As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, August 5, 2016 - Felid

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, August 5, 2016 - Felid

Felid

Felid

http://campcomic.com/comic/341

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    One-fanged cat is so cute.

I tried to save a big moth the other day, only for my dog to walk up and eat it in one gulp. My little pigdog was so proud of herself. RIP moth.

briguy on
  • Options
    kingcrow15kingcrow15 Registered User regular
    this comic gives me flutters in my stomach. (☞゚∀゚)☞

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    How rude!

• Options
    CryptkickerCryptkicker Registered User regular
    Not 100% sure, but I think I found the hidden cat....

• Options
    Not 100% sure, but I think I found the hidden cat....

We need an "optimistic" rating. :P

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    My big Siberian cat also has a chipped fang, which gives him a super-cool look. Kinda like, "Yeah, I'm an apex predator, and I don't need no pristine teeth to be a total badass".

• Options
    Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    Hey that kid was helping. With higher body mass, a human will be able to better process all those poisons in that butterfly than a cat would. The kid will still be pretty sick though...

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    seeing the cat's beautiful orange marble eyes up close next to a camper is kind of interesting. the camper's eyes (along with every other camper in this strip) have very flat cartoonish eyes which are just black and white, while the cat's eyes have much more detail to them such as the highlight and the outer edge of the iris is a darker hue of orange. Even the cat's body is shaded in a way to make the cat look a bit more three dimensional than the usual feral cat seen in the strips.

it makes me wonder a few things:
    How would the campers look if they were all touched up in this manor? Would it help extend the range of possible emotions we could perceive from the campers? Would it simply be too much of a departure in style and possibly take away from the character's natural whimsy and contrast to the often stark and grim backgrounds? an example of this slightly shaded technique being reserved for background and objects other than campers can be found here in comic #62 "Chute" http://campcomic.com/comic/62 or in comic #191 "Mapped Out" http://campcomic.com/comic/191

The style of the comic has changed slowly into what we see now, so is it possible that slightly shaded campers could be the next style change we see somewhere down the line? Though I suppose it could be kind of strange, I would still be interested in seeing a few strips where the campers are given the same small boost in detail as this butterfly chasing cat in this strip. It would be like watching Hey Arnold throughout your whole childhood, and then finally seeing the Hey Arnold movie. Everyone in the Hey Arnold movie ended up looking like the shading detail was turned up on each character ever so slightly.

anyway... that's um... what I thought of when I saw Katie's subtly shaded cat with cool orange marble eyes sitting next to butterfly eating camper.

• Options
    DougNDougN Registered User regular
    I spent >10 seconds looking for the hidden cat.

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    @BriGuy
    "One-fanged cat is so cute.

I tried to save a big moth the other day, only for my dog to walk up and eat it in one gulp. My little pigdog was so proud of herself. RIP moth."

dogs chomping the air in an attempt to catch bugs are the best! My dog likes to put a bug in between his paws, chomp it into his mouth (without killing or hurting it) and then let it back out to his paws. He always lets them go! Which is kind of why I like this comic so much, that cat reminds me of my dog! :D

• Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    We should have a hidden human in the comic when the comic is about a cat :)

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Did it never occur to these campers to eat the cats? They're plenty of then, relatively easy to catch, a good source of protein and you can sew the fur together and make a nice cat-skin coat for winter. Purdy even has a gun. Come on campers, use your heads!

• Options
    Sarge wrote: »
    Did it never occur to these campers to eat the cats? They're plenty of then, relatively easy to catch, a good source of protein and you can sew the fur together and make a nice cat-skin coat for winter. Purdy even has a gun. Come on campers, use your heads!

Yes
    http://campcomic.com/comic/supply-delivery-2

Apparently the cats are much harder to catch when you plan on eating them.

• Options
    Mr Fish wrote: »
    @BriGuy
    "One-fanged cat is so cute.

I tried to save a big moth the other day, only for my dog to walk up and eat it in one gulp. My little pigdog was so proud of herself. RIP moth."

dogs chomping the air in an attempt to catch bugs are the best! My dog likes to put a bug in between his paws, chomp it into his mouth (without killing or hurting it) and then let it back out to his paws. He always lets them go! Which is kind of why I like this comic so much, that cat reminds me of my dog! :D

@Mr Fish
    I know. Little furry friends are the best. My dog is such a cute little sweetheart. I can watch her play all day. I love when the comic shows the cats playing because it reminds me of my dog and the cats I've had in the past. Animals are just pure joy.

• Options
    hipsoehipsoe Registered User regular
    Thank you, Katie and Adam, for this tribute to our cherished, departed friend Felid. You really nailed his personality and the portraiture is better than any photograph. M&B

• Options
    xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    Oh, so the comic is a tribute! That's very sweet!
    Terribly sorry for your loss, Hipsoe!
    I'm sure Felid is having a blast in kitty heaven <3

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I think the cat gave the kid a look of pity

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Darla's so cute, I wanna give her a hug. I love her legging design. And I'm sorry about your loss, Katie.