As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this [Love]?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Lady was over last night and we hung out for ages and it was great. She's so great!

big ol smile on my face this morning. Not even the milk being on the verge of going off with a good few cups of tea left in it has dampened my mood

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    Ghosting by unmatching = cool

Ghosting by just not responding to messages until they unmatch = assholish

Do the cool thing, not the assholish one. I find this rule works pretty well for most things besides internet dating too, actually.

Yeah, I prefer being umatched. Just makes it simple and 100% clear what's going on.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I've been talking (well, talking is a strong word) with a young lady who is GORGEOUS, and very... terse, I guess is a good descriptor? And she has like, zero information on her profile.

She asked if I want to hang out after really only just exchanging pleasantries.

I'm gonna get murdered, aren't I?

Realpost: I'm gonna see if I can coax a little info out of her by asking her questions about what she'd like to do. She really is quite lovely, but my Spidey-sense is kinda tingling here.

sarukun on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I prefer a ghosting if that's what we're calling it. Unmatches make me sad

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Just do what I do and never get any matches in the first place!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I got my first interview!

At the place I went to high school with?

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Hurrah

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Definitely Hurrah.

It just feels super weird that it's at my old high school!

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Blake T wrote: »
    Definitely Hurrah.

Well basicslly half of my high school teachers were former students.

Granted it was a nice district in a high socioeconomic area, so it was a desired school district to work at.

And if being a former student helps you get in the door at the nice school then so be it.

The only weird thing is potentially being co-workers with former teachers of yours.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I went to high school with 3 of the teachers that went to high school with my mother
    It was interesting

• Options
    Definitely Hurrah.

Well basicslly half of my high school teachers were former students.

Granted it was a nice district in a high socioeconomic area, so it was a desired school district to work at.

And if being a former student helps you get in the door at the nice school then so be it.

The only weird thing is potentially being co-workers with former teachers of yours.

Due to my behaviour at school, there is only one teacher I hope I don't run into, I did not treat him well.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I did the Meet Up meet up and it was good and nice.

Some people messaged me saying they hope I go again

thats odd and really nice

how nice! Humblebrag? Sorry if it is.

People enjoyed spending time with you and want to hang out with you again?

I'm shocked. Utterly floored by this completely unexpected turn of events.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I think 3 people from my HS class work at my HS now

poo
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I went to high school with 3 of the teachers that went to high school with my mother
    It was interesting

It's a setup for a fantasy harem manga
    Through the teachers you will get to encounter your forgotten childhood friend, tsundere girl which fell in hate with you at first sight, various wacky characters and Gary

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    "
    Hey! How's it going? I might be interested in your clunge so let's find out ! :)"

• Options
    Well, that word's in my Google search history now...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    The fucking fuck is a clunge?

Whatever it is it makes me inexplicably furious. I don't know if it's just the word itself or how he used it but I wanna flip like, 3 tables right now.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Wow

There are dirty words and then there are dirty words.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Sounds like some kind of handbag but it's most probably refering to that

Peas on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    It's a rank word. Urgh.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    it sounds like something you would hit an engine with

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    "Sorry, it read your message and asked me to Google chastity belts."

"Lol. Good one."

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    You guys not heard of clunge.

It's what top lads chat about over nandos.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Nando!? Nani???

*Nani means "what" in japanese

Peas on
  • Options
    Yeah but those bants the lads get up to while having a cheeky nandos Karl fail to be respectful of women.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I'm sorry. It is hard.
    I've had so many times with bad friend that acted like me texting then once or twice would be some kind of huge attack on their life and schedule even if they didn't respond. Fine until they need something and I'm expected to drop everything for them. Then they go back to not responding for months and accusing me of being the bad guy when I'm upset at the double standard.

It is hard not to carry that fear forward into trying to make new connections and friends. But I can't just hole up and expect to get over it that way.

HEY.

YOU.

I like you and I'd be pleased to call you my friend. You're a good dude Uriel. Your heart is in the right place and you are trying to be a better person. No-one can reasonably ask for more than that from you.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I did the Meet Up meet up and it was good and nice.

Some people messaged me saying they hope I go again

thats odd and really nice

how nice! Humblebrag? Sorry if it is.

Well you are rad and cool and awesome, so it makes sense that whoever it is would want to hang out with you again.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Definitely Hurrah.

Didn't you go to an school somewhere? I hear they have quite the reputation for being a good school for music. And a bit of a drug problem, but that has probably been stamped out by now. One of my sisters went there from 8-10, then Cyril Jackson for 11 & 12 after a year break, and the other for 8 and then NSHS for 9-12.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Blake T, I worked at my high school for a year as a para.

It was... surreal.

And only solidified more that I grew up in a town full of monsters.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks chris for posting where I went to school on a public form.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    "
    Hey! How's it going? I might be interested in your clunge so let's find out ! :)"

Ask if he's in to slodging

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Better go change all those secret questions

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    "

How are these people finding you?! What kind of person thinks that's an okay thing to say (quite apart from quoting the Inbetweeners over the age of like... 19).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    "

How are these people finding you?! What kind of person thinks that's an okay thing to say (quite apart from quoting the Inbetweeners over the age of like... 19).

I don't think Angelina's experience with online dating as a woman is unique, I think she is just being more transparent.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    "

I refuse to google this term

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    "

I refuse to google this term

Let's just say whatever you're mentally filling in for it probably captures the spirit of the message accurately.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Thanks chris for posting where I went to school on a public form.

Ah, sorry dude.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Hm date today

How to have success

We shall see

poo
  • Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    2 more weeks till boyfriend is here!!! <3

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    There's a guy on Bumble whose pictures are all of him in a waistcoat and tie etc with a lion cub in his lap, professionally taken. Wtf.

This discussion has been closed.