As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mary Blair [chat]

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    holy hell the soccer brawl is amazing

I have no idea what you are talking about but google and I soon will.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I just don't think 24 and 17 are criminal. A little naive? Perhaps.

But this notion is almost always applied when a girl is the younger one and it's...kinda insulting to women, quite frankly.

I suspect the difference there is a lot more about where those people are in life. Not necessarily the ages, but the stages. That's what might make that unhealthy, in today's society. That varies, of course.

Also I almost think the reverse - the fact that young men aren't regarded as possibly being taken advantage of when much older people in different stages of life date them is, I think, a way in which society fails to protect them because that kind of vulnerability is at odds with the masculine ideal

I imagine that kind of age difference wasn't as concerning to a society that had explicit codification of gender roles involving a woman's total dependence on her husband.

hm yeah this is the jetsons we are talking about

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    actually this is rly gud art i liek a lot

Yes I like this one a lot as a more realistically shaped gamer gremlin

...not that I would know about that!

Well I also love the chibi gremlin cause I am a filthy weeb

Also this fan plot that D.Va and Junkrat are weird gamer friends

z4xpPfSl.png
    tumblr_o8bi9gWjZo1qkd74po1_500.jpg

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    I've had this weird idea kicking around in my head for the last couple of weeks.

I've heard many stories of math teachers and the like challenging their students to make a million tally marks in a month and if they manage to do it they get an A for the quarter (or w/e). The point being that nobody can pull it off and the students get an appreciation for how big a million really is.

I've done some searching and I can't find that anyone's ever done it.

I kinda want to grab a couple of cheap cameras and a mic and start streaming me filling out sheets of graph paper with tallys every evening until I pull it off.

huh, this is literally the first time I've ever heard of this

also do you really want to spend ~200 hours on this

Having done the math

If you don't get fatigued (ha) it'd only be like 56 hours (I can make very messy ones >5/second, if we're doing the cross for the fifth tally)

But that's still a shitton
    without doing a cross and having them legible I get to about 70 hours continuous
    keeping an accurate count is what slows me down
    you could figure out a range for the max number of tallies you can fill in an area and then go above it to ensure 1 million tallies final
    there are many approaches

Graph paper, five in each cell.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    does the EULA reserve blizz's right to revoke your access to the game if you cheat?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I guess robots can't compete either. So much for equality. Yeah sure. give the forever young Brit, rich DJ, and Russian a skin

The Russian is also racist against robots.

It makes me super interested in her character.

Like, she's got this great mentality and is kind of encouraging to her team mates

but is like super hateful of robutts

dat complex character

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I want dvas headphones

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    what if those are just pieces of doritos that got stuck to her wet thighs lud?

Go on

LSHQHMel.jpg

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i do not actually know when the next time i desire to use this mdma is

hmm

poo
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The 90s and early 2000s were a terrible time. I think we can all agree that the world only started becoming ok some time around 2008.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    D.va is a pro-gamer.

So before she was a mech driving pilot she played SC2 on streams.

Pro-gamer=dorito goblin thus D.Va=dorito goblin

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    The 90s and early 2000s were a terrible time. I think we can all agree that the world only started becoming ok some time around 2008.

o... bama...?

poo
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Go on

I'm just saying

sometimes it happens man

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

No u

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

o... bama...?

THANKS

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    oh wait do the Overwatch olympics skins actually look good? The League olympics and world cup skins are always pretty ugly...

Co1LOSRWgAAncs1.jpg

I mean aside from the fact that Zarya has been DQ'ed

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    does the EULA reserve blizz's right to revoke your access to the game if you cheat?

yes

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chibi gremlin or I feed

I don't need ephebophile Korean ass shots

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    The cheaters upset that blizzard banned them even though they spent money are just delightful. Blizz should go to their houses and just laugh. Give them a support email that just responds with a picture of the Overwatch cast doubled over pointing and laughing.

I still wish Blizzard put them all on the same queue and didn't say anything.

It'd be hilarious

• Options
    Interesting.

That's a new form of DQed

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

DK

there's good kinds of trash, like D.Va gremlin art

And bad kinds of trash, like this opinion

desc on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    where did the d.va doritos meme come from

apparently its cause her backstory is a starcraft II pro gamer

um excuse me she was the Code S champion for 3 years irl

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Go on

LSHQHMel.jpg
    That looks really familier.

1436685054495.jpg

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    New girl in the office has visible tattoos

This is p surprising considering how much of a traditionalist my boss is

I don't think anyone else in the firm has visible tattoos

are we talkin a spring break frog on the ankle or full sleevies

@Gooey white girl wrist tattoos

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    DQed?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Disqualified. All Russians dope.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    What is a tally mark

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I think Grandpa 76 is my favorite OW meme. Something about that just tickles me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

o... bama...?

2008 was a real nice turning point for a lot of stuff. Sure the economy was a flaming wreck, but gay rights issues started rapidly changing, we got a black president, legit smartphones hit the market, video games shifted towards more indie stuff and big titles started innovating more, golden age of television started up, Pixar started their secret takeover of Disney, computers generally got gud. A beautiful cocktail of social change and maturing technology.

A+ would live through again

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

Counterpoint

http://youtu.be/W6H8WcTPnWM

• Options
    @ludious you could make those dva headsets by embedding a normal headset in some EVA/hobby foam and giving it a good paint job.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I think Grandpa 76 is my favorite OW meme. Something about that just tickles me.

What he's Dad. Not grandpa.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

yes

so then like

what's the issue

butts just being hurt?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    What is a tally mark

iStock_000011611363XSmall-300x199.jpg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    @ludious you could make those dva headsets by embedding a normal headset in some EVA/hobby foam and giving it a good paint job.

Ew. Unofficial merchandise. What am I an indie gamer?

• Options

Oh I thought it was "Dequeered" because she looks like a typical russian strongwoman instead of Zarya.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

yes

so then like

what's the issue

butts just being hurt?

Yes.

Also cheaters have a remarkable ability to not actually see what they are doing as wrong.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Open loot box its a Zarya skin, one its the super common basic recolors

fuk you Blizzard

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Webcomic idea: Olympic Zarya is struggling lifting the barbell at the games, Ana anonymously shoots her with a booster bullet from the stands.

This discussion has been closed.