As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West Party Line 2016

• dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    Any news on a twitch party? Last few years they've had it at the garage bar and it was easily one of the best parties I've been to at PAX =)

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    Any news on a twitch party? Last few years they've had it at the garage bar and it was easily one of the best parties I've been to at PAX =)

Been going to PAX for years now and I've always wanted to go to the Twitch party!

• nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Hey folks, I am putting together a worship gathering on Sunday morning again, this time in a much more convenient location!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/206442/pax-weekend-worship-gathering-2016

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2016
    Updated post for RBAP3:

For the third year in a row, Seattle Rock Band Group brings to you the Rock Band After Party!

Join us on Monday, September 5th at the Unicorn, just a 15 minute walk up from PAX, for a night of great music, good fun and a whole lot of rock!

The event starts at 7pm and goes all the way until 1:30am. Most of it will be freeplay, but from 8:30/9 to ~11, there will be a Battle of the Bands!
    Gather your friends together, pick your best song, get up onstage and try to melt our Special Guest Judges' faces off for some sweet prizes! More info soon!

Mini FAQ:
    Q: When is this event taking place?
    A: Monday, September 5th, from 7:00PM-1:30AM.

Q: Where is this party located?
    A: The Unicorn/Narwhal. 1118 E Pike St, Seattle, WA. It's about a 1/2 mile east from the convention center. You can either walk, grab a lyft/uber/whatever, or hop on a variety of public transit options. It's only about 12 blocks away(up a hill, though), so should only take about ~15 minutes from the convention center.

Q: What are the hours?
    A: 7PM to 1:30(45?)AM. We're going to rock as long as we can. Lets tear the place down and close PAX out right.

Q: What ages are welcome/is this 21+?
    A: Sadly, The Unicorn is a bar. So...21+ only.

Q: How much will this event cost?
    A: IT's FREEEEEEEEE!

Q: Do I need to buy a ticket, or can I just show up?
    A: Tickets aren't available. Just show up, doors should open at 7PM and everything should be underway. With it being FREE...I could imagine it might get packed. The one GREAT thing...The Narwhal(downstairs, where RB and Pinballs are) has AC.

Q: What kind of food is served?
    A: Here's the food/drink menu: https://www.zomato.com/seattle/unicorn-capitol-hill/menu

Q: Is alcohol served?
    A: Yes. There are full bars upstairs and downstairs.

Q: I heard you have video games. What kind?
    A: There are pinball machines, some retro arcade games and Big Buck Hunter downstairs.

Battle of the Bands FAQ:
    Q: Battle of the Bands?
    A: Yes.

Q: What if I don't have 3 other friends for a full band?
    A: Find other people who don't have a full band and make one? If you're missing just one or two members, we do have some staff that can possibly fill in those spots.

Q: Can I sing in my own band and also play an instrument in my friends band?
    A: For the competition, due to time constraints, we're going to try to limit people to one band and one song. Our staff may fill in for empty spots in other people's band when needed, but their performance will not be factored into that band's performance. In freeplay, go ahead, but try to be nice about not being on stage two songs in a row. There will be other people here wanting to play, so let them play too.

Q: Special Guest Judges? Whats that?
    A: For last year's BotB, we did an internet straw poll and that was a little silly of an idea, so I'm taking the decisions out of the hands of the fans and out of my hands, even, and giving it to a fresh set of eyes. The judge's panel will be watching every detail of your performance and deciding which group takes home the big prizes. They'll be watching for Presence, Power and Perfection. Meaning you'll need great stage presence, a powerful performance and a decent ability to actually hit the notes. More Presence/Power over perfection, tbh. A little bonus if you're all in costume or outfits for the night. Who are the judges? We've got Jackie Hell, a local Seattle drag queen. Criss Bürki, the Associate Community Manager with Harmonix. And we also have Cody von Whistler, a local radio personality and the solid steel voice of 3-2-1 BATTLE!

Q: Prizes? Whats that?
    A: I cannot speak to what we have in store at the moment, as we do not have everything locked down. All I know for sure is we have two brand new Cherry Red Fender Jaguar Guitar Controllers for Xbox One, gift cards to the venue we're at(to pay for your tab), maybe a shirt/hoodie from the Unicorn. More details to come. I may be putting up my own RB4 Xbox One Kit(still NiB), but we'll see.

Q: What songs are available?
    A: We should have all of Rock Band 4 and whatever available DLC there is. Unless things go wrong, we will be playing RB4 with our solid guitars and ION kit. If things go wrong, then we'll be playing RB3.

Q: How do I signup?
    A: When you get to the venue, fill out a song slip and put *BOTB* on the top of it and hand it to our MC's to get your song in there. Please turn it in by 8:30PM!

Last year's last song, with a playlist for the whole show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NB0x4WgbWs&amp;index=2&amp;list=PLofDs2CjiYjw7PFNFJoLyc3DnTQjXAISB

Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1797963763819475/

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • kalanikalani Straight Edge O.G Edmonds WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I don't drink alcohol.Is there any good parties close to the convention center .That serves food

kalani on
  • madnessofcrowdsmadnessofcrowds Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    One more pre-PAX party:

PAX Countdown 2016
    Thursday, 9pm at Kremwerk (1809 Minor Ave #10)

Fun, welcoming, geeky, mashups, games, fun again, 21+. FREE admission. DJ King of Pants

https://www.facebook.com/events/676330149181381/

• hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Another Castle Video Games in Edmonds is having a pre-pax 2v2 Rocket League tournament on Thursday 9/1 @ 6:00pm

$15 for teams
    $10 for Individuals

Prizes, Drinks and good times

https://www.facebook.com/events/1577854969186067/

hyrulehero96 on
    Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • AK Shadow92AK Shadow92 Anchorage, AlaskaRegistered User regular
    kalani wrote: »
    Does any one know the email for ArenaNet or for guild wars 2 .I want to go their community party during PAX West weekend.But i dont have access to their forum to request a invite to their party. I keep on getting this message when i try to login .Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2. But i have a account and i have guild wars 2
    If you find anything out let me know I am a major GW fan been playing since the first one, I can also look into this as well I hope I can get into it to.

• ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Does any one know the email for ArenaNet or for guild wars 2 .I want to go their community party during PAX West weekend.But i dont have access to their forum to request a invite to their party. I keep on getting this message when i try to login .Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2. But i have a account and i have guild wars 2
    If you find anything out let me know I am a major GW fan been playing since the first one, I can also look into this as well I hope I can get into it to.

There is no email you have to have forum access and PM someone. Invites are by a random drawing.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• kalanikalani Straight Edge O.G Edmonds WARegistered User regular
    I think i just have bad luck .When i try to login i keep getting the same message .Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2. But i have a account . I just cant login to the forums

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    I still regret waiting in that ridiculous long line for the GW2 party in 2014. When I finally got in the place was a mess, all the food was gone and there was nonstop shoulder bumping because of the crowd. Never again!

Oh, and I didn't win any of their raffles.

xg81x9uysw01.png
    solomon123 wrote: »
    I still regret waiting in that ridiculous long line for the GW2 party in 2014. When I finally got in the place was a mess, all the food was gone and there was nonstop shoulder bumping because of the crowd. Never again!

Oh, and I didn't win any of their raffles.
    I'm hopping thats not the case with this year.

ElmoFuntz wrote: »

There is no email you have to have forum access and PM someone. Invites are by a random drawing.
    Well I just signed up this evening so I hope I get in (fingers crossed)

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    MC Frontalot announced a show on Monday night at El Corazon at 8PM. All ages, $10-12 tickets. He almost always schedule shows like this at the end of PAX and usually add other main stage PAX bands. There's nobody else on there yet but I'm sure there will be soon.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    So looks like I got into the Guild Wars 2 party my life is complete :)

They send out invites already?

vn6ID15.png

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Looks like Nindies at Night is returning. Anyone go last year? http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/08/nintendo_confirms_nindiesatnight_and_more_for_pax_west

• ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I went last year and it was pretty fun. A nice way to get into the EMP for free if you've never been, the Sky Church there is really something to see when they do it up with lights for events. They had some free snacks, alcohol for purchase in a little "beer garden," and t-shirts if you played all the games or a certain set of them I think. There was also some small swag available at some booths, things like buttons although I did get a cool zipper pull from the Shantae booth I still use. They first showed off the Shovel Knight Amiibo there last year and had a few other devs talk on stage, including Fast Racing Neo I believe.

I'm not sure if we'll go again this year just due to time constraints, as of right now there's still a lot of cosplay stuff to finish, but if I get it wrapped up I may go again.

ElmoFuntz wrote: »

They send out invites already?
    they did the first wave already idk when they do the next one keep an eye on your GW2 forum inbox tho.

• BiledriverBiledriver Registered User new member
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Thanks for this!

I'm curious if the HP Lovecraft bar crawl will be making a return, have a buddy who wanted to go but missed out last year.

Tri-Wizard still has 7 slots.

hey guys,
    I've missed out on the h.p. lovecraft thing 3 years in a row. I'm trying to go to the pubcrawl also.
    Is Tri-Wizards the group that puts it on?
    If so can someone send a link to it I'd like to sign up.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Biledriver wrote: »
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Thanks for this!

I'm curious if the HP Lovecraft bar crawl will be making a return, have a buddy who wanted to go but missed out last year.

Tri-Wizard still has 7 slots.

hey guys,
    I've missed out on the h.p. lovecraft thing 3 years in a row. I'm trying to go to the pubcrawl also.
    Is Tri-Wizards the group that puts it on?
    If so can someone send a link to it I'd like to sign up.

There are links to all of these things at the top of this post. Tri-wizard is sold out, but there can be a good bit of turnover at the last minute. aff="]here[/url].

• SilverspudSilverspud Registered User regular
    Didn't see this mentioned yet, but Square Enix's lineup lists a party Friday night with Kinda Funny:

In addition to the panel, join the team for their Deus Ex GO launch event and a Kinda Funny meet & greet. Come eat some poutine, meet the devs and win cool prizes.

DEUS EX GO & KINDA FUNNY PARTY

Friday September 2 nd

8pm until 2am

Hard Rock Café Seattle – 2 nd Floor

116 Pike St. Seattle, WA

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/279726/SQUARE_ENIX_ANNOUNCES_PAX_WEST_2016_LINEUP_AND_EVENTS.php

Scunosi wrote: »
    I went last year and it was pretty fun. A nice way to get into the EMP for free if you've never been, the Sky Church there is really something to see when they do it up with lights for events. They had some free snacks, alcohol for purchase in a little "beer garden," and t-shirts if you played all the games or a certain set of them I think. There was also some small swag available at some booths, things like buttons although I did get a cool zipper pull from the Shantae booth I still use. They first showed off the Shovel Knight Amiibo there last year and had a few other devs talk on stage, including Fast Racing Neo I believe.

I'm not sure if we'll go again this year just due to time constraints, as of right now there's still a lot of cosplay stuff to finish, but if I get it wrapped up I may go again.

Was it open to the public or only for PAX attendees?

xg81x9uysw01.png

Edit: N/M, open to the public it looks like. Which sucks.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Silverspud wrote: »
    Didn't see this mentioned yet, but Square Enix's lineup lists a party Friday night with Kinda Funny:

In addition to the panel, join the team for their Deus Ex GO launch event and a Kinda Funny meet & greet. Come eat some poutine, meet the devs and win cool prizes.

DEUS EX GO & KINDA FUNNY PARTY

Friday September 2 nd

8pm until 2am

Hard Rock Café Seattle – 2 nd Floor

116 Pike St. Seattle, WA

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/279726/SQUARE_ENIX_ANNOUNCES_PAX_WEST_2016_LINEUP_AND_EVENTS.php

Oh man the Lara Croft Go party last year was amazing. However it was IGN, not Kinda Funny. The Kinda Funny meetup at PSX was around the block after the venue hit fire capacity. You're going to need to line up at like 4pm to get into this(or earlier).

krae_man on
  • ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular

I guess I'm not really sure why that sucks. The EMP is huge, it's a public museum built to handle large crowds, and the area where they host the event is primarily in the most open part of the building, the Sky Church. And last year the Nindies event wasn't even as crowded as some of the other events there I've been to. Unless word-of-mouth from last year somehow boosts numbers way more than the first year I wouldn't be too worried about who and how many people are attending. It's not exactly some huge rave that non-nerds are going to be thronging to get into.

I guess I'm not really sure why that sucks. The EMP is huge, it's a public museum built to handle large crowds, and the area where they host the event is primarily in the most open part of the building, the Sky Church. And last year the Nindies event wasn't even as crowded as some of the other events there I've been to. Unless word-of-mouth from last year somehow boosts numbers way more than the first year I wouldn't be too worried about who and how many people are attending. It's not exactly some huge rave that non-nerds are going to be thronging to get into.

Okay, good. Because I went to the other EMP party last year (Saturday night) and we had to wait in line outside in the rain. There were other annoyances too, like not being able to leave and come back despite having our hands stamped. A security measure I guess, one that didn't need to be nearly as strict if they only let PAX attendees in.

But you're right, this must be a lot more tame given it's on a Thursday night.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Two new ones for you guys:

Dishonored 2
    If you’re heading to PAX West in Seattle, you can experience all the atmosphere of Karnaca (minus those pesky bloodflies) with a few blinks over our community experience. We’re taking over the Center for Wooden Boats and turning it into Dishonored 2’s Dust District. You’ll meet a variety of characters from the game, enjoy delicious food & drink, and take part in Karnaca’s vibrant street life.

Your visit to Karnaca starts at 7pm on Sunday, September 4. Attendees will be able to check out a special showing of Dishonored 2 gameplay, presented by Arkane Co-Creative Director Harvey Smith. We’ll have additional information on Dishonored 2 events, giveaways and more at PAX West soon.

We encourage attendees to dress as their favorite Dishonored or Dishonored 2 characters. To help with this, we’ve put together a cosplay reference guide for Dishonored 2’s Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano – just in time for PAX West or any other event you may attend.

Double Fine PAX Fan Meetup
    Please join us once more at Hard Rock Seattle for an evening of Double Fine related fun times!

This year we'll have a live Healander performance from bonafide synth magician David Earl, and Gang Beasts music from the legendary Doseone. We'll also be unveling a new DF Presents title which you'll be able to play alongside a Gang Beasts free for all, and if you're lucky we'll also have Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin on hand too!

Hoping to see you at Hard Rock Seattle, on Sunday 4th September from 6pm-9pm!

Note that this event is open to everyone, and no PAX pass is required!

PimDtoK.png
  • CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    jukkakhan wrote: »

Dishonored 2
    If you’re heading to PAX West in Seattle, you can experience all the atmosphere of Karnaca (minus those pesky bloodflies) with a few blinks over our community experience. We’re taking over the Center for Wooden Boats and turning it into Dishonored 2’s Dust District. You’ll meet a variety of characters from the game, enjoy delicious food & drink, and take part in Karnaca’s vibrant street life.

Your visit to Karnaca starts at 7pm on Sunday, September 4. Attendees will be able to check out a special showing of Dishonored 2 gameplay, presented by Arkane Co-Creative Director Harvey Smith. We’ll have additional information on Dishonored 2 events, giveaways and more at PAX West soon.

We encourage attendees to dress as their favorite Dishonored or Dishonored 2 characters. To help with this, we’ve put together a cosplay reference guide for Dishonored 2’s Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano – just in time for PAX West or any other event you may attend.

Oh gosh, if this is anything like the event they did for Dishonored 1 then this is going to be something else. Little bit of a trek to get out there though.

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
    jukkakhan wrote: »

Dishonored 2

Oh gosh, if this is anything like the event they did for Dishonored 1 then this is going to be something else. Little bit of a trek to get out there though.

Wish it wasn't during Acquisitions Inc.

vn6ID15.png

• MizuRyuuMizuRyuu Registered User regular
    The Dishonored party sounds great. I just hope it is better organized than the Evil Within party they did in 2014 which was horribly organized and lackluster.

• gabrielleisradgabrielleisrad Registered User new member
    Are there any parties going on at the hookah bars around town? I'm only 18 and love hookah bars, and I can't really go into real bars so :-/

• ArtDragonArtDragon Registered User regular
    Are there any parties going on at the hookah bars around town? I'm only 18 and love hookah bars, and I can't really go into real bars so :-/

Hookah Party on Thursday. Check-out the listing on the first page at the top!

• dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    Still no news on the twitch party?

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular

If memory serves me correctly, recently, they've been limiting Twitch parties to Twitch partners/invite only. Or you can ask at the Twitch booth and they might be able to help you out with an invite.

• DawgfatherJrDawgfatherJr Registered User regular
    For anyone looking for something cool do to on Thursday night, we're having a tabletop party on the top floor of the tallest building in Seattle. There will be games to play, games to win, game designers to play with and delicious food and drinks. For info: http://www.ftwevents.com/

• quikblendquikblend CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    dont really know if its a party, but EPIC will have a Paragon meetup on friday https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/news/pax-west-2016-meetup

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/game-jolts-indie-pax-party-tickets-27165787602 also recently posted

quikblend on
    edited August 2016

basically what pelicanflip said. I heard through the partner i mod, that it is going to be partner only.

vv6b3kmxbwm7.jpg

quikblend on
    quikblend wrote: »

basically what pelicanflip said. I heard through the partner i mod, that it is going to be partner only.

vv6b3kmxbwm7.jpg
    so is it like the people who have 5k + followers partner thing/ sponsored ?

quikblend wrote: »

vv6b3kmxbwm7.jpg
    so is it like the people who have 5k + followers partner thing/ sponsored ?

basically if you arent partnered with twitch, you arent going to get in

This discussion has been closed.