As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SCHEDULE IS UP! (on everything now!) What panels are YOU most stoked for?

IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
edited August 2016 in PAX West
The schedule got dropped today on the PAX West 2016 mobile app and I'd like to hear what everyone is excited to attend panel wise!

For myself, I'm excited for Reviving the Past, Amy Hennig's Keynote, Mafia III Open World, Gwent Standalone and Ask a DM with Chris Perkins panels.

Sound off fellow PAXers! We're only weeks away!

EDIT: Web Schedule got updated whoo hoo! http://west.paxsite.com/schedule

IncreaseBlue on

• jpkjpk Registered User regular
  • RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Looking forward to the Late Night Dub Fight again this year.

tw787Xr.png

• The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    Mega64
    Let's Rank It Panel
    Giant Bomb
    PAX Rumble

lets do this

• ngrosskurthngrosskurth Registered User new member
    It doesn't feel complete. Specifically the MTG panel is missing which is what I look forward to every year.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    It doesn't feel complete. Specifically the MTG panel is missing which is what I look forward to every year.

MTG has the whole Paramount with many things.

YoungFrey on
  • Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    The keynote
    RoosterTeeth
    Mega64
    Nvidia
    And a bunch of other ones like Game glitches look quite cool.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
    Never would get to a Blizzcon, so seeing a Blizzard Panel is a treat.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I'm not seeing any concerts on the schedule. Am I looking in the wrong places, are they not happening this year, or are they happening but haven't been added in yet, I wonder?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    I'm not seeing any concerts on the schedule. Am I looking in the wrong places, are they not happening this year, or are they happening but haven't been added in yet, I wonder?
    Just hasn't been posted yet. Keep an eye on the main PAX West website.

• Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    I don't see Riot Games in the Exhibitors list... Are they not doing the Rift Walk?? I really wanted that Teemo pin...

edited August 2016

Also, the map's description of Bandland really implies concerts are happening (and does a disservice to the non-musicians who work there). Why would anyone assume Bandland was where cartoonists and comedians set up shop?
    nhsky7skgm3j.png

As for the schedule, there is a Deus Ex: Go panel. Which makes me hope the September release date is 9/2. Hitman: Go and Lara Croft: Go were both excellent games.

YoungFrey on
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Acquisitions Inc.

• krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    Retrogame Roadshow, what else?

• sapheresaphere Registered User regular
    Most excited about the Telltale, South Park, World of Warcraft, and Maestros of Video Games panels so far. Still working through the exhibitor list but so many awesome things!

How early should I plan to get in line for something as popular as I assume the WoW panel will be?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The earliest you can line up for a panel is after the previous panel has let in. For the WoW panel, the previous panel starts at 10, so 10(ish) would be the earliest you could line up.

There is also @PAX_Lines, which provides periodic updates on the theater lines.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Markiplier, et al are coming so I know where I'll be.

Stop it. My daughter loves those guys and someone has to accompany her (she's only 10).

At least they're funny and a little subversive. Plus, judging from last year they're actually really sweet people.

I'm also curious about the tabletop times with specific games. Do you have to know how to play or is it cool to learn there?

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    vespachica wrote: »
    I'm also curious about the tabletop times with specific games. Do you have to know how to play or is it cool to learn there?

Those are tournaments. Probably not the best time to play for the first time.

Ah, OK, thank you.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

Ah, OK, thank you.
    Same is true for all the video games listed on the schedule. It says "something tournament" when you look at the details. On mobile you can filter those out.

Cool. I think I just skimmed quickly and saw "Machi Koro" and got excited.

That said, is it cool for a n00b to sit nearby and watch or is it too intense for that? I mean, I guess I would always ask individual players but as a general vibe in the room, what's it like?

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Super excited for: Evening with Pat Rothfuss, Telltale panel & The co-optional lounge & podcast live.

• aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    Cool. I think I just skimmed quickly and saw "Machi Koro" and got excited.

That said, is it cool for a n00b to sit nearby and watch or is it too intense for that? I mean, I guess I would always ask individual players but as a general vibe in the room, what's it like?

You can most definitely watch. There's also freeplay available at the Tabletop area. You can check out any available game at any time and just start your own session. A great opportunity to learn new games! Here's the game library list: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/paxtt?own=1&subtype=boardgame&gallery=large&ff=1

• pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I'm not seeing a Gearbox panel - Unless I'm blind.

Can confirm, I am blind.

pogoplay on
    Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Too many overlaps this year! (I know, 1st world problems :P )

Right now, my top two are the Co-optional panels, it will be a pleasure to say hello to the crew this year, especially with TB's ongoing issues.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    I did my initial pass through of the schedule, Patrick Rothfuss and CAH are my current must-go-tos. Flagged a bunch of other ones like Maestro, FFXII, and Escape Room panels though.

PimDtoK.png
    aleph0 wrote: »
    You can most definitely watch. There's also freeplay available at the Tabletop area. You can check out any available game at any time and just start your own session. A great opportunity to learn new games! Here's the game library list: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/paxtt?own=1&subtype=boardgame&gallery=large&ff=1

Awesome.

Yeah, I know about checking out games but sometimes I like to observe people who know how to play the games because making it through the rules can be a struggle depending on the game. I'm more of a visual learner.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    PAX Prime 2016 is not showing up in the Guidebook app on my android phone. Is it listed under a different name?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited August 2016
    Web: https://guidebook.com/guide/74805/
    Standalone app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guidebook.apps.paxwest16.android
    Looks like West isn't in the Guidebook app yet for some reason

whypick1 on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Thanks.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • MrBroadstoneMrBroadstone Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    If you have the multipurpose guidebook app, then go here: https://guidebook.com/app/PAXWest/guide/paxw16/
    Then tap the link that says "Already have Guidebook? Open in app."

MrBroadstone on
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone been to the Twitch panel on previous Pax? It's off on one of the hotels, I'm curious but not sure if worth the walk.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the Twitch panel on previous Pax? It's off on one of the hotels, I'm curious but not sure if worth the walk.

PAX is in 8 venues including 4 hotels a theater and a concert hall. If you stay in the Convention Center you very much limit what you will be able to enjoy about the show. That being said, PAX as you want to PAX, its impossible to see it all.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    No Game Grumps this year? Bummer.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    Sadly I don't see a Razer panel this year. There looks to be a good one from nVidia and AMD as well as some VR ones that I'm looking forward to :D

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • DeimirDeimir Registered User regular
    I always hit the Rooster Teeth panel, but otherwise I generally don't like spending time in lines for panels.

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I didn't see an autograph session with Mike and Jerry :(

I'm looking forward to the Q&As, AI, and the make a strip :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Any info on the concerts yet? The site is blank, and the app shows nothing.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    Just saw the schedule on guidebook no concerts this year?
    According to twitter they're just waiting for some web assets before they announce the concerts:

• HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    I'm excited about the Nintendo 64 20th anniversary panel...!

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »
    I'm excited about the Nintendo 64 20th anniversary panel...!

Yeah but it's happening at the same time as the superior PAX Rumble.