As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I wonder if these ten-day passes still work.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I sometimes wish I had a bookshelf filled with all the CE's, the neat statues sitting on top of it and such.

But I spend enough money on the game when I play as it is.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    That must be a recent thing, because there were no statues in the earlier collector's editions.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I just want to find a good core group of people horde side to really do dungeons with up to mythic +.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    SE++ has a horde guild that might still be going.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    That must be a recent thing, because there were no statues in the earlier collector's editions.

I can confirm there are no statues in any of them. Just art books, making-of DVDs, and mousepads.

The CE boxes are definitely massive, though. Bigger than the size of 1990s PC boxes.

• Options
    Did any of the normal editions of WoW use the old dictonary-sized boxes?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    I don't think so. Vanilla box was the size of a heftier paperback.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    SE++ has a horde guild that might still be going.

I'm in with them currently, but they mostly raid. At least they did last time i played more seriously.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

Warcraft III was one of the first PC games I can recall coming in the smaller boxes. The old boxes for ginormo floppies were well and truly dead by the time WoW came out.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I have the physical CE of Wrath but I don't want it. Any of you are free to it if you can help me pay shipping.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I bought the Vanilla CE, the artbook is hands down the best part. Has blizzard ever done any standalone art books?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I bought the Vanilla CE, the artbook is hands down the best part. Has blizzard ever done any standalone art books?

well there's http://gear.blizzard.com/art-of-blizzard-book-standard-edition-hardcover-b61148

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have all the collector editions for wow
    I have both the diablo ones and the first and third of star craft

• Options
    So I have a dumb question
    If I buy the Sha'tari Defense armor from the trading post on my rogue does it count for the transmog closet since it's plate and bop?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So I have a dumb question
    If I buy the Sha'tari Defense armor from the trading post on my rogue does it count for the transmog closet since it's plate and bop?

Nope. If you can't equip it, it doesn't go in the closet.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    If it isnt your primary armor type it wont be added. So if tou buy cloth on your paladin it wont get added even if you could equip it.

• Options
    Ok
    So I guess to make a note of when I get my draenei paladin to 100 to mindlessly grind in Shat for it

I do wish there was an in game notebook or such so I can write down notes for later or other things worth of note

• Options

Warcraft III was one of the first PC games I can recall coming in the smaller boxes. The old boxes for ginormo floppies were well and truly dead by the time WoW came out.
    I remember the CE for War3 being HUGE

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I see a lot of postings about looking for guilds. I'm really surprised you guys here didn't form you own yet.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular

I remember the CE for War3 being HUGE

The War3 CE box is about the size of the WoW CEs. I still have my War3 CE box on the shelf next to all of my WoW ones. Diablo and SC are the same size as the WoW ones also but I think the SC ones sit on the side rather than standing up like books? I'd have to look at home to know for sure.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I see a lot of postings about looking for guilds. I'm really surprised you guys here didn't form you own yet.

Too many different realms, too many different timezones.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The demon hunter tank playstyle we were talking about earlier, with Fracture and Soul Barrier over Feed the Demon & Last Resort?

Yeah, that's not worthwhile, at all.

Soul Barrier, with a 5 stack of souls, absorbs for just over 700k, on my Demon Hunter with over 3m hp at 110 ilvl 845.

Not worth it in the slightest. I was watching a Mythic keystone +10 run the other day and the DH in question, geared at around 860, was being chunked for 50% of his health at a time. A full Soul Barrier would barely make a dent in that kind of damage, and restricts your flexibility so much.

On top of that, because it has a cooldown, and a pain cost, and requires the 5 souls, it requires so much buildup, and you don't really have much control over when you choose to use it, because you can't just sit on 5 souls all the time. So many artifact traits interact with souls that you can't afford not to be spending them.

About the only thing I think it might be worthwhile for is to just use it as an absorb shield without regard for orbs. Use it for the base absorb and just count any orbs you happen to have as a bonus.

That said, I am starting to think that once you have Painbringer AND Fueled by Pain, Fracture will be better than Feed the Demon. Orbs are doing a lot for you at that point, you'll be more likely to have a few of them available at any given time, Fracture is a DPS increase over Soul Cleave for the same pain, and it adds another button to your rotation, which can be fun.

• Options

My guild was actually originally created during WotLK by regulars on this very forum. We started on a fresh server with the intent for all of us to level up together. It was a pretty good time!

It's a bit of a different guild now, though. We used to be Clawshrimp & Co. Last year it got changed to Pax Arcadia. I kind of hesitate to call it a PA forum guild anymore since there are a lot of people not affiliated with the forum in there, but everyone's pretty cool.

• Options
    Oh, man, I remember being around for the creation of Clawshrimp. Always looked like a fun time.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Too many different realms, too many different timezones.

I used to raid with west coasters.

Still, doesn't need to be a raiding guild.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    So hearing about Clawshrimp and Co sent me down a rabbit hole of reading this forum from 2008.

Anyway, I was looking through all the class threads we used to have, and noticing a lot, LOT more serious theorycrafting going on in there.

That combined with the near-instant response from a bunch of you about my Vengeance Demon Hunter musings and talent discussions has now got me wondering if there's a bunch of repressed desire to post and talk about classes.

I, at least, prefer not to spend too much time talking about class-specific stuff in this thread because it's a general thread, with the net result being that I don't post anything theory-crafting related at all. Does anyone else feel this way?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I apparently have a Feat of Strength for a World of Warcraft Collectors Edition & Panda, that I have never owned.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I'm with the SE++ guild on Cho'gall now, with a lot of my main stuff on Wyrmrest Accord. Several other people in here are also on WRA, but there's enough decent guilds we don't need to form our own.

Also these damned mythic dungeon trinkets. I saw three of them drop in one dungeon then someone got 3/5 of them in two dungeons. Meanwhile I'm still stuck at 2/5 with one being STR and the other the shitty healer one.

• Options
    Speaking of mythic dungeons, the keystone runs in Legion are nuts once you get up to a higher keystone level and multiple affixes.

Here's a holy paladin POV of +11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4g-fJ9om5A

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    So hearing about Clawshrimp and Co sent me down a rabbit hole of reading this forum from 2008.

Anyway, I was looking through all the class threads we used to have, and noticing a lot, LOT more serious theorycrafting going on in there.

That combined with the near-instant response from a bunch of you about my Vengeance Demon Hunter musings and talent discussions has now got me wondering if there's a bunch of repressed desire to post and talk about classes.

I, at least, prefer not to spend too much time talking about class-specific stuff in this thread because it's a general thread, with the net result being that I don't post anything theory-crafting related at all. Does anyone else feel this way?

I'd sure love to talk Hunter theorycraft here, because most WoW forums outside PA are cesspools where conversation goes to die.

For example, I tried to engage the author of the Icy-Veins Hunter guides (so, you know, should be someone who thinks about stuff) about sims and to float the idea that we shouldn't blindly trust sims because a tiny inaccuracy can ruin them (and at the time there were fully 3 different sim results showing different stat priorities floating around, so something was clearly off somewhere), and was told I must be an idiot and/or a troll by him. So, that's cool.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    that is some bursty as fuck damage

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @3clipse That's kind of exactly what I mean. We have one of the few forums on the Internet where that kind of stuff isn't tolerated, and on top of that, Elitist Jerks, the one forum that was worthwhile despite the toxicity thanks to the sheer quantity of useful info, is dead and gone.

I'm reading a lot of these old class threads and the kind of stuff being talked about in them was way, way too specific to be cluttering up a chat thread with. You couldn't possibly be discussing twelve classes at the same time in one thread and expect people to be able to follow the threads of conversations, and my gut feeling is that people, as a result, just don't bother discussing their classes.

I know that class threads existed in a time when WoW itself was much more popular, but there are still millions of people playing and there are still heaps of people actively reading and posting in this thread.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    What the PA WoW community needs is a return of the Beasts of Unusual Size.

Best times ever with that group in Wrath.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I am hoping for some sort of discount on character services, similar as to what they did back in I think MoP was releasing. Would love to change my warlock from belf to undead.

I was thinking of maybe also changing hunter from goblin to a lady orc since they look pretty dope in most gear, but after playing some BGs, kinda like that rocket boost when in a tight spot.

• Options
    What's to stop you guys from making those threads here? Mods don't like them?

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I apparently have a Feat of Strength for a World of Warcraft Collectors Edition & Panda, that I have never owned.

I think I saw a hotfix note about there being a bug where people who owned the Pandaren Monk pet who logged in during a specific window were erroneously awarded that Feat of Strength. Not sure if they're going to remove it from their achievement list or not.

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    What the PA WoW community needs is a return of the Beasts of Unusual Size.

Best times ever with that group in Wrath.

I left a few characters on that server in the <Beasts> in the hopes that eventually some players would come back......... Sadly it still appears to be dead and doesn't appear anyone is coming back. I log on every few days and screw around with my Rogue. Man I miss those days. Best time I ever had in WoW was with the Beasts.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    What's to stop you guys from making those threads here? Mods don't like them?

The mods would probably be unhappy if we had 13 individual WoW threads.

I wonder if we could do this main thread + the general theorycrafting thread that included all class discussions/professions/etc, though? Then it's only two threads, and there's a dedicated place for technical discussion so it doesn't clutter up this thread. How do we ask the mods for permission to deploy a second thread?

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    So I'm not sure if there are any other Ret Paladins that visit these boards regularly (I can only imagine so), but I have always been extremely dependent on an addon called CLCret in order to maximize DPS and prioritize GCD's. Anyways, the creator is gone and it doesn't appear that he or she will ever be coming back to update the mod (much to the dismay of many). Luckily, someone posted a really neat WeakAuras script which pretty much mirrors the old CLCret addon. For those who used it, or would like to give it a shot with the new changes, I highly recommend giving it a shot. I love it, and it seems to work really well.

Here is the link where I picked it up.

Wavechaser on
This discussion has been closed.