As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is this [Love]?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Oh man, I saw "Digimon Theme Song" and got excited, but it's just Butterfly...

Which is a fantastic song and all, but oh man did I want it to be the American theme song so badly.

Edit: Oh but the fucking Pokemon theme is the dumb American version

The extended version of the Digimon theme is the only part I actually like about the US amalgamation movie.

How can that possibly be true when that movie has Let's Kick It Up in it?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh huh

It never even occurred to me that the Japanese Pokemon Theme would be completely different.

edited August 2016
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Oh huh

It never even occurred to me that the Japanese Pokemon Theme would be completely different.

It's really fucking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oprKrUcG8yA

(I only know about it because Pokemon Pinball used it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sGx2KNBBnU

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmRAGX7ym8g

It's the perfect toy to give a niece or nephew.

this is so gloriously hideous

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Angelina wrote: »
    "Aug 15 4:27 pm

Um. Yes."

Um. No.

Watching the horse dancing this afternoon after a good lesson. Ooh and Yey a Brit is currently winning individual dressage by a damn decent way.

I need to know more about this "horse dancing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO3NpTcWZ3w

that logo doubles for the Peyronie's Disease Awareness Campaign.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaand silence.

Oh well.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Fuckin' loved pokemon pinball

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    too soon for banjo too soon for banjo
    Is it, though?

Is it?

sig.gif
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Is it, though?

Is it?

I'm your banjo man, that's what I am
    I'm here to do whatever I can
    Be it early morning, late afternoon
    Or at midnight. It's never too soon

• AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    My riding school have emailed me saying a space for me to ride this afternoon. Thank you universe!

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    @Angelina @Liiya my carefully planned campaign against the spare bedroom and lack of richness thereof has begun! Oh good the tiny bits of resin and metal...

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    @Angelina @Liiya my carefully planned campaign against the spare bedroom and lack of richness thereof has begun! Oh good the tiny bits of resin and metal...

Hooray!!

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Aaaaaaand silence.

Oh well.

:bro:

Solar wrote: »

Remind me that I need to pack my own pillow case!

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Hello love thread

I've gotten to the point in my struggle to get good sleep that if I even think about falling asleep I get anxious about falling asleep and thus my heart accelerates and my stress response activates and I cannot fall asleep

Help

I miss feeling rested

poo
    edited August 2016
    Hello love thread

I've gotten to the point in my struggle to get good sleep that if I even think about falling asleep I get anxious about falling asleep and thus my heart accelerates and my stress response activates and I cannot fall asleep

Help

I miss feeling rested

A lot of factors can affect your sleep. If you have a bad mattress that could be causing you to sleep poorly, which in turn would feed your anxiousness about sleeping, which further compromises your sleep. Do you go to bed at a regular time? Have any routines you follow in the half-hour or so before going to bed? Eat or drink?

Without specifics I can make some general recommendations that may or may not apply.
    • Set a normal sleep schedule. Even if you're not strictly tired, go to bed at the same time every night (if possible) and also get up at the same time every morning. Eventually your body should notice the pattern and start working with you on it.
    • Don't do anything with a screen before bed. Put on some soothing music and read, or even just lay in bed listening to it. Something relaxing, preferably something that can take your mind off your sleep problems. The trick is to find something that works for you, to relax you and help ease your body out of active mode.
    • Maybe get a white noise machine of some sort. I find that if I'm feeling anxious, hearing all the ambient noise in my house does not help and really just kicks my brain into overdrive, so I keep a fan running next to my bed. The static noise gives me something to focus on that isn't so distracting and helps clear my head.

Oh and I'd be remiss in the tea thread to not also suggest looking into a relaxing herbal tea. There are several out there that are specifically targeted at aiding sleep. Even if there's no medical reason that sort of thing would work, I find the ritual of having a cup at night to be soothing.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Just laying it all out there, huh

Guys have to learn how to show some class.

Check it...

"Excuse me, miss. If you were a mythological creature you'd be a Medusa, because one look at you and I get hard as a rock."

See? References to Greek mythology make you seem knowledgable and interesting.

Education is classy.

Skwigelf wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Just laying it all out there, huh

Guys have to learn how to show some class.

Check it...

"Excuse me, miss. If you were a mythological creature you'd be a Medusa, because one look at you and I get hard as a rock."

See? References to Greek mythology make you seem knowledgable and interesting.

Education is classy.

Now that I'd probably reply to!

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    While talking about how Sausage Party didn't pay animators and how wage theft is never looked into even though it's often significantly more damaging than petty theft which we do consider a priority she said "yeah you know when you think about it no one really wants to see HOW THE SAUSAGE GETS MADE" and I made sure to let her know that that was amazing but also she needed to live on an island forever now

While talking about Pokemon I told her I had caught a Seviper and named it Ssssssssteven and she said "God you're amazing"

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    While talking about how Sausage Party didn't pay animators and how wage theft is never looked into even though it's often significantly more damaging than petty theft which we do consider a priority she said "yeah you know when you think about it no one really wants to see HOW THE SAUSAGE GETS MADE" and I made sure to let her know that that was amazing but also she needed to live on an island forever now

While talking about Pokemon I told her I had caught a Seviper and named it Ssssssssteven and she said "God you're amazing"

Marry this person.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm a little late, but in my opinion, if it's too early for banjo, it's too late for a relationship.

That's rule number one in dating.

Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm a little late, but in my opinion, if it's too early for banjo, it's too late for a relationship.

If anything, it's too late for banjo. There hasn't been a good game in that series since, like 2000.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

edited August 2016
    i know all the sleep hygiene things and generally do them
    white noise machine
    dark shades
    nice sheets
    cold room

my sleep schedule is very consistent, so consistent that i cannot sleep outside of the hours that i typically sleep

it's just that whenever i really try to sleep then my mind thinks about sleep and then i cannot sleep
    so how i sleep without thinking about sleep is the tricky bit

if i come home exhausted from something and immediately get in bed i will usually pass out

if i am thinking about it in any capacity it is no bueno - e.g. if i am like man i'm tired or i got an important thing tomorrow, i gotta get a good night of sleep tonight, then i won't

the irony of it

i should probably read or listen to something boring to distract myself

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    i know all the sleep hygiene things and generally do them
    white noise machine
    dark shades
    nice sheets
    cold room

my sleep schedule is very consistent, so consistent that i cannot sleep outside of the hours that i typically sleep

it's just that whenever i really try to sleep then my mind thinks about sleep and then i cannot sleep
    so how i sleep without thinking about sleep is the tricky bit

if i come home exhausted from something and immediately get in bed i will usually pass out

if i am thinking about it in any capacity it is no bueno - e.g. if i am like man i'm tired or i got an important thing tomorrow, i gotta get a good night of sleep tonight, then i won't

the irony of it

i should probably read or listen to something boring to distract myself

Hmm, might need to talk to a professional who can help you work out what's actually at the root of that anxiety. Can probably also help you work on specific techniques for trying to deal with it, too. Outside of that, have you tried meditation, or, like, ASMR or something? Some way to try and clear your head?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I take non prescription sleeping pills.

I have a hard time getting to sleep too.

I have restless leg syndrome and am on prescription pills for that, and those pills are supposed to cause drowsiness, but they don't.

I'm on prescription pills for asthma, and those are supposed to cause drowsiness too, and they don't.

So I take two leg pills, an asthma pill, a sleeping pill, and wash it down with a nasty cheap beer.

Gets me about five hours of sleep out of sight hours in bed.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I've been practising light meditation for the past few months and, while it hasn't really improved my actual bouts of insomnia, it has helped me get into a decent head-clearing nothing box routine.

So I reckon give it a go, Shaz.

yeah that's not a bad idea

i do daily meditation but in the morning, meditation is the best

should do it at night too

poo
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

If anything, it's too late for banjo. There hasn't been a good game in that series since, like 2000.

On that subject, the team working on Yooka Laylee released a fun demo for their backers a couple weeks ago.

It's pretty solid! I can't wait for the real game. <3

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

Lead with banjo or go the fuck home.

Edit: Money where my mouth is.

https://youtu.be/fB8UTheTR7s

sarukun on
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmRAGX7ym8g

It's the perfect toy to give a niece or nephew.

Holy.

Shit.

If I get this for my niece, my sister will have me eviscerated by ninja rhinos.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    yeah I turned that off pretty quickly. extremely unpleasant to listen to and not nearly as good as the melodica one

Jars on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    those things legit crack me up

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Yeah, finding out they exist made my life just a little bit better. Apparently that Nelson kid is the only decent player on the internet, though.

• HowToBeSingleHowToBeSingle Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    HowToBeSingle on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    You probably want H/A

edit just because that is literally the environment for this type of advice seeking and also alternate accounts for anonymity

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    If you want different things, your relationship will not work.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    She broke your trust by sleeping with a guy after you explicitly said you didn't want a committed relationship and "shot her down twice"?

Howtobesingle indeed.

For what it's worth, this person sounds like they are pretty convinced they can do whatever they want and you'll roll over for it. I'm all for giving chances, but nobody gets two chances.

This discussion has been closed.