As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Dual thread hunt and this one's dead. Go to new thread.

1929394959698»

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Also someone plz advise on recommendations for HR Gunner armor for a bow user

I'm thinking seregios set for deadeye, but I also dont know....
    My ranged set is Dreadking right now.

>.>

<.<

(It's SO GOOD)

No Normal/Rapid up no sale. Normal Up is better than AuL! Also no focus is a real bummer for bow.

I made a Focus, Rapid Up, Weakness Exploit set for my Teostra bow that's pretty nice. I'd like to get Bombardier on as well for blast and sleep bombing, but it'll require a god charm and some DLC I think.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    Yay Sakura Farming! Soloed the Desert Brawlers HR5 quest. *Barely* beat it. Like I had maybe a minute left on the clock.

I should probably do some upgrading on my equipment. I'm *still* using the BuKuBuJaBu armor from LR.

You get lots of mats for alloy/ingot while doing Sakura so...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    So I am going to need to enlist you guys for srsbiz ADVENTURE - a Hyper 3 quest and the All The Fire Things arena quest - at some point. Just saying.

@Auralynx by pure coincidence I also require this quest...

Noted. If we can find two others willing to go hard at that it'd be good.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    On a different note, since I bounce between IG, Duals, and Bow, I need a one-size fits all catchphrase for when I use my hunter arts.

Currently I yell UNLEASH THE SWARM because I first wrote it when I was using IG only, but it doesn't work for bows or duals

GIVE ME UR WEABOO FINAL ATTACK CALLOUTS

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    On a different note, since I bounce between IG, Duals, and Bow, I need a one-size fits all catchphrase for when I use my hunter arts.

Currently I yell UNLEASH THE SWARM because I first wrote it when I was using IG only, but it doesn't work for bows or duals

I've been using "Are you okay?!" on Blast Dash because it's obviously Buster Wolf.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Also someone plz advise on recommendations for HR Gunner armor for a bow user

I'm thinking seregios set for deadeye, but I also dont know....
    My ranged set is Dreadking right now.

>.>

<.<

(It's SO GOOD)

No Normal/Rapid up no sale. Normal Up is better than AuL! Also no focus is a real bummer for bow.

I made a Focus, Rapid Up, Weakness Exploit set for my Teostra bow that's pretty nice. I'd like to get Bombardier on as well for blast and sleep bombing, but it'll require a god charm and some DLC I think.
    For a lot of monsters, this deficit is completely nullified by a single Charged shot + Power Shot done during a Roar. :-P Normal/Rapid Up gives you a 10% damage boost on Raw, which is around 24 to 28 attack for the Teo Bow depending on how much attack buff you are stacking. AuL is a flat 20 point buff, which isn't horrible. This is in addition to the crazy armor rating of Dreadking (I have more armor than a lot of folks I'm seeing in HR with melee armor) and 25 Fire resist (no Fire Blight).

I'm desperately missing Focus, but I can achieve that with a 3-slot +4 or +5 FastCharge charm (because the Teo Bow has two slots!), which is my next project.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

Nothing. Because nobody cares when I use Round Slash or Sword Dance or Haste Rain or pretty much any hunting art.

Shoryuken can matter, but if it stuns the monster you'll know before you finish reading the text.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular

Nothing. Because nobody cares when I use Round Slash or Sword Dance or Haste Rain or pretty much any hunting art.

Shoryuken can matter, but if it stuns the monster you'll know before you finish reading the text.

It doesn't matter if they care. It just matters that they need to know.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The only good hunting art text I've ever seen was a LS user with [Insert Anime Quote Here] as their art line.

Everything else makes me wish I could turn off the messages for them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    The only good hunting art text I've ever seen was a LS user with [Insert Anime Quote Here] as their art line.

Everything else makes me wish I could turn off the messages for them.
    I need to steal that one... that's pretty good.

Almost as good as the "Weeaboo! Weeaboo!" one I saw.

Mine are pretty dull. It's like "I'm placing a Healing Oasis". For the weapon arts, I don't even care. If it's something that affects the group, I'd definitely want a callout for it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    "I'm doing a thing!" or if it'll effect the group, of course, "ADVENTURE!"

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

What styles do you use? If they're all one-art styles I think you can slot them in different Art locations and have specific ones for each. Might be a pain to activate though depending on panel layout and such.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    You can steal from Overwatch.

"Catchphrase!"

Or the guy who named his hunter Hanzo, only uses bows, and says "Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau"

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Considering they've changed engines several times in the process of making the different versions: No.

It's an intentional design choice. The fact the English speaking world is super shit about urgent quests is probably barely on their radar, since in Japan a ton of their audience still plays local and it's far harder to just get up and leave after like an asshole without being... Well, an asshole.

I really don't mind it, myself. I always need more parts and honestly you can solo all of them without breaking yourself. Four horns they are not.
    Reminds me of how I ecently finished my HR4 urgent in MH4U and asked if anybody in the room needed any quests done before I leave. Didn't end well.

Everybody just up and left immediately after that. I imagine they seemed pretty pissed? Wasn't planning on cutting and running, just trying to let them know I didn't need anything specifically anymore.

..probably should leave out the "before I leave" part next time. Make it sound less like "Yeah, I got mine and you're all now my guilty burden".

Wish there was a more direct way to put together urgent quest parties/rooms. Pink Rathian is a bitch but I wouldn't mind running it three more times afterwards to help, the only part thats rough is joining rooms with somebody that still have five key quests to do that you already finished and then they decide to quit and then you have to hope to find somebody who isn't going to have to do those same quests over again.

Yeah, you do get lots of materials from running all that but sometimes the lack of actual rank progress is annoying and the battles seem to just drag on in ranked quests due to increased HP if you don't go in with a party.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

I've been using "Are you okay?!" on Blast Dash because it's obviously Buster Wolf.

I was meaning to ask you if that was a Terry reference but in hindsight it couldn't possily have been anything else

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Tempted to go ahead and get MHG so I can get in on the action with you guys but I know the minute I do, I'm never gonna finish 4U.

Gotta stay strong.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Tempted to go ahead and get MHG so I can get in on the action with you guys but I know the minute I do, I'm never gonna finish 4U.

Gotta stay strong.

one of us. one of us. one of ussssssss

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Man, adept duals are so much fun. I've been mixing the weapon in between Gunlancing and Long Swording. The evade attack plus the free demon dashes means I can stay on the target constantly. I started the Grimclaw duals so I get a tiny bit of white sharpness. It also charges up Wolf's Maw faster so that's great too. I'll probably make the Hellblade duals too but since I'm actively farming Grimclaw for the Gunlance, I can divert resources to boosting its duals too.

In other news, I learned from a brief random hunt I ran last night that trap spam and 3 gunners (me on HBG, an LBG, and a bow) means Redhelm's perfect hair gets broken pretty fast. If we can't rock that kind of set up next time, I'm up for just bringing a ton of bombs if someone's got a sleep weapon. Though a quick hunt on Redhelm with all breaks and no Ragehair in the rewards is annoying. The HR drop for hair is going to be a nightmare, I can already tell. I think all of the Redhelm armor requires hair to upgrade at some point so there are going to be many bald bears by the time I finish that set.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I think if you had a solid +5-6 bomb boost charm with at least O you could pair it with dreadqueen and either sandman finsword/dream duke shura for a potent status +2, status crit, wide area +2, and expert+2, bombardier sleep bombing set since bombardier jewels are +2. That would be pretty nuts, since shura fan has 1 slot and sandman has 2.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Are there any G rank monsters that can be farmed for materials (for high grade weapons and armor) in MH4U Caravan quests?

I'm guessing no but would make grinding through HR to get to G rank proper abit quicker.

I see the Regios X set being suggested alot as an upgrade to the HR Tetsucabra set.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    see answer in new thread.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    Finally got around to joining the MHGen discord, so I'll probably be up for some hunts in the future. Should be finished unlocking my hunter rank tonight.

I just realized my weapon usage graph is pretty much a direct throwback to my start in MHFU. A whole lot of LS & hammer, and a smattering of gunlance and lance. Given I ran SA nearly 100% of the time in MH4U, it's a nice change of pace.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC