As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] is a Battlefield

JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
edited August 2016 in Social Entropy++
https://youtu.be/IGVZOLV9SPo
So get ready, soldier!

Lock and load your

https://youtu.be/trR5ROuf1Uk

Maybe grab a

https://youtu.be/e-E1ds4dHRY

And don't be afraid to be

https://youtu.be/CBWBAWttAf0

Because we all have to die some day.

This is the Love thread! Here we discuss our various love-crafts, or lack thereof. Or like tea or whatever. The love thread is pretty fluid, maaan.

Juggernut on

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Dear Love thread

My girlfriend is a blanket hog. She then gets angry when I pull the blanket back so I get my equal share. Because it wakes her up.

Apparently I have to gently wake her up and then do it.

It's a literal cold war

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Dear Love thread

My girlfriend is a blanket hog. She then gets angry when I pull the blanket back so I get my equal share. Because it wakes her up.

It's a literal cold war

It was like 29 degrees (C) last night, it's her funeral!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Secret tea thread, today I tried teapigs jasmine tea and it was delicious. That is all.

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    "Hi xx is hot to day what u saying x"

...nothing?

I'm more than half way through my summer holidays and that thought is on my mind too much now.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    OK cupid is weird guys.

• Options
    By "weird" do you mean "desolate hell scape of ne'er ending horror?"

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Yeah pretty much. Though I'm having a chat with a guy who I messaged so we'll see.

I feel judgemental as fuck.

Liiya on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much. Though I'm having a chat with a guy who I messaged so we'll see.

Every once in a while I become aware of my inner monologue as I'm browsing through matches and realize I'm kind of a monster.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    I already know I'm a monster so i've held off signing up to any dating sites/apps, to be fair until I'm living somewhere else a relationship would be quite awkward (still in situ with the ex, 6 months and counting while I wait for the house sale to go through).

Once I'm free though...

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Date was okay I'm not really sure?

She was a misantropic pessimist but I kind of liked that? But then it also made it hard for me to know what to think
    There was no smoochies or anything and at times it was awk but then also at times it was good
    And she made mention when we parted ways to maybe get drinks again

Hm we shall see

My overeagerness in texting back girl I thought I had really good date with bit me, but then each person is different and not sure how to handle this one

poo
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

shit everybody run

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Dear Love thread

It's a literal cold war

Welcome to the front lines, soldier. It's rough, cold life on this side of the bed.

Have you folks considered getting two blankets

Peas on
  • Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Dear Love thread

It's a literal cold war

Welcome to the front lines, soldier. It's rough, cold life on this side of the bed.

I mean, she'd just be hogging two blankets then.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Dear Love thread

It's a literal cold war

get your logic out of the british tea thread

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

good!

don't settle.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Dear Love thread

It's a literal cold war

Have you considered getting two beds? Two queen sized beds side by side is the key to marital/cohabitation bliss if one or both of the people is some combination of an active mover and a light sleeper.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    2... queen size beds?

poo
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Had a second date with the lady from OKC yesterday. We spent all day at Universal and it went pretty well. She said she can tell I'm not from here because I'm happy and generally positive, which I thought was amusing. In the longer lines, she tended to hold onto my arm and doze on my shoulder, which after a a year of no real physical contact was nice.

She's a cool lady. I just hope she's able to find her feet, both with respect to finishing her education and professionally. I'm in no rush, though, so I'm happy to just kind of let things play out.

• Options
    happy and positive????

get the torches

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    2... queen size beds?

to match the palace-sized bedroom

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    tynic wrote: »
    2... queen size beds?

If you only have one - as I heard some people happen to - might as well go for a bigger one. What Else are you gonna do with the east wing?

honovere on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    2... queen size beds?

If you only have one - as I heard some people happen to - might as well go for a bigger one. What Else are you gonna do with the east wing?

Sex Dungeon and/or home cinema room (perhaps a combination of the two?)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    2... queen size beds?

I think for it to be a sex dungeon it should have to be below ground level. At ground floor it's more of a sex office

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    2... queen size beds?

When we moved in together we both had queen sized beds and the master bedroom happened to be big enough to fit them both. I suppose we could make due with a king, but there would be no way we'd have made it with only one queen.

edit: we call it a super-queen

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man, my full-size bed has more space than I need, I can't imagine soloing a queen.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure every bed I've been in I've found to be simultaneously far too large and far too small

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure every bed I've been in I've found to be simultaneously far too large and far too small

I wish the standard for full size was the same total area but thinner and longer. I'm barely 5'10" and either my feet are dangling off the end or my pillows are falling off the front

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I sleep on just the left hand side of my queen, which I've had for I think 2 years now? Single bed habits are hard to break.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    2... queen size beds?

I think for it to be a sex dungeon it should have to be below ground level. At ground floor it's more of a sex office

You're right, there is a lot of paperwork involved.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

You are goldilocks.

• Options
    Two chats, same first name. Oh no...

In other news I still love my job.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    We had takeout from a good Indian place last night and watched Game of Thrones and played Pokemon. This isn't too dissimilar from several previous nights with her, and I gotta say I'm at a loss as to how it's possible to improve upon this date concept.

Tonight we're probably going to eat something nice I make while we watch a terrible movie and heckle it while playing Pokemon, which I guess is definitely a close second!

It has been two months of really really good times split between fun dates and basically sleepovers with a friend who's incredibly cute and also who I'm dating :D.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    I guess I should text back this girl at some point

I'm still not sure how to read it or what to say

And for a long term thing she may be too negative for me (because i tend to be negative and need a counter balance)

But she would be fun to hang out with and go to concerts with and (also tbh I need to smash I might die)
    Which are fine reasons

poo
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm currently sleeping by myself in a queen, and its enormous.

I do OK in a full/double.

I'm only 5'11" but the height issue often plagues me.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    hello love thread.

Beds? I've had a california king and I still had my feet dangle off the edge. I'm 6'6" though. Honestly, I like sleeping on the edge. It drove the ex crazy that Id always face away.

One of the girls I was dating went full Fatal attraction on me and messaged my ex wife when I ended things. She said that she didn't blame me for the breakup but my ex. it was weird.

On the dating front my highschool best friend recently popped back into my life. Long story short, we're both in the same boat. Well, not exactly. See we definitely had a pretty in pink thing going on, and I was totally her duckie.

Except now she feels the same for me. I know this because we got a Liiiitle drunk and went for a nice walk. things are complicated for both of us, but it's kind of amazing. we're heading out tonight and hanging with her gay friends who are a hoot.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Two chats, same first name. Oh no...

In other news I still love my job.

Makes the sitcom-two-dates-at-the-same-time situation much easier though

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I'm a single dude with no ambitions. The world is my bed. I sleep wherever the fuck I feel like/lack the drive to move from

Juggernut on
  • Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I'm a single dude with no ambitions. The world is my bed. I sleep wherever the fuck I feel like/lack the drive to move from

I am also a single dude with no ambitions, but I'm more of a delicate flower and am really only comfortable sleeping on my bed (and, frankly, I probably need a new one of those).

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I once used a shoe as a pillow for a weekend on a camping trip thing and I have never felt more alive

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I went from wasing my sheets every two weeks to washing them every week a while back, and so far its been a great decision

This discussion has been closed.