As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

USA Presidential Election 2016: A Day at the Racist

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Speaking of fascists though, I've said this before and I'm sure I'll have to say it a fuckin bunch more times before I mercifully am allowed to die, if you've got the KKK and actual fucking Nazis in your corner, you are for sure on the wrong side.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Man, my girlfriend's cousin posted some pictures on Facebook of some Klansmen handing out some kind of flyer in Rochester, Indiana. She's married to an immigrant from Mexico and it's super alarming to have such visible hate essentially in their back yard.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Man, my girlfriend's cousin posted some pictures on Facebook of some Klansmen handing out some kind of flyer in Rochester, Indiana. She's married to an immigrant from Mexico and it's super alarming to have such visible hate essentially in their back yard.

The klan has had a strong presence in Indiana for over a hundred years, actually. In the 1920's Indiana had the largest number of klansmen out of any state, in fact.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

The klan has had a strong presence in Indiana for over a hundred years, actually. In the 1920's Indiana had the largest number of klansmen out of any state, in fact.

Oh dude I know, it's a crazy hotbed of Klan activity to this day.

I remember back in high school, driving to look at a used car in Knox and passing a giant plywood sign stating "NO JUSTICE IN KNOX" that was related to some Klan activity.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    So, a new Clinton ad targets Trump by showing all his clothing lines are outsourced to other countries.

Meanwhile he hired the British marketing firm Cambridge Analytica who ran the pro-Brexit ads in the country by largely appealing to nationalism, anti-immigration, and racism.

Once again, he Makes America Great Again by.... not hiring Americans and taking jobs he could create here out of the country. Huh. Something doesn't add up.

Go look up the Dreyfus Affair and the Framing of the Mata Hari.

These fuckers, these revanchists? They're always traitors. That's what a fascist is. Someone who believes, so completely and utterly, that their secret name is [National Personage], that they then immediately betray [National Personage] to their enemies and then sputter on about how it's the MUSLIMS, THE MUSLIMS WHO ARE DESTROYING AMERICA!!!!!! Take that, add ephemeral gain and the grandeur of a lost golden age, and you get a nazi. Jefferson would have been a Nazi, but Virginia had no glorious past to lose itself in, so he had to be a patriot instead.
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ugh oh my god, I don't know where else to unpack this, but I guess my Ex and her friend are like anti feminists? They are talking about how women don't actually get harassed for being women but for being terrible, and its like arguing with a brick wall that thinks plaster is way better.

No Bucketman, the word is fascist. Your ex and her friend are fascists. They are not human anymore, you have no obligation to fix them. Sever and euth.

I don't know if you're unable to handle your high or what but you need to keep your shit together if you're going to keep posting here.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    It's true that person hasn't made a single post here that wasn't barely relevant rambling.
    I dunno, the phrasing is pretty exaggerated and overblown but I thought his core arguments were sufficiently agreeable: :)
    A) "True patriots just trying to do everything they can to save good ol' [X]" groupings or factions will always fuck shit up.
    B) Relatives or "friends" that can't keep from harping on various toxic conspiracy/faith-level beliefs, and on top of that treat facts or sources of reference like ebola infection, can't be argued with. You should simply make better use of your time, and sanity, by just staying the hell away.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think proposing euthanasia is a little more than overblown, my duder.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think proposing euthanasia is a little more than overblown, my duder.
    Figure of speech, how does it work?

Panda4You on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    That's not a figure of speech that's making it into the common parlance

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    But trump, can't you just beat the media into submission with your sheer incredible brilliance? Isn't that the entire point of a strongman?

Prohass on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Trump sees himself as Hercules Q. Underdog, invincible champion who will crush his enemies' skulls with his bare hands just as soon as they stop being mean to him all the time.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Trump sees himself as Hercules Q. Underdog, invincible champion who will crush his enemies' skulls with his bare hands just as soon as they stop being mean to him all the time.
    Hercules?
    Well he probably will murder his family and blame it on a woman in power if he loses

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    And then those twelve things he's gotta do?

Well he can hire people for that.

Donald jr. Is already working on that lion.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    edit: something more interesting:

Trump to Propose Moratorium on New Financial Regulations

In a speech Monday in Detroit, the Republican presidential nominee will also call for a repeal of the estate tax.

Look at this great friend of the working class.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Shocking, truly astounding. This is my shocked face.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    And of course, for the regular people:
    Trump will also propose a repeal of the estate tax, sometimes called the “death tax.” Under current law, the 40 percent tax applies only to estates larger than $5.45 million for individuals and $10.9 million for couples.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Isn't it refreshing that a candidate doesn't get his tax plans dictated by Wall Street? Instead we get tax plans that benefit every regular old Steve.

Also Trump clearly cares for his family as most of these plans would benefit them directly.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Government of the Steves, by the Steves and for the Steves

JoeUser on
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Trump will also propose a repeal of the estate tax, sometimes called the “death tax.” Under current law, the 40 percent tax applies only to estates larger than $5.45 million for individuals and $10.9 million for couples.

For me, a temporarially embarrassed millionaire, this is important.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Chris-evans-as-captain-america.jpg
    Not this Steve.

CYpGAPn.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Chris-evans-as-captain-america.jpg
    Not this Steve.

I dunno...
    635997508049536058-CaptainAmericaSteveRogers-Preview4.jpg

• GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Shocking, truly astounding. This is my shocked face.

Fitting avatar

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Trump will help all average joes*!

*You are an average joe if you own at least 1 coal mine.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I'll cut Trump some slack though. He probably heard that Steve Jobs was quite succesful and popular, so he's creating more of them.

Someone probably already made that joke, right?

honovere on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

I feel like this is too-little-too-late to recover any kind of real numbers in polling after Trump's last few weeks of temper tantrums and verbal diarrhea.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

I feel like this is too-little-too-late to recover any kind of real numbers in polling after Trump's last few weeks of temper tantrums and verbal diarrhea.
    Do Trump's supporters really care though?

sig.gif
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I will say the Trump supporters on my Facebook have been super-duper quiet over the past week or so. I think I've maybe seen one post defending him, which is a huge contrast from just 3 weeks ago when I had about 6 people who I was going to unfriend just to stop seeing the crap.

Sorce wrote: »

Do Trump's supporters really care though?

I was thinking more of the people that have recently left his side of the fence and are just meandering around instead of switching; they don't want to commit to a D-vote, but they really can't stomach the idea of Trump in the White House. Even if Gigantor-Oompa-Loompa had a concrete budget plan created by the finest economists available, those recent departees would still hesitate because the man himself is so reprehensible.

And incoherent, let's not forget that.

Oh, and the Bigot King. It's like being the Burger King, but instead of surprising you with fatty foods, he surprises you with minority bashing and the constant threat of being bored enough to start a nuclear holocaust.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Trump will help all average joes*!

*You are an average joe if you own at least 1 coal mine.

Trump will help all average Steves.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

A CIA agent would have a far better idea of how our world works than Trump does and he'd probably have a better cabinet than the Steves and Ivanka. I hope this dude gets some steam

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Trump needs to keep digging this hole.

I want to see a fist fight between him and Pence during a televised rally. Show people what a STRONG MAN he is.

Brolo wrote: »

I want to see a fist fight between him and Pence during a televised rally. Show people what a STRONG MAN he is.

Since Trump has such small hands, his tiny fists should give him an advantage to slip through his opponent's defenses; unfortunately for Trump, he has to stop squinting to actually see which opponent he should be attacking.

edited August 2016

Since Trump has such small hands, his tiny fists should give him an advantage to slip through his opponent's defenses; unfortunately for Trump, he has to stop squinting to actually see which opponent he should be attacking.

His tiny hands focus the momentum into a much smaller area. Just like Ant-Man, but just for his hands.

Ant-Manos, if you will.

Marathon on
    Marathon wrote: »

His tiny hands focus the momentum into a much smaller area. Just like Ant-Man, but just for his hands.

Even a high instance of pounds-of-pressure-per-square-inch is negated by the lubrication of his spray-on tan. I'm not even going to try and calculate the wind resistance of his toupee.

I predict Trump v. Pence will end in the first round.

Sad!

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I got asked by loads of people at GenCon what I thought of Trump, as a Brit

And I just told them that in the UK, a trump is a fart, and this was an accurate description. And nobody knows that! Nobody knows that trumping is farting!

They thought it was pretty funny though. You guys should promote that as slang.

Dude, we're still dead in the water trying to convert to the metric system. One thing at a time, please, one thing at a time.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I got asked by loads of people at GenCon what I thought of Trump, as a Brit

And I just told them that in the UK, a trump is a fart, and this was an accurate description. And nobody knows that! Nobody knows that trumping is farting!

They thought it was pretty funny though. You guys should promote that as slang.

wait so is Top Trumps just a Game of Farts?

This discussion has been closed.