As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Daily GW is a good gold generator. You can get ~500k each day from it, provided you can get near the end.

I'm just going to toss this out: if you want to a guild to raid with, we have open slots. We're doing 2-3 tier-6 raids a week. Good loot. The more people we have, the quicker we can get through each raid, the quicker the loot.

Question: does anyone know if the Consular's Saber Strike has the chance to proc to reduce the healing ability if he's called upon to assist? If so, I really need to get him to 80 and 7-star. His heal is low, but if you can increase his chance to proc the cooldown reduction when he assists, that would just nasty.

All assists call the basic attack, so it has a change to proc.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Aside from Deathmark, Qui Gon and Mace are good for removing the left pig's taunt/counter. Royal Guard is also good for stunning to neutralize him so you can focus on the other two. 88 fully maxed out is siiiiick. His AoE can apply defense down. Combine that with HK's lead plus 86's assist and you're talking huge damage with little to no turn meter.

If you can remain at least in top 200 of PVP, you can easily get 10 Ackbar shards a day to unlock and get him up to 6 stars. Once you get him, the pigs are no where near as bad. Still brutal, but not anger inducing.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Top 200?! Yeah, I basically float around the top 1600-1800.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Still, that's 300 arena tokens as a reward and another 250 from the daily. You can snag 5 Ackbar shards at least each day. Ackbar is totally worth the investment for raiding.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure the daily is 200 shards, not 250.

And 5 shards a day puts unlocking him at over two weeks, and that's just what, 4 stars? Add in gearing and another couple hundred'ish to get him up to the high star values, that's a multi-month project you're suggesting.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm sure Ackbar is great in Phase 1. As is Teebo (or used to be, I dunno, fuck phase 1) and a variety of others, but Leia is also pretty swell, and Greedo/IG-88 are right there for scoundrels, and IG-88 doubles up for Droid squads (which are allegedly pretty baller in the GW) and oh look there's HK-47, and 'everyone' has Stormtrooper Han, right? Plus you can't swing a dead Mynock without hitting groups running Savage Opress or Darth Sidius, etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that the arena shards can be an objective measured in months, so while good to know, the mechanics of the game kind of get in the way of changing course mid stream. And I say that as someone with 7 arena shard characters at seven stars (or enough banked shards to get up there but lacking the credits to pull the trigger on 'em).

Yeah, I'd love to work on Ackbar, and I make the top 200 pretty easily, but with 60 shards left to go on 7*'ing Ventress, I think I'll finish that project first. Oops, that's another week or so on the timeline. :-/

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    It didn't feel like that long when I was working on him. It took a few weeks, but whatever. Just thought I'd throw my two sense out. Sorry if it seemed pushy.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    No I appreciate insights. I got Teebo to 7* after a guild mate suggested him. I'm still gearing him, but he's almost lvl 70 and gear 5. This is the first I heard about Ackbar. I had been getting Opress simply because I could 7* him the fastest of the options.

Edit: I know where Forar is coming from too because everything seems to take so much time. I feel like Qui-Gon will never finish, but he's almost there.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    It didn't feel like that long when I was working on him. It took a few weeks, but whatever. Just thought I'd throw my two sense out. Sorry if it seemed pushy.

No offense taken or intended.

Guess I'm a bit twitchy at times from the GoH forums where people will casually say "oh just farm X, Y, and Z", which are occasionally mutually exclusive, almost guaranteed to take 1-3+ months, and gearing them may be even longer.

The RNG is heavy on this one, and as someone who has a 7 star Barriss, believe me, I've had stern words with the RNG.

And I hear that Arc. My QGJ is at like 39/100 shards. That need to go up to 105 (essentially) is just... ugh.

Yeah, I could drop crystals or shard shop points on evening him out a little, but meh, I'll just eat the overkill. I don't mind trudging towards unlocking Grievous, but ye gods is that 10 to 1 exchange unpleasant.

Forar on
  • Options
    I would love to add Grevious to my droid squad, but I've been focusing so hard the last few months to get my current toons fully up to par fo T6 raiding. The good news is that once they are, I'll be poised well to start getting his shards. That will be a painful one, though.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I'd be willing to join the guild to help out with raids. My Ally code is: 864-924-466. I have a couple of 7 star characters around level 60-70 and I have Obi-wan at 6 stars and level 80. Most of those are gear level 8 as well. I usually try and run the dailies everyday and I finally beat level 6 Yoda, but don't have enough level 7's to beat him this time around.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd like to join as well. 647-899-573

My guild just had a purge and had to remove a cheater so we're dropping to tier 5 raids.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    If there's room for a noob, I finally noticed this game. Would enjoy a guild or friends. 732-541-527. Just hit level 22.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    JMan711 and ArcSyn - I'll send you invites. My in-game name is the same: le goat. EDIT: ArcSyn, I can't invite you because you're in a guild.

Darkewolfe - I'm not going to be able to get you into our guild. They have restricted invites only to those that can actively participate in Tier 6 raids. Sorry to be a stormy cloud.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Meh. I sent friend requests to JMan and ArcSyn. Makes sense that the guild is restricted. I joined a random guild for now.

• Options
    Feel free to add me as an ally. I had my lvl 32 friend do that and he's been loving using my HK in battles. Ally code is 353-898-376.

Definitely find a guild that is raiding at a level you can do. Even if you barely scratch the rancor, you rank in your guild's raid, which means LOOOOOOT.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Man, the escape mechanism is maddening. Just the other day, I failed 8 out of 10 escape attempts in the raid. Today, I nailed 8 out of 9. MADDNESS!!! And it's crazy how much that can affect how much damage you do in a day.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    JMan711 and ArcSyn - I'll send you invites. My in-game name is the same: le goat. EDIT: ArcSyn, I can't invite you because you're in a guild.

Darkewolfe - I'm not going to be able to get you into our guild. They have restricted invites only to those that can actively participate in Tier 6 raids. Sorry to be a stormy cloud.

Quit my guild and found yours after accepting the friend request.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Feel free to add me as an ally. I had my lvl 32 friend do that and he's been loving using my HK in battles. Ally code is 353-898-376.

Definitely find a guild that is raiding at a level you can do. Even if you barely scratch the rancor, you rank in your guild's raid, which means LOOOOOOT.

I think you might've miskeyed. I've tried a few times to make sure I didn't mess it up and can't find anyone under this friend code.

Edit: How do you tell when a raid is active? I'm looking through the raid on my rando guild and nothing doing.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I think you might've miskeyed. I've tried a few times to make sure I didn't mess it up and can't find anyone under this friend code.

Edit: How do you tell when a raid is active? I'm looking through the raid on my rando guild and nothing doing.
    DOH! I'm a FOOL! it's 353-989-376. Sorry about that.

You can tell the raid is active when the guild button in the lower left has a rancor face on it:
    2nryffjyuuhj.png

If it just has a grey shield-looking icon, then there is no raid active.
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Quit my guild and found yours after accepting the friend request.
    Sweet. Welcome aboard!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Dark Side event coming soon? There's a teaser announcement up in the game right now.
    A Disturbance...

There has been a great disturbance in the force. The dark side is rising...

• Options
    Greedo is not a particularly useful character, is he?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Ehh, Greedo is actually one of the better scoundrels once he is built up. I've had my team wrecked by some strong Greedos.

This new Dark Side event is probably going to be unavailable to me personally. Today's news announcement says to prepare your team of rebels.

I do not have a team of rebels. Here is a picture of my rebel team. This is on the Mod Challenges page for the one that is rebels only, since apparently this game does not have a way of sorting or filtering your team on the team management page by their classification. Not pictured here: Lando. He's classified as a rebel, and I have him unlocked, but he isn't showing up as a possible character on this mod challenges screen for some weird reason.
    IMG_04481_zps8crkr63u.png

Anyway.

For the longest time in this game, my goal was getting a team of 5 Jedi characters at 7-stars so I could complete the Yoda challenge. I have completed that, and afterwards I shifted my focus from Jedi characters to a few other just "good" characters that I want for various things. Ackbar is almost done. I've got him at 6-stars and 65/100. He's my best Rebel character. But the rest of my focus of characters has been on improving Dark Side. I'm working on Old Dakka, Kylo Ren, Count Dooku, and Royal Guard. Those are my current focus. Oh, and also First Order TIE Pilot.

The point of that is to say this - I'm not going to shift the focus of my current plans to work on a bunch of shitty rebel characters. Rebels are the worst. I hate them as a faction in a general sense and other than Ackbar, I hate them in a specific sense in this game. No rebel character will *ever* make the team, except Ackbar.

I've gotta say, I really hate the direction they have gone with classification specific missions. It's a terrible system in a game designed around allowing you to mix and match your team as you see fit.

Before the Yoda challenge, when all we had was Arena and Galactic War. The goal was to come up with the most PVP viable team. That meant Sidious, Phasma, Rey, Luminara, and a few others. Then the goal shifted to Jedi for Yoda. But fielding a team of 5 jedi in any other venue other than the Yoda event is not great. So I expended a ton of game resources, time, and effort to get 7-star Yoda, and now I've got really strong jedi which are doing me no good in any other aspects of the game.

This game is stupid and I wish my friends would let me quit because it is awful. But I'm one of the top contributors in our rancor raids so they won't let me quit.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    He's a bit of a glass cannon. A friend of mine has put him to solid use, but that's at the higher end. His thermal detonators aren't good at all, though he has solid synergy with Zem, though that's not worth banking on until she's farmable.

That said, there was a $7 or so pack they offered when I started that included him, which I don't regret buying. Until I farmed up more/better characters, he did some heavy lifting for a while.

Forar on
  • Options
    Also, regarding this new Empire Rising event and needing a rebel team.

Even if I wanted to shift focus and start building a rebel team, the glacial pace at which character acquisition and money cock-blocking that is a part of this game makes a shift in focus completely impossible this close to the start of their event.

So really, this event is only for people who have already built up a rebel team previously.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, that's definitely a thing with these events. They tell us a day or maybe a week in advance, but it takes months to acquire shards and gear and credits, so it's an eternal game of catch up. "Maybe I'll have some of these ready for next time..."

And with 8 possible characters, it's a very narrow window.

I'm at:
    Biggs is 7* and 75
    STHan is at 7* and 60
    Leia is at 5* and 53, but I can put her to 6*
    Luke is at 5* and 60
    Hoth Soldier is available for unlock (61/50).

Lobot, Ackbar, and Hoth Scout aren't anywhere near unlocking.

And with about 4-5 mil on hand, I can get Luke, Han, and Leia up to 70 (if it's a 5 character event), or maybe more like 72+ for two of them if it's a 3 character event.

So the question becomes just how many of these damned things are we expected to have, and how high do they set the bar. I'm sincerely hoping that they actually have separate tiers as many events do, so people can at least get something out of it. The big "do all 8 waves in a row without failing or you get nothing" events are bullshit, and I say that as someone with a fairly (but clearly not deep enough) roster. And with the lack of healing in the squad, I imagine it'll have to be done imperial style; kill fast enough that it isn't necessary. The little 'spend a turn to heal a bit' thing from the other big events never impressed me, though the time it gave a counter attack had some appeal.

Forar on
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Also, Ackbar is so amazingly key for the pigs in the raid. Removing Deathmark is so beautiful.

Yes doing the raid having ackbar or the ewok elder are key. You go from not doing well at all to basically can run until the enrage timer strikes without any problems. Ackbar is the easier of the two to shard up and everybody should get at least one guy who is good at clearing negative conditions for some teams that goober up up with them.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Greedo is not a particularly useful character, is he?

He was not but he is sorta now. he is a scoundrel and one of the easiest scoundrels to rank up so he helps the credit heist stuff. He is not a great character but for things that require you to use a team of scoundrels he is good enough.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Also, regarding this new Empire Rising event and needing a rebel team.

Even if I wanted to shift focus and start building a rebel team, the glacial pace at which character acquisition and money cock-blocking that is a part of this game makes a shift in focus completely impossible this close to the start of their event.

So really, this event is only for people who have already built up a rebel team previously.

They really really REALLY need to increase the amount of credits are available. Before when you basically need one maybe two good teams of whatever you can assemble to do PVP or GW it was fine. But now with the mod challenges/yoda challenge/dark side/credit heist they seem to be encouraging you to have like 10 different teams with very specific requirements on who can be on there and I even have the shards to do it but I simply cannot afford to train all these bastards up and promote them and gear them. Now they added mods to add yet one more level of shit I cannot afford to top it off.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've gotta say, I really hate the direction they have gone with classification specific missions. It's a terrible system in a game designed around allowing you to mix and match your team as you see fit.

Before the Yoda challenge, when all we had was Arena and Galactic War. The goal was to come up with the most PVP viable team. That meant Sidious, Phasma, Rey, Luminara, and a few others. Then the goal shifted to Jedi for Yoda. But fielding a team of 5 jedi in any other venue other than the Yoda event is not great. So I expended a ton of game resources, time, and effort to get 7-star Yoda, and now I've got really strong jedi which are doing me no good in any other aspects of the game.
    This has all been done with one intention: microtransaction the shit out of everyone, because there are plenty of people out there who will be willing to pay to play in those events. It sucks, but you can't exactly blame them.

I got crazy lucky in the Ewok event because I already had a fully 68+ squad. Other than that, there is almost no point in trying to participate in the events.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »
    Also, Ackbar is so amazingly key for the pigs in the raid. Removing Deathmark is so beautiful.

Yes doing the raid having ackbar or the ewok elder are key. You go from not doing well at all to basically can run until the enrage timer strikes without any problems. Ackbar is the easier of the two to shard up and everybody should get at least one guy who is good at clearing negative conditions for some teams that goober up up with them.
    I went from trying to avoid the 1st stage because it was frustrating to doing more damage against the pigs than I do against the Rancor. It's BizarroWorld!

• Options
    Yeah, I don't participate in most of the events because I don't have a squad for them. It stinks, but whatever, I'm over it at this point and it's not for me since I'm not a whale.

As far as the guards, I think it's a bit unfair/poorly-implemented to not count damage done to the two side guards towards the raid damage. It only encourages players to avoid the first stage if possible to get more damage counted against the rancor in stage 2-3. Then the guys who actually do the work of getting through stage 1 don't get properly credited with how much damage is actually necessary to progress through that stage.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    If the rewards were vastly different between close raid rankings, I'd agree. However, the rewards are pretty awesome, no matter where you end up in the rankings.

Obviously if you just fall short of a tier, you'll feel gyped, but for the most part I feel like there is little difference in rewards.

EDIT: Loot is the biggest deal (to me at least).

1-3: T*-01, T*02, credits, guild currency
    4-10: T*-02, credits, guild currency
    11-20: T*-03, credits, guild currency
    21-30: T*-04, credits, guild currency
    31-40: T*-05, credits, guild currency
    41+: T*-06, credits, guild currency

The biggest slap in the face is rank 4. That's a rather decent jump from 4 to 3.

To be honest, over 40%* of my raid score is done from the pigs. I don't know what my percentage is per Rancor stages, but evened out that's only 20% for each (It's probably more like 30%/20%/10%), so I'm doing a hell of a lot better with the pigs than I am with the Rancor. I'm trying to figure out how to get better at the Rancor part, because some people are flat out tearing that shit up once the Rancor hits.

I also remember how much it sucked going against them without Ackbar to remove Deathmark, so I totally get why people shy away from the first stage; it's frustrating getting your ass handed to you while doing so little damage because the other two guards are soaking everything up before you barely get to slap the main guy. That being said, I don't mind being one of the main guys who cleans up the pigs so that everyone else can get to stomping on the Rancor.

*That's for the current raid, and I got lucky with all of my evades which allowed me to use HK, 86, and 88 for three attempts. This time around I did 1.2 million, but typically I get between 550k and 800k during the first round.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Le_goat and all the other PA folks. Thanks a ton for the friending! You are huge helps in clearing stuff.

To join the big boys guild I would need a full set of 7 star max level guys, right? That's a ways off.

I added all the friends I saw on the last page or so, but if anyone else wants to friend me: 732-541-527. You high level folks are great freinds. :P

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The guild I'm in has the requirement of a full squad of 6-start level 80 toons, as we run Tier 6 raids. T6 has a 6-star requirement and the Rancor is level 80, so using characters less than 80 results in decreased damage output and chance to proc negative effects, as well as taking increased damage and less chance to resist negative effects.

If you are close to that requirement, the head officer may not mind so long as you are contributing and making strides to improve your squad.

I'd still recommend joining a guild, though. You'll get to participate in raids, which offer great loot and credits. Additionally, you'll get daily guild activities which will reward you with guild currency, which you can use to buy shards or raid mats. Lastly, you can also get involved in mat exchange, which is pretty handy.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    double post - sorry about that

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Arc and JMan - How'd that raid loot work out for you? Was it helpful?

• Options
    I'm in a guild that's doing the level 20 rancor. Guildmaster said he'll do the level 30 rancor next time. All of that seems appropriate for where my account is at. My only complaint is that not everyone in the guild is super active, so it seems like we can't trigger the raid as often as we'd like since we're not earning coins super fast. I will probably need to seek out a more active mid-tier guild once I get past level 40 or so, where probably most people are either serious or quit.

• Options

I forgot to check what it was before hitting claim. Is there a way to look at it afterwards?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    Just started playing this game myself and could use some allies. I'll be sending some requests, and my ally code is 268-674-924.

• Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I forgot to check what it was before hitting claim. Is there a way to look at it afterwards?
    Unfortunately, I don't think so (unless someone else knows how to). Not to worry, though. We should have this new raid completed in 2-3 days.