We’ve been able to ascertain that we were at low risk and have restored access to a number of accounts that were still awaiting a reset. We highly recommend making sure your email is up to date and resetting your password. Better safe than sorry. More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions
. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
How To Kill A Dracula, and Other Lesser Undead
A large category of loosely connected being that are connected by one simple fact, they were once alive but are now instead animated by evil magics. Beyond this there are few similarities between types of undead as the difference between even a zombie and a ghoul can be massive. Though this may sound odd it is important to remember that all undead are created by an outside source and therefore are designed and not typically naturally occurring leading to specialization in intent. This is most notable in skeletons, as many have armour weaved into them or some secondary feature based on their origin.
This said there are several categories of undead used, with each undead typically falling within atleast two of these allowing for generalized tactics to be used and developed.
- Corporeal: These are typically the fleshy or bony undead. In most cases mundane weapons work fine against them with some considerations like skeletons being hit harder to hit with a sword and such like. They are often considered the easiest to deal with.
- Incorporeal: Shocking no one, this is the second physical classification of undead.This is your standard ghost and spectre, something that can not be typically touched by mundane things but seem to have an ability to affect the material world. Though more difficult to deal with finding means to rebuke them are becoming more commonplace with magic and experimental energy weapons, however one typically has to sever their connection with the world to truly be rid of them.
- Intelligent: Intelligent undead are those able to act beyond an animal like intelligence, they might not show a human like demeanour but they aren’t mindlessly wandering around either. It should be noted that no intelligent undead is still their former person, with rare exception in the lich, and instead is an entirely new being. Do not trust the newly risen vampire or zombielord, they are now a new monster.
- Mindless: the typical movie zombie type undead fill these ranks. Acting as little more than attack animals wandering around listlessly attacking every living thing they see. These are the easiest to plan against as you don’t have to worry about them adapting to new plans, their method of attack is a straight line and the path of least resistance.
- Reenactors: a somewhat rare type of undead, these are the usual ghosts in most TV shows, forced to live out an act they did in life until someone manages to break the cycle, this is a new category as we have witnessed all types of undead stuck in these kinds of loops, some aware of their fate, others not. These are commonly the least dangerous undead, but breaking them of their cycle can be very unpredictable.
So, join me as we discuss the general categories of undeath and then break into specific cases of undeath as we learn how to finally kill, a Dracula.