As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

need to make friends...

lexihockey20lexihockey20 Registered User new member
Hi!
One of my biggest goals this year is to make friends in school. But there's a problem...
I play elite girls ice hockey and its a huge time demand. It's really difficult to go to events like football games and dances, and even just to invite friends over or go to the mall with them.
How do I make friends? I just want more friends in school really badly.
Thanks

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Any of your fellow players go to your school? They might have friends you can be friends with.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Being an Old, I thought of setting up a shared calendar/meet-up type thing where you post your games/practices and send it out to kids you want to hang out with.

So if they're heading down to the Ben Franklin for egg cream sodas, they can blast out an invite to you.

A simpler way is just to get on other kids' friends/following lists of whatever they're using and send out invites yourself when you're free.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Does your hockey team not work for this, or are you not very tight with them outside of games?

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    To make friends:
    • talk with people
    • listen to other people
    • keep talking & listening to those you like

That's it. Simple on paper, hard to do in practice.

• Options
    JustforspiteJustforspite Registered User regular
    This might be a long shot but I recently read an article about a student who had made a "sit with us" app for finding people to sit with at lunch. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teen-creates-app-sit-with-us-open-welcoming-tables-lunch-bullying_us_57c5802ee4b09cd22d926463

Thanks to @pkkaos for the awesome avatar!