As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect: Andromeda Announced! Featuring EVEN HOTTER humanoid ship AI!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Still waiting on that fixed version that was supposed to be published later on, Bioware...

sig.gif
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Still waiting on that fixed version that was supposed to be published later on, Bioware...

Did you just read what Manwiththemachinegun copied above you?

The only way you fix that is with a flamethrower!

• Options
    I know, but BioWare promised that they were going to release a fixed version. It's not my fault that you can't fix stupid.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    meeeeeeh, who careeeeees, caring about fictional universes and books is for neeeeeeeerds

And then they will wonder why people are not interested in new Mass Effect games.

• Options
    Asthariel wrote: »
    And then they will wonder why people are not interested in new Mass Effect games.

wat

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Honestly, if this were a completely new universe, where the Reapers never happened, I would still be super interested.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    meeeeeeh, who careeeeees, caring about fictional universes and books is for neeeeeeeerds

The problem with the otherwise very entertaining Shamus Young article series was in the comments. People acting like the badness of the ending had defeated Mass Effect's ability to exist as a series forevermore. Yeah... no that game will likely be a slam dunk unless they make some horrible mistake along the way.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I think a big part of the reason there isn't more hype is that there's still so much uncertianity about what Mass Effect Andromeda is.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I think a big part of the reason there isn't more hype is that there's still so much uncertianity about what Mass Effect Andromeda is.

Didn't the same thing happen with DA:I? From what I remember it was a lot of 'no info, no info, no info, some info, OH HEY IT'S OUT GUYS!'

Have Bioware and EA just completely forgotten how to tease and advertise their games?

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »

Didn't the same thing happen with DA:I? From what I remember it was a lot of 'no info, no info, no info, some info, OH HEY IT'S OUT GUYS!'

Have Bioware and EA just completely forgotten how to tease and advertise their games?

Nah, Dragon Age had a shitload of trailers and gameplay demos on at least one stage at E3, if not two

We are like six months out from release and we haven't seen shit

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »

Nobody thought it was that weird that Battlefield only got trailers and junk 6 months out, same with COD, same with Fallout4 same with XCOM2 (of the original release date). Films generally operate on a 6 month schedule, even big ones like the Marvel stuff, why should games be different? Personally, I actually really like having a cool thing get trailed and be told "you can have this pretty soon" rather than "you might have something like this in a couple of years but who knows, things change in development."

With Mass Effect it even makes more sense that EA are holding the first trailers because the last few years there has been a concerted effort to make N7 day a thing for the exact purpose of having a day to put a trailer out against zero opposition to the most die hard part of the fanbase for maximum free social media impact.

I can almost 100% guarantee that there will be a nintendo direct-esque stream on November 7th with the launch trailer and a good dive into the game and the starting party.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they are absolutely preparing for November 7

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Now if you want to talk about a recent game that EA gave like 0 press time for, there's always the other ME2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Personally I hope the media plan going forward for every dev is "We're making it" and then utterly nothing until about 3-6 months before the game releases.

Saves me from listening to idiots cry about how the game has changed from some trailer that came out two years ago.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Personally I hope the media plan going forward for every dev is "We're making it" and then utterly nothing until about 3-6 months before the game releases.

Saves me from listening to idiots cry about how the game has changed from some trailer that came out two years ago.

AKA, the Fallout 4 method.

Utter silence until you drop a huge hype bomb six months before release.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Agreed with the big November 7th reveal. That's just 3 months from here, and 4-5 months from the current release target.

Not only does it reduce the likelihood of things they show getting cut, it also means that whatever we do see will presumably be pretty heavily polished.

Hopefully there'll be a demo released a bit early this time as well. A few (hundred) rounds of the multiplayer really got the hype train rolling.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Really, no one appreciates "Hug Tali" button?

Isn't her suit, just, like, a bag full of spiders? Who would hug that?

Hugs for bugs.

Old quote, but Bugs is what I call my youngest daughter (4 y/o). So I'm always saying, "Hugs for Bugs!"

You sir, have earned an awesome :)

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    M13YVnd.png

:question:

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Was talking to my coworker about Mass Effect at work yesterday and I was reminded of Andromeda, have we seen any gameplay yet? I'm jonesing for gameplay

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Tairu wrote: »
    Was talking to my coworker about Mass Effect at work yesterday and I was reminded of Andromeda, have we seen any gameplay yet? I'm jonesing for gameplay

lolnope

Plenty of splash logos to look at though, do you like splash logos? Because there's plenty.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    There have been very, very short snippets of what looks sort of like gameplay pieces in at least the latest trailer (maybe the one before it too?). There's maybe a full second of the Mako driving around, and I think a gunfight?

Nothing that really suggests what it'll feel like to play it. Just a teaser of what it'll look like to play it.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    3 months from November 7th. I'll be legit surprised if they don't give us something by then. Barring further delays, at that point we'll be under half a year from release, and hopefully only a few months from potentially a demo (if they follow ME3's pattern).

Maybe not, but since it seems to be 'their thing', I can't see why they wouldn't embrace it.

• Options
    This is all the gameplay trailer I need to be excited about Andromeda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn98FdSg-Fo

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Guys, I just wanted to let you know that @Strikor and I have decided to get married on Nov. 7.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    "Take pictures!"

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Congrats Cambi! :D

HEY UNRELATED TO THAT!

I wanna play the ME trilogy again. Got access to the X360, and could go git my PS3 if necessary. I got two questions! Is ME1 significantly improved by it's later port to the PS3? Worth lugging the PS3 over here rather than just playing it on X360? And then ME2 and ME3, are they much different?

Aaaand. If I were to get the Trilogy Boxset rather than grab preowned individuals for dirt cheap, anyone know how to tell the difference between the different versions of it when trying to purchase? There's one that's just a cardboard sleeve with 3 individual games in it, and one that's in a nice unique box with newly printed discs.

http://i.imgur.com/WipAa.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/lru2JHy.jpg

...they have the same boxart! How do you know which one you'll get? I'd rather get that second one. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Guys, I just wanted to let you know that Strikor and I have decided to get married on Nov. 7.

This one wishes for the light of the Enkindlers to shine upon your union.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    This is all the gameplay trailer I need to be excited about Andromeda:

Yes, stock footage is truly the greatest gameplay of all.

You can rewind it and fast forward it. There are no limits!

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Guys, I just wanted to let you know that @Strikor and I have decided to get married on Nov. 7.

Does @Strikor know about your blessed union?

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Guys, I just wanted to let you know that Strikor and I have decided to get married on Nov. 7.
    Are you fully committing to a cosplay themed wedding? Also, will there be paragon interrupts?

yossarian_lives on
    "I see everything twice!"

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Are you fully committing to a cosplay themed wedding? Also, will there be paragon interrupts?

Flashing blue and red lights on the sides of the altar as the priest asks if there is any reason to object...

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular

Well, it's Texas, so a Black Widow X is probably legal.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Mass Effect fanfiction time! Wedding edition.

Hanar Priest- This one now pronouces you man and-

lcfsvtocemhg.jpg

*Cambiata headbutts Strikor and carries him off.*

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    ... approved.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »

Well, it's Texas, so a Black Widow X is probably legal.

I still don't even have a Black Widow I

• Options
    If you don't have 'Suicide Mission' playing as you walk down the aisle, the Reapers win.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    If you don't have 'Suicide Mission' playing as you walk down the aisle, the Reapers win.

Bullshit, it's Spectre Induction or GTFO

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Agreed, and I say that as a man whose most played song from his phone is Suicide Mission.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    They do ok on faces I think. Hair though... not great.

Except for Vanderloo. Default Dude Shep looked good.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
This discussion has been closed.