As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    You know, I'm sure the decks are not terribly great in the high ranks, but as someone who has hardly any cards (and not one legendary) losing to those warrior decks that just run every defensive and removal card there is to get to turn 10 and then drop a legendary every turn after that is exceptionally frustrating. Dude dropped a legendary on turn 6 that let him get 4 armor a turn, I can't compete with that!

Like, I get that I'm losing because I haven't spent as much time or money as these people, but you ain't gotta be so blatant about it game.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Also, we made our new Shambler today
    He is cute and we are tired

Awesome, congrats!

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Finally got a dagger from an invasion just before the server reset.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Can you get weapons that you can't use or do you have to have the right class for that

• Options
    Dunno myself.

I just kept getting gloves and belts and bracers.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Can you get weapons that you can't use or do you have to have the right class for that

Weapon loot is based off your loot spec at the time you get the cache

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Congrats Mirren and Montina!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    You know, I'm sure the decks are not terribly great in the high ranks, but as someone who has hardly any cards (and not one legendary) losing to those warrior decks that just run every defensive and removal card there is to get to turn 10 and then drop a legendary every turn after that is exceptionally frustrating. Dude dropped a legendary on turn 6 that let him get 4 armor a turn, I can't compete with that!

Like, I get that I'm losing because I haven't spent as much time or money as these people, but you ain't gotta be so blatant about it game.

i hiiiiiiiiiighly recommend Kripp's Disneyland Warrior as a deck for just starting out. it's a cheap deck with no legendaries but it's very good and fun to use, tons of synergy between the cards and lots of decisions to make.

ps: control warrior (what you described) is good, but it's not only good just because of ragnaros and grom. warrior has a ton of cards specifically designed to have an answer to basically whatever the opponent plays, exhausting their threats, then slamming down the threats of their own

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Really enjoying the invasions, though the lag, as you may be able to imagine, makes it more of a challenge. It's really fun going back to these low level zones as a 100 and revisiting towns like Tarren Mill, The Crossroads and Sentinel Hill.

I've bought the felbat, RNGesus just needs to bestow the chest piece and I have the complete set. I absolutely hate this event's bow with a fiery passion, like I also hate the BM hunter artifact weapon with a fiery fel-fuelled passion, but huzzah for transmogs

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    Im still real mad
    Vol'Gin my broooooo:(:(

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I'd like to do more mythics tonight if people are down. I think I mostly figured out what was causing me to drop so fast those couple of times.

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Warrior is really good in hearthstone because warrior's basic cards are so good. fiery war axe alone is one of the best removals in the game.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Yaaaaaaay Mirren and Mont super huge congrats!

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    @godmode

I had the same problem. my solution was to disable the text size increase in windows itself. I don't remember exactly what was going on, but mouse look was busted and it was because windows itself was altering how the mouse interacted with everything.

So turn of the text increase if you have it and see if that works.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    @godmode

I had the same problem. my solution was to disable the text size increase in windows itself. I don't remember exactly what was going on, but mouse look was busted and it was because windows itself was altering how the mouse interacted with everything.

So turn of the text increase if you have it and see if that works.

Windows feature update 1607 seems to have fixed this issue and the problem I was having in Overwatch (hopefully). Doesn't seem to be a game problem.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Queuing for mythic dungeons as dps was a mistake (on my 700 geared hunter with a 715 weapon, just looking for the trinket)

The one group that didn't insta decline me was 2 demon hunter dps, and a demon hunter tank

Took 45 minutes to find a healer and then the run was awful because the tank had no clue what abilities to use

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Where should I go to practice paladin tanking?

I did the legion scenario and did okay I guess after dying one time at the start on accident.

Still feel pretty lost.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    There are some tanking dummies in Warspear that'll dish out constant damage when you attack them. They're good for practicing your mitigation, just be sure to back off when your health runs low since they'll totally kill you.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    get to ilvl 680

then spam queue heroic achindoun until you figure it out

tanking is stone cold easy these days

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    There are some tanking dummies in Warspear that'll dish out constant damage when you attack them. They're good for practicing your mitigation, just be sure to back off when your health runs low since they'll totally kill you.

There's one of those in a level 3 garrison as well.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Damn glide bug cost me a bg win.

Also with my shitty computer, whenever i get a disconnect error like that, battle.net tells me that my game files are corrupted and it needs to take 25 minutes to scan my files to find nothing.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I'd like to do more mythics tonight if people are down. I think I mostly figured out what was causing me to drop so fast those couple of times.

i should be available

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Where should I go to practice paladin tanking?

I did the legion scenario and did okay I guess after dying one time at the start on accident.

Still feel pretty lost.

Its gonna sound stupid.
    But LFR is probably way better at teaching you to tank than heroic dungeons.

Heroic dungeons rarely (if ever) have mechanics that are critical for tanks to learn. LFR on the other hand does.
    Off the top of my head the best bosses to teach you are

Mannoroth - Taunt swaps are crucial unless you're overgeared as all fuck. There's also a defensive cooldown timing requirement.
    Kilrogg - Another defensive cooldown timing requirement, as well as a far bit of positional stuff on those adds/circles.
    Archimonde - By virtue of being the boss people still wipe the most on. Positional requirements, movement, and semi-necessary taunt swapping.

as far as I can recall, none of the bosses in any heroic dungeon will teach you how to do those things. (Which, now that ive posted this I should add doesnt matter if you never intend to go into a raid.)

P.S. if you're worried about fucking any of the above mechanics up, nobody is going to care, it's LFR. Relax and have fun.

• Options
    To paraphrase Mr. Show, "only tank what you can handle, and always know your healer."

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    To paraphrase Mr. Show, "only tank what you can handle, and always know your healer."

If you like Mr. Show, I bet you love mustardayonnaise.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

If you like Mr. Show, I bet you love mustardayonnaise.

Estimated time savings: five minutes over thirty years

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I bought a razor naga

Soon I will be the best at mmos

Bar none!

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Soon I will dominate on the Online playing field.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    Soon I will dominate on the Online playing field.

It might come down with a teensy case of FUBAR in less than a year like my last two did.

Now I'm on a Logitech dealie.

• Options
    I bought a steel series mouse.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Somebody got me my razer deathadder mouse as a gift. Everything is pretty good with it except the middle mouse button broke after about 2 years. I dont really know what's up with it except that it basically just doesnt register being pushed down. (It still scrolls and makes the clicking noise when pushed in. But no scrolling/tab opening.)

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My first Naga lasted just under 3 years, and my current one is about to turn 2! I'll never be able to use a mouse without numbers on the side again. I may get a 9 button mouse next, but I doubt I'll ever feel the need for 9 over 6.

• Options
    Naga is a good mouse I throughly enjoy mine

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I wish I had gotten one with 6 side buttons instead of 12. I keep hitting the wrong ones!

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I'm a big fan of the Logitech G700: Just 4 side buttons so it's really easy to feel the correct one to push, but there are also an additional three that are positioned to the left of left-click. In practice, it comes out to an extra 14 buttons in my WoW setup: 7 plain, then 7 more with the shift modifier. If I got used to pressing Ctrl it could be even more!

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    My mouse buttons aren't really convenient to use with how I hold my mouse.

I usually use asdf zxcv r and t as keybinds.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    The naga mice are clutch, having 1 through = right at my thumb is a game changer. I had the original Naga 2012, used that for a few years without issues and gifted it to my friend who seems to enjoy it.

Now I have the latest naga and for a while it was touch and go, it would suddenly disconnect and then reconnect. Which is really sub optimal when you are trying to not die during a Midas fight in FF14. Some update to the synapse software last year sorted the issue out, which is good because I really like the naga mouse.

My entire desktop looks like an xxxtreme gamerzone with my razer chroma keyboard and naga/blackadder.

Tell you what though, overwatch alone makes the razer chroma a sweet buy. Dont ask me why but its really satisfying to have my entire keyboard flash the overwatch colors whenever my ult is ready.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I have a Corsair something or other. It has a lot of buttons but there's only like 2 I use because their the only ones i can easily single out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Nullzone wrote: »

Weapon loot is based off your loot spec at the time you get the cache

Ok so second question: If there are multiple weapon types that your spec can technically use will all of them potentially drop for that spec? Or are they shunted to one class/spec designation? (Example: There is an agility 1h sword and axe; can Rogue get both from Outlaw spec?)

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    If it would feasibly drop for you under personal loot then there's a chance you will get it from the chests.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
This discussion has been closed.