As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX weekend worship gathering 2016

nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
Howdy folks! For those who don't know me, I am also known as Avidguru from the multi-gaming guild MOG Nation and cohost of the Wildcast podcast. I am a Christian and a gamer; both of these things are an important part of who I am. I have been moved over the last few years to intermix them a bit more.

Last year I started a tradition of gathering with other PAX attendees to have a time of fellowship and worship on Sunday morning. Due to only being able to find a space a dozen or so blocks away, and a tremendous downpour Sunday morning, it was just a cozy few of us. We had a great discussion, and it was a good start, but this year we are much better situated for a good turnout!

The wonderful folks at Plymouth Church have opened their doors to us. I am so grateful! They are on University and Sixth, right across the street from the Hilton. A nice short walk for most attendees. We will be meeting in the chapel at 9 AM. This space can handle up to 60 people; if it looks like we will have a larger turnout, there are some bigger spaces available.

The pastoral staff at Plymouth is helping to put the morning's program together. Let me know if you have something you would like to contribute. I am not a pastor, but I will be giving the sermon (unless someone else wants to step forward!), which honestly will have quite a bit of open discussion in it.

I would like to invite anyone of any religion (or any amount of interest in) to this gathering. Prayers and blessings from several languages and traditions would be really cool. All I ask of everyone attending is respect for everyone else there. This will not be a place for argument or lambasting; if you wish to have a more contentious discussion, let's do that at another time.

Please do not post in this thread to discuss or argue about various religions, or to make derogatory comments. If you want to have a discussion about something in that vein, feel free to PM me and we can do it that way or meet up sometime.

God's peace be with you,

Nixter/Avidguru

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Planning is coming along nicely. If you are musically inclined and would be willing to volunteer to lead that part of worship, please let me know here or by PM!

nixter on

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options
    Hey folks, I am also looking for anyone willing to do one of the scripture readings. Let me know, and see you soon!

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options
    Yesterday I got a look at the space for Sunday - it's very nice! Looking forward to meeting new folks tomorrow!

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    It was a good turn out this year, I really needed this time to reflect and center my spirit. Thank you.

• Options
    Thank you to all of you who came! The morning really warmed my heart, and it was great to spend more time with some of you later on.

I am already looking forward to next year, and am pondering how to spread word of the gathering wider. It was so good to have this time of worship in the middle of PAX. God's blessings on all on you, keep in touch, and see you next year!

O1vSeKm.png