As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Radeon 9250 of paltry mediocrity

clyburn13clyburn13 Registered User new member
Little help if you please!

I have an ATI Radeon 9250 (because my cheap computer didn't come with an AGP slot when I got it 4 years ago) and I am having driver trouble. I bought a DVD-R to replace my OEM CD-R that was in the computer and it won't play sound and gives an error about dolby digital not working because the driver for the graphics card is out of date and it and the DVD aren't compatible (but just for sound on DVD movies, not games or programs). You might ask...what does one have to do with the other? Or...you may have an answer for me because I don't understand what one has to do with the other. Eitherway. I thought this was odd until I installed the Orange Box. It runs almost perfect, with a few graphical "flickers" in the menu, except that when it goes to load the game from Steam...it says something about the driver not being up to date with the graphics card. Now the DVD error doesn't seem so weird to me. So I've been to ATI and have the latest Catalyst and drivers but to no avail. THEN I notice in the options for Team Fortress that it says my software is DirectX 9.x but the HARDWARE is DirectX 8.x compatible. Is this my problem? I tried to search and find somewhere to update this and according to the DVD and Steam, this seems to be my problem and both call for an update. ATI does not appear to have an update for my sad little 9250 that I can find. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

clyburn13 on

• Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You could try the Omega Drivers, which are an excellent alternative to the official Catalyst set and still support the 9xxx series of cards.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten