As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade] Founders packs are live

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/375230/announcements/

Game is being upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.11

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    So how much like Space Marine is this?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705

I feel like its faster paced than the Space Marine multiplayer, but I seem to die pretty damn fast, and cannot seem to kill enemies as quickly, so figure its a matter of focus firing (or else bullet travel time / latency).

Otherwise, extremely similar, but with the addition of a support class, and a tank class

steam_sig.png
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    You know what, when you actually coordinate with your squadmates and act like a freakin' army instead of a bunch of randos, this game is pretty fun!

Children's rights are human rights.

I feel like its faster paced than the Space Marine multiplayer, but I seem to die pretty damn fast, and cannot seem to kill enemies as quickly, so figure its a matter of focus firing (or else bullet travel time / latency).

Otherwise, extremely similar, but with the addition of a support class, and a tank class

Lies, there's a cover system, and a stamina bar... You really have to be careful. Also it's like Halo in that your shield regenerates, but not your health. Gotta stick close to that apothecary!* (Yup, there's supposed to be at least one per squad now, go figure.)

* But not too close, lest a wayward plasma cannon ball take you both out.**

** And you should stick relatively close to your squad leader. He gives a health bonus to the members of his squad.

• FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    This looks interesting, is there actually a set timeline for beta & official launch?

Launch is "set" for summer 2016, but I think they're being optimistic.

• deathsanideathsani Registered User regular
    Hello everyone, I am new to EC. I played 40k from 3rd-5th (but I quit after 5th dropped) and I am really excited to see someone do something good with 40k.

Hey, we should form a warparty. What's everybody's steam username so I can friend you?

Also,

The big launch infographic

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    deathsani wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I am new to EC. I played 40k from 3rd-5th (but I quit after 5th dropped) and I am really excited to see someone do something good with 40k.

It's a good time to be a Warhammer fan. There's Total Warhammer, and this, and DoW III, and Battlefleet Gothic just came out.

H9f4bVe.png
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    its a game and its warhammer. so... tyranid digestion pit or the biggest bowl of Khorne flakes in the galaxy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Could be tyranids, though the opening quote refers to the Necrons. Both are big on 'harvesting' the living. Trailer is sort've trippy dream-state stuff, so who knows.

H9f4bVe.png
    Elaro wrote: »
    Hey, we should form a warparty. What's everybody's steam username so I can friend you?

Also,

The big launch infographic

I would always be happy to join up, steam name is Deaddin like in my sig.

steam_sig.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    That bowl sure as heck looked Nid to me.

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    That bowl sure as heck looked Nid to me.

I thought the towers the eldar were coming out of were tyranid too, they looked all organic. Then I got a good look at the elder armor and thought that it might all be wraithbone, which is stuff the eldar grow so it makes sense that it would be organic.

I dunno. More info plz!

H9f4bVe.png
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that the Eldar buildings and armor were wraithbone, they just gave it more texture than is usually depicted.

edited May 2016
    The colors are wrong, but I assumed the Eldar were Iyanden since there was so much wraithbone. Which would also fit nids since they invaded Iyanden.

Darkewolfe on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I don't think it's Iyanden. Screenshots of gameplay show Biel Tan, which is a pretty safe Craftworld to go with. I doubt Tyranids are going to show up in the base game. I'm sure they'll show up in the first expansion for sure.

• deathsanideathsani Registered User regular
    Username is DevilfishJack

Eldar are in!

• GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Gave this a try, love 40k, liked space marines multiplayer (and weren't too bad it)

Let me just quickly pick a dude...and im dead. Who shot me? fuck knows.
    Lets try again, run forward abit, raptor runs around a corner hits me once with a power axe and im dead again before I know what happened.
    Third time, lets follow my teammates they know where we're going. oh im dead again. What killed me? haven't a clue.
    4th times the charm, nope my team mate ran me over with a rhino.
    5th life I managed to fire a shot, one shot before I was dead again.

2 matches later im yet to even successfully hit a guy and have done nothing but run a bit before being one-shotted by people I can't see.
    I did manage to pick someone up from the ground once however, yay?

Sure glad I spent money on this.

Really? What's your steam name, if we get into a warparty together I might be able to coach you.

Until then, uhh... get in cover? Avoid tanks and heavy weapons? Constant vigilance?

Also, as soon as you get hit, roll sideways (press a|d + space button).

Also, @deathsani , there's no DevilfishJack that I can find on steam. Have you changed nickname?

• GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    played a few more matches this morning, still getting literally getting one hit killed by everything from turrets to dire avengers
    my chainsword does nothing while theirs kill me in one swing.
    Spent more time dead and looking at the respawn map than actually playing the game, its obviously not for me.
    Thanks for the offer of advice but i'm done with this

Update 19 is out being deployed! Time to test Tyranid PVE

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I wonder when we'll get air vehicles like thunderhawks and valkyries. Bought this game a bit back along with Warhammer Total War and Vermintide to get my Warhammer fix.

Kadoken on
    From what I saw in playthroughs, Tyranid dungeons look amazing visually, I feel like they could use more enemy variety though. Seemed like pair of gaunts, pair of gaunts, pair of gaunts, umpteen times until oh look, a warrior!

H9f4bVe.png
    Orks are in! WAaaaaaagh!

Also, updated infographic:

983a53b6e7b5588b430878651927c6a414ea61dc.jpg

Heh.

• imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    so what kind of condition is the game in? off-the-cuff comments suggest 1 month from now is overly optimistic

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    so what kind of condition is the game in? off-the-cuff comments suggest 1 month from now is overly optimistic

Game is....okay.

Animations feel hella janky though. It's like Space Marine, strapped on top of a way cheaper engine.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2016
    Unlike other square peg/round hole situations where Games Workshop just tosses money at someone without thinking things through, the devs in this case realized there's no way they could make a legit MMO on their budget and with their staff, so they scaled it back. It's now more closer to Space Marine's multiplayer on a larger scale and with more classes and persistent character stuff. If you're expecting like...an MMO MMO or, if only, Planetside with 40k skins, then you're outta luck unless the game takes off (the game is not going to take off).

Not that the game is good, and in all honestly it's not looking like the game is going to be remotely finished by the launch date, but it's not the burning wreckage so many other small MMO devs have presided over.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    Unlike other square peg/round hole situations where Games Workshop just tosses money at someone without thinking things through, the devs in this case realized there's no way they could make a legit MMO on their budget and with their staff, so they scaled it back. It's now more closer to Space Marine's multiplayer on a larger scale and with more classes and persistent character stuff. If you're expecting like...an MMO MMO or, if only, Planetside with 40k skins, then you're outta luck unless the game takes off (the game is not going to take off).

Not that the game is good, and in all honestly it's not looking like the game is going to be remotely finished by the launch date, but it's not the burning wreckage so many other small MMO devs have presided over.

Honestly, it seems better than I expected it was going to be.

As you say, still not good. I'm not spending money on it. But, like, if you DID spend money on it, you might actually be able to feel like you'd get some enjoyment from that.

You know what, once you dial down the settings to something your machine can handle, the game's pretty fun!

The game is easily worth at least 10 bucks just for the voice acting.

Yes, the game needs a few more mechanics to make it more than just "TF2 in space, with vehicles" but the core gameplay is there, surprisingly enough.

Well, it'll be free to play after launch and you can only buy it for $40 currently, so $10 is a tough price to buy it at currently. :P

• imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    If I spend the $40, can I get pauldrons like these?

13709909_1112770982101865_2523919179483441075_n.jpg?oh=0e53b26f419a96bac740df9987ba56b0&oe=583C863B

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    The real question is how many purity seals can you get out of $40

e9WzFxG.jpg

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    13873060_1353758081319996_9118460895828941328_n.jpg?oh=59a6c4c7a4a84db2c4743ebde14aedbb&oe=583FF164

NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    The real question is how many purity seals can you get out of $40

http://i.imgur.com/e9WzFxG.jpg

Love how the artist got about halfway through and was like 'too many seals... cannot script them all...'

H9f4bVe.png
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    On a more serious note, who all has been actively playing this stuff lately? I've gotten my CSM up to rank 2, but thus far the advancement screen has a whole lot of nothing in it to spend my advancement points on.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    On a more serious note, who all has been actively playing this stuff lately? I've gotten my CSM up to rank 2, but thus far the advancement screen has a whole lot of nothing in it to spend my advancement points on.

Do you mean nothing worth buying because it doesn't interest you, or literally they haven't added any advancement stuff to CSM?