL! :)

• LunarNexusLunarNexus Registered User regular
    What is the next arc going to be? I love the day by day comics and they always make me smile, but when are we going to get another big story ark?

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    The cat was a dead giveaway. This is a soft lob. It's meant to be easy to understand. It can also reveal who's thinking about the strip too much. You know, like Star Wars.

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    I'll agree with the others on Kantoken's comments, this is by far the best comic I look forward to and honestly half the reason I still go to Penny Arcade is to go through to here :) I also read their strip and more importantly Tycho's comments of the day, but Katie is doing awesome here. This comic is a lot more than just simple hi-jinks and thoroughly approve.

Just get me my nice hardbound book already!

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    The cats are the true lords of the camp! Bow before them!

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I just want to say that Katie and I are absolutely fine with criticism. We welcome it. To me, and I could be totally wrong on this, it's a positive thing. It just means that the readers expect more of the comic. At the very least, they care enough to take the time to write a comment!

We read every comment and listen to any critique someone might have. Sometimes we disagree (say, if someone feels the comic hasn't ever been funny in its almost three years of existence), sometimes it gives us a new perspective. It's always a good thing!

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Love this cartoon. I've been saying for months that this website needed more horsepower. It's more stable now.

• Charon'sLittleHelperCharon'sLittleHelper Registered User regular
    Saying that wasn't very neeeiiiggghhberly of them.

• APMEWAPMEW Registered User regular
    oh no, dont tell me im going to have feels for these two now? they are jerk faces!!

• fryingsokfryingsok Registered User new member
    "Aunt Adeline was a tall, capable woman to whom the word “horse” clung in conjunction with the words “sense” and “face.” The secret sorrow of her life was that she had never inspired romance."

From chapter IX of Atlas Shrugged; Elsworth Toohey's origin story.

• RoaringRavenRoaringRaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    @Apmew
    Jerkfaces have feelings too.

RoaringRaven on
  • te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    @BRIGUY there are many academic works on why girls like horses and some even about why at certain ages the interest in horses have peaks but since the general population often misunderstand scientific papers and psychology terminology can lead to misunderstandings I won't post any of them. But if you are interested you should search the studies.

@te-kun thanks, I'll look them up. I really am interested in why.

• KempsonKempson Registered User regular
    Now she has to do all that braiding again. Nice detail.

• xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    One of my (now old) housemates loves horses too! They're really pretty, indeed, but I too find the love for them a bit strange.. Then again, not everyone will probably agree with me on my bunny obsession.

And to join in on the Kantoken train, my grandpa (may he rest in peace) used to say "Taste has no friends" as in it's all subjective. :)
    There's still something bringing you back, be it interest or expectation, seeing as you did go through the whole thing and even commented.
    And it's always fun to see a discussion in the comments!

• FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    No one got my Brony joke? Aww.

No one got my Brony joke? Aww.

I got it.
    6zz93mcf4maa.jpeg

• Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    @BriGuy yay! Equesticals!

• TerradorTerrador Registered User regular
    @Briguy: I do not know how to quote your question about why girls like horses, but I know why I was obsessed with horses as a pubescent girl. They are strong, powerful, fast. On horseback, you feel invincible. You feel like you and the horse are one being of grace, beauty, and strength. But mostly, a horse and I, galloping across a pasture, felt like freedom. It was the closest thing to flying. My question for you is why DON'T boys obsess about horses??

• ShksprShkspr Registered User new member
    Some of us do. It's just that our horses are iron.

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    My God, Kennedy's face in the last strip....But yeah, I can totally relate to this situation, saying something that comes off as insulting. Only instead of people getting weepy like Kennedy, usually I get my head bit off.