As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Metafiction

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Metafiction

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    MaryAmeliaMaryAmelia Registered User regular
    Gabe's hair is slowly becoming a hat.

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    More like slowly becoming an umbrella to shield his kids from the rain.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    First bookshots, now this.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    One is not okay and Tycho hates it. The other is clearly okay, as he himself is writing them.

• Options
    Jakk FrostJakk Frost Registered User regular
    So microfiction is like cybersex or sexting, without the sex.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, the joke is that the described scenario is actually happening, and he will recieve no rescue because it sounds like he's writing a bunch of bookshots, right?

• Options
    RigamarawRigamaraw Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    One is not okay and Tycho hates it. The other is clearly okay, as he himself is writing them.

Tycho said he loves Bookshots™, but hates the word, and the idea of someone trying to trademark the novella. Bookshots™ is advertising short stories as "shots" of writing: "You know how you want to get drunk fast, so you do shots? Well we've created the same thing, but for reading!" It's the horrifying cherry on top of the age of people being proud of not reading.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    This is my favorite comic in a while and I so wish there was going to be a follow-up to this

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, the joke is that the described scenario is actually happening, and he will recieve no rescue because it sounds like he's writing a bunch of bookshots, right?

Yes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yes, he is not texting fiction in that last panel.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
  • Options
    TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    Sylvia Plath wins this thread, the comic, the post, the day, all day

• Options
    FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    In the manner of an extended Goku montage, I need to build my writing strength so that I am prepared for the challenges ahead, which may or may not revolve around engaging in literary battles with alien lords or devil gods. That’s what I’m hoping. Optimally I’ll be able to stand in an open plain, gaze beyond the sky, and exhort them to face me.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. XD

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    This actually sounds like an interesting idea.