As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BYOC Registration

David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
If you'd like to have your own private space in our BYOC area with wired internet and power, you can get BYOC passes from here: https://www.showclix.com/event/bc38524452720250

You'll also need PAX day passes as well, of course.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Just picked up two!

• VirtualWizardVirtualWizard Registered User new member
    I bought one this year. Wonder what I should load on the PC?

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    If you'd like to have your own private space in our BYOC area with wired internet and power, you can get BYOC passes from here: https://www.showclix.com/event/bc38524452720250

I don't need day passes to buy BYOC do I? I intend to get them secondhand. Just want to make sure my order doesn't get canceled.

EVERYTHING ;)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    mcdermott wrote: »

I don't need day passes to buy BYOC do I? I intend to get them secondhand. Just want to make sure my order doesn't get canceled.
    You do not need to have an active pax badge order in order to purchase byoc, if past years hold true. You do, however, need badges in hand to use byoc when the time comes (which is a thing I know you know, but am reiterating for posterity).

Hmmmm. Not sure I want to take a seat if I don't know how many days I'll even be there. Maybe I'll throw a LAN party at the house that weekend and we can take breaks to go to PAX.

• meloncolliemeloncollie Registered User regular
    Super excited for PAX/BYOC this year!
    Any idea when group seating will open for large groups? Thank you!

10th PAXiversary! PAX Prime 2007-2017. PAX BYOC 2009-2017.
    @meloncollie | steam hiokaybye
  • Raptor007Raptor007 Seattle, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Action Quake 2, of course: http://q2online.net/action

Raptor007 on
    7nDuqUj.png
  • zByrdzByrd Registered User regular
    Will this be the thread we register groups in?

It is likely, yes. What's been happening the last handful of paxes is that once the enforcer(s) and/or staff in charge of group registration and other byoc stuff gets their assignment, they will make a new OP, and I merge this thread into that.

• havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Now that I've finally retired the 5 year old Alienware laptop and I can actually run modern games again, I think I'll make my return to the BYOC this year.

XyqJPIp.png
    I've said it before, I'll say it every year, but it'd really be nice (and benefit the BYOC area) if there were some way to allow BYOC-only access for those without day badges for a given day. Even if it was at a small fee (to cover extra security overhead). Let me pay, say, $20 or $25 extra for a BYOC-only badge for the day, that only gets me access to that floor of the annex. Don't let me past the escalators unless I show another valid pax day badge.

Especially now, the place seems much more empty and part of that has got to be people without all four day badges who just can't come up.

I know this isn't the case, and will likely never be the case. Just saying it should be.

mcdermott wrote: »

EVERYTHING ;)

Some Petabytes of storage and a couple of months should be sufficient ;)

Raptor007 wrote: »
    Action Quake 2, of course: http://q2online.net/action

Thanks Raptor, I'll take a look.

edited June 2016
    What I'll personally be loading (and ensuring is updated):

League, both Legends and Rockets
    World of Warships
    Overwatch
    Heroes of the Storm
    Team Fortress 2
    Battlefields, all the ones I own
    All the other Blizzard games I own
    maybe a few other oddball titles

Thing to remember is that once you get there, you are not downloading shit. Like, nothing. It's bad. I did download League of Legends my first year in BYOC, but I started it at closing time and let it go overnight.

EDIT: I think as we get closer we'll see a list, too, of things we recommend you bring along

mcdermott on
  • Flufflez42Flufflez42 Registered User new member
    I get the feeling WoW: Legion is going to be huge at BYOC this year considering it drops 72 hours before PAX starts. I'm a super casual WoW player but ill probably be running through it with as many people as I can find.

• sluggotorsluggotor Sandy HuevosRegistered User regular
    Flufflez42 wrote: »
    I get the feeling WoW: Legion is going to be huge at BYOC this year considering it drops 72 hours before PAX starts. I'm a super casual WoW player but ill probably be running through it with as many people as I can find.

That's kind of unfortunate timing for the release because the BYOC community really seems to have a lot of fun with whatever indie game we find that year. Example - Duck Game last year.

steam_sig.png
  • Flufflez42Flufflez42 Registered User new member
    sluggotor wrote: »
    Flufflez42 wrote: »

That's kind of unfortunate timing for the release because the BYOC community really seems to have a lot of fun with whatever indie game we find that year. Example - Duck Game last year.

Yeah, I was going to play duck game last year but I ended up getting sucked into playing killing floor 2 on the freeplay server. Had a ton of fun.

• VanusVanus Registered User regular
    Any word on group registration?

• theabysstheabyss Spokane WA Registered User regular
    How did I miss this? No emails or tweets about BYOC going on sale this year? Lucky I found this I love BYOC.

• DextroseDextrose Registered User new member
    Vanus wrote: »
    Any word on group registration?

Very curious about this myself. Might be just because I'm overly excited about BYOC after having a blast last year. It's gonna be dank as hell!

• Elmnator AKA ElmyElmnator AKA Elmy Registered User regular
    Here is a little preview of the builds I will be bringing this year. You guys have seen me in the past with other builds I bring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-8e9nH_8hs

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Do we know when group registration is going up? I'm trying to get my group seating together, but I dont see anything about it.

Well, I see someone else has asked, but there's no "this is what do" post about.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • ShivinShivin OregonRegistered User regular
    They usually start the group seating once they have the seating diagram worked out...just keep an eye on this thread. You figured out what our group name will be?

r3a9obz7nxdg.png
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    The BYOmegas?

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • ratzofftoyaratzofftoya San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    If the PAX passes already came in the mail and I order a BYOC pass now, does anyone know whether I can just pick it up will call or whatever?

I think it's likely it would be will-call, but an email to pax_questions@paxsite.com should be able to answer that for sure.

• grouchonthecouchgrouchonthecouch senor Felony Way, WARegistered User new member
    Anyone know if there is a FAQ for the BYOC somewhere or where I can find hours and rules etc.?

There used to be a really good one posted each year, but I don't actually see one from last year either. I'll poke around and see what I can rustle up.

• VanusVanus Registered User regular
    Found this one http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/27350260/#Comment_27350260 some of the info is probably outdated (typical games, maybe check in time, that's always contentious every year)

edited August 2016
    thanks for finding that. I knew there were some older ones, but spent my time trying to find the person who is doing it this year. I have been told that information will be forthcoming soon.

I would guess that a lot of that information will still be relevant.

zerzhul on
  • Elmnator AKA ElmyElmnator AKA Elmy Registered User regular
    I private messaged 2 of the people who have been in charge at past events and haven't gotten any response yet. Hopefully everything is on the up and up and this will continue on being a well ran event.

Please head to this thread for continued byoc information: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/206447/pax-west-2016-byoc-mega-thread#latest

Geth, close this thread.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.