As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Injustice 2] Ninja Turtles? Ninja Turtles.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    New trailer for Harley Quinn & Deadshot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbjv7qCIeE

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yeah, that Harley trailer seals the deal. Definite day 1 purchase for me.

She looks awesome in all her different costume pieces!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Now if only she had her PG outfit as an alternate, right? :)

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    If I had to guess Wonder Woman's origin from that model I would go with "bitten by someone's radioactive aunt"

• Options

That'd be sweet! I'm also hoping Power Girl makes it into the game as well. She and Harley would have some great pre-match banter. Though, I would accept Poison Ivy if they won't do Power Girl.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

That'd be sweet! I'm also hoping Power Girl makes it into the game as well. She and Harley would have some great pre-match banter. Though, I would accept Poison Ivy if they won't do Power Girl.

I don't think Powergirl will be a stand alone character but I read that in some way she ties in to Supergirl. Perhaps she's an alt, which would be fitting. Better than nothing, I suppose. I'm a big fan of PG so I'll be happy if she's in there at all.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Was thinking about this last night, and I feel like it may be the ultimate offline solo-player's fighting game. I know how Netherrealm fighting games work, and their systems are something I can easily wrap my slightly below average fighting game skill around. NR also makes robust singleplayer fighting game experiences to begin with, but at the same time you play the story mode, arcade mode, and various ladders for a while and you're done. Now they're adding that carrot of chasing loot for your favorite characters. That's really exciting to me, because it feels like it's going to add a ton of replayability and like... a mysterious draw to playing matches because "Oooh, what am I gonna get?" I am keeping my expactations in check, though! Not going to set myself up for disappointment by hyping it up too much with what I think will be in the game.

Have they talked much about the loot system yet? Like, are there a set number of pieces per character, or is it RNG Diablo style?

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQuPRTFmK4

Lookin good!

I wonder if it's for demo purposes, or if the max level per character is 20. Either way, that's a lot of loot there!

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am looking forward to this. I hope the PC port is fantastic.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/2AgKRG1nhFA

Basically they held two fan polls to gauge interest for guest characters in IJ2. Sub Zero won the MK poll, and Spawn won the Non-MK one... but then Ed Boon said Hellboy might make it in too as well. Gotta say, those would be two badass guest characters, ad actually comic related, too. If this keeps up, IJ3 may become Superhero Smash Bros.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

NRS has a terrible, terrible history with PC ports. I would strongly advise against getting this for PC. If they do a port, it will be outsourced, buggy, lag behind in patches, not share the console playerbase, and they'll drop support for it way before the console versions. Stay away.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    In their defence haven't they made some strides in actually making amends to the PC community:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-05-it-looks-like-warner-has-fixed-mortal-kombat-x-on-pc

Still doesn't excuse the initial shoddy behaviour.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I actually just picked up MKX on Steam after seeing the work that has been done to get it to where it needs to be. It still seems like i has some issues (stuttering seems to plague a lot of people, myself included, and seems tied to a bizarre choice to have the game and its in-game cinematics run at different framerates) but the game's definitely playable, finally has all the DLC, and is a hell of a lot of fun.

• Options
    They better not do Hellboy without Ron Perlman, that's all I'm sayin'. Spawn is dumb but at least he's a comic character. No more MK characters please Netherrealm. If there are guest characters they should originate from comics.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Yeah it drives me nuts that they waste time with an MK character when they have the MK series right there. It's super dumb and I can't figure out why anyone would want it

• Options
    Meh I don't mind, people don't get mad when they toss Horror movie characters in MK.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Meh I don't mind, people don't get mad when they toss Horror movie characters in MK.

but thats because there isnt a game full of horror movie characters by netherrealm already out. Also if it were a character that wasnt also available in X that might be ok. Basically tho Ed has said that the DLC is a moneymaker for them so it makes sense to go with the popular request.

Prohass on
  • Options
    I'm guessing MK characters are fairly easy money makers, they're popular, they own the rights and they have the character models available.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I'm guessing MK characters are fairly easy money makers, they're popular, they own the rights and they have the character models available.

For all the complaints NRS said Scorpion was far and away the best selling DLC character in Injustice 1.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Scorpion being released in Injustice 1 was enough to ruin the game for me. Yeah, I'm one of those guys. I don't want non-DC dudes in my DC game.

If they're already talking about MK guest characters and other out-of-universe guest characters, I'm out. I don't want to play their stupid game with non-DC characters in it.

Stop wasting time and resources developing these things and put effort into giving us more DC characters instead.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I can't imagine they'll exclude MK fighters given scorpion was such a success. They don't show up in the story mode, or at least didn't last time, so I dont mindseeing them. Personally I really didn't like Freddy in MK but Jason is fine. I'm not hugely attached to most DC characters (or marvel for that matter) so seeing some of my favorities possibly shoe up from MK is nice.

Part of the problem is the "new shiny" effect. Yes MK still exists, but typically the previously releases get quietly pushed to the side at big events. Hopefully there will be a longer tail but if I remember correctly you MK9 essentially disappeared when injustice came around.

• Options
    Comic cross
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Scorpion being released in Injustice 1 was enough to ruin the game for me. Yeah, I'm one of those guys. I don't want non-DC dudes in my DC game.

If they're already talking about MK guest characters and other out-of-universe guest characters, I'm out. I don't want to play their stupid game with non-DC characters in it.

Stop wasting time and resources developing these things and put effort into giving us more DC characters instead.

Comic crossovers happen all the time, I think it helps widen the appeal of a game like this. You'll find people more excited to pick up Mortal Kombat, even if they're not fans of the series, to play as the horror icons.

Similarly I bet there'll be some big Hellboy and Spawn fans who'll be excited to pick up Injustice on the back of this, even if they're not big DC fans.

I'll be honest, it took Injustice to actually get me in to DC, I didn't know a lot of characters from the universe prior to picking up the game. Since then I've digested a ton of media.

• Options
    The thing is, we literally just had MKX. Sub Zero has already had tons of recent exposure. If people wanted to play as him, they would have already done so.

I dunno. I realize I'm in the minority here when I want the roster to be kept "pure" but that's just how I feel. And this will probably prevent me from buying it. It's that much of a dealbreaker.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Boom ran 2 polls. Which comics guest (hellboy, spawn, terminator and I forget) and which MK guest.

Sub Zero and Jonny Cage won the MK one.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »

NRS has a terrible, terrible history with PC ports. I would strongly advise against getting this for PC. If they do a port, it will be outsourced, buggy, lag behind in patches, not share the console playerbase, and they'll drop support for it way before the console versions. Stay away.

This isn't just NRS, it's Warner Bros games in general (see: the Arkham Knight shitstorm)

It's the publisher with the habit of forcing rushed PC ports from third parties who are either abjectly shit (see: High Voltage Studios) or don't (can't) have the time to even fix their mistakes
    That's not to say that NRS isn't partly responsible for those sorts of breakdowns tho

• Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Of all the Injustice DLC characters, Scorpion sold the best. So an MK guest is happening.

I can live with it, but I'm hoping for Hellboy too.

As long as we're dreaming, let the lawyers fight it out so we can get the Marvel vs DC game the world has always wanted.

Indoorsman on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I want them to pull one of the other teams from their multi-verse to throw into Injustice.

I want The Midnighter in the fray.
    I want Swamp Thing fighting for the Green
    And I want ANIMAL MAAAAAAAN!

and as long as I'm dreaming. Can I get Star Man as well?

• Options
    I don't get the fuss over MK characters really, they aren't much more ridiculous than the ones from DC anyways. If you dislike them just, don't buy them/play as them? You'll seem them online, sure, but you can ignore them for the most part.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Derrick wrote: »

I'm willing to lay this at the feet of WB as opposed to NRS. Warner Bros across the board is responsible for shit PC ports

In the end it's moot: don't buy the PC port.

Grape Ape on
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I want them to pull one of the other teams from their multi-verse to throw into Injustice.

I want The Midnighter in the fray.
    I want Swamp Thing fighting for the Green
    And I want ANIMAL MAAAAAAAN!

and as long as I'm dreaming. Can I get Star Man as well?

While we're dreaming, how about the Earth-C Zoo Crew?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I don't get the fuss over MK characters really, they aren't much more ridiculous than the ones from DC anyways. If you dislike them just, don't buy them/play as them? You'll seem them online, sure, but you can ignore them for the most part.

It's not that I dislike the MK characters, I love MKX! MK is my jam. It's just, we already have a game with those exact MK characters, it's the double up that bothers me. Instead of using the enormous roster that the DC universe offers, having time and resources go into an MK character which will basically be the same as they are in MKX just feels like a missed opportunity. Arguably the fact that they make so much money on it you could say that those resources wouldn't be going to a DC character anyway, but it's hard to not feel like it's taking the place of a DC possibility, of something new.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular

Wait, so you'll be upset if Hellboy and Spawn make guest appearances? I can understand MK - they game is already there - but non-DC comic book related appearances would be super awesome, IMO.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I'm a huge mark for silly crossover business in general, so I'm up for whatever dumb nonsense they decide to throw in

BUT I'll also be really sad if we only get Spawn and not Hellboy

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Wait, so you'll be upset if Hellboy and Spawn make guest appearances? I can understand MK - they game is already there - but non-DC comic book related appearances would be super awesome, IMO.

Technically both Hellboy and Spawn have appeared in DC crossover stuff
    Batman / Spawn
    Batman / Star Man / Hellboy

So...technically they have been in DC canon.

• Options
    Not DC canon, no. Those crossovers are part of their "Elseworlds" series and are very clearly marketed as nothing more than crossovers for the sake of a dime.

And yes, I don't want Hellboy or Spawn in my DC game either. I like both of those characters. I enjoy both of their comics and they are fun dudes.

But we have never had a pure DC fighting game. Literally every time there has been crossover and guest characters on the roster. For a character like Sub Zero or Scorpion, I can understand that very little development time is used on them because they are able to reuse art assets, concepts, animations, and all of that. So there's very little effort in bringing one from MKX into IJ2. I get that.

The problem is, they have never delivered a game to us that is just DC without that stuff. I'd like a pure game just once ever. Just one time. Especially since this is now the 3rd time that we have had Mortal Kombat cross over into DC.

We had DC vs Mortal Kombat. Then we had Injustice 1 with the Scorpion crossover. And now we're getting Injustice 2 with Sub Zero.

Enough is enough I say. Just make a game without the crossovers.

Honestly, for me, the Hellboy and Spawn stuff is even worse, because those are assets that don't exist, which means they are building those characters from the ground up. All artists, all animators, all texture artists, move designers, motion capture, balance testers, voice actors, budget, everything has to be allocated to those. And I'd rather them use all of those resources to add more DC characters, considering how rich the DC universe is. Especially on the villains side of things. There's a whole wealth of untapped DC villains to be used.

• Options
    And for the record, this isn't just a DC thing. I don't like guest characters in any game. I think I'm just an in-continuity purist.

I didn't like Link, Spawn, or Heihachi in Soul Calibur 2. I didn't like Freddy in MK9.

Heck, I don't even like out-of-universe crossovers in mashup games, and that's the whole point of a mashup. For example, the inclusion of Mega-Man and Pac Man in the latest Smash Bros really irritates me. I want that game to be a pure Nintendo universe series.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Except DC's entire legacy is built on cross overs. Hell...the cross overs got so bad they had to do Crisis of Infinite Earths to consolidate the madness into one continuity. And even then we had Vertigo and Wildstorm. And those brands cross over with DC in both directions as in canon stories. Hell...in Wildstorm they killed off the Stormwatch line at one point with a cross over with Aliens. So even Dark Horse cross overs are canon.

DC is nothing but a network of interconnected alternate realities and considering the main universe is Earth-2.
    DC and Mortal Kombat are both owned by Warner Brothers so it could be argued that Mortal Kombat just exists in one of those alternate universes. All it takes is Superboy throwing a super fit and punching the universe to make it happen.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    If they want a Hellboy just use Etrigan

If they want a Spawn just use Ragman

Just let me have Guy Gardner or Booster Gold this time

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    If they want a Hellboy just use Etrigan

If they want a Spawn just use Ragman

Just let me have Guy Gardner or Booster Gold this time

You can have Guy Gardner as long as one of his alternate modes is Red Lantern Gardner from Blackest Night.

• Options
    And for the record, this isn't just a DC thing. I don't like guest characters in any game. I think I'm just an in-continuity purist.

I didn't like Link, Spawn, or Heihachi in Soul Calibur 2. I didn't like Freddy in MK9.

Heck, I don't even like out-of-universe crossovers in mashup games, and that's the whole point of a mashup. For example, the inclusion of Mega-Man and Pac Man in the latest Smash Bros really irritates me. I want that game to be a pure Nintendo universe series.

Man, I respectfully gotta disagree. I understand maybe the idea of a lost slot for a fan favorite, but not this anti-fun attitude. Smash Bros is fun because it's all iconic game stars from multiple companies, not just Nintendo.

Considering we only get Injustice games at all because MK is a thing, I would take 'three non cannon character plus 25+ DC characters' and still be happy over no game at all. Where do you draw the line? Is Watchmen stuff bad for IJ? Do Final Fight characters in Street Fighter bug you? What about Marvel Vs Capcom?

If you play the story of Injustice, the guest characters don't show up. If you play MK, Freddy doesn't just pop in and start ruining everything. I dunno, I think this is just a weird nitpicky thing that you shouldn't care so much about. It's also sorta selfish towards all the people who do enjoy guest characters, especially when you can forgo buying the specific characters you dislike.

But hey, you do you.