As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon] Voltage SPECIAL: The Indigo League

Shock GShock G Registered User regular
P6GqFuU.png

You've been waiting your whole life for today. Every teenager in Pallet Town has been, for today is the day when their biggest dreams come true. It's the day when you can leave their sleepy suburb and go dive into the adventure and excitement and danger promised by the wider world. Now they have their chance to show the world that they can be great, their chance to find new undying friendships, their chance to find their place.

Today is the opening day of the Indigo League.

The year-long tournament where the entire region of Kanto battles among itself for the right to challenge the Elite Four. And, if they defeat them, to face the Champion.

Now, as you lay in your bed, excitement begins to be polluted by fear. Of the unknown, of being alone, of being free. Do not be afraid.

I expect great things from you.

~~~~~~~

What are you doing?

Hopefully, running a play by post Pokemon role playing game.

Alright, what is the setting? Are there knights?

No knights, or kings. Just a pretty normal Pokemon setting with badges and balls, but with a little more magical realism, and set about 20 years after the Red and Blue versions.

What system are you using?

This 'n. Although I reserve the right to hack it up until it conforms with my own peccadillos in the future, we're starting out vanilla.

What if I get confused?

Then feel free to axe me a question, either in this thread or over in #voltage on rizon.

~~~~~~

Please use MediumSeaGreen for in character posts, with RosyBrown as the emphasis color. I'll be taking initial submissions for a week before we get this train a rollin', but if you are reading this after August and you wanna join in, feel free.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Have you checked out what I've done with his system, out of curiosity? I have added a dice mechanic to the game, which doesn't say mine is better, just different.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, I'm up for this.

I might need help making a trainer, though. Technically I've never made one before. :rotate:

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Welp, since I missed the chance to be a Pokemon ninja, I'm down to clown with this.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    This looks like fun, count me as interested. I'm mostly unfamiliar with the pokemon past the original Red/Blue/Yellow 150, but if that's not a problem I'd love to play.

edit: Is there anything we should take into consideration when making characters, other than that the trainers are teenagers from Pallet Town?

The Everyman on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    That shouldn't be much of a problem, everyman, since we're just sticking around Kanto. Welcome aboard.

Also to your real question, not really. I don't like to stifle folks' creativity.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    =============
    Name: Phil O'Patyr
    Class: Ace Trainer
    =============
    Physique: 1
    Knowledge: 2
    Mobility: 0
    Network: 0
    =============
    Voltage: 3
    Support:
    =============
    Ambitions:
    Harsh Trainer
    This Trainer pushes their Pokemon to their limits, trusting that pain is gain.
    - Gain 1 Exp when your Pokemon faints in battle
    - Gain 2 Exp when your Pokemon faints as a result of a training session
    - Gain 5 Exp when your Pokemon snaps as a result of your training
    - Buyoff: Surrender before all your Pokemon are knocked out.

Trainer Exp: 0
    =============

A somber, earnest Trainer who battles with a focus and intensity beyond his mild, teenage years (or so he likes to believe), Phil has given over his remaining youth to the pursuit of exceptional training, overcoming the odds, and, if his skill can match his will, becoming a Pokemon Master.

=============
    Name: Shillelagh
    Species: Cubone
    =============
    Type: Ground/Fighting
    Exp: 0/15
    =============
    Loyalty: Friendly
    Demeanor: Serious
    Need: Discipline (Orders, structure, hierarchy)
    Quirk: Natural Leader
    =============
    Weak: Fairy, Psychic, Water
    Resist: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Poison
    =============
    Moves:
    Bone Club [Ground/Phys/Boosting(At)]
    Drain Punch [Fighting/Phys/Recovering]
    Bulk Up [Fighting/Status/Refreshing]
    Leer [Normal/Status/Harassing (Df)]
    =============
    Stamina: 7
    =============
    HP - 3 At - 2 Df - 2
    Sp - 1 SA - 2 SD - 2
    =============
    Assists: [Power 1], [Intuit 1], [Run 1], [Burrow 1], [Crush 1]
    =============

Found abandoned, or perhaps orphaned, as many of the species are, Shillelagh the Cubone was taken in by Phil some years ago and took well to his style of training. The two have developed a powerful rapport since, each recognizing the other's willingness to defend and support their partner, come what may.

=============
    Bonds:
    One of _Clark_'s relatives is a well known battler. I'm eager to see if that skill runs in the family.
    _Beau_ and I trade info and tips often. We don't see eye to eye on a lot, but new perspectives are always useful.
    I owe _________ a favor from way back, and it's starting to bug me that I haven't paid it back yet.

=============
    Desired Acquisitions:
    Bidoof/Bibarel
    Spearow/Fearow
    Shuppet/Banette
    Trubbish/Garbodor
    Grimer/Muk
    Mimikyu

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'll have a look at this tonight.
    I'm interested

• Options
    Looks good, Marsh. It's like you've done this before...

• Options
    edited August 2016
    =============

Name: Clark Silver

Class: PokeNerd
    =============

Physique: 0

Knowledge: 1

Network: 2

=============

Support:

=============

Ambitions: Compassionate, Operative
    Trainer Exp:

=============

An avid study of local pokemon, Clark makes friends easily and sees his upcoming pokemon journey as one of discovery and connection with new people and pokemon. His easygoing nature can lull his opponents into false security however, as he turns matches around with a well timed strategy. He would love to work his way through the Indigo League, but would just as happily achieve pokemon mastery by encouraging his friends (both humans and pokemon) grow under his watchful eye.

=============

Name: Flint

Species: Nidoran Male
    Type: Poison/Electric

=============

Demeanor: Proud

Need: Snacks

Quirk: Forehead horn lightning bolt-shaped

=============

Weak: Water, Psychic, Ground

Resist: Fire, Rock, Grass, Fairy, Ice

=============

Moves:
    Poison Sting [Poison/Physical/Mobile]
    Thundershock [Electric/Special/Ranged]
    Leer [Normal/Status/Harassing (Df)]
    Quick Attack [Normal/Physical/Priority]

=============

Stamina: 6

=============

HP - 2 At - 2 Df - 2

Sp - 2 SA - 3 SD - 1

=============

Assists: [Power 1], [Intuit 1], [Run 1], [Electrify 1], [Piercing 1]

=============

Flint was a gift to Clark from his parents when he was younger, purported to come from a champion line of Nidoran. The two have been steadfast friends, with Clark keeping Flint from getting into too much trouble, and Flint saving Clark from the trouble he can't talk them out of.

I hope I've done this right.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    ===========
    Name: Jeremy Stout
    Class: Hiker
    Caring little about power, or contest, or really anything beyond the fantastic creatures that live everywhere around him, Jeremy set off immediately into the tall grass as soon as he had lease to do so.
    Jeremy constantly marvels at things other travellers might think of as mundane, but that may just be because his age belies the distance he has traveled to see the things the locals have seen a hundred times before.
    Only when he's finished cataloguing the region will he perhaps think about what to do next.
    Odds are though, that this next thing would consist of buying the next train ticket out of there.
    And if that can't get him to where he wants to go, then he'll find some other way to schlep himself there.

Physique: 1
    Knowledge: 0
    Mobility: 2

Support:

Ambitions: Explorer
    - Gain 1 Exp every time you defeat a new Pokemon
    - Gain 2 Exp every time you travel somewhere you've never been before
    - Gain 5 Exp when you witness a significant and extraordinary local event
    - Buyoff: Encounter the same Pokemon again.
    - Buyoff: Remain in one location for some time.

Trainer Exp:
    ===========
    Pokemon:

Name: Jett
    Species: Fletchling
    Type: Flying/Fire
    Jeremy's first pokemon, Jett celebrates in the clear open skies.
    Whilst Jeremy is constantly searching for the next new thing, Jett derives pleasure in jumping from place to place, and feeling the air rush beneath his wings.
    Constantly in motion, Jett will always tackle anything head on. Best wing forward and all that.
    And as he is always moving, his metabolism seems a bit higher than normal. This tends to singe things Jett lands on, and has also changed his plumage away from the normal red.

Demeanor: Fired Up
    Need: Movement
    Quirk: Burns hotter than most; Is blue

Weaknesses: Ice/Poison/Ghost
    Resistances: Water/Grass/Dragon/Steel/Psychic

Stats:
    XP: 0/15

HP: 2
    Attack: 2
    Defense: 1
    Speed: 3
    SA: 2
    SD: 1

Stamina: 7

Moves:
    Soar
    Category: Status
    Type: Flying
    Style: Refresh (Recover 2 damage to each stat and 2 Stamina Damage)

Dive
    Category: Physical
    Type: Flying
    Style: Mobile (Moves me)

Ember
    Category: Special
    Type: Fire
    Style: Harassing (Defense -1)

Explosion
    Category: Physical
    Type: Fire
    Style: Offensive (Moves both)

Assists:
    [Power 1],[Intuit 1],[Run 1],[Fly 2],[Burn 1]

discrider on
  • Options
    Does HP harassing reduce Stamina?

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I think for the first time in a while I should have time for summat like this.
    Lemme look at these thingos.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Matev looks good save for a few of things. You've got an extra point of stamina (should be five stamina not six), you have another assist due to you, and flint's quirk is more like a demeanor. A quirk is just an odd behavior or trait your pokemon has, more golbat that likes to run, if you get me. Also, what's this cultist ambition about?

@discrider everything's in order. I'd go with the second buyoff for your ambition, though. Else it'll never survive route one. And a harassing hp move would lower max stamina, but not below one point, and it doesn't knock down their current stamina. So if you used a harrasing (HP) move on a weedle with 3 hp 1 sp, it would leave it with 7/4 stamina.

Shock G on
  • Options
    Question: I'm making a Budew and I want Absorb, which deals damage and heals. So would the move be Harassing (HP)/Recover (Stamina)?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Moves get one Type, one Category, and one Style*, so if you want a move to deal damage, you would pick the category to be either Physical or Special depending on which stat you want to be dominant (and as opposed to Status, which uses no stat and typically deals no damage).

So a pretty good Absorb would be Grass/Special/Recovering. A grass type move that deals [attacker's special+1/2 attack - defender's special defense] damage (because it is a Special move) and heals you for 2 stamina (because it is a Recovering Style that does not get the Status bonus).

I usually use Harass(HP) for moves that deal poison damage, to show how they deal lingering damage that is difficult to heal away.

*I've played with allowing Moves to have multiple Styles in limited ways, and things get really crazy.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    =============
    Name: Sarah Bee
    Class: Beauty
    =============
    Network: 2
    =============
    Support:
    =============
    Ambitions: Famous
    This Trainer seeks out attention and notice for their deeds, whether they're heroic or villainous
    - Gain 1 Exp every time you ensure your Trainer's name and deeds are known, through bragging or witnesses.
    - Gain 2 Exp whenever you take an unnecessary risk to add clout to your reputation.
    - Gain 5 Exp every time you take a foolish and dangerous action to gain credit for your actions.
    - Buyoff: Give someone else credit for an action that could give you renown.
    Trainer Exp:
    =============

Sarah Bee is a web celebrity, at least in her head. Her channel, PokeCutie, specialties in Pokemon Make-up and Cosplay tutorials for people and their Pokemon. She also vlogs about her life in Pallet Town, but her channel has barely gathered 100 followers. Sarah Bee has wanted to take her show on the road and the Indigo League could be the push she needs to get her name out there and her channel.
    =============
    Name: Hanaye
    Species: Budew ♀
    Type: Grass/Poison
    =============
    Demeanor: Drama Queen
    Need: The Spot Light
    Quirk: Always wears an outfit
    =============
    Weak: Flying, Fire, Psychic, Ice
    Resist: Fighting, Water, Grass, Electric, Fairy, Poison
    =============
    Moves: Absorb [Recover (Stamina), Grass, Special]
    Growth [Boosting (SpAtk), Normal, Status]
    =============
    =============
    HP - 2 At - 1 Df - 2
    Sp - 2 SA - 3 SD - 2
    =============
    Assists: [Power 1], [Intuit 2], [Run 1], [Corrode 2]

When Sarah was first setting up her channel, she didn't have a Pokemon. She found a lot of them to be ugly and never bothered to become a trainer. However, while vacationing through the Sinnoh region, Sarah came across Hanaye and immediately feel in love. It was the little Budew that caused her to change the format of her channel, and Hanaye became it's star! Hanaye likes dressing up in outfits that Sarah makes, her favorites being the Charizard hoodie, the Luvdisc Snuggie, and the Gardevoir Evening Gown.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Looks good, @Grunt's Ghosts, you're just missing your custom assists

• Options
    edited August 2016
    =============
    Name: Beau Russet
    Class: Rancher
    =============
    Physique: 2
    Mobility: 1
    =============
    Support: 0
    =============
    Ambitions:
    Oathkeeper [Never Lie / Keep Your Promises / Help Those In Need]
    - Gain 1 Exp when your Trainer is tempted to act against their code
    - Gain 2 Exp each adventure that your Trainer does not break their oath
    - Gain 5 Exp when your Trainer's oath leads them into grave danger
    - Buyoff: Break your oath, and abandon your code of behavior

=============

Beau Russet is a good ol' boy who grew up on the Russet Ranch just past the outskirts of Pallet Town. As the firstborn child, from an early age Beau had been a hard worker on the family ranch. In time he became a vital helping hand to his parents, tending to the pokemon they raised, protecting the land they owned, helping with chores and caring for his many brothers and sisters. Now a young man, Beau's sights have begun to stretch beyond the fence posts at the end of the grazing field. With the announcement of the Indigo League still tingling on his ears and dreams of adventure through wilderness and big city alike filling his head, the eldest Russet boy made his decision. Beau bid his siblings farewell, hugged his mama goodbye, and shook the hand of his pa. It was time to set out on his own and see the world.

=============
    Name: Dawn
    Species: Ponyta
    Type: Fire/Normal
    =============
    Demeanor: Playful / Mischievous
    Need: Wide Open Spaces / Free To Roam
    Quirk: Hates To Be Groomed / Constantly Dirty
    =============
    Weak: Flying / Ghost / Steel / Water
    Resist: Bug / Fighting / Fire / Grass / Ground / Ice
    =============
    Moves:
    Growl [Status / Normal / Harassing (At)]
    Tackle [Physical / Normal / Powerful]
    Flame Wheel [Special / Fire / Boosting (SA)]
    Fire Spin [Special / Fire / Trapping]
    =============
    Stamina: 8/8
    =============
    HP - 3 / At - 2 / Df - 1
    Sp - 2 / SA - 2 / SD - 2
    =============
    Assists: [Power 1], [Intuit 1], [Run 1], [Flash 1], [Ride 1]
    =============

Though there were many pokemon born and raised on the Russet Ranch, Dawn was the first that Beau had looked after since birth. Feeding, cleaning, mending, Beau was there each step of the way. The two grew as thick as thieves, and with his parents' permission Beau became her trainer. Fast friends, Dawn was an indispensable helper on the range, allowing Beau to complete his chores and ride among the herds with ease.

Let me know if everything looks alright. I took [Ride] as a custom assist, let me know if something like that works.

The Everyman on
  • Options
    Custom Assist added.

• Options
    @Shock G Stamina's (HPx2)+Sp right? If not I can make the necessary modifications. I'll PM you about the cultist ambition on my next break in an hour or so

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    @The Everyman [ride] seems good, and the rest of your sheet does as well!

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Any interest in forging some character bonds before we start, or are we all going to meet in a Pokecenter?

_________ and I talk strategy every now and then. To my surprise, they often have really good insights.

One of _________'s relatives is a well known battler. I'm eager to see if that skill runs in the family.

I owe _________ a favor from way back, and it bothers me a lot more than I let on.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Shock G wrote: »
    @Matev looks good save for a few of things. You've got an extra point of stamina (should be five stamina not six), you have another assist due to you, and flint's quirk is more like a demeanor. A quirk is just an odd behavior or trait your pokemon has, more golbat that likes to run, if you get me. Also, what's this cultist ambition about?

@discrider everything's in order. I'd go with the second buyoff for your ambition, though. Else it'll never survive route one. And a harassing hp move would lower max stamina, but not below one point, and it doesn't knock down their current stamina. So if you used a harrasing (HP) move on a weedle with 3 hp 1 sp, it would leave it with 7/4 stamina.

I thought that buyoffs were something you could choose to trip if and when they occur.
    So although my first buyoff would be common, I was thinking that I'd ignore it for the most part.

• Options
    I'm letting people do that in my game, but then again, the buyoff should be a choice thing since it's when your character gives ups his ambitions because of the event.

• Options
    All right, aside from Flint's Stamina and Clark's Ambition, everything should be ready.

Bond building wise, if we've all been living in Pallet, it would make sense to have some bonds built in. Marsh, I'd take you up on either bond 2 or 3, pending my discussion with Shock.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Yeah.
    The other thing was, although that buyoff would be 'technically' common in any other Pokemon game, I have to wonder how much repetition there will be in this game due to the format.
    So it would be less 'I'm grinding route 1' and more 'I've seen everything'.

• Options
    Any interest in forging some character bonds before we start, or are we all going to meet in a Pokecenter?

_________ and I talk strategy every now and then. To my surprise, they often have really good insights.

I don't have any strong ideas towards bonds for myself at the moment, but if we're doing them I kinda like this first one of yours for Beau and Phil.

As a rancher, Beau might have some insights due to his exeriences breeding and raising pokemon on the ranch, as well as fighting off the odd wild ratatta or beedrill that might've harassed the livestock. Maybe we have some strong disagreement about this or that, but have been able to find common ground on something else.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @discrider I'm doing the buyoff as mandatory, as the great thing about ambitions is (beyond giving you concrete little role playing goals) is that they can be used to put a bow on scenes where your character grows as a person. Ideally all your ambitions are untenable given your character, and you'll have to break them eventually. The good news is that breaking ambitions is actually pretty beneficial, and you can just get yourself a new one.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Think you meant @discrider there, but nice to know I'm in your thoughts :D

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    My, how embarassing

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Name: Michael "Mulch" Luttrell
    Class: Roughneck
    =============
    Physique: 2
    Network: 1
    =============
    Support:
    =============
    Ambitions: Bodyguard (Need to talk to the GM about who.)
    =============

Mulch is the local bully. He ain't never seen nobody he couldn't take, and ain't never taken nobody he couldn't see. Not someone to mince words, he figures that if pokemon are as easy to punk as people are, he's got a shot at being the Indigo League champion.
    The one thing that Mulch finds very hard to do is think for himself. Much more often he finds someone who he respects and latches on to them, making damn sure that nobody messes with his 'friend'.

Name: Dummy
    Species: Tynamo
    =============
    Type: Electric/Dark
    =============
    Demeanor: Scaredy-Cat
    Need: Praise
    Quirk: Can focus on either attacking or levitating, not both at the same time
    =============
    Weak: Flying, Fighting, Dragon, Bug, Ghost
    Resist: Ground, Electric, Dark, Fire, Water, Psychic, Steel
    =============
    Moves:
    Charge Beam [Electric/Spec/Boosting(SpAtk)]
    Bind [Normal/Phys/Trapping]
    Bite [Dark/Phys/Testing]
    Acid [Poison/Spec/Ranged]
    =============
    Stamina: 3
    =============
    HP - 1 At - 1 Df - 1
    Sp - 1 SA - 4 SD - 1
    =============
    Assists: [Power 1], [Intuit 1], [Run 2], [Levitate 1], [Squeeze 1], [Electrify 1]
    =============

Mulch found this little Tynamo by chance one day and was impressed by the tyke's fearsome Charge Beam attack. He took the spud into his tender care, named him Dummy in a fit of annoyance, and has worked hard to turn the miniature eel into a fearsome offensive powerhouse.
    Mulch doesn't know the meaning of defense however, and Dummy's frequent knockouts have left the tiny tot more wary than warlike.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited August 2016

I don't have any strong ideas towards bonds for myself at the moment, but if we're doing them I kinda like this first one of yours for Beau and Phil.

As a rancher, Beau might have some insights due to his exeriences breeding and raising pokemon on the ranch, as well as fighting off the odd wild ratatta or beedrill that might've harassed the livestock. Maybe we have some strong disagreement about this or that, but have been able to find common ground on something else.

That works for me. There's plenty of room for contention with Phil's humorless attitude and strict-bordering-on-harsh training style, and he's apt to be at least mildly interested in any ideas coming from outside his own narrow experiences.

Assuming Beau gets something out of it (training advice? League trivia and rules?) that's worth putting up with Phil's dry demeanor, the bond seems like a good fit. Even if not, we can at least informally say that each has enough tentative respect for the other to take an opinion or two if it gets offered, and see where it goes from there.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Ok, now that I've got myself squared away. Marsh, I'll pick up the 2nd bond. Both of Clark's parents would be somewhat accomplished battlers and would use some pretty tough regimens to keep their Pokemon in fighting shape. Whether Clark's inherited their acumen's up for debate.

Also, gonna throw up some other bonds for folks to latch onto:

_________ helps me whenever I'm down.

_________ and I have been friendly rivals since our youth.

Only ________ really knows me.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Looks good, @Sir Fabulous.

Now that all the sheets are in, I'll make the first post when I can scrape together the time, which looks like it'll be Monday.

I'm excited to start this thing with you folks! Pokemon is wonderful.

• Options

As a rancher, Beau might have some insights due to his experiences breeding and raising pokemon on the ranch, as well as fighting off the odd wild ratatta or beedrill that might've harassed the livestock. Maybe we have some strong disagreement about this or that, but have been able to find common ground on something else.

That works for me. There's plenty of room for contention with Phil's humorless attitude and strict-bordering-on-harsh training style, and he's apt to be at least mildly interested in any ideas coming from outside his own narrow experiences.

Assuming Beau gets something out of it (training advice? League trivia and rules?) that's worth putting up with Phil's dry demeanor, the bond seems like a good fit. Even if not, we can at least informally say that each has enough tentative respect for the other to take an opinion or two if it gets offered, and see where it goes from there.

I like the idea of Beau getting league and gym advice from Phil. Beau can count on one hand the times he's stepped foot outside the Russet Ranch. Being a bit provincial, I bet he'd appreciate info about the world outside Pallet Town.

Let's say that Beau's approach to training is a little more easy-going and flexible compared to Phil's strict style. They might not agree all the time, but are keen to share tips or suggestions to each other.

• Options
    @Sir Fabulous I was looking at Mulch and I thought about that maybe he has a crush or something for Sarah Bee? Like he probably doesn't show it, but if you are wanting to be "bodyguard" then a Youtuber who is more of a cosplayer than Battler might be someone to protect? Not saying Sarah isn't interested in Battling, but she hasn't gotten much in experience and she's doing this to look good, not to be champion.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Hishock, another guy if you got the space:

Name: Micah Menahem
    Class: Camper
    Bio: Son of a group of Johto professionals, Micah has learned a lot about getting around and a lot about exploring and getting along in a number of locales, the result of many work relocations in his parents’ busy careers. His closest friend is his Pokemon Piro, the constant companion of all these changes in scenery. Enthusiastic and lacking in guile, his parents have granted his request to take the Indigo league challenge so that he might be able to expand his horizon and make lifelong friends. He is barely a teenager, somewhat young for the league challenge, but has learned the basics of camping and wilderness knowledge from a year and a half spent in the Poké Scouts. He is ostensibly interested in preparing for the league challenge, but more in a way of going along with what his future friends are doing.
    =============
    =============
    Voltage: 2
    Support: [Poké Scouts Badge: Bidoof Rank]
    =============
    Ambitions: True Friend (Piro)
    This Trainer has a pal they hold above all others. Just being around them is encouraging
    - Gain 1 Exp when you and your friend are in the same scene
    - Gain 2 Exp when you make a decision influenced by your friend
    - Gain 5 Exp when you put yourself at risk to help your friend
    - Buyoff: Sever your relationship with your friend

=============

Name: Piro
    Species: Igglybuff
    Bio: Boisterous and with an ego outsized for the tiny puffball, Piro has been an inseparable part of the camper's life since 1st grade. The human and balloon pokemon possess an almost brotherly bond. Piro tends to be the true leader of the duo, leading the two to explore the wilds in various areas of Johto and pushing the camper into action whenever anyone is in need of help. However, the two have been together so long that Micah can take the lead when Piro finds himself out of his element.
    =============
    Type: Fairy/Normal
    =============
    Demeanor: Brave
    Need: Decent deeds of derring-do
    Quirk: Baritone
    =============
    Weak: Poison, Rock, Steel
    Resist: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Fighting, Ghost
    =============
    Moves:
    Block [Normal/Physical/Covering]
    Play Rough [Fairy/Physical/Harassing(Atk)]
    Rest [Normal/Status/Refresh]
    Rollout [Rock/Physical/Boosting(Spd)]

=============
    Stamina: 8
    =============
    HP - 3 At - 2 Df - 2
    Sp - 2 SA - 1 SD - 2
    =============
    Assists: [Power 1], [Intuit 1], [Run 1], [Gust 1], [Vocalize 1]
    =============

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Shock, got one more!

Gregory Gleason...
    =============
    Name: Gregory Gleason
    Class: Hero Aspirant
    =============
    Network: 1
    =============
    Support: [Cape and Flygon Goggles]
    =============
    Ambitions: Operative (Superhero)
    Gregory wants to be a Pokemon-themed superhero.
    - Gain 1 Exp when he protects or otherwise aids an innocent
    - Gain 2 Exp when he passes up something he wants in order to do good.
    - Gain 5 Exp when he gets hurt in place of someone else.
    - Buyoff: Have an innocent bystander get hurt as a result of his actions.
    =============

Gregory watched far too many episodes of Crobatman when he was younger, and has decided that what Kanto needs right now is a real hero, someone that will inspire people to do good. He wants to be that superhero, and perhaps inspire fresh hope for a better tomorrow. His father, Gabriel Gleason, was an archaeologist, and he borrowed his father's desert sand-proof Flygon Goggles to aid in his disguise, but other than that he doesn't have much of a costume, or even a real superhero identity yet. But that's just details, and Greg doesn't sweat those.

...and Djinn the Trapinch.
    =============
    Name: Djinn
    Species: Trapinch
    Type: Ground/Dark
    =============
    Demeanor: Excitable
    Need: See new sites
    Quirk: Likes to chew things
    =============
    Weak: Water, Fighting, Bug
    Resist: Psychic, Poison, Steel, Rock
    =============
    Moves:
    Sandstorm [Ground/Physical/Harassing (Sp)]
    Bite [Dark/Physical/Trapping]
    Rock Tomb [Rock/Physical/Finisher]
    Quiver Dance [Bug/Status/Boosting(At)]
    =============
    =============
    HP - 2 At - 3 Df - 2
    Sp - 2 SA - 1 SD - 2
    =============
    Assists: [Power 1], [Intuit 1], [Run 1], [Burrow 1], [Sneak 1]
    =============

Gregory's father, Gabriel, caught Trapinch while on an archaeological expedition in the desert of a distant land. The Trapinch wanted to see the world outside the desert, so Gabriel brought him home and he became the Gleason family pet, making a home for himself in Gregory's old sandbox. Gregory grew quite attached to Djinn, and decided that he was the ideal Pokemon to bring with him on his hero's journey. This suited Djinn just fine, as he was starting to get bored of home life and yearned to explore once again.

Think I got all this right. Been a while since I've done this, though.

• Options
    Not sure what to do with the bonds to be honest.
    I'll get some up once the character list is finalised.

• Options
    "Sir Fabulous" I was looking at Mulch and I thought about that maybe he has a crush or something for Sarah Bee? Like he probably doesn't show it, but if you are wanting to be "bodyguard" then a Youtuber who is more of a cosplayer than Battler might be someone to protect? Not saying Sarah isn't interested in Battling, but she hasn't gotten much in experience and she's doing this to look good, not to be champion.

Yeah this sounds like it could work.
    I'll read through everyone's bios and such over the weekend and piece together some bonds!