As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SCHEDULE IS UP! (on everything now!) What panels are YOU most stoked for?

2»

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I'm actually interested in finally hitting up one of the Telltale panels that I keep hearing are awesome. I see one regular one and one TellTale Batman Crowd Play. Anyone have any prior experience going to the crowd plays? Should I line up super early like Acquisitions and is it worth it?

• cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I'm actually interested in finally hitting up one of the Telltale panels that I keep hearing are awesome. I see one regular one and one TellTale Batman Crowd Play. Anyone have any prior experience going to the crowd plays? Should I line up super early like Acquisitions and is it worth it?

Last year we went to the TellTale live play of Tales from the Borderlands with Laura Bailey and it was a lot of fun. I don't remember exactly how early we lined up, but it wasn't more than an hour before the panel.

7lcw1cifdzb4.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Just saw the schedule on guidebook no concerts this year?
    According to twitter they're just waiting for some web assets before they announce the concerts:

Oh hey, my tweet. :P

I'm still anxiously awaiting the concert announcements too, I can't imagine why they are this late (actually I do have one crazy theory), they usually come up long before the schedule and such. I do know that at least Bit Brigade is playing again but that's about it. And I guess MC Frontalot is a given.

NSw0gum.png
  • giant_frying_pangiant_frying_pan Registered User regular
    krae_man wrote: »
    Headhunter wrote: »
    I'm excited about the Nintendo 64 20th anniversary panel...!

Yeah but it's happening at the same time as the superior PAX Rumble.

Which of course, will still feature a Nintendo 64!

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    http://west.paxsite.com/music

MC Frontalot
    Bit Brigade
    Triforce Quartet
    Super Guitar Bros
    The Videogame Pianist
    AND THE ONEUPS ARE FINALLY BACK!!!! :D:D

I made a thread by the way

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Very excited for the OneUps was hoping for 7 bit hero, but still looks like a solid lineup. Also, interested to hear The Videogame Pianist as that act is new to me.

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Did Roosterteeth drop out?, they are not on the schedule on the site but still on guidebooks? or was it just not added by mistake?.

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • SunnyHedgieSunnyHedgie Registered User new member
    Hey there!
    This year will be my first year attending PAX West, and I wanted to ask a quick question.
    There's a panel for a Youtuber going on Monday (the only day I could get tickets for). I have a gift for him, but I obviously can't make it to his signing session on Friday. Is there any way to give it to staff that'll give it to him (After the panel, of course) or something? I know at some conventions, it's okay and at others, it's not. But I didn't want to overstep my boundaries.
    (And by the way, I'm so nervous and excited to see the panel!)
    Have a good night, everyone!

• sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    You can try your luck with hanging out after the panel and approaching said YouTuber. If they don't have a tight schedule, they might be cool with hanging around and talking after the panel. That's how I usually meet the YouTubers I want to see at PAX.
    I don't think PAX has a hard rule about giving gifts to personalities as I've seen I happen multiple times.
    Don't be nervous and engage with them because they're probably more excited to meet you than you are to meet them :]
    Good luck!

• SunnyHedgieSunnyHedgie Registered User new member
    Okay! Thank you for the help! And I know he is, Jack's always so happy to meet everyone!
    And just in case he does wind up being busy after the panel (which, I don't think he should, all his main busy stuff is the days before the panel) I'll try and speak to the staff!

• ReydienReydien Registered User regular
    Is there a more graph-like or spreadsheet-like schedule somewhere yet? I'm considering putting something together to make the schedule easier to grok visually, but don't want to waste my time if it's already been done.

• Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    This schedule looks great! Can't wait to see this stuff, but one question, I noticed that there wasn't a time for autographs with Gabe and Tycho, anyone know if they're not doing that this year?

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    They normally combine that with the pin trading now, I believe

• CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Okay! Thank you for the help! And I know he is, Jack's always so happy to meet everyone!
    And just in case he does wind up being busy after the panel (which, I don't think he should, all his main busy stuff is the days before the panel) I'll try and speak to the staff!

I can't imagine there wouldn't be a way to give it to him. If you're not too shy, you could even give it to him during his panel. But a lot of panels that I've been to, the people in them have stayed after for quick pictures and signings, unless they had a signing to get to. Don't count on me being 100% though!

Hope to see you there! I'm so excited to see Jack and that he has his own panel.

• DeimirDeimir Registered User regular
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »
    Did Roosterteeth drop out?, they are not on the schedule on the site but still on guidebooks? or was it just not added by mistake?.

Seems they were accidentally omitted when the schedule first went up on the site. They're listed under the main theater now.

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Deimir wrote: »
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »

Seems they were accidentally omitted when the schedule first went up on the site. They're listed under the main theater now.

Yea saw it was re-added, and another thing i did not notice before is the voice acting panel.

Really excited for that, have always wanted to see John and Ellen.

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Having to shift focus away from fandom this year. Retiring from the Navy, so getting into all the professional panels (and PAX DEV for the first time) this time around. No GIANT VEST OF BUTTONS this year, either. Thankfully PAX always has a really good crop of these types of events. Hooray for networking! Wish me luck...

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • n3rdlinkn3rdlink Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    CKing wrote: »

I can't imagine there wouldn't be a way to give it to him. If you're not too shy, you could even give it to him during his panel. But a lot of panels that I've been to, the people in them have stayed after for quick pictures and signings, unless they had a signing to get to. Don't count on me being 100% though!

Hope to see you there! I'm so excited to see Jack and that he has his own panel.

Good luck getting your gift to him but IMO I would not suggest giving it to them during a panel's Q&A. For the years that i have gone to panels at conventions, one of the most annoying things is when people use the Q&A portion to have some sort of interaction with the talent on stage. For one it's time consuming, it cuts the Q&A shorter than it could be and less people will be able to ask questions. Second it can be cringey seeing reactions from the talent and the gifter, if the gift is subpar or weird. I would suggest doing it more personally after a panel if possible, or during a signing.

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    ^^ YES THIS OMG. It's really frustrating and annoying as a normal audience member to watch this go down. And extremely attention-seeking on behalf of the gift giver.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Please give any sort of gifts you have for people doing signings to the Enforcers manning the area. They will pass along those gifts.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?