As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Elder Scrolls: Legends] Open beta, go download!

2»

• Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    It is worth mentioning that the three use magicka potion/hearthstone coin/whatever a player gets for going second counts as a support ability and can be destroyed via the use of cards like Vicious Dreugh and Shadowfen Priest. I think there are a couple of other creatures/abilities that do the same sort of thing.

I randomly discovered that last night during the campaign mode. I was alone in my house, with a fluffy cat in my lap, sipping coffee out of a plastic measuring cup because I was too lazy to do the dishes in the sink. I played my Dreugh and told my completely inanimate computer screen to "get thoroughly pooped on". I nodded sagely, gently scratched my kitty's head, and took a victory drink of my delicious caffeine. I am an absolute jackass.

• JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    It isn't exactly a halfway point between Hearthstone and MTG but I really like this. I've only played to the bit where I got a free solo arena voucher. What's the difference between solo arena and versus arena? Is it vs AI and vs humans?

I like how almost all the cards are interesting. Maybe because I'm trying to learn the cost of statlines here. Meanwhile blizzard just put a 2 mana 3/2 taunt in Karazhan.

• Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    solo arena does, indeed, pit you against the dastardly ai

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    solo arena does, indeed, pit you against the dastardly ai

With that said, the AI is no joke. Sometimes it makes stupid-dumb decisions, but for the most part it's one of the harder AIs I've faced in a card game.

I did manage to get all the way to the last boss on Solo Arena though. It's absolutely worth doing because 1. You get prizes! Yay! and 2. AI draft teaches you a LOT about card synergy, which the regular Practice mode doesn't really. Like, I now know the deck I really, really want, which is a W/A (willpower/agility) Khajiit deck based on Plunder. Steal ur shit, get me boonz.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    khajiit has stolen nothing

khajiit found these 4/4 stats on the side of the road

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    khajiit needs to find a Piercing Javelin

26904.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I've done three solo arenas. Went 9-0, 1-3, 9-0. 8->

Echo wrote: »
    I've done three solo arenas. Went 9-0, 1-3, 9-0. 8->

what's your strat for beating that last asshole

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I went 3-3.

I'm not good at this type of game.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    I got 9-0 on the solo arena too. I just drafted for an early curve. The rewards were ok.

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    9-1 on my first solo arena. I drafted a super-aggro blue/red deck with only a few finishers (big global stat buffs for my hordes, big dudes).

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    I ended up 8-3. One of the elf dudes kept beating my ass, then I got my butt kicked by the final dude and that was that.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Oh look a thread :) Sniped from Elder Scrolls proper thread. This game is fun as a overall first impression. I really like the addition of a more Magic oriented "instant" speed mechanic with rune breaking. Also nice for some anti agro and control oriented type builds from what I have seen. The other mechanic I really like is the splitting of the board into into the lanes.

All in all very solid game if people can get around it "looking" like HS. Which I find a completely unfair statement. This is my favorite since HS though. The mana value might be a little high per card mechanic which might cause balance issues later. I havent waded into vs stuff yet. Sadly the card market just might be a little too flooded right now.

• GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    The story got me pumped right in the beginning, hard to stop playing last night. Very simple story but full of that ES magic.

ES just has the best lore in gaming, full of interesting creatures and stuff. Absolutely loving my time with TESL so far, and I am not even into card games usually.

Oh, and the gameplay is heaps and bounds better than Hearthstone, from my limited experience. This game feels a lot more engaging right from the start.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    ok - the fatigue mechanic is drawing when out of cards destroys one of your own runes - so take 1-5 damage depending on what brings you to next runebreak (this runebreak doesn't force a draw). i didn't check if this can kill you, but i'm guessing it can
    didn't check to see if a normal runebreak still forces a draw in this situation runebreaks don't force carddraw if your opponent has no cards. there's a bunch of 'draw' cards that aren't real draws and instead create cards - those don't trigger the fatigue either, obv.
    gain 1 max magicka effects can take you over the normal cap of 12
    'heal' (used in the regenerate keyword, plea to kynareth) heals creatures to full. this means regenerate creatures can quickly get absurd with the right buffs and more or less only die to direct removal, and plea to kynareth can be a super value card

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    Fatigue will definitely kill you.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
    edited August 2016
    i got the adoring fan unique off of my free solo arena
    it's weird! the 'comes back' mechanic is not what i thought it would be (if destroyed, resummon at the end of your turn) or the crappy version of that (if destroyed, shuffle into your deck). it seems like adoring fan just randomly resummons after dying. maybe it's a fixed period - resummon on the 3rd turn after dying? have to test it
    regardless, it seems pretty bad.

P10 on
    It resummons 1-5 turns later.

haha my winrate is total 100% utter trash

How do I get better cards faster as an F2P player? Already used my one Arena ticket... just grind my face in Casual PvP I guess?

I did my first Arena last night and finished at 8-3. Got the final boss down to 13 points before losing, so I'm okay with that.

Up until now I've been playing ranked PvP up to level 20. I am currently sitting on about 1000 gold coins, despite my abysmal 25% win rate. Personally, I feel like the rewards from PvP are better than the Arena, but that's just me.

26904.png
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I've been kinda insanely lucky in the 4 solo arena runs I've done. Well, one I just a had a deck that just jelled really well, and didn't lose a match. The other 3, I've all gone 9-2 with the last one I won with 1 health left on the last boss. Kinda crazy.

I've gotten enough gold from winning those/quests/levelling up to keep going with my solo arenas. It seems a bit on the slow side for getting cards, but a steady one.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    i like this game

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i like this game

Its like Hearthstone only I don't hate it

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    I kind of really hope that they'll bring more of those stories via DLC or something. I would happily pay few euros for a short but sweet campaing like the original.

Funnily enough one of the most engaging stories I've played this year. Liked it a lot.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Game didn't give me my card for reaching rank 9.

Its ok though. I got 20 gold out of it.

......yaaaaay.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    There was a sizeable patch download for me last night. Are there patch notes somewhere? I haven't been able to find any. :(

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    There was a sizeable patch download for me last night. Are there patch notes somewhere? I haven't been able to find any. :(

You can click the version number in the launcher, I think.

In other news, one of the daily quests i picked was win 3 games as archer? (i think thats what the combo is called, strength and dex cards). I have found out that I'm terrible (or also that my cards are terrible) at building decks that include strength. I think I'm more of a willpower or dex guy.

Yeah, that archer quest is probably going to be the hardest one ever for me to complete. I've managed to eek one out in the last week just by sheer luck, but getting another two wins is going to be rough.

26904.png
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Game didn't give me my card for reaching rank 9.

Its ok though. I got 20 gold out of it.

......yaaaaay.

Bethesda knows about that bug and is working on it.

So, I'm playing this again and I like it more than Hearthstone.

Trying to figure out a blue/red equipment-based deck based around these two.

cuxgvvwzvcor.jpgxco7fx39jn0r.jpg

Looks like this game was mentioned in the PA newspost today. Woo?

26904.png
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Echo wrote: »
    So, I'm playing this again and I like it more than Hearthstone.

Trying to figure out a blue/red equipment-based deck based around these two.

cuxgvvwzvcor.jpgxco7fx39jn0r.jpg

Here is my mid-range Battlemage:

Blackreach Rebuilder - 3x
    Lute - 3x
    Plunder - 3x
    Skilled Blacksmith - 2x
    Steam Constructor - 2x
    Wardcrafter - 3x
    Arcane Enchanter - 2x
    Daggerfall Mage - 1x
    Gardener of Swords - 3x
    Morkul Gatekeeper - 3x
    Northwind Outpost - 2x
    Rihad Battlemage - 3x
    Alik'r Survivalist - 1x
    Battlemage's Onslaught - 2x
    Breton Conjurer - 3x
    Dushnik Yal Archer - 1x
    Sentinel Battlemace - 2x
    Battlefield Scrounger - 3x
    Elixir of Deflection - 3x
    Markath Bannerman - 3x
    Wrothgar Forge - 2x

It's born mostly out of convenience and I'm still hammering out a few kinks, but it does all right at rank 5 ("all right" being slightly above 50% win rate, I think?). If I had to put 3 Heirloom Greatswords in I would try sacrificing a Wrothgar Forge, Sentinel Battlemace, and Lute.

It's very light on prophecies (6), but it really kicks into high gear with the Breton Conjurers and Daggerfall Mage in combination with the Wardcrafters, Elixirs of Deflection, and Sentinel Battlemaces. People will normally try avoid the lane the Breton Conjurer is in, and I try to counter this by buffing him up with random items from Plunder (although an Heirloom Greatsword would work well for this purpose). There is crazy synergy between the Daggerfall Mage, ward cards like the Elixir of Deflection, Gardener of Swords, and the Wrothgar Forge. I almost never have problems running out of cards. This deck has a weakness (like most Battlemages, I suspect) against Silence, hence the Lutes. It also tends to run out of steam in the late game against control decks.

I think my Warrior is better tuned, but I just got bored with it and have been playing this deck a lot more recently. It's fun, and can lead to some hilarious moments.

...and just in case you were wondering, here is my Warrior (I'm very proud of it):

Suppress - 2x
    Daedric Dagger - 3x
    Fharun Defender - 3x
    Oldgate Warden - 3x
    Bruma Armorer - 3x
    Frostbite Spider - 3x
    Mentor of the Watch - 3x
    Morkul Gatekeeper - 3x
    Northwind Outpost - 2x
    Midnight Sweep - 3x
    Mundus Stone - 1x
    Ring of Imaginary Might - 2x