As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] USE THE NEW THREAD. LOCK ME, MODERATORS!

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited March 2018 in Social Entropy++
Which I believe was the subject of the movie Trouble with the Curve.

Trade deadline is over. Baseball is in the boring okay if the season for awhile.

Tigers are winning a lot of games recently.
A-Rod might get cut

Yankees suddenly have one of the best farm systems

Schide has lost 2 weeks in a row. His 25.5 game lead is tenuous at best.

Giants have Matt Moore and Matt Cain in their rotation. That's too many Matts

Cubs are still good...but cursed

Mets have literally no offense. They had James Loney batting cleanup.

Trevor Story will sock no more dongers this year.

Raijin Quickfoot on

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Giants suck and my fantasy team sucks.

Baseball sucks.

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Aren't you in 5th?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    5th is for losers.

Can't fault that logic.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I wonder if this is the year I buck my incremental trend and stick at 2nd. Doubt it, but its nice to be doing well.

Anyway, Joc Pederson and Michael Conforto are available for pitching. Trade deadline for the keeper league is in 10 days (August 14)

Someone, take my Zimmerman please!

Jesus, 1.2 innings 32.4 and 4.8 whip today.

Anywho, I just saw that my last 4 games, 3 are against Schide, Maximum (I think), and Goose ... So let's see how far I slide! (Still willing to deal players btw)

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This is not a drill. Jose Abreu actually hit a home run today.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i havent watched baseball much this year and am not even using my tickets

this is the worst Rays team since they were called the Devil Rays

worse than the team that started Elliot Johnson for like 120 games! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    This is not a drill. Jose Abreu actually hit a home run today.
    Trade you Joc Pederson for him

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That's been my only hit in 13 at bats so far today.

TRAYD!

I get Junior Guerra and a 20th round pick

FortyTwo gets Joc Pederson.

So long, Joc. I still believe in you, just don't have room for you anymore.

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    I have done well with picking up pitching this year. Hopefully I can do it again.

Aaron Sanchez isn't getting moved to the bullpen. Yay.

For now.

The Yankees have called a news conference for 3 PM today. Mark Teixeira is expected to announce he will retire at the end of the season.

Good. Out with the old.

Pretty rough for him after he left Texas right? Doesn't seem like he ever lived up to expectations.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    Pretty rough for him after he left Texas right? Doesn't seem like he ever lived up to expectations.

He had some good years. He just never stayed completely healthy.

Had he stayed healthy he would have probably hit 500 home runs and be at least discussed as a HoFer

I think he's still in the discussion since he was a switch hitter with 400 dingers. Something people will discuss and he'll stay in the ballot a couple years then drop.

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    The first three years of that contract were great - everything after however. Last year's resurgence bought him this year, but it is time.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I mean sure, Teixeira will be in the HOF discussion the same that like, the Delgado/Gonzalez/McGriff types are.

I know I wouldn't vote for him. He's in the hall of really good players who had some hall of fame like seasons.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    For what it's worth, he's got ~2 fewer war than Ortiz right now, who is only a lock because of the context of some of his biggest moments

He's barely ahead of Lance Berkman, Ian Kinsler, and Brian Giles

I'd say no also

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Abreu hit another home run.
    Bless his heart he's trying to make up for the Story injury on my team.

The Cubs and A's are playing in throwbacks and the network decided to use throwback graphics.

edited August 2016
    Hey Yahoo - could you please properly record Steven Wright's complete game shut out today?

My team could really use that. Ktxhbai

Edit never mind, yahoo had yesterday's game listed as today for a bit.

FortyTwo on
    edited August 2016
    The Yankees are going to have a press conference with A-Rod, Cashman, and Girardi tomorrow at 11 AM. Wondering if they'll announce that they're "parting ways" (either now or at the end of the season) and if A-Rod will decide to announce a retirement or not.

Goose! on
    Yankees to announce A-Rod as Girardi's successor in a press conference tomorrow at 11 am.

edited August 2016
    Close. A-Rod's final game will be Friday. He will remain with the team as a special advisor and instructor. They sent out a press release ahead of the press conference.

Goose! on
    Also, Jon Heyman has spent the last half hour talking about how charming A-Rod is.

Special advisor on how to obtain and mask PED usage!

Fuck that. He's going to be a great hitting coach.

He'll be there to show all the young guys how to get fed popcorn by their actress girlfriends.

He's going to be working with the minor league teams, starting with Tampa, because its close to home.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I think my overall thought on A-rod is: "It is a shame he decided to use PEDs, because he really didn't need them"

A-Rod should he a first ballot hall of famer.

But then so should Barry Bonds. Both of them should have been automatic.

Baseball writer's need to get their heads out of their asses.

Yep. There's an plenty of guys who cheated in the Hall already.

It's annoying he won't hit 700 now. I was rooting for him.

Joe just said he would play him in every game if that's what Alex wants. I could see him totally going on a 4 dinger tear as a last eff you to Hal to make them pay the bonus.